All Comments on 'Staring at the Sun Ch. 14'

by janiexx

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
A great story

Really from start to finish it's been a great story, characters been fleshed out and intriguing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
*sigh*

great story. real life is such a bitch sometimes. but overcoming the lows surely makes it worth living every minute of it. well, as long as its in the past, not the present circumstance. lol

MacDukeMacDukealmost 17 years ago
Perfect Ending

Lovely ending to a real story. Real life does not have neat tie-ups, does it? You resisted the urge to placate readers with a reconciliation fuck with Richard. I had forgotten about Diana, but you used her well in seeing to Jake getting his just desserts in the end. And ditto for that weasel Rob.

Now, let us see this story published! It is entirely worthy of the printed page. And give us more of your unique perspectives on marital sex and temptation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Outstanding Story!

Your writing reflects real people with real flaws. Louise cheated on her marriage with Jake and Mike but perhaps she can keep her family together. Richard was a fool in love and business but he gets a chance to make amends. Although neither Richard or Louise love each other perhaps they will stay together for the children's sake. Jake, Mike, Rob and Jilly get what they deserve out of this mess and Donna get to move on to a better life. Thank you for not writing a silly reconciliation fuck between Richard and Louise because their marriage just did not cracked it was shattered. Strangers treat each other better than Louise and Richard treated each other!____________________________

Outstanding Story, so I can not wait for the next submittal!__________________________________________________________

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Interesting story but a wimpy husband is ......

Bullshit! The slut wife cheated and got caught. Take a lesson from Winterfrog's POV's and plot lines. This screwed up marriage & business should be toast. She is a cheating slut and he is a "pure-breed wimp". Only "idiots" like Alvaron53 would praise this story because that is what "professionaly commentator" aspire to do. Good luck on the next one.

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 17 years ago
A bitter sweet ending!!!!

Well Jane, after 11 months this very enjoyable tale has come to its bitter sweet ending. Your writing has given us some real people who, like the rest of us, are flawed. Yes real life does not come in neat, convenient little packages and your ending reflects this. Louise and Richard were as flawed as any of the characters and this was compounded by their inability to communicate with each other. However, you leave us on an optimistic note with a glimmer of hope in their future. Altogether an outstanding tale from start to finish! Jane, you are a much better writer than we credit you and I, for one, look forward to many more contributions from you in the near future. Keep in touch, Pete.

smj54apsmj54apalmost 17 years ago
Extraordinary!

An expertly crafted bittersweeet tale that draws the reader in and never lets up. It has the pacing of a good suspense novel with a surprise or twist at every turn. Good writing is thought provoking and your story raises a lot questions about love, loyalty, family, rape, sexuality and betrayal. Brava! An exceptional effort.

crazy_leg_mancrazy_leg_manalmost 17 years ago
Great story!

Great plot and great writing. Don't listen to the idiots who want simplistic answers and rigid responses. Life is complex, confusing, and ever changing. This story effectively captured that and many of the feelings were genuine and caught us up in the emotion. Your characters are deep, involved, and realistic. The ending wasn't pat, though maybe a little quick. But isn't that the sign of a good tale? you want to know more about the characters and their lives.

For what it's worth, I think Richard is getting off a little easy; yes, Louise's infidelity was a big betrayal, but his secretive approach to running the business and huge miscalculations were just as significant to their troubles. I really liked how you captured their personal insecurities and the guilt they each felt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Silly, ..............

This story is sweet but silly. It belongs somewhere else.

ex_librisex_librisabout 15 years ago
Excellent

Well written, though I have to agree that the turn of the plot towards the end was not very plausible. Loved the characterisation and how you portrayed the emotions - especially Louise's and her marriage. Like the other reviewers I'm glad you left off where you did instead of having a lovey-dovey reunion - though would love for a continuation or sequel about what happens with Richard and Louise with all those changes. For some reason the two of them, and the relationship between the two of them is inriguing and appealing (along with the rest of the well-fleshed out characters) Thanks for the story Janie, and anymore sequels (please?) or other stories in the works?

ex_librisex_librisabout 15 years ago
Excellent and forgot to add...

Forgot to ask in the previous comment whether Richard's illness after the golf game was caused by Jake too, like when he drugged Louise. thanks!

KOTKKOTKover 14 years ago
Finally...

I made it to the last chapter. This was a wonderful Novella and I'm glad I read it. All's well when ends well so let's forgive and forget the "Mike" episode. Your writing style is excellent and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was really a pleasure, thanks very much for the entertainment.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
What a great story

wonderful read. Alot of people seem down on Richard because he wasn't communicating with the slut of a wife but in the end she wasn't communicating with him either, not about the lump, her disatisfaction during the years before the trip nor about what happened with Mike. Her actions with Mike were as reprehensible as her actions with Jake. Hell, as far as I can tell she still lying about MikeRichard can't take full blame for the company, both and her father were also directors, her father knew what was going on, if she didn't she wasn't meeting her obligations. IMO she wouldn't be worth fighting for nor going to counseling with. As far as staying togather for the children, that's idiotic. I'm glad all the plotters got what they deserved but Louise sure got off easy. Great story and fun read even if none of the characters were very likable people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sad

A well-crafted story and excellent writing, but I feel sad that Richard does not have the strength to walk away from a woman who does not know the difference between making love and rape;and has so little character that she blames everyone but herself for her adultery and won't admit that she cheated with Mike as well. She is self-centered and deeply damaged given her weakness for "dangerous" men. He sadly chooses to embrace future heartache.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous