System Shock

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I vaguely remember hearing voices, maybe shouting. I don't know. The slamming of a door, maybe two, maybe something fell over, I don't know, I didn't really care.

Then Ben entered the bathroom after I failed to answer his knock. He pushed the curtain aside and turned off the water before standing with a towel open wide in his arms for me to step into. I couldn't move, all I managed to do was to stare up at him, my beautiful husband, lost to me forever. I didn't know where to start, but I had to tell him.

"Something happened," I stated in a trembling voice.

"I know, he told me," Ben replied. I was shocked and didn't hide it. "If he told you that it was your fault, then the guilt is mine to share."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nick told me a long time ago that he was going to 'tap that' as he put it. I didn't say or do anything about it. It wasn't the only time he mentioned it either. In fact, he made a comment the other day about it, and still I didn't say anything. I didn't think he was serious. I never thought he would... hurt you like that."

We silently stared at each other for a minute before Ben moved to put the towel on the rack and began undressing.

"How about we try this; I'll get in the shower with you, and we can both clean ourselves from what happened today. Nick is never to be here when I'm not home for any reason. In fact, Nick won't be back until you say you're comfortable with having him here again."

"Do you mean that?" I asked with relieved uncertainty. "But, he's your son."

"You're my wife, Lisa," he stated with stone cold sincerity. "My son had no right to overstep that line."

I stood up, shakily at first, and got the feeling back in my legs. "I don't think there's any hot water left," I stated lamely.

"It's okay, we'll just wait a few minutes." He stepped into the shower and closed the curtain. I went to him as soon as he faced me and tucked myself against his body. With my head resting at his shoulder and his arms around me, we stood like that for an indiscernible amount of time.

"Let's see if there's hot water yet," he suggested quietly. I nodded while he reached behind himself and turned the knobs. Fixing the water to create a slight steam, he wrapped his arms around me once more, and rested his head beside mine. We stood like that while the hot water slowly ran out.

12