All Comments on 'Ten Seconds'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 89 Comments
digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 10 years ago
Certainly a different kind of story for loving wives genre

A bit on the short side, but it has everything to make a complete story.

Quite the surprise ending and I liked it.

Thanks for the read.

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
I Like

and agree a wife is one thing. But a daughter has its own Complications and most men will forgive a daughter and never forgive a wife.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

I would forgive my daughter pretty much anything, granted that I knew my cheating wife didn't give birth to another man's child. Wow, check it out. An idea for another tale.

Soon. Very soon.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
FAMILY FIRST

daughters only more so, TK U MLJ LV NV

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
A Sketch

For a story. Adultery and murder are both given priority in the morality code by being elevated to the ten commandments. In modern law, murder stays up there, but adultery doesn't. Many don't agree, including your characters. I'd like to see you expand this into a real story.

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Incomplete

Likeable, but way too short.

Finish the damn story, don't be a lazy assed bitch!

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thank you.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 10 years ago
Good to see you back.

It's good to see you back, I've been looking for a new story for some time.

This one has the essence of a short story, it's short. I loved the fact that we don't get to hear the subject's life history. It's not necessary. Everything we need is here. Likewise with our hero's own marriage, that's another story. The basic premise, that we can forgive our children for almost anything, is one that I like to see explored.

Great job. Welcome back.

Cobbler1023Cobbler1023over 10 years ago
Top notch story

Excellent work. I missed your stories. Keep them coming.

Bedspread02Bedspread02over 10 years ago
Welcome Back

There should be a law that forces guys like you to submit a story every week, just like ss06, sometimes stories don't need a lot of detail to be brilliant.

Well done, keep these coming I along with many others look for your name to find consistantly terrific stories on this site.

Thank You

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 10 years ago
Perfect

May be your finest work. Exceedingly well done short story. The first twist is handled impeccably. Thanks for a great read.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago

A minimalist monochrome sketch with a mere hint of red.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Delicious

Perfect for a Sunday breakfast. Took me by surprise with its twists.

Great to have you back on the board.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
"we'll never talk about this 'incident' and our marriage will continue,"

I didn't get this part. Whose marriage? I'm at my wit's end and sure I've missed something..

Ignoring this confusion I'm not sure lover boy really deserves what happens to him. We don't know enough about his knowing that Helen is married. Good writing and as experimental as always. 4*

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

I want to thank you for treating a societal cancer like Mike in the same manner the disease is, cut out and discarded like the waste it is. Wish more authors would take this tact, perhaps instead of rewarding this truly ugly behavior real and dire consequences would eventually end such predative character flaws.

Witless, really, really? He wrote the note as if it came from her husband. Wow.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
looking4it

So...you have NEVER flirted with a married woman. Because currently, that is all he is guilty of. He FLIRTED with a married woman.

Now...if you have ever done that...you know...FLIRTING...and we use your metric, you should be dead for your 'predatory' drive.

And also using your metrics, it is purely up the however bat shit crazy the husband/father/cousin/jilted boyfriend to determine when you 'cross the line'.

Feel good about your past?

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Please note

Mike deserved SOMETHING. Death?

No.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 10 years ago
FD45/Looking4it

The subject matter is prevention. Pro-active dealing with potential disaster. I happen to side with FD45 that is does not rise to the point of death violence. But I disagree with FD45's characterization that it is flirting, after all he has her bra in his pocket and that rises above mere flirting. Is any violence (physical) required? The situation may warrant it in the long run but not at the point at which we have been exposed to the story. Certainly verbal violence such as a dire threat of physical violence is warranted and administered by George. This story is about the degree of justifiable intervention. We do not know the details of the father's dealings with his ex-wife(deceased?) and therefore the level of violence for which he is currently willing to deal out. In any case any form of violence would still be illegal no matter how justified. I gave this *****.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
So the note

was written (on scene) by the father who disguised his hand-writing to look like Helen's husbands? And it passed muster, she was completely unaware. An incredibly skilful piece of graphology! I get it now thanks Lookin4it.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Another great one!

Nipping it in the bud is a great way to do things. For those who say that all the guy was doing was "flirting with a married woman", he was KNOWINGLY flirting with a married woman, unless she took off her rings and that wasn't mentioned. No, he knew. It was even stated that he had a history of flirting with and fucking married women. Yes, he would have to be, ahem, "taken care of", so to speak, for trying to mess with a Don's daughter. I grew up a good part of my life in New Jersey. Rule #1: Do not fuck with the Don's daughter.

5 HUGE Stars.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
An interesting 5* story

Different, and worth the read.

By the way, those wondering about the handwriting on the letter? Who said it was handwritten? Nobody. Britease just said it was written. Could have been typed.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
That's right Matt.

Father saw daughter pass bra to Lothario who put it in his pocket, whips out his portable typewriter,...

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
Witless

You're the one that picked the apt name...you're an idiot. Post as Anon, it suits you.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

I must disagree thinkingman, predators like this are, as I stated, a cancer to society. They have little or no regard to others and should be removed. Scaring them doesn't work in the long run. It's the thrill of danger. When danger catches them there really needs to be payment...payment in full. I'm a believer in capital punishment, perhaps you are not. I don't believe that it us a deterrent, simply a way of removing disease.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 10 years ago
Everything a carefully-wrought short story should be.

Congratulations. And many thanks.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
5*****

If sombody is on SOL I recommend them a gem story from Flavian "Biggest and Best". It is better than DG Hear's story "Cheating Spouse" on this genre.

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideover 10 years ago
Can't find

where Mike gets popped. Author ain't that crude. Could justa been a whipping and to put him in the fear of his life but Brit is hinting at some seriously ugly done deeds regards the ma of his daughter, who now is obviously genetically inclined to be a tramp (ma's side) and a fucking psychopath (pa's side) I mean do the poor hubby a favor guv if you care about him so much and usher him out of your scum family.

Of course the note was typed witless as a Don he's access to all club amenities won't take a moment to slip into the backroom and knock out the necessities. Ahem. A five star story demanding a lengthy epilog.

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideover 10 years ago
WOW indeed Looking4it

the fucking idiot Looking4it picks a fight with a commenter gets his ass handed to him and responds by appointing himself god of literotica and calling and spouting genocidal soap. WHAT A CUNT!!!

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
Lmao @ absalom

Ouch, cut me like a butter knife.

Genicide huh? Does that mean that asshole predators are a racial or ethnic group? Are you personally a lothorio who prey on marriages and take my beliefs personally?

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

Actually FD I am quite at peace with my past, thank you very much. How about ?

However, the story infers that he is a serial predator, this is not a caudal meeting at a party or the like, and he has ownership of at least a portion of her undergarments. This is farther than a simple act of flirting or chance meeting. Perhaps you feel the consequences fall to an apparent weakness in the women and for the men it's simply a hunt that should provide fruitless if the marriage is stable. I disagree with you and if that pisses people off then do be it. If calling witless a moron pisses people off too, so be that as well. Doesn't make it less true.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 10 years ago
Warning *SPOILERS*

The beauty of a flash story like this is both what is said and what isn't.

The basis for interfering is stated up front:

"...the success rate of that bastard...known to me."

One phrase to establish cause. Mike was under observation, he'd been vetted and he was a serial seducer. This is not a story about what should happen to men who prey on other men's wives. It's a story about stepping in to keep your daughter out of trouble, and what happens when you endanger the DAUGHTER of a dangerous man. Very different situation.

As for the letter - who cares how it was written? It was delivered by someone other than her husband. It could just as easily be written by George. The only thing that DID matter was the elegant trap within the letter:

" Leave and go home, and we'll never talk about this 'incident' and our marriage will continue, otherwise all hell will be let loose."

No matter how it is 'written' it is clear that it is FROM her husband, and if she wants to have her marriage continue, she won't speak of the 'incident' and the real husband is blissfully unaware his wife was tempted.

Again, what happened to the man Mike, who messed with the wrong daughter? It's a flash story, not a play-by-play. The man was dealt with. Framed and in prison? Neutered? Eliminated? Hideously scarred? It doesn't matter. He's out of the picture and won't mess with HIS daughter again, or any other daughters.

Artfully done. Enjoy.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the effort.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Concise, poignant, and clever

Didnt see the twist coming. Well done! Five stars for sure.

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years agoAuthor
Most of you seemed to get the point, thank you.

As has been commented, I never said that 'Mike' was killed, or even injured. You can speculate, or even make your own mind up as to how he might have been dealt with. Ditto the wife. She may be living in a squat in Liverpool or somewhere crying her eyes out because she's lost the love of her life. Then again ......? My aim of this little tale was to pose the question, especially to the BTB enthusiasts, what's the difference between a wife and a daughter, both of whom you love, if you catch them cheating? I would guess you'd all forgive your daughter( ??? ), so is there possibly a case for forgiving your wife? Your decision of course, not mine, and by the way, it did happen to me and the day I found out, our marriage didn't last till supper time. But that was partly because of the circumstances. Another thought for you. As in this situation, if you found out your daughter was cheating on her husband, would you tell him? Possibly not, but if you found out he was cheating on her, then would you tell her assuming you liked the guy? Food for thought maybe! Comments welcome and by the way, it is nice to be back.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Author the answer is easy

1 To change wife after the children above 18 years easy for a newer mate. My fetish is to change cheating wives to new better wives/mates.

2. To change DNA relative or not relative children is difficult, but it is not impossible.

Because Slirpluss showed it well look at: "The Price of The Forgiviness".

All right. The most cases the parent has to help his kids and he does not the funtion to be bad news massenger for the son of the law. Here in the story he did well. He told his daughter his opinion and to prevent a cheating occasion.......his role was this and not a bad news messenger. The most BTB stories the husbands do not accuse their father in law with conspiracy or not to tell the cheating. Nobody waits from this service from the parents in law against the PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebuffalothebuffaloover 10 years ago

Interesting story. Well done.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Looking4it can you help me out

I'm confused by your superior intellect and there are words and phrases in your comments I'm too fucking stupid to understand...

- it us a deterrent - Genicide - lothorio - How about? - caudal - then do be it etc etc.

But I'm not pissed off at you attacking me. I love it. I'm looking forward to our battles which will be endless and nasty, I'll be like a fucking pitbull that doesn't know when to stop but you won't be able to do fuck all about it. Do you get where I'm coming from you human fucking turd?

JusttooldJusttooldover 10 years ago
good

Nice twist to this story. well done.

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
ok

Very well done. A good message.

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Easier to off a lothario....

....than a son-in-law and protégé. 5 *'s.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
@BTTap - wow

TapMan poses an interesting dilemma. What does a 'made man' do when a son-in-law does the same thing to your daughter that you did with your wife...for the same reason? Do you go 'all Daddy' and treat him as you did your wife (hypocritical solution) OR - do you acknowledge that your 'little baby' deserved exactly what she got (heartlessly consistent!)???

Wonderful (and complete) story, Britease! Efficient!

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
LMFAO

Did you get your 6 yo to help you write that retort witless?

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Thank you for the backstory Brit

How do you treat your daughter?

How would you want YOUR daughter treated if she was stupid enough to cheat? Want her disfigured? Stuck in a basement? Publically humiliated? Beaten? Her reputation ruined forever so she will never again find a 'decent' man...you know...the kind who doesn't CHEAT but is willing to go all gangster on her if she steps out of line?

Is that the type of son in law you want?

Granted, we would ALL like to only associate with perfect people (so they can forgive OUR imperfections for one thing...). Unfortunately, there is not a man or woman born who was perfect (theology aside). So...what do we want for our daughters? What does a wife's father want for HIS daughter? And if you were stupid enough to cheat...what part of the basement do YOU want to be stuck in? How much do you feel YOU deserve to be ruined?

Thought provoking questions. I think the story needed to be a bit more fleshed out to bring these questions to the forefront...or I'm slow today.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 10 years ago
Anything . . .

. . . in answer to your final question, but that's not the whole of the story. I particularly enjoy this type of short story with so much in the unknown. I call them vignettes. They are easy to read, quick to absorb for the most part, but a well written vignette can float around the reader's brain and show a different facet, ask a different question. This one somehow reminds me of a painting by Monet. It reads more than a bridge over a stream.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
a new low in stupid..

Is this like a British thing ? "Daddy's response make sense IF this is a one time thing ... but as we read in the story helen appears to be a serious flirt and seems to WANT to cheat...

so is PRETENDING that nothing happened.... and keeping the husband in the dark a solution?

hasnt the husband been n th dark all these years?

JuliaHandelJuliaHandelover 10 years ago
Entertaining plot

Writer keeps up the suspense and ends with a sweet twist. Story is a superior entry to this category.

jiminabjiminabover 10 years ago
Liked it Brit.

(but didn't like all the nasty comments.) A father helping a daughter not make the same mistake his wife did. Great read, Thank you, And I really liked the short format. A 5***** from me, Thank you, Jim

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Nice Angle

Good read.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
DOES THIS APPLE FALL

very far from the tree, TK U MLJ LV NV

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Short but....

Short but to the point.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Nice Twist

Was sure that she was his wife!

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Short and sweet

Nice twist to the story.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Good story, as usual...

Good story, as usual, almost always with a twist...

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
loved it

would have loved to hear that the bastard that tried to bust a marriage was castrated, and fed to the fishes, otherwise he'll bust someone else's marriage.

enjayemenjayemover 8 years ago
Inspirational

You do the flash thing so well! Latein, early out and a lovely twist in the tale.

5*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Yeah

A preemptive strike, to save the daughter from trouble. That's what fathers are for.

kdcee79kdcee79about 8 years ago
Excellent

I agree, a father will always be more lenient & protective of a daughter than a wife; blood to blood. 5 *****

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
we are given the frame

and get to fill in the picture ourselves.

not with details and minutia, but with gaps and questions. Each reader will create their own image. only a well written story sets the stage for this to happen.

FD45FD45about 8 years ago

Every wife is someone's daughter.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
THE OLD ADAGE ABOUT A SON AND DAUGHTER

and the compare--contrast about wife and life. TK U MLJ LV NV

1WiseSage1WiseSageover 6 years ago
Nice Twist

But it does beg the question: what prompted daddy to follow his daughter? How did he find out? And if daddy knew, how is it her husband didn't?

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Good idea but no story here

Work it out else for now it is nothing more than an idea.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Brilliant. Clever twist (I've only read one other like it...

... though at this moment I can’t remember the title or author, though I think it’s something like “A Father’s Love” and maybe by jezzaz - but not sure).

Again, brilliant. Fit everything into so few words.

Thanks - 5-stars

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 5 years ago
Nicely done

Point made well and quickly. Like the mystery you left.

5*!

Hooked

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 5 years ago
Concise. Complete. Congratulations.

Very well done. You're the master of the short and sweet, and this is one of your best. No more needs to be said; nothing needs to be 'fleshed out.' Narrator is a man of few words and decisive action, and the story suited him perfectly. "What would you do for a daughter," indeed.

GA.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Told

Guess everyone got the word on this.situation. No questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yeah, too many unanswered questions for me.

It was okay but I think it could have been great with just a little more info. If you weren't going to answer the question about the wife, you shouldn't have brought it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Браво!

5***** даже Гугл не смог это испортить!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Possible? Oh Hell, Yeah!

When I married my wife, an only child, 50 years ago I never felt like a son-in-law. I was the son they never had. Would Pop-O do this for his daughter and me? Damn, right he would and may the Lord have mercy on the poor bastard who hurt his beloved daughter’s marriage to his “son”.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Great twist! Unique story.

I liked that very much. Very creative. Good job!

mainer42mainer42about 4 years ago
nice twist

you had me going and then the nice twist, great read

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 4 years ago

I've tried with several of your stories, but they all just stop. I read a story to be told a tale, not have to make up the 'what happened next' myself :/

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Mike got his, permanently, so to speak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1wisesage got it right

If he is so powerful and smart and "schooled" the husband how is it the husband was in the dark?

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Twist

Britease is a master of the misdirection and twist. After second read, this is added to favorites.

lisablissfullisablissfulabout 3 years ago

Loved it, certainly fooled me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Lovely work.

Anallicker01Anallicker01over 2 years ago

Good story. Did daughter learn her lesson?

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Too many "huh whats?" for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5star. Nice work there....pity more fathers can't be there to correct course when a daughter is about to be shipwrecked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I get that Britease was trying to mislead us into thinking that the woman whose behaviour the MC was observing was his wife and it was meant to be a clever twist that she turned out to be his daughter. The problem here is that Britease tripped himself up and messed it up with one sentence: "Leave now, go home and we'll never talk about this again and our marriage will continue". OUR marriage? Bad form, old chap!

QuintiusQuintiusover 1 year ago
@Anon 09/11/22

It wasn't a mistake on Britease's part. The father tricked Helen into thinking that her husband had caught her and wrote that note. The proof is that when she comes to speak to her father later in the story she says, "Glen's found out and will throw me out." The father wrote in the note to go home, pretend it never happened, and never mention it so that Glen's behaving normally as though he doesn't know would make sense to her. He probably figured that Helen wouldn't obey the note if she knew her father had written it and not her husband.

It was a good story with a nice twist at the end. George sounds handy! We should all have one hanging around to help out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great perspective and creative plot

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

I do like this story!

Pappy7Pappy711 months ago

Whole different set of circumstances when it's your flesh and blood. Forgiveness is easier and maybe the silly bitch will listen.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous