All Comments on 'Taboo: A Memoir Ch. 07-09'

by Tom_Hathaway

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
I love this story

It's so realistic compared to some incest stories. All the taboo, angst-ridden stuff, all the thrill of illicit sex, even the return of the father was well-handled.

I look forward to its continuation.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Just can't finish it...

I was into it, really into it, until you brought the dad back and his mom started taking up with him, then I just got turned off. No matter what you have them do now I just can't finish it... What a shame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A Good read

Nice story,very realistic...how did he (the father) knows her phone number? and thats his son? Assumptions???otherwise very good...

syd_v63syd_v63over 13 years ago
Dad Sucks

Not too happy with the introduction of the Antagonist but every good story needs something. The whole Mothr re-committing herself sceene was possibly one of the hottest things I've read. Good work.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
didn't need

dear old dead beat, drug dealing, dad

he was a downer

josenussbaumjosenussbaumabout 2 years ago

I stop reading here, the story is boring for me. Nothing happens and it seems like a series of sex scenes.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I want to know if this is true. A true story for the ages. I want this to be true. Factual, memory inducing. Please be real, I beg you

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A spectacular turn to the story. The first two parts were focussed on the act, with some emotional overtones. Here, the introduction of the ?poetic' man who was instrumental for Tommy's presence turns up, bringing him to an understandable state of uncertainty, jealousy and anger. That he, the semen giver, writes poems in the sky is a faint hint of the impermanence and uncertainty of life. I may have read the story before, but even without that knowledge, one can get a whiff of a far bigger threat to their lives. Mother and son will find their lives threatened. A well thought out twist in the plot. It has all the makings of a thriller. Or perhaps not.

The author has used a medley of words, describing emotions and objects in a smooth harmony of emotive bursts. The piscine description is a wonderful expression of feminine delight. Far from being abhorrent, it is a reminder of the source of much goodness and, most of all, life. Life for Tommy. A life with many joys and adventures. It is sweet confectionary that cannot be replicated. The bush is such a wonderful artifact. Natural, pure and a secretive cave of delights. That Diana understands his jealousy, bringing him back to her fold with a gentle and firm reintroduction to her charms is reminiscent of how a sulking child is straightened out.

His soto voce alter ego conversations is a delight and so is the third person banter between the two. The tinge of jealousy expressed by Diana brings out a certain girlishness in her and is charming. The piscine calyx is an apt description of an irreplaceable, admirable beauty. The pollinating act has no sting to act. It is a surreal trip to fluffy heights. Barring Tommy from observing her make-up procedure is a female twist. It is the ability to be intimate and still a mystery to man. Tommy may look, taste and gorge on his maker's sensual beauty, but he may never know the secrets of Maybelline. Such are the contradictions of womanhood.

The first two sections had a realistic back and forth, especially on Diana's side, with the expected dilemma of a responsible adult, worried about the potential harm to her progeny. This section crossed well over 5 stars. Kudos!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous