Summer's End Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chargergirl
chargergirl
984 Followers

In no hurry to return, Brandon and Emma took their time strolling along the shoreline. They laughed and talked, just being comfortable in each other's presence. Emma tried hard not to think of what would happen at the end of summer. She would miss her brother so much when he left for Chicago.

***

Emma was sitting with Scooter on the double swing in front of the fire when Adam approached her from behind. She jumped in surprise when a voice whispered right in her ear.

"Well, hey there, Emmie."

Emma's heart sank. She assumed Adam was skipping the get-together at the Reed cottage, when his parents had shown up without him. No such luck, it seemed. There had been a time when Emma would've given anything to have Adam in such close proximity. That was no longer the case.

Several days ago, when Brandon and Emma had first arrived to open up the cottage, Adam had invited Emma to go down to Silver Lake for the day. Emma, who had always liked Adam, had agreed, much to Brandon's chagrin. Brandon knew the kind of person Adam really was, and he'd been afraid Adam would only use Emma for his own pleasure, and then callously toss her aside as one more conquest.

It hadn't taken Emma long to realize that her brother was right about Adam.

Adam came around the swing and sat next to Emma. He quickly moved away when Scooter growled low in his throat and let out a loud warning hiss.

"What the hell is wrong with that cat?" Adam frowned at Emma.

"Nothing, he's just moody," Emma shrugged. She stroked Scooter's fur in an effort to soothe him.

"Kinda like his owner," Adam muttered.

"I heard that, Adam. I'm sitting right here." Emma rolled her eyes. "Why are you here, anyway?"

"My parents suggested I come for a while," he sighed.

Emma snorted. "Don't sound so thrilled."

"Well, it's not like you want me here."

"True."

Adam burst into laughter. "Jesus, Emma! You're breaking my heart."

Emma laughed in spite of herself. "Adam, there was a time I would have killed for your attention."

"But not anymore?"

Emma shook her head and smiled. "No."

"Is there someone else?" Adam suddenly realized he enjoyed talking to Emma. That was first for him, actually talking with a girl about real things. He kind of liked it.

Emma gave a reluctant nod. "Yeah. Yeah, there is, Adam."

Adam found himself to be genuinely pleased for her. "Anyone I know?"

Emma ducked her head. "Uh...yeah."

Adam sensed she was uncomfortable talking about it and so he let it drop.

Brandon came through the slider from the sleeping porch and pulled up short when he saw Emma and Adam talking on the swing. His heart began to pound. He warily approached, not wanting to interrupt, yet wanting to know what was going on. His curiosity got the better of him. He flopped down in a wooden Adirondack chair. "What's up?" He looked from one to the other.

Adam grinned at his friend. "Your little sis was just telling me she's met a guy."

Brandon watched as his sister turned ten shades of red. He gave her a reassuring smile. "That true, Em?"

Emma nodded and grinned at Brandon. "Yup. He's a hottie, too." She laughed and winked.

It was Brandon's turn to blush. He looked away and gazed out over the lake.

"Well, whoever he is, he's a lucky guy, Em." Adam stood. "Okay. I'm outta here. Tell your parents I said hi, and I'll be around tomorrow for a few hours before heading home."

"Hot date?" Brandon asked his friend.

Adam turned with a wicked grin. "Brenda Pierson got up here today."

"Fucking hell, Adam, I thought she kicked you in the balls last year?"

Adam shrugged. "They've healed." He turned and loped off.

Emma giggled and rolled her eyes. She looked over at Brandon. "He's really not so bad, when he's not trying to get in my pants."

Brandon stood and sat down next to her. "Yeah, he's an okay guy. Just don't be getting any ideas about him," he warned and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"You don't need to worry, Bran," Emma whispered and touched his cheek. "I love you."

From the porch Ruth watched the tender scene between her grandchildren with tears in her eyes. They looked so much like a young couple in love that it made her heart hurt. What had they done? It was an impossible situation, one that she knew would only end in heartache. She wanted to go to them, talk to them and try to help. She loved them so much; they were her life. But there was no use in doing so. Ruth knew Emma would come to her in time. Until then, she would wait it out. There was nothing else to be done.

To be continued...

chargergirl
chargergirl
984 Followers
12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
20 Comments
Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Boy Nanas instincts are spot on. So far a great 5 star story.

bigdaddyg123bigdaddyg123about 3 years ago

"Summer's End Ch. 03:" - Grandmother Ruth (Nana), the maternal mother of the sibling's (brother Brandon and sister Emma Reed) father, Bruce Reed now comes upon the scene as the logical, understanding confidant to the sibling's turmoil and woes that might happen when their parents find out about the romance and life commitment of their adolescent son and daughter, Brandon and Emma. Brandon's friend--and his sister Emma's rejected ex-boyfriend--Adam is the one that can make life a living hell for the sibling lovers! He's coy and appears to have covert evil intentions; he'll be the one that possibly "outs" Brandon and Emma's love for each other. There's suspense aplenty and I'm edgy as this fabulous story moves along. It's unique sequences and the basic subject matter of incest--along with the many characters--create lots of suspense, some beautiful and some yet unknown--makes for many scenarios that might cause havoc for our lovers! Let's hope their lives, with the possible assistance of Nana Ruth, are on the right side of luck and fate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Absolutely love it!!!

Sorry I didn’t comment on the first few chapters. I should have. I was just so engrossed in hurrying to the next one I didn’t think to stop and give it stars or a comment. Sorry about that. But it is one of the best stories, If not favorite, of all I’ve read. I love the characters. The building of their relationship and the feelings u can feel for them as their relationship grows. You’ve done an amazing job portraying their love. I can’t wait to read the rest!!!

wiresandwoodwiresandwoodover 15 years ago
Brilliant!

This is my favourite set of stories from you. I just cannot wait for the next installment! I love all of your work - your characterization and writing style are just perfect. Please keep it up!

oldwayneoldwayneover 15 years ago
It's a really good story.

I really like your story and your writing style. Your characters seem real and down to earth. I think your talent may be similar to Selena's and Jessy's, and believe me that is high praise. I look forward to seeing where this story goes and do so hope you will be able to add more chapters soon.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Colleen Out of the ashes, brother & sister find romance.in Incest/Taboo
Sister in Heat Ch. 01 His sister has a special request.in Incest/Taboo
Fooled into Bed with My Sister A prank accidentally goes too far.in Incest/Taboo
Worth It Connor falls in love with his sister over the holidays.in Incest/Taboo
Stolen Kisses Little sis revives childhood game to seduce him.in Incest/Taboo
More Stories