All Comments on 'Taking Chances'

by peacekeeper25

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What an absolute sorry tale.

She is a cheating slut, kills her husband by her actions, and this is suppose to be OK. Ideally she and her "new man" suffer some terrible consequence for their disgusting actions. Nothing would be bad enough.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 12 years ago
I liked the story but she is a cheating slut.....

A woman that cheats on a loving husband of 35 years and moves out without reason is the lowest of the low. Apparently the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree because her daughter was okay with it. She could have had passion with her husband or at least tried which she never attempted. I hope Tom, whose is an acomplished adulterer, will cheat on her and leave her with a broken heart.

chootkabhootchootkabhootover 12 years ago
horrible

sad, pathetic and disgusting. a true slut. should be in the cheating wives category

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
how fucking

cold can you get..i hope she dies slowly n painfully from cancer ...make it hurt its what she deserves

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nothing

good or right with this story.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 12 years ago
She was Right

She did kill him. Just as sure as if she shot him in the head, which would have been more humane. Consider the shock followed by a deep state of chronic depression which dramatically changed his body chemistry putting too much stress on his system and at his age it was fatal. Martin had no more control over his hormones than he did with Catherine leaving him. Just like women that get post partum depression have little or no control over their hormones and resulting behavior. The only one that had any control was Catherine. Martin's daughter failed him, too. What a sad selfish story. If you think this is romance I would hate to see what you think is tragic. Although you do have a nice writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Are Most women as Ruthless and Hideous as This Cock Hungry Bitch?

God. I have to admit that they are. They will trade a man's life any day for the right hard dick and some tawdry sense of adventurism.

It makes marriage a bad thing to do.

It means nothing. Its an invitation to a terrible heart attack. Premature death.

Those who have little sex with their wives are in great danger of having this terror happen to them;

old age is bad enough. But to die of heart pain and alone- ness in the last hours is hell.

That is why I hate this ugly story. May God reach out something to all the tired lonely men who are in danger of their wives forsaking them..

ohioohioover 12 years ago
What a lot of hate in these comments!

The previous readers seem to identify with, and care about, only Martin the husband. They have no concern for the wife's feelings or needs at all.

This is a sad story, but I don't see it as a "cheating bitch should burn in hell" story. The marriage had become cold and distant and ordinary. She was married to a man who barely noticed her. Surely ALL the blame is not on her!

A sad story, in many ways, but not a hateful one.

Thanks, ohio

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotover 12 years ago
Two miserable selfish bitches...

Both the mother and the daughter were misderable, selfish bitches. This belongs in the miserable loving wives category... there was no romance here, just betrayal and hatred.

What stupidity and selfishness... hoping they could still be friends? God damn, peacekeaper... at the very least, this was in the wrong place.

The husband loses everything... where's the romance in that?

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
Talk about "putting lipstick on a Pig". This farce tries to paint a miserable slut bitch as a caring human being.

The daughter is only slightly less a cunt. Selfish, miserable bitches one and all.

As described the Husband, father and all around decent human being was stabbed repeatedly by his wife AND his kid.

The author tries to paint this story with a romantic brush, but no amount of lipstick will hide this pig.

smurfmatesmurfmateover 12 years ago
Truthful!

Whether you agree or disagree with Catherine's actions in this story, it's a very truthful tale. Maybe reading this story will help someone improve their stagnant marriage for the better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
well

there is a lot of hate in these comments like ohio said but I at least can understand some of it in contrast to ohio.

I have a single mom of 44 living across the street and we talk often in the evenings about....whatever.

one day I asked her: what kind of man would be the dream man for her today. She described me the man (and I don't mean physical appearance). I was really astonished and I guess I also looked like it. So she was asking me why I looked so surprised.

I told her what she described was the dream of an inexperienced teenie and so unlike her as her feet are always firmly on the ground.

no guy our age would act that way , even if he would like to be with you. and if he would it would be you to tell him to calm down and that she has a 14 year old kid to think of aswell.

but she insisted that it had to be this way and no other. I had to tell her then she would most likely stay alone like she did, besides some one or two night stands, over the last 14 years since her divorce. You have to grow up.

two years have gone by since then and she still struggles all alone through life.

so what's the moral of this story ? in our society it's the women's will or way or no way. pretty sad isn't it ? but I guess it will take them a couple hundred years to learn to deal with the new wone freedom and that with that a lot more responsibility comes with it. An old woman told me once when we were talking about the same issues: you see they gave us a rifle in the last century but no manual how to handle it. so we go and now take what we want and we don't take any prisoners. the consequences we see only afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wrong category

As others have stated, this story belongs in the "Loving Wives" category and not Romance. I found very little romance here and Catherine's character was not at all likeable. She wasn't actually neglected or abused by her husband nor did she make any attempt to talk to him about her lack of satisfaction or seek counseling. She really comes off as a selfish bitch. I also thought that the daughter encouraging her mother to have an affair was quite unbelievable (though maybe this just shows how Catherine raised her to be as much of a selfish bitch as herself).

Had you posted this story in "Loving Wives", you'd still get the negative comments, but probably a higher score as some of the readers in that category actually enjoy this sort of thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A well written, albeit sad account of a life

I found this little story intriguing. I could see it as a play actually. Very interesting that just sharing a moment can lead to a new life. Honesty, introspection and courage are highlighted.

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Mother a slut whore spreading her legs and letting another man shoot his sperm in her skanky cunt,, daughter a slutty whore in the making if not already a cheating slut. Hope her , her daughter, and Tom burn to death in a car accident

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenover 12 years ago
to all the anonamouses

Do you all go to the same church and doesn't the preacher who destroyed your minds tell you not to read this stuff? I know he tells you dancing is a sin. I guess you've all chosen to join the devil. Please thump your bible in someone else s back yard. and let those of us who enjoy this stuff alone. I thought this was a great plot with a solution most are afraid to attempt but should.

katibkatibover 12 years ago
Well...

This is a beautifully crafted story. Part romance and part tragedy, the story has a theme and three characters whose passion resonates within every reader. I thought that Catherine refered to Tom's "bluntness" of speech a little too frequently the first day they met; and once Tom used "like" as a conjunction rather than as a preposition--a mistake that no careful writer would make. Nevertheless, the qualities in this author's prose suggest that a wider audience than LIT should be sought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
She killed him

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Very compelling and thought provoking story.

I very much empathized with poor Martin (to the extent that the author allowed me) and felt the character of Catherine was very selfish and self centered. Further I was very saddened by the lack of loyalty shown by the daughter, Melissa...she enabled her mother's own disloyalty. In the end I, the reader, felt a bit manipulated by the author and therefore felt the story was too transparent, predictable and formulaic. I guess my biggest complaint is that the author seemed to pay only passing lip service in pointing out Martin's plight. He was written as a one dimensional almost cartoon character. Too much time and words were spent justifying Catherine's actions. The balance that should have been there was way out of whack. Nonetheless, I very much enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
There appears to be a segment of US society (usually anon)...

that doesn't accept reality (such as evolution as a cornerstone of biology) but prefer to believe fairytales from ancient middle eastern books saying wives are chattels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
She took Advantage for a year instead of divorcing early on

She deserves the pain of Tom cheating on her - Tom deserves pain for purposely stealing another man's wife.<P>

There is nothing of value in this story about two selfish people intentionally hurting a person who loved his wife. Who died due to her lenghly selfish cheating without a care for his welfare or dignity.<P>

The daughter made no sense just a contorted husk of manipulation by the writer for senseless justification where none was reasonably possible.<P>

Writers can write with talent but still alienate with a story of contrived avoidable senseless pain.<P>

Choose better next time writer if you wish to be appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
exceptionally well written

Descriptions, dialogue, pace, setting, all excellent - good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
The earth is only 5,000 years old

horribull story of a cheeter. im incapable of seeing the hypocrisy of moralizing about these stories after reading them and spanking my little pud.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ohio you dumbass

2 cheaters unite and a depressed husband who dies as a dejected lover. With a marriage of 35 years and a dry cunt

to add and you need passion no way! what she had was lust and that no passion .And the fault is not entire hers it was also Tom's fault,an accomplished predator .other than that you can blame people like Ohio,Matt Moreau,Dsoul,etc

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ohio is also a predator

His reasoning to uphold Catherine justification of indulging into an affair because of some failed communication between the married couple is one often used by cheaters: a loo in passion. At sixty sex is no longer THAT important so you need to have sex with passion every day.If she need ruf sex call a gigolo,if she needs love call the husband.

Catherine and Melissa are two selfish cheaters and would justify anything so that end are met and are immature individuals in that mores and societal sanctions and the husbands feelings are thrown aside.

Quite a story but I will give you a 1 cos you are shown here anybody can cheat as long as it serve a purpose and include married couple.It sucks.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
This story created a lot of heat.

There are several reasons that this story disturbs so many readers. The wife is not content in her marriage, but does not try to fix it. She betrays her husband. The husband is guilty of being content, being bland after 35 years of marriage. Is this unusual, or terrible, or just normal? The husband is not painted to be a world class prick which makes it difficult for the reader to accept her affair in any form. The boyfriend goes after a married woman when there are thousands of single women (widowed or divorced, or never married) that age. That makes him a miserable prick by most standards. The fact that the wife did not separate from hubby but rather used him as insurance while exploring her feelings for the new guy makes her a pretty bad person. Perhaps she had reason to leave her husband and seek solace and joy in the arms of another, but it needed to be done in that order. She used her husband badly. It was likely the catalyst for his demise. Emotional story, but a romance? Not. The daughter? I wouldn't want her to be mine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
just a thought

After being married for many yrs, sometimes ppl grow apart. Sometimes you both see it and try to fix it. most of the time its too late. You cant judge anyone until you walked in their shoes. Until you have been married a while. Not 5 yrs and just starting, you will never understand. I thought it was a good story, just alittle to long. Keep it up, and dont holyer than thou ppl who are still wet behind the ears and havent lived half of an life judge you. =)

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Wrong category?

I have not read any of your other stories, but this one seemed to be pretty good from a technical point of view. The husband humiliation/decimation thing is just not a scenario that is very appealing or interesting to me. Her husband wasn't an evil prick or an overall bad guy. He was just in a dying marriage like she was. It seems to me that he paid an awfully high price so that his loving wife could live happily ever after with her new lover. Even in death she disrespected him by even showing up to the funeral. What a coward she is. Not certain how anyone could think that she is a sympathetic heroin.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
A Zookeeper Never Turns His Back On Any Wild Animal Wth the Potential to Hurt Them!

- just as a man schould never 'absolutely' take his woman for granted. I'm not bright enough to tell you if this means one schould conduct relationships on a "trust but verify" basis but I do know that capturing AND holding the heart of a woman us a lifetime process, Routines are a double-edged sword and poor Martin got entirely to caught up in his. Well written by the author ; apparantlly this discomfited the anonomy-mafia greatly. Mega-Kudos sir for that effect of the story even moreso then the actual story itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Harddaysknight hit the nail on the head

My exact sentiment. I didn't get the feeling of romance is in the air,but rather adultery was the main course.Romance was not a good fit for this tale, Loving Wives would have been a better choice. And all you Anon haters can kiss my ass!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
me

Been there - not 35 years but twelve - and I didnt die - I found another woman before the divorce was final and married her soon after

But I still love my first wife, and the guy she ran off with has died. Now she is the ailing widow

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What a Cunt

And the daughter is a piece of shit - hope someone turns them into whores.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
What a Murdering Bitch

After taking everything he had, taking his youth, his love, his daily grind to make a life for her and their daughter, she decides he, after how many decades, is not new a fresh. So she takes his heart and rips it out so he will die.

And that cunt daughter - is she a piece of work. The man who changed her diapers, walked her at night until she stopped crying, who she ran to and cried daddy when she was hurt, who took ever bit of his love and sucked the life blood out of him along with that fucking cunt he thought was a loving wife.

Next time I wont hold back and tell you exactly what I think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well written...

...but depressing. Hard to like any of the characters, even if they are being true to themselves. Martin is the most sympathetic, but he's painted as a clueless git. Ah well.

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotabout 11 years ago
Your story says: "She was not responsible for his happiness."

Isn't that what marriage is supposed to be all about? You're supposed to put the other person first!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very unrealistic

Yes, she was not responsible for his happiness after she left. But she was responsible for his unhappiness e.g. if she had talked to her husband when she recognized she had feelings for Tom and had sought counseling or fought for her marriage she would not have been the heartless whore who broke her wedding vows and killed her husband. She was simply a c*nt who chose to be a f*ck toy for another man and blow off trying to save her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

She killed him she was a selfish whore me first and her shitty kids, not theirs they betrayed him in a heartbeat, knifed him in the back, you (Peacekeeper25)being the little bitch whore that you are let her off the hook- fuck you you're a dickless piece of shit and FUCKING LOUSY EXCUSE for a writer. Don't ever write anything again MINUS 50000000 for your score

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 8 years ago
Pretty sucky story.

Fucking sluts (wife and daughter) both need their pussies sewn shut after having a rat shoved into them to eat it's way out.

Seventhsun8258Seventhsun8258about 6 years ago
Martin is a quitter

He quit on his marriage long ago, he took his wife for granted, it seems he never faced any real adversity and has a heart attack because his wife had an affair. Pride killed him, ego killed him. He laid down and quit and left his misery on earth for others to suffer it. I have no sympathy for suicides. With all the lives cut short every day, 2 year old kids dying of leukemia, Cancer patients in stage 4 and still laugh and smile, normal healthy people finding out they have tumors and will die in 5 years and still go on living and fighting every day. Pain and loss? what about the thousands of mothers and fathers that bury sons and daughters every day? They go on they try and a small piece of happiness and build on it.

Martin was responsible for his own life, we owe to ourselves to pursue happiness it is our god given fucking right. Martin should have sought professional help found solace in the company of friends and family and found someone better. That would would have been the ultimate payback. The only payback in fact.

Mankind has been facing and overcoming adversity for millions of fucking years, fighting for it's very right to exist and weeding out weak genes that hold us back. Sorry to be cold but Martin's death was natural selection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Observations

I think this piece was very well written and did a terrific job of developing the characters. I felt, however, that the ending was a bit rushed and was disappointed that Tom didn't expect/demand more of her. I was hoping that he was going to require her to take sexual risks to bring excitement to her mundane existence. Have her remove clothing in the park, have sex in public, etc. As I said, it was well written but it left me wanting more. This seems better served for Cosmo or Readers a Digest than Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
at the funeral?

They compliment he mother on Tom at the guys funeral???? How sick!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

With any luck, Tom has a stroke the day after Martin's funeral, leaving him partially paralized and drooling out the corner of his mouth. Let Catherine take care of him for the same amount of time she had the affair, than he has a heart attack and dies. When Catherine goes into a deep state of depression, the ungrateful daughter can be her care giver.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another older woman trying to regain her youth. No thought of who she hurts. At the funeral she would have been shunned not complimated, people knew him not the boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Too long, very sad, both bf and ex wife also his daughter all wanted him dead, wife was happy till br showed up and sowed the seed of what she had missed over the years, not so much missed because she had love with her husband. Daughter resented dad because he was not able to appreciate all she wore, most. daughters have that at some point be it mum or dad. They had enjoyed their life till she told mum to do it. The lover made all the moves and encouraged her to cheat for over a year. He was calculating cruel and decisive even to his actions at the graveside . He died of a broken heart which they caused…

olblueyesolblueyes10 months ago

a real bodice puller for women,,,oh woe is me, he didnt take care of my needs, its not my fault, i deserve to be happy!! hey! i just come here to get turned on,,,not get a sermon!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous