All Comments on 'Starting Over Ch. 02'

by deadeye_76

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Rawmaster50Rawmaster50about 10 years ago
I believe another chapter is in order

Very good but I have a few problems you could correct soon. Find a book or have an editor who knows about firearms/pistols. The Glock 19 like all glocks does not have a safety as such, meaning one you can 'click' on or off. The safety of the glock is built into the trigger and is activated by correct grip and trigger pull. neither does the Glock have a hammer as Glocks are all striker fired handguns. As a firearms enthusiast (gun nut) I get bothered by errors like this. Okay the drug gang seemed a little too restrained for my taste, but I could be wrong as the only drug gang people I am familiar with were the ones I guarded in prison.

He definitely needs to get more of Mary and should include young dancers to his menu, but he is who he is so I will let that go, for now. I am enjoying the story so far and hope for much more from John and his new job. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Glocks Don't Have Safeties.

This is a good read except the Glock safety part. A lot of writers here have an affinity for Glocks (so do I)but they don't have a thumb safety that is switched on and off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Yeah about the Glock

No safety and no hammer, it's called "striker fired" for a reason. Your actions comments would have worked perfectly for the Berretta pistol carried by our line troops.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Oh damn, too late to beat you up about Glock features. Pretty good story so far, looking forward to the next chapter.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Nice Chapter

Nothing like hanging us over a cliff.... He could die you know...

The fact that know nothing about guns is an advantage in enjoying a story.

Now, he has six potentials on line. I think that her room-mate hit him..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Not a gun expert

I am not a gun expert, so I can't comment on the Glock description. However, like the other comments, I am enjoying the story so far, but have an issue that is bugging me. In your description of the characters, Marie Jackson can not be John's widow. If she was, that would mean she is alive and John is dead. A correct description would be John's recently deceased wife. Looking forward to the next installment.

Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
A great story so far...

I'm enjoying your story so far and looking forward to reading the rest. Thank you for sharing.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 10 years ago
Good story!

Thanks for sharing, but ... you ought to learn about the handgun you're writing about - the description of the Glock was way off!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Can't wait

Good start

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdeadeye_76@deadeye_76
You can ask me anything... I don't have to answer, but I usually will. I love the stories and the exchanges on here. Any suggestions to my stories are welcome. I'll listen to anything, even dribble since the delete button is so handy. I'm in my 60s now, stay in shape with biki...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories