All Comments on 'Stranger is the Sail Ch. 01'

by SirThopas

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
can you pile manure any higher

right is right, wrong is wrong, and if the girl is that shallow brained let her go to Victor now and cut her out of the family forever. All people has choices to make, she made a choice to destrong her marriage, and almost made the choice to kill her husband. What she really needs is a piston in the mouth and strength to pull the trigger. Women look at men, whether they realize it or not, looking for a suitable man to father children. She has chosen against her husband, what is commonly called a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Good story, waiting for more. Have to say that I hope Adrian does not lose his memory, it would make for a more interesting story line I think. Memory loss would be an easy way out.

As another posted comment about wrong being wrong, Yes it is but we humans have a wya of rationalizing it.

We vote for crooked polticians because they brings home the bacon to our district or simply belings to the"righh party" so we rationalize their sins.

Parents will also rationalize the wrongs of their children, just ask any school teacher.

I think more than rationalization though is that Amanda and Bill are not going to let the wrongs commited get in the way of taking care of business which means takingn care of Adrian.

I am going to forecast that Laura is going to rationalize leaving Adrian and Bill is not going to be so forgiving of that act.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wordsmith

Outstanding work, always glad to see a submission from this author - looking forward to the next chap. Not everyone can appreciate these literary skills but for those of us who can it is quite a treat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

This is going to be a good one.

rjordanrjordanalmost 13 years ago
Simply outstanding

The truly dark "Mad Dog and the Dream" is still my favorite, but this one is shaping up to be second in line. Your characters are brilliantly formed and your prose often reads more like poetry.

What the hell are you doing writing for Literotica? I hope you never stop.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 13 years ago
Cromer

I don't know what to say?

I've got to read itvagain, but not right away. Wow!o

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
He's writing for literotica because he's able to refine....

...this particular literary style here and not many other places can handle multiple train of thought povs. It's a tough sell from a readers standpoint but works here better than in Mad dog etc. There is much more clarity to the plot line here and that is why this device can score here. Great job with the writing. I hope events put the lie to Bill's wife's words about understanding women and the nature of what MAY eventually tear them apart. It of course in real life could go either way, but either way it will intensify the relationship and this was a great start or fine as a complete story. Quite a fait accompli.

ohioohioalmost 13 years ago
All I can say is ...

wow, what a beginning. Powerful and totally gripping, and very very sad. Impossible to see forward to any sort of ending that's not deeply dark.

The idea of telling about an adulterous affair in voices other than those of the husband, the wife, or the lover is original and really compelling, at least when it's as well done as this.

Thanks, ohio

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Extremely Beautiful Writing

The characters and the insights are overpowering!

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 13 years ago
Oh! What a tangled web......

Sir T,

Deep and involved What great conflict. We will wait for more.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
Poor Bill...surrounded by bitches....

Adrian is the lucky one because he is in a coma. No wonder that Laura is a cheating, selfish slut because the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
LitEROTICA

And this is erotic, how?

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 13 years ago
Nice effort

The author can certainly turn a phrase. Dr. Phil would be proud of the descriptions given of how women and men supposedly feel about things. But in the end this is an episode, not a story. Yes, I know it is labeled Chapter 1, but it seems to wander a lot. Frankly, I am most interested in why it took over 4 hours for the helicopter to reach the hospital.

intermitreaderintermitreaderalmost 13 years ago
Emotions

Well put together emotional story line. Done with great feelings of inner thoughts of human nature coming to the fore. Like a good book one can not put down till the end.

zed0zed0almost 13 years ago
WTF???

Long and Lame. O M G!!! This is really only the first chapter??? Lady you are way too in love with your own prosaic prose, I find your literary masturbation's banal and boring. Just because you want to write a novella does not mean writing pages and pages of slow snail like meanderings. Just put the poor bastard to rest now, and don't spend another twenty pages cutting his balls off.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 13 years ago
Oh my

What a well written story, sparse, but powerful and emotional. A story is just words, but these were well chosen and very descriptive, not too many of them, but a story well told nonetheless. Solid Midwestern parents, salt of the earth and a daughter who will ultimately disappoint them for the rest of their lives.

I rarely give five stars, but this one was worth every one.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
Wow.

Dark. Perhaps even ugly. But this chapter is portending one heck of a good story! Uncommon writing style, but functional, in this case. Looking for ch.02.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Nice

Probably the best writer on this site.

I normally agree one hundred percent with zed0 below, but not this time.

I envy the author's ability to not only be daring enough to write this story in the disjointed fashion he chose, but to do it so well too.

I enjoy erotic stories, but I mainly enjoy actual stories too!

demantoiddemantoidalmost 13 years ago
good start

Seems like the beginning of an interesting saga. I look forward to the next installments.

IrfonIrfonalmost 13 years ago
You have it right...

...about womens thoughts about carrying the guilt,and having to look after him for the rest of his life,and the slow but steady transference of blame from her lover to her husband,and excluding her entirely.

Well written,the self justification to leave her husband was a stroke of genius....and very thought provoking.

Thank you.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
Well thought out, crafted and set before us

in all it's terrible gory mess.

Ch 2 is likely to be incredible.

Thank you.

oddonexoddonexalmost 13 years ago
The Family Tree of Infidelity

Usually the viewpoint of stories is from the two main combatants. You have gone so much farther. You are showing how something between two can affect many. Not just close family. Please continue to entertain.

Just_Simply_MeJust_Simply_Mealmost 13 years ago
A Superb Piece That is Extremely Well Crafted In A Unique Style That is Gripping!

Sir T you have a unique manner of telling this tale through the eyes of others who are indirectly affected by the various events you impart. Switching the telling of the story between the various male and female story tellers has been extremely well done and shows your unique grasp of the different psychological mechanism each gender uses to perceive issues and conflicts, how they each grapple with them, and how each attempts to resolve and give new meaning to them. For a writer on this site this a quite special talent and you have to this point done it masterfully beginning this tale that proves to be one that many here will enjoy and follow closely. You leave your readers in a high level of suspense with no clue as to the future nor as to what it holds. Well Done!

This all speaks highly of your talent and skill as a gifted writer. Thank you in advance for sharing this piece here with us. I truly look forward to further chapters in this tale as well as reading other submissions you have shared in this site.

Take care!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
GREAT WRTING ... GREAT STORY... GREAT CHARACTERS

WOW.. this is really REALLY good. The ONLY thing that sort of bothers me is this sort of subtle male bashing.

sure Men are more goal oriented and more Purpose driven and linear. There is no denying that.

Towerds the end of the story the author has the Mother seem to be saying wanting to fuck 2 men is ome how "advanced" human development....

DeckviewDeckviewalmost 13 years ago
All the gory mess of several lives so beautifully written..

Wow, what a story.... dark and getting darker!

literot63literot63almost 13 years ago
Incredible

Really a superb piece of writing. I enjoyed this more than anything I've read in LW for quite a while. Thanks.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 12 years ago
Somehow I missed this author

Maybe because you don't often write LW stories? Really excellent writing! I am a hack, compared to you. What character development, and plot. WOW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Brilliant!

This is so good. The author is able to tell the story from so many POV. I don't think I've ever seen it done so well. The different perspectives gives the story more depth. I suggest the authors of stories like emails and finding normal study it. Both of the stories fail because they only scratch the surface of the story and miss important perspectives that would make the story real. Great work! This site needs more writers like you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I love that anon

Feebleminded indeed! Far dumber than duna of course, but the same psychosis as that moron. Prattle on anon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Pile of garbage.

1*. DW Duna.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
One of many possible outcomes

Why the author chose the outcome he did is hard to fathom. His Amanda final paragraph explaining how the slut wife would act around her husband was very contrived and made to look as inevitable, which it definitely isn't. It is very rathional for the adulterous boat trip wife being caught by the serious accident of her husband to have no time at present (in the hospital) to address her own culpability in the sexual week long romp. It is also of note that she had nothing bad to say about her sex boat partner who in reality seduced a married woman for some fairly free sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Every lowlife primary school dropout in England is calling it self sir or lord !

The pompous arogance and use of low IQ result in this garbage. "1*" !!!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

Wonderfully written. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A dumb premise.

The moral structure of this story is a mess. The accident has nothing to do with the wife having an affair, so why is she assigned the guilt of the husband being hurt. Blame her for having the affair, blame her for not being upfront about wanting to trade up for a better lover, but don't blame her for the accident that she didn't cause. The husband is at fault because he didn't keep his mind on the road, not the wife. Not only did he got himself mangled, he endangered other people on road and costed another driver his job. The author's blame deflection and guilt plays are childish and disturbing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dear Anonymous

Dear Anonymous, you could be a character in this story. Clearly you are a man (as am I), and you are enamored of your own linear thinking. Are you a technologist? An engineer? An accountant perhaps? You're hostage to binary thinking; it's this or that, black or white, period! Guilt is real, maybe not logical, but paralyzingly real, and so is this story. THAT'S why you find it disturbing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
wel

like the story the people jumping realy does make it interesting

i just think you made one big mistake in this story it's not a womans way of think it is human way of thinking to avoid blame guild.

if laura were realy thinking that way it would just show you how inmature she realy is like the story suggests

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
This is masterful!

I love the way you bring us into the story through witnesses to the event; so that we discover what is happening as they do. It's a refreshing change from he said, she said; and lets us see the bigger picture of how Laura's selfishness has such a profound affect on so many others. I appreciate how you point out the differences between men and women's thought processes and though it may be unnecessary, because it looks like excuses are being made for Laura's actions due to her emotional nature as a woman; I'd like to point out that we may think more from the mind than the heart and vice versa, but the same goods and truths apply to both men and women. Laura has no excuse for her actions. She allowed Victor into her life where only Adrian should be. She listened to him, was tempted and then acted on her selfish desires. This, of course is how all evil comes into existence. She listened to her selfish desires, turned her back on what she knew was right, decided the hell with Adrian and did what she wanted. Let the chips fall where they may. Well, no one can accuse the evil of being smart; crafty and conniving maybe but certainly not wise. Hence, the mess she has created.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 8 years ago
Nothing

So far just sound and fury signifying nothing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. Still a favorite. Should be mandatory reading for all on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
momentary lapse of character???

The mother is defensively delusional to call what had to be a well thought out affair a momentary lapse.

What females do not understand in their condescending arrogance, is that men do understand the fundamental nature of females. Perhaps not all the subtleties but more importantly what is bred in their bones

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
I agree with the previous post

"Women in their arrogance" and the just about sums up their interrelationships with men. They are absolutely positive that we are stupid because we don't understand and condone what, for them, passes for logic and knowledge. Women seem to work around the truth as something that relates only to them and how they view the world. This is not a good thing or a bad thing. It is what it is. We know it and we learn to live with it or we don't because they can't be changed. This being drawn to something, usually a dick, beyond their control is so much bullshit, but we have allowed it and so it must be so. Of course this is just in LW land. In the real world, hopefully, women use their brains as well as their hormones. Good story so far, but I have to admit, I don't have any idea where it's going. Good job, that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sappy7 must be a retard

or have brain damage - just enjoy the quality writing you stupid closet-cuckold.

STFU - which means stop your nonsense you freakin idiot

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Pretty messed up situation.

Typical selfish bitch in this LW story. Looking forward to reading the next chapter. Lot's of heartache to spread around.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Don't know

Not familiar with your writing. Didn't particularly like this, but will give it a chance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Don't hate it

I know, as a man, I will lack many areas women have as a given.

But women can train their bone density, muscle mass, and logical brains.

So too can a man train in female heavy areas.

Men DO sometimes feel that 'special and equal pull' I have a stable and loving g/f. I have had younger, more fertile women hit on me. The pull is real across sex. Men just ....swallow the notion of loyalty and romance. Maybe it's biology, maybe it's conditioning....but we seem to be more immune to it. Or we don't make excuses like women do. Men usually, when caught, own up to being horny dogs. We don't give lengthy teary excuses. We don't redefine our history. Maybe men have stronger sense of self....more in control. We tend towards being disagreeable. That persona type leads towards individual exploration...good or bad.

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 4 years ago
sad story

Hope the poor guy never wakes up. Having to live a vegetable because of that assbag. He deserves to move on to the afterlife and hopefully a reward unlike her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

"You don't know what it means to want two completely different things with equal and unignorable pull. "

Sheesh...what a load......just means they're selfish and want it all like they're entitled. Life's all about choices, some good, some bad and some just inexcusable. Somebody put the poor husband out of his misery and pull the plug on the poor bastard.

Robby_DRobby_Dover 3 years ago

Great beginning to a powerful story. It has stirred up a lot of strong feelings in your readers. It will be a real challenge to resolve it in a way that feels good to the reader and still true to the story.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Good writing about a shitty human being.

I don't agree with the assessment about women in general.

I've known some very incredibly noble women who wouldn't cheat, but, if they had, wouldn't behave as this pathetic slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

the cunt and the stud are lucky that adrian doesnt have any kinfolk( brothers, cousins, military buds) who would be looking to avenge adrian by making the cunt and stud pay, bigly. and cunts the world over would still be thinkingn its all about them sorta like megan markle or whoever married prince harry(wimp). rk

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The paramour needs to be shot through the eye to make things right.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

One of the most well-written stories on this site.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

You've been gone for 10 years, but just in case you still look at comments: Your writing sings, of love and loss and beauty and sorrow and all the things that make up life.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

The sweeping generalizations in that last introspection by Amanda are simply astounding. Reducing all women to immature narcissists. Yeah, not too narcissistic all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Amazing literature. I'm in awe. Stellar. So real and so true. Sorry Angelrider that you are butt-hurt about the differences between men and women. Grow up and get your head out of your ass.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So women are incapable of reason, and don’t have agency? Then why are they allowed to make decisions for themselves? If they’re little children no matter how old they are, then they have no capacity to have a job, own property, vote, etc! The argument given by this story is basically that the worst fundamentalist muslim ideology is correct.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

X character says or do something, "so you think all x are like that, uh?

X character who is a single entity, with their own ideas, values, etc., that may or not be a reflexion of the author executes an action, in a fictional history, without this being a statement that lives outside of the history itself, "so you like to generalice women, hu?"

How the hell someone with first world education can fail so hard at reading?, how can you excuse being so dumb?

Dude, it's not that hard. SirThopaz didn't write that they were good or bad, just that the characters see and understand their world like that and that they are trying to fix something that goes well beyond what they can fix. In the end, their kid's a disgusting cheater and the guy they love like their own son is all fucked up. What else are they supposed to do?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

story flow was a little broken ... like not really smooth. story is good though.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

It was going so magnificently.

Then the story just stops.

It was great while it lasted.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

Interesting. Basically a stupid Bitch. Now she will just walk away from the damage SHE caused and blame it on someone else.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories