Stolen Magic Bk. 01 Taken Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been far to pleasant losing himself into her force, which told Slater her powers could be quite dangerous if she learned how to use them. Lifting her and setting her aside Slater locked himself down, determined to make certain the ability remain the raw tendril it was now. If she tapped into it, knowingly, she would be useless to both his brother and the needs of the kingdom. There was no way he would be the cause.

"You are very sweet, and tempting my dear." he said, tone intentionally gruff. "But I think you would regret losing your virtue in the dirt. Perhaps you should not offer it out so easily?"

Gabriella looked up at him, missing his meaning for a moment. It finally hit her. The sweet kisses, the soft treatment. It was all another ploy, one far crueler then his rough treatment. Her ignorance had told him he could have her. His servant had reminded him he must not.

All she could think of was that he was one arrogant bastard. Convincing herself allowing his kisses had been nothing but a way to spare herself more pain Gabriella rose to her feet.

"You're pretty slow, aren't you Slater." she smirked at the way he bristled under the informal address. "I'm not stupid. I knew if you thought you'd get something by being nice you would take your time. Time meant giving Heim another chance to interrupt." tossing her head she let out an airy laugh. "It's reassuring to know you are all pathetically predictable."

"You snarky little bitch!" Slater took a step towards her. Gabriella slipped behind Heim, fingering the pendant resting between her breast.

"A bitch of value. Isn't that right Slater?"

"You'd best feel fortunate that is so Gabriella. If it was not I would fuck you against that tree now." Slater stepped forward, half inclined to do so anyway.

Heim pressed a hand against his chest. "My Lord, with your permission I will return the girl to the camp. Some tents were saved..."

Gabriella smiled, turning her back on them both. Slater might not like it but he couldn't...

Abruptly Gabriella's vision blurred. She stumbled, falling to her knees. Forgetting his rage Slater rushed to her side, lifting her in his arms. "Gabriella?"

Gabriella let out a weak laugh. "I told you I was dying."

Slater shook his head in exasperation, pressing his lips to her forehead. There was no mistaking her fever now. "Do you know if she was in contact with the unawakened who are ill Heim?"

Heim nodded. 'Yes. She saved one of the girls. No one thought it would spread."

Silence his only response Slater headed back towards the makeshift camp. He knew his brother would be angry if anything happened to the girl but right now he couldn't care less. Right now it was his own feelings that drove him. He didn't want the girl's words to hold any truth. He didn't want her to die.

And he cursed the fact that he wasn't sure the feelings were his own, or those she was growing the power to impart.

***

12