All Comments on 'Tell Me Why'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 204 Comments
beetle_221beetle_221about 19 years ago
Damn, Man

How do you do it?

Every couple of days, I find a new story by you that is well written, and hits home very hard.

How do you keep coming up with great story ideas?

I wish I had you ability and your imagination.

Please keep up the fine work.

Regards

beetle

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
BORING

A silly soap opera.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
not bad

ok story.

hmm, the main weak part to me, is that the guys - wes and bil - got off too lightly. it seems obvious they set Jen up: got her soused, had their "sober" driver(whose wife just 'happens' to be out of town), and used her while drunk. bil tried to get 'his share' at the next party.

and why did they go to the next party anyway? clearly there were no real freinds at these. no one spoke out for Jen or tried to protect her at the first 'party'. and bil's revelation in the basement clearly reveals that many knew what was going on then, and what was planned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
wagon tongue

He is still a wimp and she is still a slut. They might as well make up becausew they deserve each other.

This is hardly in the usual H D K league!!!

loves oral wifeloves oral wifeabout 19 years ago
Possibly the least erotic story I've read here.

Makes me wonder why macho guys who long for Victorian marriages are trolling for hot sex stories. Isn't there a Dr. Laura site where this story would be more suitable?

Taliban Mike sure seemed as if he'd be happier if he'd murdered the pair. How could anyone be happily married to such a tight-assed control freak?

enovelistenovelistabout 19 years ago
Great Story

Although I did think that Mike went a little over the top with his verbal attack on Jen after she confessed, none the less he is my kind of guy.

His love for his wife was the "real glue" that held the story together. His need to kick the shit out of the interloper was another good thing.

I liked the way the author told his story even though the story line is a very common one in erotica tales. There were some humorous comments where they needed to be put in order to make the story more "alive" and believable.

Some readers may not like the "and they lived happily ever after"...but it does fit this story very nicely.

Good job.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Good but not great

as for the comments of "loves oral wife" this stories is about 1000% better than any of the crap that he writes, Your characters are more believable and the motives for the responses flow from the characters.

There is a place for fantasy but even there the actions of a character should flow from the character, which in his stories doesn.t happen

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeabout 19 years ago
Another Great One

I am a sucker for an "all's well that ends well" story such as this.

Good job HDK.

Gary

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardabout 19 years ago
Really Really Good....

The first time I read this I didn;t know what to think....then I reread it and something started to click.

Then I read the commnets and *gasp* an "Anonymous" makes sense! It seems that there might be a 'pack' of P***y hounds in their town.

And for once in a LONG time (too long) a wife 'cheats' (though i think she was more raped) and then *double gasp* tells her husband right away! And she's remorsefull! WOW!!

The ONLY problem I had with this tale, Bill knows that Wes got the crap kicked out of him, and he TRIES TO GET HER IN BED STILL?!?!? Now I jsut checked again and there is no description of her being a goddess but man, no piece of SOMEONE ELSE'S ASS is worth an ass beating. And he KNEW what would happen as can be seen with his reaction when Mike shows up!

But that didn't drag the story down for me... still give it a 5, You are one of the best on her Harddaysknight

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
a great story ..

This was a great story of a woman trust, a man doubts after being told the truth. His rejection of his wife, His taking action with Wes. Her nursing him back to health, changing jobs and being good to hi. His regonition of this moving back into the bed room. Then his trust of letting her to the party alone. The scene at the party and her actions within earshot told him of how he could now trust her. I loved it.

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
a great story ..

This was a great story of a woman trust, a man doubts after being told the truth. His rejection of his wife, His taking action with Wes. Her nursing him back to health, changing jobs and being good to hi. His regonition of this moving back into the bed room. Then his trust of letting her to the party alone. The scene at the party and her actions within earshot told him of how he could now trust her. I loved it.

SalamisSalamisabout 19 years ago
I'm still waiting for the "Why"

After the first reading of this story I completely understood how Mike could feel so very, very angry. The idea of calling this indescretion 'a mistake' seemed to trivialize her actions.

And then I re-read the story a second...and then a third time. (Hey, a really good story demands such attention). By defintion an error in judgment or perception is a mistake. That Jen used the very first opportunity to tell Mike face to face nailed it for me. While the actions were regrettable there was honest remorse. She made a mistake of impaired judgement, alcohol related. She started to tell her husband the 'why' of the matter and he cut her off. He was concerned with the 'who' and the 'how'...and just the facts. Were we to have heard her explain her actions to another woman we would have gotten the the 'why'. Which brings me to my only criticism of this outstanding story.

Adultery is a community matter as witnessed by the newfound male attention this wife receieved at the next party. I doubt the women would have been as flattering. So I would ask that you please add more women your plots in the future. Then perhaps we would know the 'why' of Jen's actions.

phoenix764phoenix764about 19 years ago
Missing just a little

This is a great story, but it is missing some things. Mike should have had his wife tell Wes's wife about the affair - all the details. Wes's wife deserves to know that her husband lies and cheats on her. Wes is risking her health ( and life) by his actions. Mike should also make Jen volunteer to be a witness for Wes's wife in case she decides to divorce him. Mike should have had Jen tested for disease every month, for at least six months BEFORE having unprotected sex with her. They should have also gone to marriage counselling to either work out their issues, or decide to call it quits. It takes a long time, if ever to rebuild trust. Lastly, Mike and Jen should have gone to Bill's wife/girlfriend (if he had one) at the party, and explain exactly what Bill did ( almost attempted rape). In this case the marriage did survive a single mistake. Marriages with long affairs are much more difficult to rescue, if at all.

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 19 years ago
Another excellent story by one of the masters

First, as usual you got comments from the macho-male chest beaters. I sympathize with their feelings, but wish they would return to the real world.

I had a problem or two with the story. The first was the way hubby blew off his wife's trying to explain what AND WHY things happened. She was up front and in obvious pain. His reaction showed me a rather dense male who had little understanding that no one is perfect, even he and his wife. The wife got taken, and I agree it was rape. She did say no, and I was left to wonder and conjecture who was feeding her the drinks. In a world where the female is invariably smaller and less able to defend herself physically she is at risk when with a predator. And the way those dainty little maids are wired, pushing the right buttons (if she is properly anaesthesized) will get her to responding physically, even to a rape.

Hmm, wonder if Kanga40 will be all over me for that?

Nothing in the story supports this being a planned seduction by two or more guys, or that it was part of the community ethos (even for the one party). I'm sure what brought it to mind was that the commenators read a lot of erotica. Certainly that is a common thread in many stories.

As usual HDK you gave us the emotion we were looking for. As we discussed in the past, the sex must fit the story and this story didn't need any. It might have weakened the story if you had included any.

But back to what bothered me: Hubby over-reacted so badly I almost lost all respect for him. Certainly I understood and could sympathize with his emotions, all of them. But then from a disgustingly unfeeling clod he morphs into a man who actually feels something besides his own pain. It didn't really fit.

One last thing, it was wonderful to see cloth used properly. Cloth and clothe have become so often confused it's become a trademark on erotic sites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
pretty good

I think the story is well writen but I also was left wondering why. The husband's questions seemed lame. He was nore interested in who came then in why she slept with him.

Overall a good story but I like most come on these sites to read a sexy story or two. It hard to capture the emotions of this situation in a short piece like this.

Aussie BardAussie Bardabout 19 years ago
What made it real for me

was the point he described himself and his insecurities. His loss of trust in her was secondary to his loss of faith in himself. His only way of restabishing that self esteem was to have it out with his challenger, Wes. Remember the guy worked on construction sites where one learns quickly to look after himself or go under. Last man standing wins worked for him. Once that was over he had re-established himself as an alpha male and the real healing began. His anger and earlier actions towards his wife were out of character for him. He recognised that in himself and once he felt better about himself he started to forgive her. Fear will make us do many things that are out of character for us in less stressful times. That he was afraid for his future is understandable. Top story but (there's always a but) I think he would have re-inforced his place in Jen's life by letting Bill know to stay out of his way in the future. The word would soon spread leave her alone or risk a beating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Need more like this

Struck me as very believable. The author captured the emotions that any trusting husband would have. These type stories are far more interesting than the usual "I was so turned on by another man ......... Good job, write more like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
No good reason, so the story dies.

This quote from the story says it all"

"Why did you confess to me?" I asked more gently. "Why didn't you keep it a secret?"

"I knew I would go crazy with guilt, Mike. The only way I can survive this horrible mistake is to get you to forgive me and love me again. I pray you can!" Jen replied passionately.

It is the real answer to the situation.

Did she say;

Because I am sorry for what I did? NO

Because I am sorry for cheating on you? NO

Because I know I did the wrong thing? NO

No, because the only reason she is telling him is so she won't have to feel guilty. How flattered he should be by that reasoning, not one thought for his feelings, NOT ONE!

So, from that instant, it was pointless continuing with her. He should have packed up and found himself a good woman to finish his life with, not this cheating slut.

DeadWouldDeadWouldabout 19 years ago
Rape?

The cheater clearly says:

"He wanted me to suck his cock, but I wouldn't. I wasn't that certain I even wanted to be with him, but he was persistent and I was weak. It is not an excuse, I know. His cock was very similar to yours. I even remember thinking to myself that most men must have about the same equipment," answered Jen.

In which world is 'not certain I wanted to be with him' amount to rape? Does she say she said "NO"?

Not in the story I read, but maybe the venerable Troubador read some other story.

Also the husband, as the 'injured party' had every right to the information he wanted at that time. If he didn't want the fully embellished longhand version, he fucking well didn't want it.

Why would he care about the why? The woman obvioulsy has no feelings for him - as pointed out in a post below 'no good reason'.

Why are so many of you picking on the poor author?

He wrote a good story - realistic reactions no matter how much some pompous asses dislike those reactions.

Write more HDK. More of these stories with men, not wimps, in them. Forget the politically correct assholes.

chezshirecatchezshirecatabout 19 years ago
Not bad, HDK

As always you came up with another great story. I don't think it's your best -- I would have liked to have seen more explanation from the wife and her feelings to clear up some questions I had when all was said and done, but you really know how to pull out the emotion in a story like this. Looking forward to your next one...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Commendable Work - Real Male Emotions

Nice work author - you are appreciated for your talent and your theme of reality and consequence. Like many men, I've been there and done that (had a cheating wife). I'm sure many reactions in anger and reaction can be second guessed as I have my own. To be clear, I found his non-physical reactions and angry words entirely reasonable and justified thoughout the story. The others quote non-reality without experience.

Also, it is difficult to tell a short story in two pages and address every nit picking detail the Monday morning commentators can bring up (myself included).

Interesting that I am more comfortable with your story than I am with several other comments as well.

The "how" was asked with no detailed concluded response allowed from her because it was beginging to sound like a justification reiteration which was very painful for him (the drinking, the 44 year old woman getting enjoyed flitation and attention - this after her earlier admission of the kiss at the door, when he "persuaded" her to let him in and then have sex in his marital bed).

The "why" is clear in her "how" description isn't it! She never said no except to cock sucking. She wan't sure but he was persistent (She never said no to fucking in his bed). The why is clear - just pieced out. Read the story people!

He seemed to let her back into his heart more because he felt better about himself after the fight, perhaps also for hearing her say the word "sorry" for the first time (but only after seeing him so beaten up).

We will never know if she would have confessed had not so many of thier mutual associates saw what transpired (as did Bill). So, Mike placated himself in large part and it remains to be seen whether she will really honor his trust longterm.

KUDO's author - I appreciate your time, efforts and "Story Teller" talents especially in this theme of reality and consequence. It's refreshingly entertaining - Best Regards

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Anonymous makes some great points

Sadly, it's difficult to distinguish Anonymous from Anonymous.

I have problems with her. She didn't say she was sorry for doing it. Clearly she knows it was wrong or she wouldn't be upset. She also committed a second egregious act - she told him for a horrible reason: I can't take the guilt alone so I decided to hurt you and put the burden on you to make me feel better. In other words, I did something to hurt you and I'm going to compound it. If you are going to confess, you do it to try to salvage a valuable relationship that clearly has problems that you have exacerbated. You don't do it to make yourself feel better. That's extremely selfish.

It would have been nice to know why but he didn't let her try to tell why because she wasn't telling. She was making excuses to make it seem less serious and to, again, make herself feel better. If she was feeling her age, how long had she been feeling it and how many other times had she considered cheating to handle that problem? Had she been actively been looking to make herself feel younger? These questions make it obvious that HDK nailed it by calling it spin and she was going to avoid to the best of her ability telling him whatever the real reason was. By her own account she made very little effort to prevent it from happening.

Did he go over the top with her? Absolutely not. With the combination of 1) she cheated, 2) tried to spin away her responsibility, 3) didn't say she was sorry, 4) told him only to lessen her feelings of guilt, that was an incendiary mix. Change one or two of the last 3 items and his reaction would probably have been more muted. I'm not saying he would have welcomed her back with open arms, but he would not have had the additional reasons for anger.

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
Another Good Story with REAL Emotions!

Great Job HDK! It was real for me. I understood where he was coming from. His shaken faith in himself, his insecurities, man that was real! His fight with Wes, now this is something I would do myself no matter if I got my ass beat or not. At least the fucker would know where I stood! His wife was pretty much taken advantage of but she let him in the house. I do wish you would have let her tell her side before she was cut off. Now this guy is no wimp and is more inline to reactions of a real man/husband that has found out his wife has betrayed him. This sense of loss at that moment in so many facets would be totaly overwelming

and brought on almost instant nausea.

Thanks for a real story! I don't understand some of the comments here! Obviously they have no clue as to what real reactions would be! To those go eat your cuckold creampie!

Kudos!!!!

As always Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
another great story

another great story from a top writter. This one is very real a real show of emotions and all it takes to put a marriage back together again. very well written.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
another great story

another great story from a top writter. This one is very real a real show of emotions and all it takes to put a marriage back together again. very well written. Thanks for writting these types of stories for us. It shows how things really in a good marriage, no winps, guilt and alot of work to regain trust.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
A nice story

I liked this story. Nicely written with real emotion by realistic characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
No Cuckhold He

It's nice to read a story that doesn't turn the husband into a drooling cuckhold, especially when it is well written and the emotions and doubts are allowed to show.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Change of mind

I see nothing incongruous about his changing his mind. Once he had time to think about what was really important to him he decides his wife, mother of his children, is the most immportant factor in his life.

Surely we have all thought one thing while we were angry but another thing days afterward when we thought about it more calmly!

I can easily see the anger overriding any desire to hear anything about why!

You can notice this in simple arguments.

Bill hitting on his wife when he knew he could get his ass kicked?? Alcohol can make you ten feet tall and HORNY! And stupid!

Great story, HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
The husband is evil

Once in twenty years and the wife voluntarily confessed. The husband way over reacted. All his self-serving comments do not change that. She should have gotten a restraining order and kicked jealous bastard’s ass out of the house.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Good

I really liked it the husband wasn't some pussy who took his wife back after 2 seconds To the one who says the husband is "evil" how would you react if your spouse cheated on you? The husband's reaction seemed pretty normal if you ask me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
The emotions are real

Like the other stories you have written this has real emotions. Your writing is excellent and I hope to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I've read this several times

so I guess I should finally comment on it.

This story does a great job of bringing out the emotions on both sides. It was an epiphany for him to realize that she was hurting as much as he was!

She made a mistake. He could shoot her, I mean "They Shoot Horses don't they?"

This was a nicely balanced story that had an appropriate ending.

Great job as always!

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 18 years ago
Nope

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having the cheater pay and suffer for his/her actions but this guy went WAY over the top for a mistake on his wife's part. Yeah sure, she should have thought before getting drunk, yeah sure she didn't use her brain too much, yeah sure if she wasn't that sure she wanted to be with the guy she still could have said a resounding NO....BUT...still it doesn't excuse her husband for the abuse he imparted on her.

I understand he was hurt, I understand he was insecure...I can eve understand his anger (to a degree) but his treatment of her is making him appear even worse than anything she could have done.

Sorry HDK you're a wonderful writer but you truly missed the coach with this one.

No hard feelings

grtguyintxgrtguyintxover 18 years ago
Good story

For those of you that think the husband was way to hard on his wife, i have to say that you are wrong. Cheating is cheating, it doesn't matter if its a one night stand or an affair that lasted for years, it hurts just the same. Those of you that feel that the husband was way to hard on his wife, why don't you put yourself in the husband's shoes. How would you feel if YOUR husband/wife cheated on you. Would it matter if it was just a one night stand or and affair that lasted for days, weeks, months, years. You would be hurt just the same, although the hurt MIGHT be worse if the affair lasted alot longer, but it would hurt just the same. She cheated and betrayed him, period. Good story author. At least you didn't have the husband take her back within hours or days, instead it took months so that makes it more believable.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Thought provoking

I just reread this story again and I have to disagree with many of the commenters. Of course the wife was taken advantage of, she was drunk and in the hands of a predator. BUT, she was a grown woman, a grown, intelligent woman and she shouldn't have traveled the road that led to her seduction. She made poor choices.

Did Mike go overboard in his reaction? I'm not sure, but I think I can understand how devastated he felt, how the trust he had in her was destroyed. He described his devotion, his love, for his wife. All of that was wiped out in short order. Did anyone expect him to rationally consider his wife's point of view at the time? I think not. He reacted viscerally, he reacted as a frail, human, devastated mate.

I liked the ending, I thought it appropriate. I thought the story excellent and thought provoking. Thanks to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow

As always I loved your stories, but I can't understand some comments left. They call this husband cruel and evil. Why? He didn't beat her or was unfaithful to her. He didn't consider a divorce. He worked hard to save the marriage, but the author realistically portrayed the feelings of betrayal. As a wife who stood by an unfaithful spouse, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to smash the plate which held his dinner over his head. You move forward, but there is a lot of pain and anger. There is NO trust and it will take a long, long time to regain it--if ever. I found this story to be realistic and very believable. Kudos to the author. Wish I could have been bitchslap the hussy that interfered in my marriage...BUT damn it, she was too tall and I would have had to jump over and over to reach her.

Call me shorty

ohioohioalmost 18 years ago
one of your strongest stories

Not all your commenters think so, but I do:

--the husband's reaction to her confession was very intense and powerful, and believable. No, he didn't question her gently and allow her to explain everything carefully. He exploded with pain, with anger, with hurt feelings! It seemed very plausible to me.

--the husband's words at various points in the story, describing how his sense of trust in his wife and confidence in himself as an attractive husband and lover had been lost, were very moving and very well expressed--again, very plausible.

--finally, the realization that the husband has, near the very end of the story, about what his wife has been feeling--how she hasn't had the release of a fight with Wes, how there's been no escape for her from the pain and the guilt--that was very loving, and made the end of the story moving and convincing.

Certainly not HDK's funniest story, and I don't think the husband was necessarily one of his most likeable characters, but the guy was realistic in his emotional responses, and (in the end) loving to his wife, able to get past his own emotions and respond lovingly to hers.

Thanks as always to HDK for a terrific story--nobody does them better.

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great NOT

Have you ever written a story where the husband is not a wimp?

Why didn't you just have the husband invite the other asshole into bed with them ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
sort of wimpishly lame

story's okay, but the macho guy's really a wimp inside,,,

with all the talks and reflections about trust, betrayal, etc., ultimately the character didn't "cut" his losses only because he is INSECURE: wife's too attractive and if let her go, he doesn't believe he'd find another woman as "attractive" as she was,,, that's what made him asked all sorts of questions like,

how many times did you orgasm with him? did you suck him? how big was he? it's quite stupid, really,,,,a shallow man with a shallow woman,,,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I am so weak. I was drinking and didnt know to

say NO! This is the most lame excuse I ever heard. A woman alone at a party drinks to much knowing she is alone and wont be able to drive home. Ask a man to drive her home. Kisses him on the doorstep. Allows him into the house and into her bed room. Has sex with him and does not say no enough to qualify as him taking her against her will. And then its not her fault. Give me a break. And then the husband wants to put her back in the same scenario and see how she handles it. Well of course she is trying to get into hubbys graces so she wont make the same mistake twice, at least not so quick. Never forget, a cheater is a cheater and always will be a cheater. It is in the personality if not in the genetic structure. Only opportunity and an excuse is needed. Never take a cheater back. It would be one thing if she hadnt chose to get drunk and to allow the man in and then to have sex with her, but she did, her acts speak louder than words, why who cares why she did that is all that matters.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 17 years ago
Yes, she did wrong....

....but this is a far cry from a certain other story I read recently, where the wife has no contrition and no intentions of dropping her lover...and worse, plans to impose a double standard on her husband (i.e. demand fidelity from him, but refuse him her fidelity). This wife didn't do that. Or give to her one-night stand what she denied to her husband. What's more, she showed remorse and a willingness to kiss her husband's ass to make up for it. She was willing to make amends. She was flawed. She was human. She did something wrong. And she knew that. Didn't try to justify it. Didn't try to excuse it. Not the same thing as the other wife. The difference between her and the other wife is like night and day. I could forgive Jen. I might not forget. I'd demand a serious penance. But I could forgive her. I couldn't forgive Susan from the other story. I'd divorce Susan immediately, with her attitude. And I would use a PI to get the evidence needed to improve my chances. But not Jen. I would be tough on her. I would insist on a sacrifice, a gesture or two of genuine remorse and regret, but I would forgive her. And I'd want counseling. There is definitely a difference, and that doesn't make me a wimp. A wimp would tolerate Susan's conduct, which I wouldn't.

Very well told, realistic, and likeable characters too. Even the cheating wife. Her sorrow and remorse were real. Palpable. Very human.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Why never matters, a person of morals and ethics

never has a problem saying no and acting on it. The only thing that matters is what: lying; disrespect; infidelity; betrayal; humiliation; adultry; whoring; prostitution: placing ones health in harms way. All of those things matter, way isnt really important. Even mental illness causing slutty behavior isnt really important, just the fact a wife has no morals or ethics is important. Safe Sane Censensual sex requires both partners agree ahead and act with an agreed upon framework is the only acceptable why.

ralphcralphcalmost 17 years ago
good story

but ditto phoenix764. now the troubadore"s reply was (from a dr.) outrageous. his comments are disturbing in that they seem to reveal a disturbed mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Troupador? said hubby over reacted, sorry hubby

underreacted. He should have divorced the wife. She was by herself at a party. She drank to much and got drunk, that in itself is a very immature act. Then she lets a man who flirts with her take her home and no one at the party suggest otherwise. She lets the man into her home. She gets fucked, whether it is actually rape or not the wife has already committed so many immature mistakes that directly lead up to the act. Let me put it this way, and I am a swinger with my wife, if my wife had done this she would be on the way to a divorce and under medical testing for a large variety of diseases for a long period of time. Whether she went to the party intending to cheat or not, she actually did nothing to prevent cheating, and could have stopped it at many points in the timeline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I have tried to like your stories but you always

put the guy back in bed with a cheater when he doesnt deserve it. Marriage is great, a contract between two people. It can be broken at any time by either person not living up to the ocntract. This woman is a slut, planned or not a slut. She broke the contract. Time to recycle. You cant make a silk purse out of a hogs ear.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
It doesnt matter why! It only matters the other

cannot stay true to the marriage. Alcohol drinking is a choice, placing yourself in a position to betray is a choice, being with the wrong person is a choice, having bareback sex is a choice, getting divorced is a choice. This husband needs to make the right choice and divorce her. Trash is trash, if you cant trust your life mate, you are married to trash, always throw out the trash. If they arent mature enough to make correct choices then they are to immature to be married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
a fool

Made a fool out of another man in your story your story are all the same.

hawkeye007hawkeye007about 15 years ago
Realistic...

I liked this story. Usually, I am of the set the bitch on fire school of thought. However, she did confess and was truly remorseful. I think if I were in his shoes and she was worth keeping I would consider forgiving her, trusting her is another matter. No matter how you look at it, their relationship will never be the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
AH JEEZ . . .

ANUDDER FEM WRITTEN CHAUVINIST MACHO MAN STORY. Get with it puta, you cain't write from a real man's POV anymore than any other PUTA. Give it up !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
What obamanation said

whatever it was

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Crap

It was rape. It amazes me how many male posters on this site seem to have absolutely no concept of rape laws. Real simple solution; she was drunk, said she didn't want to but he was stronger... husband makes her file rape charges or throws her out of the house. Guy either gets 7 years, or his name ruined and leaves town. It's called taking responsibility for one's actions... it's called consequences.

ProxyAccountProxyAccountover 13 years ago
Not So Simple

The problem is that there's going to be witnesses indicating that she willingly did things with Wes (i.e. Bill) and no witnesses to her protestations that she said no. She did not call police to report the rape and there was no vaginal swab. Criminal convictions are based upon reasonable doubt. Wes would walk. The only good thing is that his marriage would be over. Of course, his marriage would be over if the protagonist pulled his head out of his ass and had Jen contact the wife and let her know what happened.

The most irritating thing about these stories is the stupidity of the characters, both wives and husbands.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
So Wes Stevens gets off with a banged up head....

Mike should have insisted that his wife confess to her lover's wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Rumors

He needed to yank Bill out of the bathroom and threaten to beat him severely if he spread rumors about his wife.

If Bill said - 'Wes Said', he would tell him it was the story of a bragging, lying asshole and it better stop or the beatings would be ferocious!

Still, she did take Wes all the way to their bedroom - she had to have had some premonitions that she ignored?

archimedes03archimedes03over 12 years ago

DWornock - young - old, I don't understand your comments.

5 ***** from me

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoronic is a certified pedophile

the initials 'DW' usually means 'das kinder wanker' - the damn pedo comments all over this site, spreads like an STD

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
The last commentor has made a good point and opened up a question

Dworcuck, are you a pedophile? Your comments lead all of us to wonder. The problem is that with you continued insistance of 'old hide' it wouldn't matter what you say in response. We just all know that you are looking for someone that is what, 11 maybe 12 years old? Maybe even younger? You won't find that here. I suggest you search for it elsewhere.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE

and then have another partner. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
So she only fucked him once (????)

This author writes some very good stories but, unfortunately, the majority are stories that are targeted on humiliating a husband.

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 12 years ago
The story had the ring of truth.

You just don't give up after a slip up, but you don't forgive and forget immediatly either. I liked that he dictated the terms of reconciliation, and that the fight with Wes gave him some release. I also like the understanding that the wife was still on edge, even after the fight. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
perhaps

It may have been already said, I didn't read all the comments. But Wes got off to easy. Yes Mike fought and protected his manhood. Good. Mike also needed to make Jen go to Wes' house and tell his wife what they did, and apologize to her. Then she will know (if she doesn't already) what kind of man Wes is. Her reaction to the news would have been interesting, especially if she slapped Jen in front of Mike.

I don't have an issue with the reconcile, Jen immediately came forward, which to me showed strength albeit too late. Mike worked through it, and Jen complied with all his demands if that is the right word, and showed him she was sorry for her weakness. Very plausible reconciliation.

Excellent story HDK

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Interesting methods here -

Pain for both - resolved for him in a straight forward way - but certainly not for her until the very end .

The route is hard I suspect but HDK seems to have developed and insight - that works for me - even if I would have issues going down that road - he is not writing my biography here -

Nicely written,

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Excellent Story

I seemed to have missed it the first time around. I should try to pan some more gold in the HDK and DGHear streams! I have read everything by Denham Forest at least three times....

Very good, careful analysis of a possible catharsis and reconciliation, done in a very convincing manner. The number of commentators who felt that Mike over-reacted really floored me. I wonder if they swallowed easily similar behaviour from their spouses?

TU HDK B22

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

No respect for a guy who doesn't tell the other wife that she got cheated on too. You are a great writer and I love your stories, but it seems like the absolute right thing to do and it is not even thought of or brought up. That's disappointing!!!

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
who the fucx r u people

slip up, mistake, a boo boo,its just sex, she fucks around you dump her ass and get another if you want one,we can still be friends? what the hell is it a hallmark card? No its an adult marraige and wen the law is broken its over like cancer sure you can cure it but it never goes away one day it comes back and this cunt that a lot of you seem to want to forgive is a "once a cheater always a cheater"- their bed,knows not pregnant,no fucking condom,didn't take much to get her to fuck, and yes its a wimp male character because all she has to do is cry and bam shes the love of my life..really grow a pair of fucking balls you piss-ant male character-and some of you readers-std babies respect she failed at all these.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
It began to dawn on me that Jen had been suffering as much,

or possibly more, than I had been.

Bwahahaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
reconcilliation worked

only because she truly loved him. Only happened once, she confessed her guilt, quit her job, replaced the bed, and waited for him to be ready. She accepted all the blame, and easily resisted any other temptation. In other stories, it is easy to see when the cheating wife doesn't REALLY love her husband. In those situations, it seems mind-boggling why they would want to stay married at all. But those usually paint a picture of a woman who doesn't know what true love actually is. I imagine that while HDK was stylistically sparse on her details, she was intended to be a woman who really did love her husband. I can see him forgiving her THIS time. Now fool me twice, and well......it will be over regardless of her guilt or apology! Thanks HDK, as always, very thought provoking, as you ask the questions all men must ask themselves about their wives from time to time. Good story!

al18al18almost 11 years ago
Some Bull!

She drinks too much since hubby isn't there to hold her hand, then invites stud into their home and into her bed. Poor innocent whore. Most likely, she does the same each time under similar circumstances. The only redeaming factor is her admission,

although there may be factors she omited that forced her to disclose.

Very unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Pure Crap! Is this what your wife did to you???

HDK, have you NEVER heard women say "it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"? GET IT????

Look, HDK, in life there are some mistakes you only make once.

Kill someone.

Or f*ck another man in your husband's own damn bed!

Please don't write this sh*t anymore!

Painful as it is, there is only one answer: her ass goes to the curb!

No ifs or buts.

AND if she knew what your reaction would DEFINITELY be beforehand, she'd only f*ck around on you if divorce didn't matter to her.

PLEASE DON'T WRITE THIS SH*T ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
getting drunk excuses nothing, you have to chose to get drunk

women drunk at parties either want an orgy or a gangbang otherwise they would have sense enough not to get drunk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Why

Why do women use being drunk as an excuse for cheating? As most guys will tell you (unless he is a rapist), if a woman doesn't want to have sex with some random guy she meets at a bar or party, then it doesn't happen, drunk or not. No matter how attentive or charming a guy is, or how drunk she is, if she doesn't want him she will tell him to fuck off at some point of the night. If she invites him into her house for sex it's because she chooses to do it. If she is so drunk that she doesn't know she is having sex, then she is being raped. If she participates its because she wants it to happen. If drink has that effect on you, then you would have learned that fact when you were a teenager, in which case, you don't go to a party without your husband, you don't spend the night flirting with another man, and you don't have sex with him unless you want exactly that. Alcohol is not an automatic door opener for a woman's legs, nor is it an all access pass to pussy. It's just a weak excuse for cheaters!

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
No excuse

Alcohol does not excuse cheating! We learn pretty early on what effect drink has on us. If getting drunk makes you an easy lay you learn that pretty quickly in your drinking career. If your in a relationship you don't go to a party solo and get drunk unless you want to get laid by someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A great tale

More of this please! The story is of forgiveness. The wife was remorseful and timely in her confession. Her reluctance to give hubby the name of her aggressor was only to protect her husband from jail. It had to be hard to forgive her transgression but it was the right thing to do in this case. It is true that alcohol is no excuse for cheating, but it does make it easier. She must have had thoughts of having some strange and the alcohol lowered her inhibitions. That said, this is a cheating wife section of Literotica. And this story fits the bill. There is little justification for cheating. but she did and had to pay a price. Should that price the destruction of a two decade-plus marriage? I don't think so. That price was the loss of respect and trust of the person that loves you the most in this world. Believe me that was a high price. The husband was very forgiving and eventually came around to trusting her again. She will be the most loving wife to him in the world from now on. HDK is the master of this type story. I appreciate him very much! *****

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
If you want to sell reconciliation -

Then amends have to be made! First you drag your wife to Wes's house and meet the family. You let Mrs. Wes know that her husband has been fucking around on her. Then you give Wes a choice, (in private) quit his job or die. If he doesn't quit his job, he gets jumped and beaten to a pulp, you have an alibi. If he goes back to work, you do it again. No matter what, your wife keeps working, cheating isn't to be rewarded with staying home and hanging out! As far as the slut wife is concerned, she personally sterilizes the bedroom, becomes your personal whore, and signs a post-nup giving everything to you in exchange for one year to make you change your mind about divorcing her. If she does not agree to any of it, divorce her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Cripes...

She 'fainted', not feinted. Vernacular and all, you know.

She ruined their marriage. The trust and commitment is over. Call it good and move on.

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 10 years ago
@anonymous of 8/13/13

You were right and wrong. Alcohol can reduce inhibitions to the point of doing something like this. However, it is not a get out of jail free card. Under normal circumstances she wouldn't even entertain the thought but these weren't her normal circumstances. When she started the B's with the spin control he called her on it. However I would not have been able to get over the disrespect she had shown. I have seen couples destroyed by less and others who stayed together and were stronger for it. Don't get me wrong they were on the brink for a long time. A lot longer than two months. They went to counseling for a long time and they swear that she (the counselor ) was some kind of witch. The total loss of trust almost did them both in. She accused her husband of cheating in front of her in-law and her entire family (who were ignorant of the whole ordeal till then) when he not only came back with proof that he wasn't but proceeded to inform everyone including the kids and their S.O.'s the he wasn't a cheater like her, but was actually buying her a diamond bracelet for their anniversary. He had to keep making payments on it. We were all sure that was the death Nell of the marriage. He walked out with the bracelet when he went home to get his things as he had finished making the payments not two days earlier. He just left the bag box and receipt. Now he was no saint but he ALWAYS kept his word. Stayed true to his vows and all but that was his breaking point. That said he showed up at the next counseling session to pay the bill and inform the therapist that he was done. She got him to talk it out and both his wife in there. If she wouldn't have come they would be divorced now. They separated for a few months where he warned her is she stepped out on him they would be in court. This was not once avian a get out of jail free card bit just some distance. They talked every day even if they just called to say good morning or good night. It took them almost four years all said to get close to where they were before the incident. He moved in after two months of staying in a motel that rented by the month as well. The kids saw home as often as they could and I believe that that helped to swing the tide. She was greatly remorsefull and let him know it in her words her actions and her interactions with everyone else.

My point here is that after seeing both sides of the coin I can't comprehend two months being all it took. Yes he beat the other guy up and took his lumps, and she showed that she was staying faithfull but still in real life it takes a whole lot more than what went on here. IMHO I am surprised but then remember that there are all kinds of people out there and this is fiction. BTW my friends both of them gave up alcohol altogether and he did give her the bracelet but did it on a different day that they both agreed was the new start of their lives together. Now they communicate without anyone else getting in the middle. If someone starts to give an opinion they both stop the person and inform him or her that they will deal with the issue together. Sometimes it worked out OK with the other person and sometimes not so OK. But they manage. Ohh my wife who is reading as I type reminds me to state that the reason they gave up alcohol was due to events and good meaning people getting involved after the incident with unsolicited advise that just kept deepening the depression that both got as a result of all this good advice. They are now still together, the man whore who helped to start the entire disaster is without one testical from his own wife having kicked him in the jewels when she found out about it.

Karma what can you say?

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
Good tale

I feel you've done a great job with how you handled their reconciliation, the predator got some badly needed hurt & being a '' normal '' man so did hubbie which I agree most probably helped Jen & Mike.

Now for you doubters, think back to a time when you really tied one on & try to see how much you can remember next day; also once started it takes a very strong person to limit their alcohol intake. Most people these days think only about drink/driving not their sexual control. Be fair. 4****

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
alcohol

Alcohol should be treated as just as much of a legitimate excuse for cheating as it is for drunk driving.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
wow

that is quite a neighborhood they live in.

I would like to know why they didn't stick around outside the door for a few hours, or at least till good old Bill's wife came looking for him.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 10 years ago
Wife had to have had some complicity

Ok. She was at the party alone. Should have not had so much to drink. Was hanging out with one person, male, in front of all of their friends. Took him home and had sex. Knew enough not to give him a blow job, so was not incapacitated. Decided for whatever reason to confess, hoping that her husband would forgive her and everything would be fine. Refused to give the man's name until she was threatened.

Now, her husband took her back but had to watch her like a hawk. He can't trust her to go anywhere without him. He can't trust her to be around other men, she's weak and susceptible to flattery. How can a man live like that? He is now a prisoner in his own life. He can't travel for work, he can't go anywhere and leave her alone. He has no life, no marriage. He is a jailer.

This individual is a very good writer. Proof of that is how upset some of the people on the comments get. I think that he writes the weak husband to mess with our heads. That's his payment for writing these little gems.

Good job, HDK.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

all believable, nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

the comments are true, a marriage like this is not a marriage. The wife was missing something in her life. Perhaps long term "one man love life" was boring, the true problem was her feeling about devotion, loyalty and trust all changed. Her guilt was not a personal issue, rather, the idea that a man other than her husband knew of the affair and would most certainly use it as blackmail. I do give her credit she was honest and accepted any consequences and continued the marriage through this punishment.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
One Small Problem

"It was a mistake. It won't ever happen again. I promise!"

But if anyone had asked her the day before if she would cheat she would have said, "It won't ever happen. I promise!"

Yet, it happened, so what are her promises worth?

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
To KarenE

I always enjoy your insightful comments.

You take these somewhat seriously don't you?

P.S. HDK another 5* story.

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago
@karenE

in all of your comments i read so far there is one thing transpiring , you don't seem to have much trust in the sisters of your gender lol

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Comments

@dyonysos – I must have been having a bad day when I first read this – I DO believe that she learned from her mistake, and there is real hope here.

@ErotFan – LOL, I know, I DO come across pretty intense sometimes! My only defense is that to me, the writers have succeeded in creating characters I believe in.

@Anonymous “Great Story” – are you krosis666 in disguise? Nowhere in the story was there any indication of any dissatisfaction with her marriage, or fear of blackmail or any of the other things you claimed. This IS a marriage, because he has accepted that he has to trust her, unlike some other stories where the wife stays even though she knows her husband no longer trusts her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What if...

What if the husband had cheated? She would have tossed his ass.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 9 years ago
Actually, anon,

statistics show women are much more likely to forgive men for cheating thant visa-versa.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
@ last anon.

Two out of three women will forgive a man for cheating.

One out of three men will forgive a woman for cheating.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 9 years ago
Hmmm... I think I think she's a bit stupid...

"He just took me in his arms and kissed me hard! He persuaded me to invite him in and the next thing I knew, we were having sex in our bed!"

Ok, so stupid action one (in the story's time line) - after a man who isn't your husband kisses you (in what is clearly a non-platonic fashion)... what the FUCK are you doing not slapping him or threatening to scream or DEFINITELY telling him there's no way in HELL he's coming INTO your house...???

"I must have had a few too many drinks and you weren't there to take care of me."

Stupid action two - are you a child or invalid...? How do you manage day to day living without him "there to take care of" you...? Not a reason just a useless excuse...

"This guy flirted with me from the time he found out you weren't coming."

Stupid action three - when a man starts paying MORE attention to you BECAUSE your husband is absent...? That's when you work HARDER at staying in control of your actions (STOP DRINKING!!) because THAT GUY you can't trust.

"I enjoyed the attention ... It felt good to have a man seem interested in me."

Stupid action four - Unless your marriage is as good as over already, the only guy you should be WANTING to "seem interested in you" is your husband. To not shut a guy like that down is to tacitly give him the green light for whatever...

"I wasn't that certain I even wanted to be with him..."

Stupid action five - you STUPID fool... what you SHOULD have been is certain that you DIDN'T want to be with him. Sheesh...

"...but he was persistent and I was weak."

Stupid action six - And was he MORE persistent than however much persistence you needed to display in order to stay married and faithful for however long you were married...? I doubt it - if sure didn't LOOK like it took him years to get into you...

Though she seems to live on stupid actions I still liked the story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not bad.

Wes snuck into Jen's pants behind his back. He should have globbered Wes in the same fashion. He should also make sure Wes's wife finds out; Wes has cheated before and will continue.

He should still beat the guy who grabbed his wife outside the bathroom. The wife should have filed charges for assault and attempted rape.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Maybe dumb ass has learned his lesson

Sends his wife to a party alone and she is taken advantage of! Reconciles, then sends her to a party alone again? Gets there in time to catch another satyr in the act. Maybe now, he'll take responsibility for looking after his wife? If not, he's too stupid to deserve her.

One thing is for sure; they need a better class of friends!

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Tell Me Why

Why didn't he go to Wes's wife and rat him out? That would have been a better punishment than assaulting Wes. If it were me, I would have had a devastating conversation with his wife, ruined their marriage and then a couple of months later, I would have tracked him, caught him alone, and hit him from behind. Nothing lethal, just excruciatingly painful. As for the wife, well, she is full of shit. She fucked because she wanted to, she didn't like it much, then got cold feet. She is just another cheater. In reality, people stay with cheaters not because they love them, not because they forgive them, but because it is just easier. Now that they know their spouse is a cheater, they don't really give a shit about them and unless they have someplace better to go, they just stay. Kind of like living with a room mate that happens to be a crappy person. You tolerate them for the sake of sharing expenses. If a better deal comes along, then you can go for it. This is how a lot of people do it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
such a hoot

HDK writes these light, humorous stories and along come the commentators who analyze them to death like ponderous German literary critics discussing phallic symbols in P. G. Wodehouse. Except these guys are reely, reely angry so maybe it's more like Marxists steamed up because Bertie Wooster is an economic parasite who needs to be liquidated when the revolution comes, da, comrades. And if you try to tell 'em that, you know, this isn't real, that it's just for fun, then that only shows that you're a running dog of cuckoldry and you need to spend some time in a re-education camp practicing two minute hates screaming "Swine, Swine, Swine" at the image of Goldstein, I mean the ex-wife... and you just want to step out of the way of the spittle and shout out "Get a grip, man! Everything is not about you and your ex-wife/old girlfriend/controlling mother/fears of women!" But this is the doom of open commenting on the internet: the obsessive always have more energy to obsess with, they will always come back, they will never shut up, they will never let anything go, they will pursue their obsessions into every corner of the virtual world. Let's face it, the day will come when every LW story in which the cheating wife is not publicly disemboweled will have 5000 furious comments. Just give them time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dear "Such a hoot"

In a somewhat lame attempt to appear esoteric you throttled your own argument. This is a porn site on the world wide web. As such it is open to any and all comers. Did it ever occur to you that people might actually enjoy dissecting a story found here? That they find it interesting or cathartic to post conflicting opinions to the fictional piece. Or maybe they just get off on griping about the story, it's unrealistic characters and it's silly ending. Whatever the reasons, everyone has the right to express their opinion. If the authors don't like it, deleting comments are within their rights. Or no comments allowed. But to cast barbs at the Anonymous commentators is a ludicrous waste of time. PS - another good story by HDK.

dozendozenover 8 years ago
Great story ***** but...

...'feint' is what a boxer or fencer does.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Two Thoughts

As someone else said, why didn't she just slap him when he kissed her? I don't care HOW drunk she was, no faithful wife stands for that sort of thing she CERTAINLY doesn't agree to let him in the house!

"It felt good to have a man seem interested in me." - As I've said before, what does it matter if another man is interested in her? She isn't going to respond to his interest, is she?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Whore

I'm sure she will advance rapidly at her new job

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"In real life"

If by that you mean "mommy's basement" or the online fantasy world you and your wizard neckbearded butt buddies inhabit, maybe>

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...