All Comments on 'Suspicion: Healing'

by fdkman262

Sort by:
  • 159 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

If she loved them both equally, there would be no affair.

While her lover knew about the situation the husband did not. She would have talked to her husband immediately. She had already chosen a man and it wasn't him.

Maybe she regrets some decisions. Maybe not. The only thing we know is her actions tell us she loves Karl way more. There was no marriage left to fight for. He made the right call.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

I think this is in the wrong category - should be romance. It's lacking in the emotional complexity of the primary story which is what this should be exploring - you just kind of dispense with Kathy early, and then the whole thing is then a courtship with Heidi - it moves slowly and awkwardly with the plastic dialogue between the MC and his kids. There's only so many pages of "hey dad it's great you're getting out there. Gee, thanks son" we can read with interest. Nothing much happens here, and the emotion is gone by page 3. Thanks for the efforts.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Nicely written. A fine Feel Good love story.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 2 months ago

I enjoyed this alternative version the most but would have liked brevity and more information on the true consequences suffered by Kathy and Karl for breaking up the family. Realistic consequences like the true cooling of relations with the kids, tension between lovers due to costs and guilt of being together, loss of friends, cooling of relations with co-workers, muted family celebrations with her parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, distrust from other wives, etc... or karma if you wanted them to suffer.

Heidi was a good character and the romance was nice. I like when the sweetness of the romance is about equal to the misery of the divorce.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove3 months ago

I am disappointed that we didn't see Kathy's marriage fail or at the very least, It needed some closure, as the story jumped too quickly to the new relationship with Heidi. It was a really good story though; bringing me laughs and tears. It is funny, I often like to talk with Rob after a good story and before he agrees, he looks at my face and if he detects any "eye moisture", then he passes...like he just did right now. <sigh>...men.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson4 months ago

The best of the sequels.

SNPHLoverSNPHLover5 months ago
Should be in Romance

Good ending to the original story but clearly not a Loving Wife story.

MasterKoteMasterKote6 months ago

I would think the ending is more like real life instead of btb which I usually prefer but divorce was the only route for him.

demanderdemander7 months ago

This guy was too good to be true. There had to be some real hatred in there somewhere. D

Anonymous1956Anonymous19568 months ago

There was no closure to this story. Kathy just becomes an afterthought . To vanilla, no BTB or anything. He just eventually finds someone else and moves on...3 Stars.

usaretusaret8 months ago

Very nicely completed. What a great ending to something that opened with so much pain.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Kathy barely registered in the story after 1.5 pages. Was a romance with Heidi. Well written and realistic. I liked thecelt's version until the ending, though unlike other commenters, I am not convinced he took Kathy back, just re-established friendly co parenting communications. So yeah we no sqaut about Kathy and Karl. She shows up to wish him well on his wedding day to Heidi and then just leaves forever. I did like the MC. He went the extra mile (don't think I could) and she still turned him down. Ultimately he then turned it against her and got custody of the kids. Kathy had serious mental issues. In thecelt's version we see it from her side and her slow descent into reality as she comes out of her obsessive fantasy. This was a romance with the Mc and Heidi.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

The wife betrays him, has a 6 month affair, chooses her lover over him and the children and his response is: "I still loved Kathy and I didn't want her to be unhappy with her decision. She'd left me for her fantasy life and as strange as this may seem I wanted her fantasy to come true." I call bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Seven pages and Kathy role is to stop by and say good luck? Not a loving wife story, but a romance and not a very good one..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is well written but is not what it was advertised to be. Kathy, while central to the original story, becomes merely a footnote in this sequel. That makes no sense. In reality, this is NOT a sequel. This is a romance story based on characters created by another author.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

I think I liked this more the second time and I liked it a lot the first time. Reading it again, the first marriage was never going to last. She said she wanted them both, but he was going to be second best until she left him. He just accelerated the end and good for him.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Did anyone else hear the choir invisible singing in the background as Saint Paul reacted with stoic amicability in his interactions with the delusional Kathy, one of the many reasons why this is a fantasy site. Not even the male equivalent of Mother Teresa would have behaved with such magnanimity towards the cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The ex wife is not a nice person ahe is selfish and they away her family...how is that nice

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

Sorry, way too vanilla to be a credible follow-on to the original author's part one. Didn't rate it because I don't give less than 4 stars and this didn't make that threshold, in my opinion...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kathy's ambush on their wedding day was the intrusive, narcissistic move of a truly entitled bitch. What a cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Screw Kathy- she deserved revenge - six months lying and cheating… husbands need more backbone!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, this was unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Huh???

In first part it talks about alienation of affection allowed in that state and he was going to file. Then simply dropped??

Kids didn't want to see her anymore and MC talked them into it. Just the person I would trust with kids. Threw 18 year marriage away for boyfriend she had not seen in 20 years and didn't tell you. Simply cuckolded you. Definitely a good role model. For wimpy cuckold!!

Get real. Don't want to be near either. Shit might be catching

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed it, it was certainly a nice enough story. Problem was, it wasn’t really connected to the original story with Kathy and Karl and Evelyn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

My ending!!!

He marked my wife being the alpha and me the beta!

My ass.

Didn't get drunk didn't dither around.

Attorney instructions adultery and very limited visitations(as terrible role model) alienation of affection against him. And later after divorce final her work received her affair during work hours and conflict of interest in approving his paperwork

Then back in the saddle again

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

It was the ultimate insult for the first wife to expect he would be ok with sharing her. The failure of his author to expand and develop that means a very low score in indicated. Ther was literally nothing done I never response, no antagonism,, just blah.

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

Female infidelity has been on the rise for about thirty years. Plus,the vast majority, near 80 percent, of men that discover unfaithful wives stay with them. Free testoerone has been on the decline in males for four generations. There are even environmental factors contributing to the decline of testosterone. In addition, as outlined here,the man always needs to be under relational stress. Here, Heidi did nothing to initiate, she waited until Paul made a move. This societal invention teaches me to divorce themselves from feelings in anticipation of rejection. This is something women do not deal with. Men are also under constant performance review in sexual situations. All this contributes to male difficulties,and women , especially in current days, take advantage. It does not need to be like that. Decent men in good health in middle age, say 45 and up are vastly outnumbered by single women looking for a partner after a first marriage failed. It should be easier than it is for a man to find a decent female. However, the world is a messed up place.

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayalmost 2 years ago

I am a BTB fan and RAAC fan under the right circumstances, This should have ended in divorce, but she should suffer a bit more. In real life, the kids would have a lot of resentment for their mother. They would hate her actions, hurting their father, and sense of abandonment.

Vandeminium, an literotica author, has a scale. This should have fallen under 2(2ax) plus stick barometer. Where their is divorce and some social fall out. Personally, I sbelieve Cathy and Karl's marriage should not be a fairy tale marriage. Maybe Cathy has a little regret

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

Okay I know this is "just a story" but after reading the first page here is the DEAL.

Guys that have had something similar happen to them, here is why:

You are a pushover, and she knows she can get away with it. Oh, sure she knows you will be angry and hurt but, in the end, she knows your reasoning will be..... "but I still love her". Oh yeah and anyone who cheats for six plus months DOES NOT LOVE YOU!! You poor poor fools. : (

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The only thing I didn't like was how nice he was to his ex slut and how you tried to make her out to be a good person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm torn on how to rate this story. As a love story, it's a 5. However, ad a loving wives' story I'd give it a 2. It would have been much better if you cut out the first part that focused on his ex cheating, the divorce and the immediate aftermath. Better to have started after that with very minor reference to the ex. The whole cheating section included unresolved issues, in particular payback on the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This sequel suffers due to the author's decision to omit any significant follow up of Kathy's new life. This is only half the plot development a worthy sequel to w_r's original story would contain.

DeuxItTeuxItDeuxItTeuxItover 2 years ago

This was a good story. The original was a true Loving Wives story. This was more of a romance with the only loving wives portion coming from the look back at original. Still, good story.

HragsHragsover 2 years ago

I read the original authors story. Was lefr wish he had more to tell of his story. I was disappointed with the ending . Then I found you squeal. Thank you writing it. Now I feel much better.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I was expecting the ex-wife to regret her decision, but life isn't always like that. Sometimes you accept the truth as this man did, realize his first wife never loved him enough, and then go on to be happy with someone else. Good story.

calibamma707calibamma707about 3 years ago

Weak husband! I guess he is one of those “I feared for my life pussies” don’t make any effort to find high school crush. Who ignore the guy screwing his wife? I mean not one word.. 1 💫

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Yeah, not bad. But I’d still prefer, the bitch Kathy to have suffered some more.

If her relationship with Karl had of failed, it would have been karmic delight for her to suffer the loneliness she inflicted on her ex. She was after all, a conniving bitch

Scores 4/5

Dunny69Dunny69over 3 years ago
Boring smush

I concure should be in romance. I kept expecting drama but as the pages turned I started to loose hope. Yes eventually it petered out into nothingness. Dreadful waste of time. Sorry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Boring, wrong category.

No conflict. Should be in Romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

"You have a great mother kids" No she was a terrible mother for what she did to her family. Even the children at 13 were a thousand times smarter than the idiot father: "If she loved us why did she give us up to be with this guy." Father sits in chair drooling like the imbecile he is.

Father almost loses relationship because he is scared to ask his partner for sex at 40 years old. If you are so pathetic that the woman has to ask if you are gay or not, she is going to lose interest in you. Father sits there drooling like the imbecile he is.

Future wife says ex-wife seems nice on their wedding day. Normal man would say she is nothing compared to you, and I am happier now than I have ever been. But father says "yeah she was a great person and really wonderful. I hope she wants to stay for the wedding. " He then sits down and starts drooling like the imbecile he is.

I am starting to see why she went back to her high school boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Minor continuity error with the original Here it says Karl moved away after graduation, in the original it was after Junior year.

If you can't have both, I can't understand how you can walk away from 16 years with a man you claim to love, for a high school crush that you haven't seen for 20 years, especially at the risk of losing your children.

"She'd left me for her fantasy life and as strange as this may seem I wanted her fantasy to come true. I guess I truly loved her. I'd rather have her happy with another man than unhappy with me." - For me, it would be neither of those things. It would be more, "She destroyed our family for this, I wouldn't want to think our family was destroyed for nothing."

"it pleased me that [Christie] had such a good role model." - Huh?

Minor point: Going out with friends who are female isn't a "date." You have to do that before it becomes anything more.

Since her son isn't very young, where you would want to be careful about bringing a guy around, I would have suggested going to see the play with her.

"So Heidi, are you enjoying yourself?" - You don't ask your date that in the middle of the date! What's she gonna say, No? AFTER the date, you say, I hope you had a good time.

"He didn't feel the need to pay child support," - He didn't "feel the need?" I don't think courts care what he "feels!"

Heh, at 16 James couldn't nuke his own food?

Call me vindictive but I would have like to hear that Kathy and Karl's marriage didn't work out.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Good ending, but I think it would work better without Kathy’s appearance. She didn’t bother checking in with him for at least 3 years. She didn’t want to distract from Heidi’s day. But just appearing was a distraction.

mustelamustelaabout 4 years ago
Good try.

It sounds like real life.

It is long as time goes by.

But, as it is a story, I prefer the end of "Suspicion - The Aftermath by thecelt", even if it makes BTB fanatics howl

Mustela

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
By the end

I’d forgotten it was related to the other story

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
I gave it a 4

Just because every other version has dad sitting there like an idiot waiting for the whore to return

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
She started crying and I

asked what they hell she had to be so upset about, and who the hell had invited her when I had made it very clear over the last two years I wanted nothing to do with her

LoejtcLoejtcover 5 years ago
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Paul should not have encouraged the kids to continue to see their mother. The kids decided by themselves that she destroyed the family and wasn't the loving mother she professed to be. And she's certainly not a good role model for the kids.

Christie was right, she abandoned her family. How is that showing her love for her children? Maybe losing the love and respect of her kids would make her realize how much she hurt her family in pursuing her own selfish pleasures.

Additionally, after Kathy marries Karl it is unlikely that Paul could continue to require the kids meeting their mother at Kathy's sisters house. Consequently the kids will come into continued contact with Karl. Kathy will probably try to nurture a relationship between him and the kids. This could be a source of conflict for the children having two "father" figures in their life.

Paul should accede to the children's request and advise Kathy of their decision. He should subtilely undermine Karl's character, he is a seducer and a home wrecker after all, since he is as guilty as Kathy for the divorce.

Divorce is not fun. Paul needs to realize that being Mr. Nice Guy all the time is not in his family's best interest.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Nice story

but barely related to the original at all.

PencarrowPencarrowover 5 years ago
WE COME HERE FOR FICTION

But this story was too close to reality and it had no real emotional punch.

From your introduction I expected it to be a variation of The Celt's story but with a better ending (i.e. a story that has consequences and natural justice) but that's not how it ended up. The Celt had Kathy's marriage to Karl end after two years as her fantasy world ended in ashes, and then she takes up with Paul again. No natural justice in his ending at all, and Paul was a pathetic man who couldn't move on unless it was with Kathy.

I, and many others, thought this was unrealistic. We wanted to see Paul have a good life with a new woman, but we also wanted Kathy to still suffer the consequences of what she'd done to Paul and their children. I know in the real world this is not always how things pan out, but damn it, this is fiction where we can be judge, jury and executioner to mete out some karma of biblical proportions.

Your ending was neither fish nor feast. Yes, Paul ended up happy BUT Kathy did as well, and she had happiness long before Paul did. And as for Karl - he still ended up with Kathy. No real justice, no karma, and no REAL regrets or remorse from Kathy at Paul's wedding. In fact, her comment seemed to indicate she had well and truly moved on from her marriage to Paul and it was almost condescending, with the subtext being that now he was happy again her conscience had been salved. What a cruel bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not a Bad Story

My problem with it is that it has so little to do with the original story. Kathy and Karl are mentioned just briefly at the beginning of the story, and just given a token mention at the end. Other than that it was Paul and Heidi’s story completely. Not to mention the fact that this ending is not anymore satisfying than the original author’s was. I’ve always believed that the best way to deal with the pain caused by a cheating spouse is to share the pain with others. And who better to unload some pain on than the cheater and their lover. You know, a draconian divorce, Lawsuit against the lover, and the company they worked for, make public all the sleazy details of their affair, that sort of thing. Put them in the hurt locker. Heck, I feel better just writing about it.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good, but

Good story, glad for the happy ending. But I don't like the fact that Kathy and Karl got away clean. Karl knew she was married, but pursued her anyway. That's not a good guy. Kathy left her family without any regret for a Life with the asshole. In what universe do they deserve happiness? Happy is good, but some people deserve to burn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You said you didn't agree with Celt's happy ending,...

...then you write something like this? Where is the Lord's JUSTICE in the irony of this ending? You made us believe there was some 'evening-up' of the score, judging by your other stories; but this was a betrayal to your readers.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
3.7

Not a bad plot however had all the emotion of a potato.

TiredXTiredXalmost 6 years ago
Not to My liking...

Personally I prefer the scorched earth policy when its necessary, if nothing bad happened to the wife then there was no reason to add her into the ending even if it where for closure, as was stressed through out the story she fell in love with a fantasy but a fantasy is just that a fantasy it can never be real. I'm a bit disappointed because despite everything there was never really any closure for the mc, marriage yes, closure no.

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 6 years ago
Boring . . .

. . . boring. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A bit

Too much nice for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You forgot the lawsuit- now come up with chapter 2 to kill the bad guy

Let's back up a bit. You missed the part about suing for "Alienation of Affection" part against Karl. Bankrupt the son of a bitch, so that they have to live very poorly while the money is sluffed off to the kid's college fund's as part of her "Parenting responsibilities"

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60almost 7 years ago
Good job!

Jeeze,

I see there is no pleasing your audience. Does any of them have stories "we" could tear apart? I doubt it.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
Very nice

Best second part of this story I've read.

Not over the top and not letting

the victim remain a victim.

The ex got as little part as she deserved.

There has been mentioned a song called

"Torn between two lovers".

I remember the song and at least some of

the lyric. In one line says: "Loving both of

them is breaking all the rules". I stand firmly

behind that. (Good song though:))

The only fault I find with this second part,

of a good story, is it's a bit long. And

that's a bit out of character with the

first part.

Well done writer!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wimp tale

I dont understand this tale, waist of time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Story itself good, but awkward-robotic dialogue?

I really enjoyed the gist of the story, but found that the dialogue between the characters to be awkward/robotic/formal. I can attest to the fact that even highly educated children do not use vocabulary and complex sentences in everyday conversation the way Christi, Jason and James do.

If the dialogue was more organic, real-world, then this story would be 100.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 7 years ago
Reading this is sort of

like getting a double cone of pistachio ice cream and tripping while exiting the shop and the ice cream falls off. Very disappointing.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 7 years ago
7 pages

To long.......as in it would have been better not to have written this

Rc68Rc68over 7 years ago
Good not great...

This was just OK, others have written better endings burning the cheaters.... Your other stories are much better, thanks for your efforts....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Story ok at best, ending sucks...

Dialog seemed wooden, doesn't flow like normal speech between people. Very little, if any, emotion. More important to me was the fact that you treated Kathy as if what she did was almost respectable, wrong, but understandable. Almost as if anybody might think having a husband and lover is a normal, everyday occurrence. It's not, regardless of how many cucks so desperately want to make us believe it is. I guess they think they'll feel more like men if they can convince us that it's a good thing.

I'll never understand why so many stories have the husband tearfully telling his kids what good person their cheating slut of a mother is. Why lie to them? Tell them she loves them (hopefully she does), but she did a bad thing and now she'll be living with another man. Trust me when I say that NOT every mother is worthy of raising kids - and leaving the family to run off with some guy she hasn't seen in 20 years is kind of an indicator as to what kind of a mom she'll be for these kids. Let them know what she did was mean, cruel, and disgusting.

Make sure your kids aren't left with the impression that what happened is acceptable or normal. They'll probably never get the truth from mom, so make sure to at least turn this into an object lesson. Kids are much tougher than most people think. Sure, divorce is going to hurt them; it will be a traumatic event in their lives. But if you play down the fact that what mom did was unacceptable, the kids may think that this is something that just happens for no reason and they'll start worrying about whether or not dad will be there much longer. They need to know WHY it occurred, or they'll always wonder if they caused it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Meh but

Not a bad story, but the ending. Too easy, too easy.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
SUSPICIOUS MINDS=====SUSPICIOUS ACTIONS

where o where do the end, IF EVER. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Absolute 7 pages

Of drivel. You actually had the ex show up at the wedding and he was ok with it? I'm not saying you had to burn her to the ground ( even if it was deserved ) but that level of civility is just to soft. At the very least some harsh words ( even in a whisper so he doesn't make a scene ) needed to be said. I'm actually bothered i wasted t hj is much time on that ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Better follow up than what the original author wrote, but I can't get my head around how understanding, benign, benevolent, polite and wise people become in these LW stories after they've been betrayed. The dad telling the kids that their mother loves them after they tell him that they don't want to visit her is an example. I'm not advocating revenge; but he doesn't have to go out of his way to behave in a holier-than-thou manner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

A wimp story is still a wimp story. -1

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Always worthy of a-5. I vote in every city I travel to if I read a story I want to rate.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

Minor point - He’s met Heidi’s son, why can’t she meet HIS kids?

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
A Few Things

1. His ex was simply a selfish bitch that betrayed her whole family.

2. The I can love two men thing is really about I can USE two men. She can't stop lying to herself and everyone around her - she is a mess.

3. Is she an idiot? What kind of man has an affair with a married woman, worse a married woman with kids? He did not care about her best interests! She should have seen that. It is so obvious that it proves #1.

4. She is a terrible person and a horrible role model therefor she is a shitty and unfit mother. He should have agreed with the kids that they did not need her in their lives.

5. Finally, this guy needs to man up a bit. He thinks and acts more like a woman than a man. Men get hurt, but men suck it up and soldier on. They do not sit around and drink and cry.

6. Her showing up on his wedding day was another selfish move designed to get attention for her. Disgusting, he should have called her on that. He should have treated her like a crazy stalker and told her to leave.

The author had created a saccharine fantasy about a sensitive man and what a good guy he really is. If that works for you, great, you should probably consider transgender surgery

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
She's a nice person

No Kathy is not a nice person.

You are what you do.

Tearing apart a family and betraying your loved ones isn't what a nice person does.

All it means is that she is nice unless it's hard not to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

His ex is a dirty cunt . She left her family of 16+ years for a guy she loved as a teenager in a 6 month span. Is she still with him as the years passed. She also said she loved both but the truth was that she didn't love her husband at all , he was just there until the guy she really loved piped back into the picture. It might be childish but I would have made things very difficult for all involved no way would she be able to get off that easy. They would probably have chose to move far enough away to be safe because the humiliation and abuse would've been nonstop just like the shame he had to live with all family and friends knowing she thought he was not good enough to stay married to. That's a real bad feeling about how he must see himself and how he feels others look at him. I also would've kicked her out in a loud and humiliating way or spoke about how great it was to meet someone so good after my lying cheating cunt of a ex left her whole family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
NOT SURE

Along with Statute of Limitations, Wild Card and Was She Ever My Wife, I have always found the original Suspicion story very thought provoking. I often wonder what I would do if my wife and I were in the same situation. I think I would act pretty much like Paul during the period following the blow of the upheaval. However, where I would differ from this author is that I am sure that an intense hatred for my wife and her guy would develop. There would be no chance of inviting her to attend my wedding reception or suggesting that she were a nice person. To do what she did shows a basic disregard for the human feelings of her family. I would never want to speak to her again or acknowledge her existence. I accept that marriages break up through infidelity but there is something particularly unsettling about what this women did, and the brutal type of betrayal involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
one more ending but not the best

A very romantic tale, but I much preferred the endings of other authors where Kathy and Karl suffered some pain as well.

EddboyEddboyalmost 9 years ago
very good follow up

crazy but i just now found your stories and have been very pleased with the ones ive read so far. I am like you in that i tire of reading RAAC stories, i dont mind reconciliation but make it belivable atleast. One thing with this story you might have added is how Kathys marriage to her new husband turned out bc in the originals it didnt work out so good

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
@rightbank

I can't remember for sure, but I could have sworn that the boys did NOT go to the same school.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Well Done!

“He was my first and greatest love”

“Greatest love”? Does that mean her love for Karl is greater than her love for Paul?

The kids are right! How much can she love them if she could so easily give them up so she could be with Karl?

“as strange as this may seem I wanted her fantasy to come true”

I can understand that, if her fantasy collapses, then all the pain they’ve gone through will have been for nothing.

I’ve never understood this reluctance to kiss a woman after cumming in her mouth. I expect a woman to kiss me after eating her out!

Regarding the jeweler “agreeing” to a ring exchange – as long as the ring isn’t custom, why WOULDN’T a jeweler do an exchange, even without an explicit agreement?

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Yes, real

Certainly, any man who loved his family would WANT to inflict serious hurt on his betraying wife and her wife-stealing asshole lover. But if he was halfway intelligent, he'd know that there's no realistic way that a man who wasn't some magical ex-SEAL or CIA spook could possibly get away with it, and ending up spending years in prison is no way to prevent his kids from succumbing to all the bad impacts of a family breakup. He'd do his best to remain outwardly calm and to not give in to the temptation to trash the kids' mother in front of them - both for the sake of the kids' emotional well-being and because any competent lawyer would advise him that doing otherwise would be a mark against him in any custody dispute - and do his best to keep the home life as calm and supportive as possible.

The kids would naturally resent their mother for abandoning the family, and here they did, the son more so than the daughter, but in the end there is still some mother-child attachment that remains even though both definitely would have sided with Dad when it came down to a choice, which he tried to avoid forcing them have to make. Taking the high road in front of others was the best way to go, because it just made everyone see Kathy for the selfish, faithless cheater she was.

What's maybe a bit unrealistic about this was that he was actually able to pull it off without some aside about him having to see a shrink to do it. I guess Evelyn sort of filled that role for him by being Kathy's sister yet still validating all of his feelings about what Kathy was doing.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Not Real

First off, there is no way that any normal man who loved his wife would not inflict serious pain on her and her lover for cheating and breaking up his marriage. There is a very real monetary loss suffered in a divorce. That loss has a number attached to it. They made him pay, a self respecting man would make them pay too. Additionally, there is no way the kids would tolerate their mother cheating on THEM. Yes, she cheated on them, humiliated them in their community, and left them alone. All for some cock.The kids would be damaged. They would act out. Drugs for the boy, and sex for the girl - the most common outcome for ignored and rejected children. Cut the crap about her still loving her family - bullshit! Love is in your actions, not your words. Her total lack of respect for her family and even herself was apparent as she dishonored herself and her family. In truth, it is doubtful that she ever loved anyone. Love is the act of caring for another. Her actions showed she did not truly care for her own kids! If you don't love your own kids, who the Hell can you love?! No offense, but this is some stupid, poorly thought out plot here. Reality has the benefit of not tolerating lies for long. People cannot live with them for more than a few minutes before there are consequences.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
really quite bland

nice guy meets nice woman, they date, marry, and live happily ever after.

no resolution with the ex. no mention of the boyfriend. nothing of substance.

the time line is really messed up. isn't it odd that the two sons didn't know each if they were only one year apart, in the same school?

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
Much better than the original.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So what the hell happened to the slut and the cuckolding asshole?

Boy, this is a nothing tale.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
This doesn't do anything to explore the relationship

between Paul and Kathy. Its just an appendage. Could have been any couple from any failed relationships. Or even a couple that had never been married before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yeah...OK!

Let me get this straight; Kathy doesn't contest the custody arrangement?

You're smoking something whacky there, FDK!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This Paul is a wimp

This is a wimp version of the tail, Paul dont have any pride, another wimp tale.

bobyroy69bobyroy69over 10 years ago
Stiff & Formal

And this alternate version doesn't relate to the LW Category at all.

Seven pages of nothing...

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Decent Story, well written

For the most part I enjoyed this. I think I was expecting some type of fireworks with the cheating wife. Glad this was one of those guys who went for divorce. I kind of expected him to get with the sister in law. But that story scenario was already covered somewhere else on the site. Agreed with other commenters. It was a bit bland. For a love story it worked. Thanks for posting. Well written and I hope you continue to write for this site.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
As monkcalm said

A story is a description but it really requires a conflict as a lynchpin. Jane Austen's was the need for a good husband and the machinations of how to land one. Independence Day had huge scary space aliens.

What little conflict this had was wrapped up in about 2 pages. She cheated, she divorced...and...who cares what comes next.

And frankly, I was desperately disappointed. I had just gotten finished reading or rereading the Hardheads and T & C and both struck me with their clarity of thought and writing. Nice simple prose telling a good story with valid reasoning and never once demanding I suspend my disbelief in unacceptable ways.

So...this was bland. Yes, you had two pages of sex scenes, which is, I suppose, welcome here, but unless there is something wrong, there generally isn't a conflict there. It's SEX.

However, I wish you wrote more.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
as good as a text book

math 101= this story well typed, but as feeling as any high school text book, shit for emotions or feeling,do you know what funny and sad are?

HardFeltHardFeltabout 11 years ago
What?

No consequences, none, zip. Cheating does pay; at least in this story. No VD either. Hum makes a person wonder how come there even is VD .. oh yeah illicit sex. Wow. What a total crock of ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Oh, OK.

Good storyline. Mostly well written, if a bit brusque for its length.

Fuller, more realistic characters with more emotion would make this a 5+, as it is already the best of the alternates by a country mile.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
No emotions

wow the story has no emotions no ones sad or upset no one carries a grudge ,What fuck around 6 months expose me to STD's, its okay because im a pussy fuck!. How can your write about betrayal on not get mad these are not men they are pussies the worst kind of male, what rob me steal from me kill me, its okay i deserved it for having a cock. You dont carry the hate day to day but you dont ever forget or forgive they have no remorse,you release the hate but keep the anger at being raped,once more a all is forgiven story, no invite to marriage, no we talking like friends she is and will forever be the enemy of your heart, not hate just no love or affection at all!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 11 years ago
Well, this is, by far, the best ending to the sad, sordid tale of Paul and Kathy that I've read to date...

... I know the BTB crowd isn't very happy and the romance bunch probably would have liked more information on Kathy's relationship with Karl. As for me, I think the author really found the meat of the story when Paul accepted the fact that Kathy had never really loved him and only married him because she had seemingly lost Karl. Maybe the romantic in me reared it's ugly head but it looked like Paul had found true love for the first time with Heidi. As far as more information about Kathy and Karl goes, who really cares what happened to those two. I know I don't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
this version of

the story is the worst

the wife had never been punished for what she did

and the huisband is the same nice looser like in the other versions

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous