Starstruck Ch. 10-12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course it does. On the outside you do nothing but scorn them. You constantly go around saying how you don't need them, how they've made your life a misery and you'd be better off without them. But really you're just a scared little girl looking for Mummy and Daddies approval in everything you do. Your nothing but a spoilt little brat." Chase hated himself when he saw the tears spilling down Sam's cheeks, but he knew now that it had to be done. She couldn't keep all of her pain bottled up inside her anymore.

"What the hell would you know of it. You don't know anything about my life. You have no right to talk to me like this when you have no idea how much I've suffered. From now on, stay the hell away from me." Sam turned and fled down the stairs, sobbing.

Chase collapsed on one of the stools, feeling emotionally drained. He had hated doing that to Sam and knew he had taken a huge risk as far as their relationship was concerned. But in the short time he had known her, he could tell that she was harboring deep and painful feelings that had to be let out before they got too much to handle. Chase just hoped that he could get Sam to talk to him again.

Chapter 12

Sam ran down to the stables. She was absolutely furious with Chase for saying what he did. He had no right. Not worrying about a saddle or bridal, Sam jumped on Warriors back and galloped away from the house. Tearing through the paddocks, Sam let all of the sadness and anger wash over her. She knew she was pushing Warrior too fast, but at that point she didn't care. She needed to go fast, needed to escape. Sam didn't know where they were going. She wasn't really even paying attention, but soon Warrior slowed down and Sam focused again to find herself at the oak tree.

Sitting down under the branches, Sam put her head on her knees and cried. She hadn't cried since she was 8 years old, having had to toughen up to survive, but the dam had finally burst its banks and Sam couldn't hold back the tears. When she had calmed down, Sam began to think about what Chase had said to her about her parents. Thinking back to all the preparations for the gallery, Sam wondered why she had really chosen everything that she had. Chase was right, nothing she had chosen would have been her choice, regardless of the scholarship. He was right. Sam had been doing it to get her parents attention. Even though she scorned everything they were about, they were still her parents, and inside, Sam ached for their love and approval.

After two hours of thinking, Sam realised what she had to do. When Sam got back to the house, she went up to the tower and started to write out a special invitation. Chase had seen Sam come back. He had been looking out for her, getting worried when she had been gone so long, but decided to leave her alone for the time being. When he heard her come down stairs again after so short a time, Chase decided to follow her to see what she was doing.

Sam was on the way to the drawing room, knowing her parents would be there before dinner when she saw them both in the hall, dressed to go out. Taking a deep breath, Sam stiffened her spine and walked up to them. Parker saw her coming just as he was about to open the door. "What do you want?"

"I...um...I just wanted to give you this." Sam thrust the invitation in Emily's hands.

"What is it?" Parker looked at it disdainfully.

"It's an invitation. To the gallery opening I've been organising. I'd really like you to be there." As Emily and Parker read the invitation, Chase had hidden himself on the stairs. He couldn't believe what he had said had actually got through to Sam. He was sure that now, Sam and her parents would be able to slowly start to work things out.

"We can't go I'm afraid. I'm playing cards at my club and I'm sure your mother has something better to do." Chase watched at the colour drained from Sam's face.

"Your right dear, I'm sure I do. If not, I'm sure I can find something quickly," Emily answered. "I honestly don't know why you would think we would actually want to go. We must go Parker dear or we'll be late."

"Quite right dear, quite right." And with that both parker and Emily walked out the door, leaving Sam standing alone in the hall. Chase couldn't believe what he had just seen. He had never felt true hatred for another human being until now. Just as he was standing up to see if Sam was alright, he watched her slowly collapse to the floor.

"Shit." Chase raced down the stairs, nearly tripping over them in his haste to get to Sam. Running across the hall, Chase slid to a stop and gathered Sam up in his arms. Sam clung to him, balling her eyes out. Her parents refusal to come to the opening was the last rejection Sam could take and she had simply broken down. "Hey, shh, it's okay baby, I'm here." Chase slowly rocked Sam in his arms, trying to calm her down. When Sam had calmed down enough, Chase picked her up and carried her up the stairs to her bedroom.

Laying her on her bed, Chase climbed up next to her. Laying down, Chase pulled her into his arms again, slowly rocking her. They stayed like this for almost an hour, until Chase thought Sam had finally gone to sleep. As he started to get off the bed, Sam clung to his shirt. "Please don't leave me. I don't want to be alone. Please stay."

"It's ok sweetheart, I'm not going anywhere. Why don't we get you changed into your pyjamas. You'll be more comfortable."

Sam looked at Chase, sniffling. "Okay."

Helping Sam into her pajamas, which was just a button up men's shirt, was much harder than Chase anticipated. Although he wouldn't do anything to take advantage of her tonight, he couldn't help but look at her long legs and round, pert breasts as he helped her to take off her clothes and change into new ones.

When Sam was dressed and tucked up in bed, Chase pulled off his socks, shoes and his shirt and crawled into bed besides Sam. As he pulled her into his arms, she turned around so she was facing him. Looking up into his eyes, she said three little words that Chase would never forget. "Chase. Kiss me."

"What?"

"I want you to kiss me." Chase moaned. Why did she have to ask now, at the one time when he couldn't.

"Go to sleep baby. You're tired."

"Please Chase. Kiss me. Just one kiss. Then I'll leave you alone. I...I just need to pretend that someone cares for me. Just this once"

"You shouldn't need me to kiss you to know that I care." Chase was looking down at Sam, lightly stroking her hair. He was fighting so hard with himself. He ached to kiss her, but he had sworn that he wouldn't take advantage of her while she was so vulnerable. Sam was making his choice very difficult though.

Sam looked up at Chase and cupped his face with her hand. Looking into his eyes, she slowly raised herself up towards his lips. "Please." Chase couldn't pull away, mesmerized by her eyes. As their lips met, both Chase and Sam felt a shiver run down their spines. Chase had intended to make the kiss short and sweet, but the moment Sam's lips met his, he grabbed the back of her head and deepened the kiss.

Sam was swept away by the power of Chase's kiss. She had never been kissed before, so was not prepared for the passion that came from his mouth. Feeling Chases tongue on her lips, Sam instinctively opened her mouth to allow Chase entrance. Feeling his tongue on hers caused Sam to moan low in her throat. Hearing this bought Chase back to what he was doing and he reigned his passion under control. He knew he had to go slow. He didn't want to scare Sam away. Slowing down, Chase pulled his head away from Sam and looked into her eyes. They were full of lust and passion and Chase had to force himself from kissing her again. "Go to sleep sweetheart. I promise I'll be here in the morning."

"Thank you," Sam mumbled as she fell asleep. Chase knew she wasn't thanking him for staying with her.

12