All Comments on 'TGI Chronicles Pt. 1 Ch. 10'

by GaryAPB

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
JDsellerJDsellerover 18 years ago
This series is going along very well.

I can see where this story is being setup to go either way,together or not together. I really like the way that the emotions are being played out. An I can see, from a story stand point, that it is a toss up on which way it goes. It does surprise me that the Beth charactor would be disappointed that her husband did not welcome the news of her affair with a hug and comforting murmers. I can't believe that anyone is that naive. I also think that it would be next to impossible for him to ever trust her again. So keep up the excellent writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Well Done ! ! !

I have kept up with this story from the beginning and it is great in my opinion. The only part I did not like is where Tim starts crying again. He shouldn't cry over a marriage that is down the tubes. He should get on with his life, socialy, and not work all the time. Beth has finally come clean with the "WHY", but she wants everything to be the same. Sorry, but it will never be the same, so she should go her seperate way as well as Tim. I liked the part where he told Beth and Rose that he would get the Bently. That is such sweet revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!

I've been trying to read this story without making any hard and fast judgments, but now I give up. This is the most convoluted claptrap that I've ever read. It's verbose, pompous, pretentious, and downright boring. The Internal Revenue Code is more interesting. And now, as a final insult, the author has thrown us under the bus of psychobabble. I wish one of the protagonists would just go ahead and kill the other so that we all could be put out of our misery. Actually, mine has ended, for I don't intend to read another word of this bovine scatology. Oh, and by the way, it is not now, and never was, erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
well done and about time

For so many chapters we have have needed to hear Beth's story. Now we have heard it, and it makes the whole story much richer.

Clearly there could be either a reconciliation or a divorce. Both seem plausible and reasonable, which is quite an accomplishment in a story like this.

I look forward to the conclusion, which I hope will not take very many more chapters.

looking4itlooking4itover 18 years ago
I can't "put this story down"

Okay, so its an online story but I do look forward everyday to the next installment. This is due to the fact that the story has been well thought out, the emotions and reactions are real life possibilities and the characters are believable. As I work through my own marital difficulties I can honestly say that the feelings and emotions protrayed are real. Terrific writing. I hope that you continue with the believability as this part concludes. I'm sure from my reading so far that you will not try to end it abruptly, rather let it go its full course. It is well worth the effort. Secretly hoping that the "Pt. 1" is and indication that the story continues, or at the very least your writing continues.

looking4itlooking4itover 18 years ago
As a sidebar

readers who leave any comment, but especially rude or discourteous ones, anonymously should be seen for what they are: opinionated bastards who don't have the gumption to stand behind their words...if you feel strong enough to make a statement and/or critique, you should put some kind of name to it

<<bows slightly and steps off soapbox>>

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Nonny Mouse

Well, we finally got the "Why". She wanted a finer house than they could comfortably afford, and she also wanted to ride in fine cars, drink fine wines and eat in fancy restaurants. Her husband couldn't supply everything so she took care of it. She used their money, and her hard work to take care of fixing the house, AND she just rented out her slightly used pussy to take care of everything else. If he doesn't kick her ass out, you will not appreciate my next grade. It has become a "one issue" ballot.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
WHY?

I didn'y see any WHY. She did it because she liked fine food and restaurants? That's a reason?

When has she mentioned her marriage vows? Did they mean nothing to her? And her comment about her adultery being for the theologians to discuss would end it for me. She has no concept of the marriage and it's vows. Just something for her to ignore as she feels fit. I love only you Tim but I'll be fucking whoever turns up that is exciting.

I dunno about Tim but I would continue onward with the seperate life he's starting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I have a suspicion

that before this is all over Tim is somehow going to be the bad guy. "Hoisted by his own petard?" I have suspected a twist for several chapters and it has also become apparent that Tim doth protest too much. It is also apparent that Tim was not there for her mentally despite his protestations. Unfortunately I can relate in bitter hind sight. Gary you do play hell with human emotions in this story and I also have the feeling your not done yet. Thank you. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Whore

I cannot put up with the pychobabble any more.In any normal person's eyes she isa lying,cheating ,whore

cageyteecageyteeover 18 years ago
It has been a long tme since I've rushed to

It has been a long time since I've rushed to the computer to check on the next installment of a story.

I'm enjoying this immensely!

As usual, I encourage you not to let the "wimpy cuckold haters" grind you down.

cageytee

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Rose's anger is misplaced

Rose seems to think her function is just to support Beth. She declares an end to the previous session early to support Beth. Then she is furious at Tim for ending a session early. I don't see why Tim didn't tell Rose she was out of line. Tim is probably thinking that all this talk of loving Tim, not Ken is a lie; otherwise why would she do with Ken what she wouldn't with Tim. Rose's male ego comment is petty and shows she is clearly biased toward Beth over Tim.

fregenfregenover 18 years ago
He can only find happiness with Beth?

Tim loves Beth. Okay, that’s a given. But are his only alternatives Beth or a life of miserable loneliness? Beth is certainly a puzzle. She had an affair because she was tired of not having money? She had an affair because they were both working long hours to buy a house she wanted but that they really could not afford? She had an affair because he took her to lunch and bought her meals? She had an affair because he bought her expensive lingerie? Excuse me but doesn’t this seem a little shallow?

He’s let her down? She cheated and since he didn’t take her back he’s let her down? Unbelievable. Another man, not her husband, took her anally and she let him. Something she had never allowed her husband to do to her. He let her down? And Rose is certainly a piece of work. We know where her sympathies lie: “She is a lovely girl. I can see why you fell in love with her.” “What is so special about anal sex?” “You didn’t come through for her.” “I certainly think she’s learned her lesson.” Hogwash. Rose – what was so special about anal sex is that she allowed a man she probably did not particularly even like to use her in ways she did not allow her husband to. Sort of shows where Tim stood on the pecking order, didn’t it? And he is willing to consider getting back together. Getting back with this cheat? This liar who even now has the audacity to say "I didn't lie to you?" Unbelievable. Just goes to show you how much pain a man will endure for sex.

All Tim needs now is for Phil and Denny to imply that he should reconcile with Beth and he will probably cave. But consider this: If Beth had died would Tim still be condemned to a lifetime of unhappiness? Or, after a period of mourning, would he have picked up the pieces and moved on? Mourn the marriage, move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Plot has taken 90 degree turn

Rose is functioning as Beth's therapist, not as a couple's therapist. Walking out of the room, rather than exploding or getting physical or being forced to share something before you are ready to responses she should accept.

As a reader I felt angrt and betrayed just by way of proxy for Tim. For the man who is in the moment I have to imagine the feeling is at least ten times worse. Yes, Tim wanted a reason for Beth's affair, but that just was his heart talking. He probably had some crazy hope that a secret organization had forced Beth to have an affair or they would kill her parents or that Beth was addicted to some drug. As much as you can love someone when there is a betrayal, the same strength of love can turn quickly to hate.

Everything that we have seen of Tim's actions to this point shows that he has been slowly disengaging himself from his old married life. Yes, he has been demanding an explanation, but that had been mostly to lay his fears to rest, so that when he starts dating again he could be aware of actions that might lead to marital trouble.

In these adultery stories therapy always seems to be the answer. I think therapy can be helpful but it can only go as far as the individuals can or/are willing to go. In this case I would only believe in a reconcilliation for this relationship if Beth had confessed within a week of the discovery. By this time it is too little too late.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 18 years ago
Well

At least this chapter has started to move a bit out of the boredom spectrum. She was smitten by the charm and attention of a guy that had a shitload of money. Her girlfrien's lives looked attractive to her because of the extra lovers they had. Her sex life was boring because the couple never went out. The affair started easily because of the prowess of her seducer, and continued because she just couldn't bring herself to say no. It had become easy for her to hide the affair from her husband Tim.

Then in a therapy session, it could all be put right by her husband finally getting to ride down her Hershey Boulevard and not in her boyfriend's Bentley.

The story is well done and the author is very talented indeed.

I love a cheerful ending though. Perhaps Tim will take her back. Perhaps she will insist that they buy another house they can't afford. Perhaps she will find another rich fucker that will make her cum like roman candle balls on the fourth of July. In this whole meladrama It never mentioned one time that Ken had orally pleased her and made her gloriosly cum like a lover is supposed to do for a woman risking everything for the carnal pleasures of an extra-marital affair.

In a casual observer's mind this woman is looking for Mr. |Goodbar. She is looking for a better deal in a man with a better position in life than Tim. She is looking to sell her very being for extravagant meals out, fine wines, expensive clothes, cars, and the possibility of getting Tim to shitcan his wife so she can enjoy the fruits if Ken's wealth. She is obviously a fucking gold digger and crys crocodile tears. What the heck? It's only a story. I sure hope that it does not go on chapter after chapter though. It's length has been over extended already. This chapter is the first if any significance in quite sometime. (about four chapters now).

Who knows? Maybe Tim will become the other man now in the relationship between her live-in and Tim's secretary.

This may be heading in that direction. If it does, then Tim is not a bit better than Ken.

Jorel1455Jorel1455over 18 years ago
More of the Same

Still think the writer is great - story is slow and being drawn out needlessly but then again, I am still reading each chapter. It is good writing, but not erotic, the most enjoyable thing is reading the comments - you have sure upset some people. It is only a misplaced story folks, relax and try to take life a little more easily.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
good

well written well done but. this story is still at the same place, it is not moving forward

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I See, He's Starting to be Able to Hold His Tears

great progress!

just a couple more sessions with the nice Rosey counselor --- who tells him to "shut up" if you don't have nothing good to say to Beth, as she's spillin' her guts to give you the WHY your idiotic and masochistic mind's been demanding --- and Tim's gonna be one happy hubby again.

but, yes, keep asking for tibits from Denny and Phil, too. don't make your minds abuot consulting what they've gleaned from Beth first. She's suffered so much then and then now she's suffering even more acutely because you, Tim's, been forcing her to explain WHY why why!

at least he's stopped crying, lord! what progress!

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
The Explanation is Outrageous

Actually it is more outrageous than no explanation. It is on par with "Because I could" and "He was there and you were not there". Actually it is worse. She would have better said, I wanted to try another cock that belonged to a charming successful man unlike you.

A married woman allows herself to be dined, wined and romanced extravagantly by a man whose intentions she very well knows. This is a fatal mistake whether they actually get to fuck or not.

The theologian thing is another fatal mistake. She was seduced because she allowed herself to be. She fully intentionally went down that road. It is even worse if she claimed that she was going to take his money and gifts and not give him what he wanted.

The anal thing is yet another one. Rose did not want Tim to get angry because his very loving wife gave her lover what he tried hard to get and was denied. Ego? The whole cheating thing is an ego thing. If a man did not have an ego, he would not care if his wife gets gang banged on a daily basis in public. What is love if the people you do not love get the better deal?

And I love this:

"I told you he took what he wanted, when he wanted. I'm sorry Tim. It didn't seem that...."

...big a deal after he fucked my throat and pussy and made me his whore.

Why the hell you are blaming me like it was me who fucked him in the ass? It is he who fucked me. It is he who told me to suck his cock. It is he who made me cheat on you. I did not do anything wrong. I just enjoyed the ride. When something happens to you that you have no say in, you might as well enjoy it. Why are you looking at me like it was me who cheated on you. You have a problem with Ken, go at him. Why are you dragging me into this mess?

Here I want to plead to authors not to write details about counciling and psychobabble unless they know more than grade school level psychology. Another thing, while I well know that the world is full of dumb people men and women, I really appreciate it if they avoid writing about braindead people and try to write about intelligent or even average people for a change.

The author is very talented. However, the talent is wasted when the plot sucks or main characters are morons. Thanks, and please do better next time.

Landrious1Landrious1over 18 years ago
Things are coming to a boil!

I must say that Roses Bias is showing in the extreme. Also that Beth would give this "lousy lay" something that she denied her hubby and then offer it to him as a "You can have it now if we get back together." consolation prize would have had me out the door and spitting nails too. Good writing. I look forward to the next part.

Also again, ignore those who rake you over coal but haven't the stones to leave a name.

danw92640danw92640over 18 years ago
It's starting to move again

This is definitely the best chapter in about four; there is some real movement. You are developing some depth for Tim. Hopefully, he is now confronting his desire for revenge and punishment against Beth. Just as hopefully, he may grow up, realize that humans make mistakes that they cannot explain and that if we love them, we make some allowances for human frailty (and stupidity). Beth has some maturity issues as well which she seems to be confronting.

I hope this chapter is the beginning of a resolution. You have captured most of the nuances of the pain of separation and done it very well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The author is fucking idiot

The worst therapy sesssion I have ever seen here... laughable.. a fucking joke

Rose the moron makes a comment about how little the sex hasd mattered then accusses TIM over reacting to his whore wife having anal sex with the other guy....

and the whore Wife is uspet hubby wasnt there for Her cheating?

did the therapist says something like "Hey cunt its your fault... How dare you bitch?...

what a sad joke

shangoshangoalmost 18 years ago
I love you Brits!

You like lying to yourselves better than any other culture! If this is what passes as mariatl therapy in Great Britain, it's no wonder you have a sky-high divorce rate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
oh god fucking damn

this has to be the worst wimp on the net, manipulated by his cunt/whore wife and the psycho babble dogshit of a defrocked therapist; just kill him now please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
most brits writers like to write cockold stories

so how you feel knowing the wife went with her lover places that she wouldn't let the hubby.that to me is the deal breaker.she have no right to tell him not to take the car.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
This story collapsed right here

this ended it for me and for most REAL men... unlike this british super wimp author

<br></br>

<b>BETH:</b>

<i>Then after lunch we were passing a florist and he went in and bought two dozen red roses for me. Two dozen! It was so wonderfully extravagant! He knew, I knew, that I would have to throw them away before the end of the afternoon, but that didn't stop him. And when we got home, I fell again. I think that was the time I regret most. That was the time that was the start of the slippery slope."

<br></br>

"You traded our marriage for two dozen red roses!" I exclaimed, bitterly.

<br></br>

"No, you know better than that, Tim." interjected Rose. "Now Beth is doing wonderfully well in what is a very difficult story for her to tell. Comments like that don't help. </i>

<br></br>

ROSE has just told TIM

<br></br>

1) to shut the fuck up

<br></br>

2) that his dumb feelings dont matter

<br></br>

3) and the real victim here is Beth

<br></br>

<b> ROSE's reaction to TIM's Believeable or perfectly understandable reaction to BETH decison to fuck Ken for months b/c he gave her 24 Roses should NOT have triggered that sort of reaction for a Unbiased Observer like Rose. </b>

<br></br>

But when you are british and wimp and you need reconciliation at all costs you have no choice but to develop hairbrained plotlines

JennyBearJennyBearover 16 years ago
Excellent!

I loved it, a remarkable first submission by my favorite author. I was not in a hurry to read it after finishing "Back to Bristol". I preferred to save it for a rainy day so to speak. You did not disappoint me Gary. I love reconciliation and also liked the bit about the Bentley. You do revenge so very well.

shangoshangoover 15 years ago
garbage

Is this REALLY how Marriage Counselors perform in Brittain? No wonder your Divorce rate is sky-high. Any being w/functioning brain cells and testicles would have fired this incompetent and moved on. Not ONCE did she get on the Cheater (and try not the lame excuse "She did in the one-on-one sessions with the Slag"). Of course, any country where writers make their King (Arthur) a cuckhold........

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Pretty Lame...

Well I got this far and there is no twist to the story. Sounds like just another self-centered woman who was becoming dissatisfied with her life and tried on a richer man who gave her gifts and dominated her sexually. She got all excited with the naughtiness of it. Pretty lame at this point! Well, theres still more so I will see it through!

bigguy323bigguy323over 14 years ago
Total Horseshit....

This whole story is in-comprehensively twisted and turned in on it's self. For crying outloud, SHE fucked the neighbor repeatedly for months!!

This so called counselor is a farce and behaves completely unprofessionally. He was stupid to go to these sessions in the first place. SHE CHEATED.

He is such a wimp.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 14 years ago
This just gets more and more depressing.

His friends, the so called councilor and his Mother in Law should be pushed out of his life. They are ALL giving him pussy advice.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Counseling crap

I had been enjoying the story somewhat. It's well written and has interesting side characters. I didn't really see where it had any room to go however. A 3 month affair is a pretty damning action, as pointed out. Unfortunately this chapter tried to play counselor and was just dismal. Rose is being completely sympathetic and sheltering to "poor" Beth and is telling Tim that he has to listen and swallow his feelings. Then she ends the session before he can comment. What a crock. Why would he abide by her stupid rules? If someone like Rose came to my house and started yelling at me because I got upset about something that I HAD EVERY RIGHT to be upset about I would have tossed her out on her ass and told her that when she learned to to talk to me with respect she could give me a call. Then Rose gets in a dig about his "male ego" regarding anal sex. How demeaning and stupid can she be? Giving anal sex to her lover is just another betrayal and lack of respect for Tim. Her long term husband who she can talk about anything with and is loving and gentle wants to try anal sex and she shuts him down. Along comes the flashy lover and she justs lets him take it. She doesn't even seem that upset about it. It shows the lover could have whatever he wanted but not the stupid, respectful husband. And Rose doesn't GET THIS???? She trivializes it with the "male ego" comment. Pardon me, but women don't like being disrespected either. It has nothing to do with ego. And finally the description of Beth's affair is garbage. She was bored with her life even though she admits she was living her life exactly as she had chosen to live it. Their sex life was "predictable" even though they had tried a few new things and she balked at others. Along comes a flashy, fast talking guy and she starts building an emotional connection to him almost immediately. This was no "mistake". She nurtured and guided the relationship to it's logical conclusion. She gave herself to another man because she was a slut and betrayed her husband to do it. Everything else was rationalizing bullshit. She was immature and stupid to think she could get away with it and Rose finishes up another bit of counseling stupidity by saying that Beth is "losing faith" in Tim because he had the audacity to hold her accountable for her actions. WOW. If Beth walked into a classroom and gunned down a bunch of kids would it be expected that Tim should give her a hug an tell her everything was going to be OK? Beth is a self centered bitch to have these type of expectations and Rose is an idiot not to set her straight about it. The right response is "Beth dear, when you cheat on your husband you have absolutely NO RIGHT to expect your husband to give you emotional support about it. Only a fool would think otherwise." This was a pathetic chapter.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
It is creative and well written but is so illogical that I gave it 1*.

Tim could not possibly be a manager as described. He is far too retarded and impatient. He is incapable of listening without interrupting even after agreeing to and has no control over his emotions. Such a person could never be a manager as descrbed. Therefore, the story is illogical and deserves a 1*.

RedbeakRedbeakalmost 13 years ago
A horrible story

I can't understand how the author of the excellent 'Back to Bristol' can also have written this loathsome shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A Very Poor First Effort

By submission date, it's clear that this series is the author's first effort. It started out okay, then it descend to horseshit. It's utterly illogical that everybody expect Tim to forgive Beth and take her in without a second thought. It's inconceivable that a marriage therapist favors the cheater and just basically told Tim to shut the fuck up and then forgive Beth. A good thing does came out of this though, the enjoyable Back to Bristol series. It's believable and balanced.

J [drazvich(at)live(dot)com]

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
a Waste of my Bloody time

OMG what happened to you Gary? You wrote an excellent tale in BTB but here you have such a weak story, its actually so sad for you as a writer.

You lost credibilty with this story.

BTW my words are applicable to the entire story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I take it back....not one, single set of balls in all of GB

The fucking slut gave away something to a stranger she denied her husband. End of story....

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Holy crap this is vile

There are 3 major problems... FIRST is the most obvious is Rose severe Bias against Tim. She is way out of contril Almost every reaction Tom has she tells him to shut up.

SECOND.. before we get to the therapist scene when Tim is talking to his friends and the Pub or other places.. they all discuss... WHY did it take her so long to see what she did was wrong? WHY did it take her so long to see how crushed Tom was?

It is One thing for the wife is deluding herself into thinking having a fling that is no big deal. But once Tim found out and she saw how crushed he was... her inability to graps how much oain she caused her husband

is a deal breaker.

She isnt saying " what have I done.. she is saying so what?"

THIRD ... the issue of why Beth did this.

.."and we dont know WHY and even Beth does Why, for God's sake? Why?" I could feel myself getting upset, the anger and hurt were still bubbling up.

Before I could continue Rose turned to Beth "Well Beth, do you have any more you can add that might explain it in a way Tim could understand?"

"Not really. I have asked myself those questions so often. After the first time, it became steadily easier, one more time wouldn't hurt..."

why bother saving this marriage if after allllllll this time Beth has No ideas why she cheated

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
TGI, IS MISSING SOME LETTERS

and a better understanding of what is really going on. TK U MLJ LV NV

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
Rose's "How dare you walk out on me."

And then her petty "Your male ego was hurt." Really? Just his ego? She's treating him like a little boy she's scolding. Then Tim responds by saying he's sorry to complete the picture. I see Rose, the marriage counselor, forgiving Beth her 3 month affair saying, "Beth's a lovely person. I can see why you fell in love with her." (from memory--might have botched the last quote, but not the essence of it.) However she's not at all forgiving of Tim when he can't take it any more and jumps up and runs away when his wife admits giving anal sex to her lover, something she's always refused her husband. If I were in Tim's shoes, I'd never speak to this marriage counselor again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Fantastic work

The only complaint i have is the bit about experiencing anal sex with her lover first. It is true that women who have affairs often branch out and try new things in that context, but the reaction is substantially different from the wronged partner.

Generally, the reaction to such a confession is devastation. There is a rejected feeling that comes from her giving someone else what she wont give him. "virgin holes" or whatever has little to do with it.

Anyway, you are my favorite author on this site. I hope your return was not short lived.

firas01firas01over 11 years ago
why

she never did answer the why, and in my opinion, i would think that if this is not clear then what will stop her from repeating it in the future? also ....maybe it is a cultural thing...i was not born and raised in the uk, but how can you get over it, really, she is your wife, she betrayed you on so many levels and not only the sex, so how can you forgive and forget, most importantly, how can you forget?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Fabulous story

I've read through this twice and enjoyed it immensely.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
FRIENDS?

In my humble opinion he didn't have any, she did! The only good advice he has got was from Jean and she wasn't even close to being a friend. I'd say it's time to close the door on this bullshit. And if the sun don't come up tomorrow, what the fuck it's only the sun. I pray your life dose not mirror your hero!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 11 years ago
Way too long, but excellent

One of the best reconciliation dialogs I have read. Through Rose, it laid it out. I went from by by girl, three months is too long, to we'll enough is enough, and I love her. I was imagining them running into Ken a few years later, and Ken rubbing Tim's nose in the affair. I had Tim responding "And how'd that work out for you?

Very well worked story!

Chilley

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Rose is not helping BOTH of them.......

It may be me, but it seems like Rose's ultimate goal is to get them back together, not find a way to help them through. She says that is not true, but it seems to her that the only good outcome is them together. Anything that Tim does that doesn't support that is met with anger and indignation. I love reconciliation, but honestly I feel that this marriage has run its course. Its sad, but I would not like to see them together. I think we all know where this one is headed though. But I will wait until the end to see.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

I'm not buying it, and neither should he. First, there is the following quote from her:

"I'm sorry, but it was, not better or worse, just different. And that made it exciting. But very quickly I began to realise that Ken was actually a very selfish man and a lousy lover. He didn't care about me. Sex was missionary position, pump up and down until he was satisfied, then roll off for a drink or a cup of tea. All he cared about was himself. No foreplay or slow games. He just liked taking what he wanted."

The question he should be asking is ... What if it had been wonderful? What if he was a generous and caring lover? What if it had been the best sex of her life? Would she have even thought about breaking it off with Ken? Would she have wanted to go back to her husband? The only reason she was ready to end it was that he was horrible in bed? Lucky for hubby or he would have surely lost his wife for good. There was nothing in her explanation that was focused on her feelings for her husband. Ken wasn't getting it done for her, so why not go back to the safety of her marriage.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
One more thought ...

Second, referring to the quote in my comment below, she lied to him during their first counseling session. She said it was just boring missionary sex. So much for the counselors anger about the way he reacted to her vulnerability and honesty. If he doesn't pick up on this . . . Then this becomes a poorly constructed story. Anal sex is far from boring missionary sex. She may not have enjoyed it, but she intentionally characterized it in such a way as to leave that out. If she covers that up, there must be more as well. I wonder about the time she was in the garden talking with the guy from work. I am surprised he hasn't begun to see her past behavior in a different light. The author did have hubby earlier characterize her as a flirt. Harmless back then, but now maybe not so much. She comes across to me as a serial cheater. If the author is intending reconciliation, he is not doing a good job of making it believable. Still, five stars on the writing and for getting me so fired up.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
On so called male pride

I am getting tired of hearing the line about how anal sex is not such a big deal and it is just the hubby's ego that is hurt. Really? She gave something that she pledged only to her husband to some other man. Is that ego? That is breaking a vow. Then, she was willing to give to another what she refused her husband. This is not a pride thing. It is symbolic of the fact that she did not open herself up completely to her husband, but was willing to do so for another. And apparently it was someone she didn't like? Not sure I buy what your selling, and I'm notorious for being a reconciliation fan.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Honestly

I'm amazed that there aren't novels out there in this vein. Infidelity and its aftermath are harsh realities faced by many...it's a core human drama...and you've proven that novel-length stories about getting past it can be done and done well.

I reread this and Back to Bristol like once a year. Seriously.

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
Talk About Being All Alone

This guy has absolutely no one on his side. Everyone is "so sorry for poor Beth". No one, not his so called friends, his in laws, or the counselor seem to be able to consider his perspective. It's time to stop talking to everyone and move on.

Robert

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Who needs this shit

I do not get why people bother with people that treat them badly. There are plenty of decent people out there. From my experience with the general population I can tell you that 10% are hard core criminal scum, the next 20% are unethical dirtbags, and over the next 60% they run the gamut of the mildly fucked up to pretty decent. The top 10% are saints! So, if you are smart and look carefully you can do pretty well for yourself. Of course, you first should make sure you are not in the bottom 30% yourself!

Beth is in the lower 10%-20% range. She is a liar, cheater and betrayer. This is WHO she is. Don't think she will change, because she can't it is part of her personality. I have met people like this, if you ask them they will tell you, this is the way they are. If you have a problem with it, move on. If you don't move on, it is on you! It is almost as fucked up to try to change a cheating slut as it is to be one! Stop the judgement, get over yourself, if you don't like it - tough!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
ego

Every time you see the word ego replace it with the term self esteem because that is what it is.

Now tell everyone how bad it is to have good self esteem, because that is what you are doing when you disparage their ego.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I do not need a BTB storyline

But I do need less the "male ego" crap, if anal was not important why she did not do it with her husband?

Sorry but I cannot keep going, too much crap. She cheat he is guilty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Why does every friend and aquaintance

Spout platitude after platitude about how he should get back together with her.

for everyone that thinks that there are the same that thinks it's best to move on.

All you write is he's is to blame as much as she is and she made a major mistake,that isn't a deal breaker.

Because he misses her.

God she is a cheating slut that can never be trusted again, a woman that was seduced because she had a boring afternoon

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Can she do that to her husband?

The problem which Rose seemed to have so flippantly overlooked was that which I believe was the crux of the matter which triggered Tim's ire: Beth's willingness to give in to her lover's sexual demand for anal when she had rejected her husband's suggestion for it. It had hit Tim with a sense of defeat and fears of sexual inadequacy when performing with her life partner. Unfortunately this strong reaction from Tim was viewed by Rose as him throwing childish tantrums and chided Tim for walking out of the counselling session. What I thought worst of all was Tim's acceptance of her rationale with enough conviction to quell his anger for such an act of sexual betrayal.

Furthermore, an absence or lack of new sexual pleasures due to stale sexual positions by married couples should not be an excuse for one of the spouses to stray in search of new sexual partners.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I'm done with this farce of a story that is never ending.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
I can't

I tried. These pathetic, whining, navel gazers with absolutely no backbone at all in a tediously written seemingly never ending story have worn me out. I quit.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
I Was SO Hoping For A Conclusion Here!

“Do you really think that whatever she said, nothing could let you forgive her and try again?"

We’ll never know until she does. Probably nothing she says will get him to forgive her, but MAYBE something will!

Why does he need to DECIDE whether to see her or not? I thought he WANTED to hear why it happened.

“And, for some silly romantic notion, I wore the lingerie.”

And without Ken even asking her to! If she didn’t wear it, she couldn’t have given him the “fashion show”, and she STILL could have said, “NO!”

Why is Rose minimizing the impact of the anal sex? It's one thing that they weren't virgins, that the had done things with others BEFORE they got together. But giving something to her lover that she had refused her husband? What if her husband had a lover, and Beth wanted a baby but Tim says no, and she finds out he impregnated his lover? Think she would say, "Oh, well, no big deal?"

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
My Bad!

Thought this was the end of Part 1 - I see there is one more chapter.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
Slap That Bitch Rose Upside The Head

Rose is a miserable bitch who has decided they should get back together and doesn't pay any attention to him.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
***

Rose has got be a "woman's" counselor.

Someone really needs to jack-slap the bitch.

Rated a bit low as this tale is degenerating into a limp platitude.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
No, no, no, no, no, oh no

Congrats on this chapter being well written. But I am only giving it two out of five. Beth's confession was good but sad. She really did throw it all away for very superficial reasons. I am disappointed in her. I don't see how Tim can take back a woman so shallow. Two things drove me crazy about this chapter. One is the way Phil spoke to Tim in the beginning at the pub. He was way over the line and Tim should have blasted him (verbally) right there. No best friend would ever do that. And number two, and by far the biggest no-no, was the way Rose gave Tim hell after he walked out of the counseling session after Beth confessed to the ultimate betrayal - giving her lover something she wouldn't give her husband. Tim should have thrown Rose out the door after she attacked him in his own house. I've admired Tim's restraint all thru this story but these developments and his weakness really, really bothered me. It is a sign of an author's skill that a reader can get as steamed as I am over a character he has grown to like. But I am still steamed.

kdcee79kdcee79almost 9 years ago
This chapter sucked

I haven't commented yet as I've struggled through this extremely long winded tale, BUT, you stuck a raw nerve in this chapter. I have nothing against marriage counsellors per se but in many LW stories there's just too much psycho babble that the storyline becomes mired in their rubbish. Rose was really out of place coming over to Tim's flat to ball him out, because he walked out on their meeting, bullshit, & what did he do, whimper like a little boy & give in. Shit he should just tell Rose to go to hell & then divorce Beth. 2 **

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Waste of time

Unnecessarily long and pointless story.

The wimp tells his wife that he doesnt want to live with her but doesnt divorce her either. Strange.

I am leaving after renaming this piece of bullshit.

"The bastard is wasting our time chronicles".

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I like this well written story but two major issues:

1. Rose's reaction to the anal incident was ridiculous. His wife had just confessed to giving her lover something she had never given him and made light of it too. He had every right to react the way he did. It was the last of only 3 hole and she gave it to her lover never ever having given it to her husband and did so with seemingly little regret, even making a light joke of it to add insult to injury.

2. Her confession shows she still doesn't truly understands the extent of her betrayal and the hurt she caused.

I like reconciliation but this is a really hard one to justify. The author is doing ok with it but needs to avoid elements like the anal incident which will put off readers credibility in the integrity of the plot.

dyonysosdyonysosover 8 years ago
ANAL

I completly agree with previous reader,rose and beth went over the anal issue far too lightly,i can very well understand why it was so important to him after all she gave to another what she refused to give him,to me this could be a dealbraker

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 8 years ago
Ken is an asshole!

Beth's whole problem is that she is submissive and Ken being a rich asshole who takes what he wants. Thruout the previous chapters you could feel Ken controlling Beth, who was not submissive to Tim because they are in "LOVE". Even if Tim feels anger about his wife's affair. The whole torrid affair between Beth and Ken is about control. That's my simple opinion.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago

"Then we had sex. It wasn't good for me." You hear this line quite a bit in these stories. I wish the wronged spouse would ask the million dollar question: what if it had been terrific? Would she have been planning on ending it? In fact, the reason anyone has sex outside of marriage is because they are hoping it is terrific. Then they only have regrets when it fails to live up to expectations.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago

"I already knew that my affair with Ken should be over, and here I was caught on what was probably the very last day of it." Actually, she had made that promise to herself before, according to her own story, and failed in keeping it every time.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Well written but

Hell no!

She was a selfish cheating slut that gave her asshole lover anal sex when she denied her husband.

Some people are simply too stupid to be married.

He is a bit of a wimp though so I'm sure he will take another man's leftovers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Editor needed

I'll just mention one point that keeps popping up every few sentences, and that's the rampant overuse of "myself" over the far simpler, and usually the more correct "I" or "me", depending on the structure. It does irk me to read, for example, "between her and myself" instead of "between her and me". Pompous and ungrammatical, in my opinion. However, it may be in the lingo rut at the author's location. There are others - perhaps some of those are typos. A real editor would fix a lot. Nevertheless, the stories are fascinating, and the cause of much time waste on my part. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Was really hoping

This wasn't a long drawn out RAAC all though the long drawn out ones always are it takes a long time to rationalize the unrational.

He didn't seem like the type who was going to get worn down with loneliness and peer pressure,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nothing but excuses and psychobabble...

Nothing the wife said tells why she won't do it again. Apparently if a man tries hard enough, long enough, she will definitely be seduced. If she gets bored again, she can be seduced. She's NOT selfish, so if she cheats again, she'll keep it secret to "spare" her husband's feelings. His wife is now WAY too cavalier about what happened to suit me.

And tell Rose to kiss your ass. It would have been a cold day in Hell before she comes into my house to chew me out just because I left one of her "sacred" meetings. When did he start working for her? I'd dump both of them; find a new wife and a new realtor.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
What the fuck is with Rose....?

"You don't walk out!" ?? Fuck that... His wife willingly cheated, repeatedly for THINGS.... For expensive meals and rides in cars and sexy under garments...

And she did stuff she wouldn't do with her husband.... And he's supposed to be ok with it because she FINALLY admits it...?

What a crock that is...

Nothing in this story has caused me to think they should reconcile...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a fantastic author

But Rose said this:

"But she has lost some faith in you, because on this terrible occasion, and even though she brought it on herself, you didn't come through for her when she was in a mess."

Not just no, but hell no. When a spouse, man or woman cheats, the other has absolutely no requirement to help them, simply because they're hurt too. Bullfuckingshit.

I understand Tim's reaction to Beth giving her anal virginity away. When a young woman whom I loved and I became serious, I wasn't her first anything. She had done it all and with multiple guys. Except for one thing. Her ass. We always planned to get drunk and I'd plunder her last treasure and it would belong to me only. It was her promise.

Except we had a terrible argument when I didn't make my appearance at a family dinner of hers. On the way my car had broke down and it took all evening to get a tow truck and go home. She wouldn't listen, in her eyes I had let her down. We both went our separate ways for a few months.

During those months I was celibate simply because I had no interest in women. Then one day, she appeared at my door again. It turns out she had finally heard the entire story from a friend. She was contrite and almost cowed. We got back together and it was as good or better than before.

Then one day I broke out a bottle of whiskey and told her if she was willing to have her anal cherry popped, I was the man. When her face fell, I knew without her saying a word. She had to whisper it, but she had went back to an old boyfriend while we were split up and he was the one to get her drunk and took her ass cherry. Not just once or twice, but he pretty well opened her up.

Now some 30 years later, I'm glad we split up a final time that night. She was distraught when I left with that bottle of booze but it was the right thing. After moving away, she married a guy a few months later and they are still married today and are grandparents.

Me? Although I wasn't looking for it, hell, I wasn't looking for any woman, I fell in love with a freaking virgin. She had kissed other men and had a hand on her bare tit, but not even down her pants. At some point I shared the story of my ex with her and she made it her mission to provide me with every cherry she could. Blowjobs, vaginal, booby fucking (although they are small!) and of course, anal sex. Thankfully she enjoys it all and rarely says no to even anal.

We are grandparents too and I could not be happier with my decision to not marry anyone but her.

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1almost 7 years ago
What a poor shit!!!

You are realy into cuckolding/wimp arent you??!! What a bunch of crap you wrote. An amateur marriage counselor who takes obviously side to the cheater who shout to the husband like he is a little child??!! Are you brain sick or is your pervert fantasy so important to you that all rules are out??!! Even its a fantasy it have to be believable and recognizable at reality otherwise its only laughable!!! And you need 10 chapters to tell the world that your fantasy is cuckolding and wimp husband??!! Thats unbelievable pathetic!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The crap goes on

I'm still reading waiting to see if the writer that amazed me with Back to Bristol is still around. So far I have to agree with everyone else (at least with everyone having common sense and a wporking brain): he's a pathetic wimp. Are you planning to castrate him? Turn him into a TG girl? In any case, I'm skimming through this piece of crap trying to find some sense.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 6 years ago
I have read this story before and I tend to think that people from the UK...

...must be all cringers! Rose was so incredibly out of line, she is not at all a neutral party and he shoukd get a different therapist! Or counselor or what ever they call them over there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This Is Why I Hate And Despise Marriage Counselors

I would have no problem beating Rose to within an inch of her life. The anal sex Beth denied her husband for eight years, Beth freely gave to Ken. And Rose got mad because Tim stormed out?! Well, Fuck Rose! Rose is the one who guided Beth into revealing this tidbit of information. Tim would never have asked the question if Rose had not pulled it from Beth. Then Rose equates that revelation to the fact that Jean was going to donate Ken's Bentley to Tim. And Tim should be more aware of Beth's feelings concerning a car she never even rode in. Is Rose brain dead? And I saw this coming...Beth's three month affair with Ken was Tim's fault because AFTER TIM CAUGHT BETH IN HER LIES, TIM DID NOT HOLD HER AND TELL HER IT WAS ALRIGHT! EVEN GOD CAN'T SAVE THIS MARRIAGE NOW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Rubbish

Ten chapters of pure garbage

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The usual

Turnaround. It's the victims fault.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Rubbish

Ten chapters of pure crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5!! HEY ANNONY you retarded fool it's chapter 10!!

TEN!! And you're still read what you called crap. I think the only crap is you and your brain dead attempt to try and tell us you HATE these LW cuck stories . But, we all know you fucking love them because they remind you of your marriage and your wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
fuck rose

she inserted herself into this, too fucking bad if the session didnt happen as she wanted. if she was part oh my practice she'd be fired already.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Likes this story, but

Confused by misuse of you’re, your and they’re, their. That isn’t British English; it’s brutish English and distracting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Normally i would be for the couple to reconcile but i hope he doesnt take her back. She doesnt deserve it and hes too nice her. Hes better of without her.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 4 years ago
Beth is not worth it

Why be with someone who so easily lies to you? Beth really is a terrible person. This is headed toward reconciliation so I will not finish. Silly really.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

Rose has an agenda and she is lying to Tim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Agree with Grimmer, I smell a rat with Rose

Don’t trust her

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too many people interfering

Rose doesn't have the right to talk to tim like that, if he wanted to walk away then cool leave him be.

Don't involve friends in your relationship problems to the point where they think they can dictate how you feel

Wasn't sorry about giving ken her anal virginity, after that i would of been out of there and gone on with my life, eff her and all those who feel like she's meant to be with him lol.

4* because it got a rise out of me when you made the male character believe that his friends are helping him when in reality, their helping out both to come together and not to take sides, but not knowing that they are, just doesn't see it

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 3 years ago
Is Rose really retired, or did she have her license taken away??

Really lost me with this chapter. What would be the probative value of delving into their sex life when they haven't even discussed anything else yet, haven't even processed the wife's detailed confession? It's way too early for this in any kind of therapy process, and it would only help to outline the condition of the marriage at the time of the affair, it doesn't justify or qualify or begin to explain anything that could lead to understanding or reconciliation.

I really hope the author has no experience with psychiatrists, and this was just a clumsy guess at what therapy is like based on movies etc. The Rose character is shockingly badly written, unless she's supposed to be the worst fucking therapist on Earth. If she were a practicing therapist in real life, and recordings of her dialogue in this chapter was played in court, or for other therapists, her credibility would be zero, her career would be utterly destroyed.

Seriously unless Rose turns out to be some old friend of Beth's playing mind games, this interesting story became incredibly bad.

Oh also, people walk out of sessions with therapists ALL THE TIME. And she's personally mad about it to the point of going to his home and banging on the door followed by a guilt trip about it. She's been written as a bad therapist, way too emotionally involved to be of any value whatsoever to the couple, and a narcissist. So sooo bad.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 3 years ago
Oh also

Any therapist who would use the term 'male ego' got their degree through the mail. Women also have egos. And the specific situation didn't justify it even for someone who was gender biased toward women.

Being hurt by your spouse performing sex acts with someone behind your back that they wouldn't do for you, is not a gender issue. If one half of a lesbian couple found out her wife did things for a woman she was having an affair with, things that she had been asking for throughout their whole marriage, she would feel the exact same thing.

At least she didn't say 'fragile' male ego. The most over used term in literotica wife dialogue. Tell your wife she's gotten fat, especially if it's true, enjoy the nuclear explosion for bruising her fragile female ego.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Rose, the greatest ever counsellor of literotica

Psychiatrists/counsellors like Rose are god's gift to repentant adulterers of the world. Stops Timmy every single time tries to interrupt Beth, and then doesnt let him ask a single question to Beth after she has finished her wonderful defense of her affair. and her wonderfullly passionate rationalization of why Beth cheated and why Timmy should not only forgive her but rather ask for her forgiveness sealed the deal for me. The author surely has fertile imagination.

SlamnukeSlamnukealmost 3 years ago

And this is why I’ll never use a therapist or counselor or psychologist or psychiatrist. Everything is always the man’s fault and it’s always up the man to forgive. Fuck this bitch and the fucking high horse she road in on. If I am ever forced into one of these for any reason, I’ll rip them apart piece by fucking piece because I have never had any respect the profession and despise feminism of any kind. They do nothing but rationalize away female decision-making.

Your other story was far better than this drivel and I pretty much skipped every portion of the story where Beth or Rose spoke. This story needs a major rewrite to remove Rose and give Tim a set of balls.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

GaryAPB is of the same genre as Matt Moreau and the cuck wimp writer ilk... cant believe that the ' 'the-rapist' Rose was subtly and then directly blaming this guys male ego for everything and all symphaties for Beth! seriuosly looks like Gary was brought up in a female dominated houshold where the ladies wore the pants and Gary and his brothers ( and maybe father too) wehre allowed only knickers or panties..hence all the shit that a female does is ok and needs to be forgiven. giving ur vigin ass to your lover which u have denied to ur husband is ok and the husband should wimp out and accept it as just another mistake ..hug the female and say..darling im so sorry that you ahd to give your ass to yuor lover and have to feel guilty about it..its ok just a small mistake..lest put it behind us and start again! what a shit pecker this writer is

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

When does this end! Ugh

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Seems when an author wants to go for a reconciliation ending, the cheated on spouse either has meaningless sex with just about anybody or there are simply no other fish in the whole wide see in the story...

Seems lazy every time to insinuate a man could not find another women that would want him or find happiness in the single lifestyle with a little practice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

rose is full of shit and I speak from experience. No competent therapist would pull the shit she does, the guilting of tim and her autocratic bullshit. What she did was unprofessional, inappropriate and unethical.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Still don't see Beth as having grown enough to be worthy of reconciliation. This wasn't a brief fling -- it went on for 3 months. Beth was excited by sex with Ken even though she knew he was an arsehole because she found cheating itself to be hot -- the deception, the taboo-breaking, the sneaking around, the fun of getting away with something.

.

Grow a pair and divorce her, Tim. You're still young, you're successful, it's a childless marriage -- move on, and find someone else, someone loyal.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous