Stay At Home Dad

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

One day Cara came home from work and told me that there was a stage play she wanted to see. She asked Mary if she and Robert would like to go with us and Mary declined. After some prodding, Mary told Cara that Robert didn't like me, and didn't care to go out with us. I guess Mary told Cara about me hitting Robert in the parking lot. I wondered how he told the story, since the candy ass never even put up a fight.

Cara was pissed at me. She told me maybe she ought to just go to the play with Mary and Robert and leave the cave man at home, meaning me.

"Go the fuck with them, if that's what you want. I don't want to see the fucking play anyway. Hey! I have an idea, ask your boss Ray to go with you. I'm sure Robert would approve of him, since they both want in your pants."

I have a tendency to watch people and when we were out to dinner I remember Robert staring a lot at Cara. Maybe she dated him before we met; we never talked about our past dating habits, which was a good thing. I fucked most any woman that walked. My motto was always, ‘If they could get it hard, I could use it.'

Cara was now pissed at me too. "Maybe I'll just do that," she replied as she walked in the room to see the kids.

Neither of us apologized, and on Saturday she was getting ready to go to the play. I did want to ask her who all was going but didn't want to start anything. It was only two days since our argument and we were barely speaking.

I called to the boys, "Come on, guys, let's go to McDonald's for dinner." I didn't even say goodbye to Cara.

"What about mommy, Daddy? Isn't she going with us?"

"No, she has a date with friends. Maybe you can see her tomorrow after you get up. I'm sure she will be out late tonight."

Cara looked at me. I did it; I probably asked for it, "You bastard, you have no reason to talk at me this way. It was you who didn't want to go to the play. As far as coming home late, maybe I won't come home at all."

Cara called our sons to her. "Jimmy, Jerry, mommy's going to a play with friends tonight. It's not a play for kids, which is why daddy is watching you. I'll see you tomorrow and we can go to the park, okay?"

"Can daddy come to the park with us mommy?" asked Jimmy.

"It's up to daddy whether he wants to go. We'll see you in the morning. Just remember mommy loves you. Now, go run along with daddy and have fun at McDonald's." She kissed them both and went back to getting ready.

I really felt lousy. We never argued very often but when we did, it was always like this. My damn temper and jealousy, and her not giving an inch. Not much I could do now but hope it was just an argument and that Cara would get over it.

The kids had fun playing at McDonald's. I got them each a kid's meal and they liked the toy inside more than the meal. They played in the game room and I watched the people. Some nice looking women came in here with their kids. I was watching a few of them and I could tell they were watching me. Probably thought I was a divorced dad taking his kids out to eat. Hell, who knows, it could happen. God, what was I thinking? My mind was working overtime; I didn't like my own thoughts. I do know that if she ever cheated on me, I'd kill the mother-fucker and divorce her.

After the kids played for about an hour, we rode over to the airport and watch the planes taking off and coming in. The boys loved it, "Look Daddy, here comes a big one, see it, see it, do you see it, dad?" They would keep asking me that every time there was a plane, which is a lot if you're at the airport.

It was beginning to get dark when we got home. I gave them their baths and then put them to bed. They looked like two little angels lying there. They really were pretty good boys; they minded better than I ever did as a kid. God, I loved them and really enjoyed being around them. It was just Cara that I missed being around, ever since Ray was back in town. Meeting after meeting, time away from our family - I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all.

I laid on the couch and watched whatever was on the station the TV was set on. It looked like the kids' cartoon channel. I just wanted the noise. About midnight I heard a car pull into the garage. I heard Cara get out and come in to see me. I pretended I was asleep so she wouldn't bother me. I didn't want to deal with it right now. I watched her to go check on the boys and then she went and took off her dress off. She must have decided to take a shower. She still had on her bra, panties and pantyhose. She put them in the clothes hamper in the bathroom, took her shower and retired to bed.

I waited about an hour before getting up. I had to pee, but wanted to make sure she was asleep. After pissing, I went to the clothes hamper. I have never distrusted her in my life but now I checked her panties, bra, and pantyhose. I couldn't help myself; I had to see if there was anything out of kilter. Her panties were slightly damp in the crotch but that was probably sweating because of the pantyhose. I could smell her scent but it wasn't like you smell after an orgasm. No cum stains or anything out of the ordinary. Hopefully nothing happened.

I went back and slept on the couch. I was first up in the morning and saw the program from the play setting on the counter. It looked like she went to the play, but with whom? I wasn't going to ask her; I was going to let her tell me. The boys were up and about and wanted pancakes for breakfast. As I was making the pancakes the boys went and jumped in bed with their mother. I could hear them telling her about the prize they got in their kids' meal, and what they played on. I then heard her ask them what daddy did while they played.

"He just watched us mommy."

"Did he sit with anyone?"

"No, Mommy, he sat in the kids' room and watched us play."

What the hell was that all about? She goes out and she distrusts me, damn her. Maybe I'll give her a reason. She could take the boys to the playground on her own.

The boys came in the kitchen and were eating their pancakes. Cara came in and tried to talk nice to me but I didn't return the niceness. She ate two pancakes and sat and talked to the boys. Before she had a chance to ask me if I was going to the park, I told her I had plans for today. She would have to spend time with her kids without me being there.

"Where are you going?" she asked me.

"Plans, I have plans. I'm going to meet friends. I need to get away on my own," I replied.

I could tell she was pissed. She did the same thing to me the night before, piss on her. I wasn't her fucking doormat. I went and put on a nice shirt and a pair of slacks. I told the boys to enjoy the park with their mother and left the house. I didn't have anywhere to go. I was just getting even. How fucking stupid can you get. Our marriage was now a walking time-bomb with neither of us stopping it. Both of us were too hard-headed to put an end to this stupidity. I sat at the airport for about an hour. When I thought that they would be gone to the park I went home. I wasn't there five minutes when the phone rang. It was Mary, she wanted to apologize for not going to the play.

"You didn't go to the play, Mary?" I inquired.

"No, that's why I want to apologize to Cara. I was stupid and foolish. Please have her call me when she gets home, will you, John?"

"I sure will. Thanks for calling," I replied.

Now I was mad. If she didn't go with Mary and fucking Robert, who did she go with? Probably, fucking Ray! Damn, I was angry, I couldn't even think straight. The bars were open so I thought I would go tie one on. It was something I haven't done in years. I went to the local watering hole where an old friend Julie worked. Actually she owned the place. She was a good fifteen years older than me but was a friend I could talk too.

"Hey, John, funny seeing you here. I haven't seen you without the little lady attached to your arm for months. What can I get you?"

"Give me about three double whiskeys to start and three beer chasers, please, Julie."

"Going to tie-one-on, old friend? Need someone to talk to?"

"Not right now, Julie, maybe later. Right now I'm just going to get plastered. Is my credit good in case I run out of money, Julie?"

"Your credit is always good here, John. Need anything, just ask."

The place was nearly empty. A few early drunks and a bar fly. She was an older woman who would probably do anything for a drink. Hell, maybe I'd just fuck her.

I drank and drank till I got soused. The bar fly, hell, didn't even know her name, came over when I was three sheets to the wind and sat down next to me in my booth. I waved to Julie to bring the broad a drink. The broad thanked me and drank it straight down and asked me if I wanted company. She put her hand on my soft cock which was lying pretty dead right then and I wasn't far from passing out.

Julie came over and told the broad to fuck off. She told her I was a friend of hers and was married. Julie told her to get the fuck out and leave her customers alone.

With slurred speech, I told Julie she chased her customer away. She didn't need to do that.

"Hell, John, the fucking broad will be back tomorrow. You remember her, old Margaret. Hell, you probably fucked her seven or eight years ago," laughed Julie.

"I'd have fucked her now if you wouldn't have chased her away," I replied."

"John, you couldn't get it up now if your life depended on it. I called you a ride. Try and stay awake long enough till it comes if you can."

I was pretty much out of it. I looked at the door and in came Cara. Julie had called her to come and pick me up. Between the two women they helped put me in the car. My two sons were laughing at me from the back seat. I heard Cara thank Julie for calling her. Cara told her we would come after the car in the morning. I passed out and Julie let me sleep it off in the car with the garage door down. It was completely dark outside when I woke up. My God, it was three thirty in the morning. I staggered into the house and into the bathroom. I took a piss and was close to throwing up. Luckily, I didn't make the mess. I went back and laid down on the couch and went back to sleep.

Next thing I knew, Cara woke me and said we had to talk, that things were getting out of hand. She had an all day meeting today and tomorrow but we needed to talk the first chance we got. She told me that she talked to our neighbor who would take me to get the van. He would be over at ten. She said she was running late and had to leave. After a light kiss on my cheek she told me she loved me and headed out the door.

I got up and made a pot of coffee and waited for the boys to wake up. I hardly remembered what all happened the day before but remembered Mary's call. She and Robert didn't go to the play.

I had a hell of a headache and took a couple of Ibuprofen hoping to dull the thumping. I gave the boys cereal and got them dressed. I dressed myself and waited for the neighbor. We all got in his van as he took us to get our van. I told him thanks and was sorry for any inconvenience I caused him.

"No problem, John, I tied on a few in my younger days," he replied."

I buckled up the boys and we headed out. I found myself driving to Cara's office. I took the boys up to her office with me. This is the first time they had ever seen the inside of their mom's office.

I went to see her secretary and was told that Cara was out of the office for the day. I asked to see Ray and was told he was out of the office also.

"Where the hell are they? I'm her husband."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Poole. They're at a company meeting at the Holiday Inn," she said.

I was about to leave when Dan came up to me.

"John, how are you?" he asked.

"Not the greatest, Dan. I came to see my wife and find out she's not here. She's at the Holiday Inn with that damn prick, Ray."

He was stunned by my statement and asked me to come into his office. The boys sat out in the hall while I talked to Dan.

"What's this all about, John? Is Ray making improper advances toward Cara? It's hard to believe. This is the first I've heard about it," he said.

"I'm not sure what's going on but that's why I came here, to find out."

"John, they are at a meeting at the Holiday Inn. I know that for a fact. They'll be there again tomorrow. Don't do anything that you will regret till I get back to you."

"Thanks, Dan, you've always been a friend, I might add."

He went out and talked to the boys for a few minutes. He really was a decent guy. He and Emma made a good couple. It was good he found a position with this company.

The boys and I left and I drove by the Holiday Inn. I saw Cara's and Ray's cars parked side by side in the lot. It just hit me the wrong way as I headed home. When we went in the answering machine was blinking. It was a message from Cara.

"John, sorry, honey, but this meeting is going to last longer than we planned. Go ahead and start dinner without me. I'll talk to you when I get home. Kiss the boys for me. Love you."

What was I to think? She never told me this meeting was being held at a motel. I wasn't going to be here when she gets home. I took the boys and headed over to my mom's house. I left Cara a note and told her maybe we would see her tomorrow. We were staying at my mom's tonight. I just signed it John. No love John; I didn't know how I felt at this moment. Nothing seemed right. Tomorrow I was going to the Holiday Inn myself and put an end to all this shit.

Chapter 3

About nine that night mom's phone rang. I knew it was Cara. She must have just gotten home. I told mom to answer it and tell Cara that the boys were already in bed and I wasn't in the mood to talk. I would see her tomorrow. I could hear mom saying it was no use, that I was too bullheaded. My mom liked Cara, unlike how Cara's parents felt about me. Mom ended by telling her she would take care of things and that I would see her tomorrow.

My mother spoke to me, "John, there is something wrong here. You and Cara need to talk and get this worked out. She was crying when we hung up. I don't care what you think, Cara loves you and you need to get that head of yours on straight."

There is no use arguing with mom. She's probably where I got this bull headed gene from anyway. I went over to the couch and tried to sleep. I was getting pretty used to sleeping on couches.

I got up the next morning trying to figure out what I was going to do. So much circumstantial shit, but it adds up. I had to face Cara today. I decided to go to the Holiday Inn and find out the facts for myself. I asked mom to watch the boys for me so I could go talk to Cara. Mom was glad to see that I was at least giving Cara a chance to explain.

I headed over to the Holiday Inn. I first looked for their cars. I saw their cars in the side parking lot. I walked through the side entrance and saw a sign posted where the meeting was being held. The doors were open so I could hear what was going on. There were about ten people seated around an oval table. I glanced in but no one saw me. Cara was seated next to Ray, the bastard. I listened outside the door when the person speaking said that they would adjourn for an hour for lunch and then meet up to finish their work. They should be done early today.

I quickly went out to the van and waited for everyone to leave. They were staying there for lunch but I saw Cara and Ray come out the side door. I rolled down my window to listen to what they were saying.

"What do you want, Ray? I don't want to be out here with you. Someone might take it the wrong way and I have enough problems at home already," spoke Cara.

"Is little home daddy missing you. Does he think you have a lover?" Ray asked.

"Stop it, Ray. What you and I had or more like never had was six years ago, before I met John. When are you going to get it through your head that I want nothing to do with you? Why are you making it so hard to get along? Don't you get it, I don't want you. I want my husband, John."

"Come on, Cara, what does he have that I don't? Besides, he's a home daddy; you're the bread winner. When are you going to want a real man like me and dump his candy ass?"

"John's twice - no ten times - the man you can ever hope to be. You're lucky I don't tell him how you've been pestering me. He'd kick your ass into next week. Now leave me alone."

"You think I'm afraid of the house boy. Come here; let me feel your tit again."

He raised his hand to grab her tit when she hauled back to slap him. He reached up and grabbed her arm.

"Come on, Cara, is that all the fight you have in you?"

I jumped out of the van and was on his ass in three seconds. I saw his mouth drop open and Cara say, "John, what are you doing here?"

"Doing what I should have done months ago," I replied.

I hit him as hard as I could in the stomach, then a right that caught the left side of his face. Then, back and forth, right, left, right, left, I kept hitting the son-of-a-bitch. Somewhere along the line I must have broken his nose. I know I went back to the body shots. He never got off one swing. He kept using his arms to try and protect himself. I heard Cara behind me crying and yelling, "Stop, John, please stop, you're killing him."

As he fell to the pavement two squad cars pulled up and the officers told me to lie on the ground. I guess I didn't get down fast enough as they screamed at me again. "Lie on the ground, arms to your sides, spread your legs now."

An officer put a knee in the middle of my back and took my hands and cuffed them behind my back. Then, two officers stood me up.

I told them, "Officer, my hands hurt. I can hardly feel them."

They took me to the squad car as an ambulance pulled up and the paramedics went to Ray and were working on him. The officer told one of the paramedics to come and look at my hands. He told him they were swelling and covered in blood. I didn't know if it was mine or Ray's.

The paramedic was a black guy named Jim. He was a decent sort. He asked the officer if he would remove the cuffs but the officer refused saying he couldn't trust me uncuffed.

"Aye, Man, I'm Jim. What's your name?"

"The name's John. My hands hurt like hell, Jim. Is anything broken?"

"You think your hands look bad, you should see the number you did on that guy over there. Man, John, you beat him pretty bad. You're lucky all your fingers aren't broke. What the hell happened, man? What did the sucker do to deserve a beating like that? You don't seem like a bad sort."

"He put the moves on my wife, and when he grabbed her I snapped. I can't let that mother-fucker mess with my wife, even if he is her boss."

"John, you're in a heap of shit here man. He told the officer he wanted you to be charged with assault to commit murder."

"I didn't plan on killing him, but I might have overdone it a tad. What about my hands, Jim?

"You broke a couple of blood vessels and they're swollen pretty bad but nothing broken. You must have hit the hard part of his skull or a belt buckle or something. I'm putting a bandage on them but when they take you to the holding cell I'm telling them to give you an ice pack or let you soak them to get the swelling down."

"Thanks, Jim, you're alright in my book."

"I'm glad of that after the number you did on that guy. Good luck to you, John, and for what it's worth, if he did what you said, he deserved it."

I was put in the squad car and taken to a holding cell. I looked back and they were putting Ray in the ambulance and Cara was sitting in a squad car. They were taking her statement.

Cara tells her story:

I'm sitting here scared to death. I'm about to talk to the board of directors and tell them what happened yesterday. They want to know why my husband beat up my boss, Ray.

Let me go back to the beginning, even before I met John. I'll try not repeating everything you already know. As you already know, I met John at the New Year's party. Before that I had dated Ray, on and off for a few months. Even before that, I was a popular girl. My family had money, not the real ritzy ones but we were well off. I went to the best schools, wore the newest styles of clothes. I hung with the rich kids or what we say is the kids that came from money. Not all of them were bad kids; most were pretty normal. It's just that we got what we wanted.