Taken?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Can I help you," the man said.

Rob held up his poster and said, "I'm trying to locate these two women, and I've been told that they are likely in this area. Do you recognize either one of them?"

The man squinted at the pictures on the poster and said, "No, I don't recognize them at all. Are you sure they're from around here?"

"They're from Duluth, and they may be with a man who lives in this area. I'm looking for a man by the name of Angus Blair, as I've been told he fits the description of the man I'm looking for, the one who may have brought these two women here. Do you know that name?"

The man thought for a second and then said, "Yes, as a matter of fact I do know that name. He comes in every week for his mail; sometimes he buys a few groceries."

Rob was very excited to finally find someone who sounded like they actually knew Angus Blair. He quickly asked, "Do you know where he lives? I really need to find him. Anything you can help me with would be very much appreciated."

"Well, he lives in the summer home his parents had up on the lake. I think they're both dead now. They were nice people. Angus came up here and started living in the summer home last fall. You said that these two women are from Duluth? The reason I ask is that Angus's parents were from Duluth, and I suspect that's where he lived before he came up here."

"Can you tell me where the summer home is? I would really like to go there before it gets too dark to see if he is the man I'm looking for."

The man opened the door and stepped back before he said, "I can do a bit better than tell you where it is. I can draw you a little map because it isn't that easy to find if you don't know the area. Come in while I get a piece of paper and a pen." He walked through the inner door with Rob following him and motioned to a chair at the kitchen table for Rob to seat himself at. Rob sat down and waited while the man rummaged through a drawer for a pad of paper and a ballpoint pen. Rob was about to offer him his pen when the man finally found one and came back to sit at the table.

"What you do is you go about 12 miles west to a road that goes off to the south. It's a dirt road but there's a small sign that says Camp Road on a post where it turns off the main highway. Once you get on that road you need to follow this map to find the Blair summer home." The elderly man proceeded to draw a map that Rob felt he should have no trouble following in his search for the summer home. When he had finished the map he handed it to Rob, and then used his finger to trace the route Rob would have to take.

Rob thanked the man profusely for his assistance, and stood to leave. His host seemed unhappy that Rob would be leaving so quickly, and offered him a cup of tea or coffee before he left. Rob politely declined his offer and explained again that he wanted to find the summer home before dark. He quickly left the home and got into his car. Before he left the parking lot he made a call to the Ontario Provincial Police detachment to see whether an officer would be available to accompany him.

The desk Sergeant advised him that nobody would be available for an undetermined time, due to the accident he had previously been told about. As well, a new problem had arisen in Ignace that involved a man with a rifle who was barricaded in a private home. Rob thanked him for the information and agreed to wait until the next day for an officer to accompany him. Rob hung up the phone and tossed it on the seat in disgust.

"If he thinks I'm going to wait until tomorrow he is out of his mind," Rob said to no one in particular. He put the car in gear and turned west on the highway, the hand drawn map on the seat beside him.

The 12 miles of highway passed beneath the wheels of his car in what seemed like the blink of an eye. Rob could see the sign for Camp Road well in advance of arriving at the intersection, and was driving at a very low rate of speed as he turned left onto the dirt road from the paved highway. He took another look at the map he had been given and drove along the bumpy access road.

In about 10 minutes, and after about a 2 mile drive, Rob approached a clearing of the left side of the road that should be the Blair summer home if the map he had been given was correct. He decided to drive by the lane that left the access road so that he could take a look at the place and see if it fit the description he had been given. The old man at the store had said that there was a fairly large log home located on the lot, and that it had been the Blair residence each summer. As Rob drove by the lane he could see the log home he had been told about. There was a garage beside the home but its' doors were closed. There was no car to be seen.

Rob parked his car off the traveled portion of the road and about 100 yards past the Blair home. He decided he would walk back quietly, and try to see if there was a brown Toyota Corolla in the garage.

He was able to walk along the edge of the lot beside the trees so that he could approach the garage on the side away from the home. He didn't want to be seen; as he wanted to be sure he was at the right place.

When he reached the side of the garage he moved along that side until he came to the next corner. When he came around the corner he could see that there was a window set in the middle of the wall. He walked to it and took a look inside the garage. It was quite dark inside, and he had to place his hands on each side of his head to shield his eyes from the sunlight so that he could see inside the garage. When he did that he could see that there was a dark colored automobile parked there, and he could see the Toyota symbol on the front of the hood. He felt that was enough proof that he'd found the right place.

He decided to go to the corner of the garage closest to the house to see whether anyone was outside, and to see what was on the south side of the home. When he looked around the corner he couldn't see anyone in sight, and the south side of the building consisted of a full length deck complete with several chairs and a round wooden table. The view from this vantage point was quite impressive, as the lake was only 100 feet away and a number of islands were dotted across it. It was about half a mile to the opposite bank, and Rob could not see any other summer homes or boats on the lake.

Rob watched the large window on the side of the house closest to him but could see no movement within the building. After about a minute he decided to cross over to the side of the house, and take a look inside to see whether anyone was there. His heart was racing as he crossed the lawn, afraid that he would be seen before he could take a look to see whether Erin or Katy was in the room on the other side of the window.

He made it to the side of the house and slowly crept to the window. When he looked inside all he could see was the furniture one would expect in a normal living room. There was nobody in the room and when he turned his head slightly he could see that the room continued to his right to an eating area and kitchen. It was while he was looking in the window that he got the feeling he was being watched, and so he slowly turned around.

What he saw when he turned created the greatest fear that Rob had felt in many years. About 10 feet from him, and standing about 10 feet apart, were two vicious looking dogs which appeared to be pit bulls to Rob. He took a step to the left and both dogs reacted, each taking a step in the same direction and both of them let out a low growl. He stopped for a moment and then tried to move to the right, but was again followed by the dogs. This time they didn't growl so Rob took another step to the right. They followed him but seemed to be allowing him to move in that direction.

When he got to the corner of the summer home the dogs repositioned themselves to force him to move around the corner, and he began to feel like he was being herded. As he turned the corner and took a look to his right he was shocked to find himself staring at a double-barreled shotgun. He looked up to the face of the man holding it and realized he was staring at his elusive quarry, Angus Blair. Even with the poor descriptions he had been given he was sure it was him. All of the partial descriptions he had been given fit the man perfectly.

"You shouldn't have come here, Rob Walsh. You should have stayed in Duluth," said Angus Blair. His voice was a monotone without emotion.

Rob answered him with, "How could I not come? You've taken my wife and my daughter from me. I had no choice but to come after them." Rob decided to move a step closer to his nemesis when he noticed that the gun was not actually aimed at him.

He had barely moved when Angus Blair said, "Girls, watch him!" The two dogs immediately moved closer to Rob and took up positions about 6 feet away from him and placed so that he could not move in any direction safely. "If I tell them to attack, they will, and they wouldn't stop until I told them to. Don't do anything stupid."

Rob was immediately seized with fear, not for himself, but with a fear that these dogs may have attacked either Erin or Katy. He immediately said, "Where are my wife and daughter, Blair? I want to see them. By God, if you've done anything to hurt them even those two dogs won't be able to protect you." He meant it but even as he said it he realized his statement was based on bravado and not realism.

Rob didn't get an answer. Instead he was motioned towards the door with a wave of the shotgun. Since he didn't see any hope of winning a confrontation against two aggressive dogs and a 12 gauge shotgun he kept his hands in plain view and proceeded into the house. He was followed by Angus Blair with the shotgun and the two dogs that immediately placed themselves between him and their master. Another wave of the shotgun directed him to a chair at the kitchen table. He sat down and waited for the next command.

Angus Blair leaned his shotgun against the log wall at the opposite side of the table and then sat in a chair beside it. The two dogs moved to a new position where they both had a clear view of Rob as he sat at the table. After a minute spent looking at each other Angus Blair reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of handcuffs. He tossed them on the table and told Rob, "Put one on your right wrist." He waited while Rob did that and then said, "Now put the other one in the metal ring under the edge of the table."

Rob felt around under the table until he found the end of an eye bolt that seemed to be mounted into the 2 x 4 frame under the table top. He secured the second handcuff to the eye bolt and waited. Angus Blair got up from his seat and came around to the end of the table, where he bent over to look at the handcuff secured to the eye bolt. When he saw that Rob had obeyed his command be returned to his seat and then spoke to the two dogs. "Girls, go to your room." The two dogs immediately got up and went through a swinging door into what appeared to be a small room off the kitchen. The door swung back and forth several times before finally remaining closed. Rob could see a hasp secured to the door, and a metal loop on the frame. It appeared there was a way to lock the dogs in their room.

"It's very tiring for the two of them to be on guard for too long. They get really tense and I don't think it's good for them." Angus Blair sounded very concerned about the welfare of his two dogs. They were both the same size and could be twins, their brindled coats displaying the same colors and overall pattern. Rob was not a dog expert but felt that they were probably two to three years old, and obviously had been well trained.

"Now that you have me secured, tell me about my wife and daughter. Where are they? What have you done with them?" Rob was almost scared to hear the answer to these questions, but felt that both of them were probably all right, even though he couldn't see any signs of them in the room he was in right now. The fact that Erin had been alive less than a month ago made him feel quite confident that they were both still alive.

"They're both perfectly fine and will stay that way as long as you don't cause me trouble." Angus looked up at Rob and asked, "How did you trace me here? How could you possibly have found me?"

Rob didn't want to give him too much information so he said, "People saw you, and I was able to track you along your route that way. It took a while but here I am, and the police will be along soon enough."

There was a momentary look of fear in Angus Blair's eyes, but soon he said, "If they knew where I was they would have been here with you. I would bet you haven't told them where to find me. Maybe you intended to, but I bet that you didn't have time to do it."

"They do know that I was tracking you down in this area and if I could find you I'm sure they will too. You'd probably do yourself a big favor by just unlocking these handcuffs, and letting me and my wife and daughter leave here on our own." Rob was speaking sincerely to him, hoping that logic would get through to him.

"She's not your wife! She's going to be my wife." Angus got up and paced back and forth across the table from Rob, who had a look of absolute bewilderment on his face.

"What are you talking about? We're married, and Katy is our daughter. How can you say she's going to be your wife? Bring her in here and let me ask her about this. I'm sure she has no intention of being your wife," exclaimed Rob.

"She's going to be my wife! That's why I brought her here. Ever since high school I've wanted her to be my wife, and now that I have a place of my own, she can be my wife." Angus was still pacing and now his face was getting a little red and his voice had risen in strength. He was getting worked up and Rob could see it.

"Let's ask her about it. Come on, bring her in here and let's ask her." Rob was a little frustrated with the way that Angus was obviously ignoring him now, completely engrossed in his own thoughts. Rob thought about what had started him on his search and asked, "What about Katy? Why did you bring Katy here? Tell me that, why is she here?"

"Never mind! I had to bring her here, that's all you need to know!" Angus was even more animated now, thrusting his arms into the air as he spoke and the redness in his face had increased. Rob began to get a little worried about what his next move might be, and decided to not antagonize him any further.

Rob calmed his voice, and began to speak slowly and quietly as he said, "I can see why you would want Erin as your wife. She is such a good wife, so caring and loving."

Angus stopped his pacing and looked at Rob. "That's right! She would be perfect; I always knew she would be perfect. In high school she was the only one who would talk to me so nicely. None of the other girls in our class would even say hello to me. She was never like that. She was the nicest one of all."

It was getting a bit dark outside now and Rob said to Angus, "I should bring my car into your driveway. It's on the access road and somebody could steal it or run into it. Maybe even the police could see it there and wonder where I am." Rob was trying to think of an excuse to get Angus to unlock his handcuffs, hoping that a chance for escaping, and getting to the police might present itself. Unfortunately it was too obvious as Angus just stood there shaking his head.

"You're right about getting your car off the road. Give me your keys and I'll bring it into the yard." He held out his hand waiting for Rob to give him the keys, so finally Rob reached into his jacket pocket and handed the keys to Angus. "Don't you make a sound while I'm gone." Angus stood and then called, "Girls, come here." The two dogs trotted out of their room, leaving the door swinging in their wake. "Watch him." The two dogs stationed themselves on either side of Rob and about 5 feet away. It was obvious he wouldn't be able to do anything while Angus was away.

While Angus was gone Rob had the opportunity to take a good look at his surroundings. All of the interior walls of the home were also made with logs, with only the door frames breaking their symmetry. The living room, eating area and kitchen were in an L shaped arrangement, and there were two doors in the short wall by the kitchen. One led to the room that was used by the dogs, and he assumed that the second door led to the bedrooms and bathroom. That door was closed and he could see that it appeared to have a deadbolt lock as well as a standard doorknob. It bothered Rob greatly that Erin and Katy were likely behind that closed door somewhere.

While he had the chance, Rob also took a good look at the door that the dogs used to enter and exit their room. It had been mounted on hinges that would let it swing both ways so the dogs could enter and leave easily. The hasp and locking eye looked to be heavy duty and he could see even from a distance that the screws holding them were of a substantial size. He was sure the dogs would never get the door open if the hasp were closed and locked with something. These two dogs looked too dangerous for him to be able to attempt an escape, if they were free.

Rob could hear the sound of a car outside and looked up in time to see his car driving up the driveway and pass by the window he had been looking in only minutes before. In a moment it was again in front of the window as it was backed up. Rob could see that it was being turned and the only reason he could think of was to be able to drive it behind the garage, out of sight. Any hope that someone would be able to see his car at the Blair home was likely out of the question. He knew he was going to have to think of something that would get him out of this situation, but at this point he didn't know what that could be.

A few seconds later his captor walked in the rear door, which exited to the deck on the south side of the house. When he saw that Rob was still in his chair he said, "Girls, go to your room." The two dogs immediately went back through their swinging door. Rob thought it was uncanny how well they listened to Angus Blair when he spoke to them. Blair resumed his seat across from Rob and said, "Your car is out of sight. I'll keep the keys. I'm going to have to think about what to do about you."

"There's something that is bothering me and I'm hoping you will answer my question. I want to know what you did to Katy that made her sick in Kakabeka Falls. People that saw her have told me they thought she was drunk. I need to know what you did that made her act that way." Rob was hoping that the answer he received would allow him to quit worrying about what had caused Katy's strange actions.

"I gave her something so that she wouldn't remember her trip here. It causes memory loss and it worked very well with your wife. Side effects are nausea, dizziness and confusion. It didn't hurt her, and it did a good job, as she has no idea where we are." Angus was pleased with his explanation, and smiled for one of the few times since Rob had met him.

"Is that why Erin looked ill when you had her in the Grand Portage Casino? Why did you take her there, anyway?" Rob was genuinely interested in the answer to that question.

"She probably doesn't even remember being there," Angus said. "I just needed to kill 2 hours until the border guards changed on the Canadian side. A friend of mine works nights there, and I figured we'd have no trouble crossing."

Rob was still concerned that they had been given a drug and asked, "What did you give them? I'd like to know what it was."

"I guess it doesn't matter if I tell you. It was Rohypnol. It works great, just as advertised." Again he gave Rob a smile of satisfaction. He was obviously pleased with himself.

"Rohypnol! That's the date rape drug! What kind of a sick bastard are you?" Rob was furious now, assuming that his wife and daughter had been given the drug for more reasons than that they would forget the trip. He lunged and made a futile grab for Angus Blair's throat. He came up short by at least a foot and a half. It didn't stop Angus from quickly leaning backwards to avoid his grasp.