All Comments on 'Talla's Fallen Temple Ch. 06'

by xtorch

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Amazing, keep the good work coming.

Mike8320Mike8320almost 12 years ago

There are obvious plot questions such as "Who exactly are Talla's parents", "What is the Preistess' consipiracy trying to accomplish", "How will they topple the temple" and "When will Talla and Zhair'lo reunite?" which are sure to be addressed in this story. Beyond that, however; here are some thoughts that I have been pondering about some of the background information and what the story might touch on. I submit this not searching for answers or hoping you'll take my suggestions, but rather to provide some feedback as to what one reader is pondering after re-reading the stories for at least the second or third time. Also, it gives me an excuse to hash through this story that I'm obsessed with.

Sisterhood:

-What special rights (beyond attending a trial) does sisterhood grant?

-Is sisterhood used as a political tool for advancemant, getting good assignments, etc.?

-How often does one have sisters outside one's division? Could they meet to talk (and plot) at the pool in the goddess' triangle?

Monogamy

-How often does this occur?

-Will we learn the story behind Tina's Monogamy charge?

-Will we meet Tina's man? Can he (and others like him) be recruited by "The Movement"?

-It seems Kenji may have been involved in Monogamy. Have we met his woman? (I know who I want it to be; not Tina)

Temple Advancement:

-What kind of hurdles does one need to clear to advance?

-How much are politics, sisterhood, or relationships are involved?

-What is the timeframe/levels for having kids? Could it be a requirement to advance up a level to keeper/acolyte/high officer?

-What does a "rising star" look like? Are Shanata, Maksa, and Talla rising stars? Is one groomed from above?

Miscellaneous:

-What is Shananta's story?

-Will you have people attend the regular Bazaar of Form?

-Do you get more coins the higher your rank and/or more important your job (child tending instead of laundry)? Do people get bribed?

-I love the metaphor of the board game that mirrors temple life. Great foreshadowing tool. Is the game close enough to reality that strategy can be learned for overthrowing the temple from it?

-Are there any secret passages into or out of the Temple? Oddly placed wells and buildings have been noted as well as an aqueduct.

-Does Talla have a special, innate ability to understand engineering beyond just being a quick study?

-Life seems to be much more difficult out on the mysterious frontier. If Doctors (Sweetness) and Warriors (Form) are assigned out there, what about Engineers (Endowment)?

PS - Well I had typed this out to post on the end of the last chapter, but now there is a new chapter which already address a few of the things I was curious about, especially monogamy. I am posting it anyway because much of it is still relevant. Keep up the great work; I'm eagerly anticipating the next chapter.

cryforhelpcryforhelpalmost 12 years ago
Divisions and disciplines

I seem to have some trouble remembering which discipline exist and what their purpose is, and I can't seem to find it.

Here is an incomplete list, would somebody please copy it and fill it out and/or correct it:

Form

- Tight

- Facial

-

Sweetness

- Pussy

- Lips

-

Endowment

- Abundance

- Point

-

xtorchxtorchalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Appendix, huh?

Divisions: Sweetness, Endowment, Form

Disciplines

Sweetness: Within, Lips, Pussy

Endowment: Abundance, Point, Strength

Form: Iron, Tight, Facial

Within: Administration, Medical, Teaching

Lips: Medical Research

Pussy: Genealogy, Medical, Nursery

Abundance: Engineering/Admin

Point: Engineering

Strength: Test Engineering, Regulation

Iron: Protocol and Law, Admin, Military

Tight: Enforcement, Miltary

Facial: Art, Music, Dance, Clothing

Hope this helps. :-)

Yes, I will publish an appendix. I promise. Eventually.

Xavier

Mike8320Mike8320almost 12 years ago
@Cryforhelp

What you're missing:

Iron - Form

Within - Sweetness

Stength - Endowment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Nice to see another chapter

Thanks for putting another chap up. Nice to see the story getting there.

gogreengogreenalmost 12 years ago
hooked like other brillant story it's nots to read an other goood story that well thoughtout and has greatdepth.

interesting story

liek other i have many questions but i'l lsit back and read and wait for now.

thanks.

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenover 11 years ago

My favorite characters and stories are the ones where the storyteller describes rather than tells us something, and lets us realize what we're being told on our own.

Like, some stories would harp on "Talla is very powerful," and really work very hard to convince us of that, probably by repeating it a lot.

Xtorch instead describes Talla as feeling different from other girls, and we get to watch as she starts to discover and use those differences... to become powerful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxtorch@xtorch
The next chapters of "Two Hundred Dollars More" are up on the Patreon page for anyone subscribing to the $1 tier. https://www.patreon.com/xaviertorch I'm currently also working on the third novel in the Talla's Temple series. My first novel is Talla's Temple. I know, it co...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES