That Phrase... Sylvia Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I knew as soon as I saw it below me that we were flying over the Grand Canyon even before one of the pilots announced it over the plane's intercom system. Rachel opened her eyes after the pilot was finished talking and informed me we were only minutes away from landing at a small airfield similar to what we had back home.

After we landed, we taxied to a hangar in the middle of a row of hangars. Rachel used a key from her purse to open a padlock that was on the hangar door while I unloaded my suitcase. As soon as I was clear, the plane taxied back out to the single runway and took off, I assumed for a return to our home town.

I had not even heard the sound of the car from inside the hangar until Rachel blew its horn at me; causing me to jump in surprise. I loaded my suitcase into the back seat of the older model Mercedes station wagon that Rachel was now behind the wheel of. I tried to take in all the sights of a part of Vegas I had never seen during the few visits Sylvia and I had taken to Sin City.

The complex Rachel's condo was in looked to be several decades old, but was well maintained. I had no idea how far away the "Strip" with all the big name casinos was from where we were, but Rachel assured me that once we had freshened up from our flight, she would take me to any of the big casinos I was interested in going to.

Thirty minutes later I was sitting at a blackjack table in the MGM Grand Casino with a thousand dollar advance from Rachel. I managed to double it in the next three hours before cashing in my chips when I noticed a couple of men in sport jackets with the casino's name on them hovering around the table. I walked across the street to the Excalibur and managed to win another thousand before the same thing happened and I left.

The Tropicana Casino was my next stop where I was only able to win five hundred dollars before men with sports jackets appeared around the table I was playing at. I decided it was time for me to leave, but I could not resist the urge to try one of the slot machines I passed on my way to the cashier's window. I put twelve hundred dollars' worth of chips into the machine which would give me three pulls at maximum bet level.

I had already turned to walk away after the final pull when the sound of the machine's melody was replaced by louder bells and whistles. When I looked back at the machine, the words "Big Winner" where flashing in red on the machine's screen. There were five red apples in a row on the winner line which made me the winner of one hundred and twenty times the maximum bet, forty eight thousand dollars to be exact.

It took all my powers of persuasion to finally get the casino's management not to make a big publicity event out of my winning. I had called Rachel to let her know I was ready to go back to the condo as soon as the manager had begun trying to talk me into being comped into the casino's hotel. I took the cashier's check and, with only a minimal amount of flirting from Rachel with the casino's manager, gained an armed escort from the casino's office to the parking garage where Rachel had parked.

"Let me take you out to dinner, Rachel. I still have twenty three hundred dollars in cash from today." I asked her, excitedly, on the ride back to her condo.

"That would be wonderful, Don. The restaurant inside Sam's Town has the best steaks in Vegas so we'll go there if that's okay with you."

"You definitely know more about Vegas than I do so wherever you want to go is fine with me."

We had a wonderful time talking and enjoying each other's company that evening, the second time for that to happen. Rachel definitely was not the same spoilt girl I'd met in college and I felt more at ease with her than I had with any other woman besides Sylvia. I was beginning to develop serious feelings for Rachel and did not know whether that was a good thing or a bad one. Rachel had not shown any signs that she was feeling the same things I was feeling and down in the lower levels of my mind I knew I was going to get hurt by another woman and I would have only myself to blame.

After we had finished eating, Rachel and I returned to the condo to get some rest. It had been a long day for both of us and if I looked anything like Rachel; it was beginning to show. I was asleep only moments after a hot shower in the guest room of Rachel's condo.

I thought I was dreaming when the feeling of warmth and wetness engulfed my hard cock, but realized it was not a dream when I opened my eyes and saw Rachel above me with her pussy impaled on my hardness. When Rachel saw that I was awake, she smiled at me before dropping her upper body down and plastering her lips to mine.

The kiss she gave me at that moment was completely different from any kiss I had received from any other woman, Sylvia included. The sensation was like an electrical shock that went throughout my whole body only to return to settle in my heart. It may have been my imagination, but it seemed like that sensation caused my cock to become harder than it already was, harder than I had ever felt it being in my whole life. I knew from the look of surprise that appeared in Rachel's face that she had felt something also in our kiss and the way her pussy flooded my crotch.

"Oh my, Don. Did you feel what I felt when we kissed? I have never felt anything like that before. Are you thinking what I'm thinking right now?" Rachel exclaimed when she broke our kiss and raised up slightly to look me in the face.

"If you're thinking that two lost souls have found each other and together they can fix their broken hearts; then yes, I'm thinking the same thing you're thinking."

"I don't know about all that, but I was thinking I'd finally found my true love. I know you men don't think like that, but that is exactly what I'm thinking. No, that's not right. I know down in my heart, not think it, that is what happened during our kiss. I'm totally yours from today forward Don if you want me. But remember, I don't share; so that little airhead Mindy that you've been fucking is history if you want to be with me."

"Oh God, Rachel, why wouldn't I want you after the way you've made me feel right now? I'm the one who should be proclaiming I'm yours if you'll have me. You're the rich, beautiful woman who could have any man she wanted and I'm only a poor, average looking guy who thought he was lucky to have the woman he had until she listened to her friend and ruined everything. I was and can be totally faithful to one woman as long as she is totally faithful to me.

"Mindy won't be a problem and Sylvia will be served with divorce papers as soon as we get back home. Now enough talk, I think we need to finish what you started. Lie down and let me make love to you."

"No, you can lie there and I'll make love to you."

In actuality for the next two hours we made love to each other. When we had exhausted each other, we fell asleep in each other's arms and I felt more at peace than I had ever felt in my life.

For the next two days, I went to the casinos during the day and made love to Rachel at night. When we boarded the plane on Sunday morning to fly home, I had enough cash and cashier's checks to pay off the mortgage on the house that Sylvia and I had planned on getting old together in and the loan on her car. I was going to pay them off and give her everything so I could be out of the marriage as quickly as possible; I did not care who got what anymore. Rachel and I had already vowed to each other that we would be together until death separated us and I knew down in my heart that we would be too.

When we returned to our home town, I followed Rachel to her house and basically moved in with her that day. I did not bother calling either Sylvia or Mindy to let them know I was back in town. Monday morning as soon as it was open, I went to the bank and paid off the house and car loans before going to my old home to retrieve the things I wanted. I left all the keys I had to the house both inside and out along with the papers for the house and car plus my wedding ring on the table that Sylvia laid her things on as soon as she got home from work.

I went to see Charles and asked how long it would take him to draw up new divorce papers giving Sylvia the house and her car and a fifty/fifty split of everything else. I was surprised when he said they could be ready the next day and she could be served that same day. He tried to talk me out of doing it that way, but I told him I wanted out of the marriage as fast as possible so he finally stopped arguing and did what I asked.

Quitting my job at Fox Manufacturing was harder than I thought it would be. Mr. Fox had been like a father to me and the look of pain that followed his look of shock hurt me almost as much as the betrayal my wife had bestowed on me. He accepted my resignation only after I promised to stay for a month and teach one of the younger engineers everything I knew in that time. It would not be possible to do, but I did not let him know that.

"Mindy, I've met someone and she has become very special to me so I can't see you anymore." I told her after I had invited her into my old office at Fox. I think she thought something else was going to happen from the look of shock then anger that appeared on her face.

"What do you mean, you've met someone else, you sorry son of a bitch?" She yelled at me loud enough for anyone in the corridor outside my door to hear.

"Mindy, please calm down. I kept telling you not to get your hopes up about us. I told you I wasn't ready for another relationship and that we were only friends with benefits. You kept saying that you were okay with that. I'm sorry but I don't love you and I think deep down inside you knew that. I enjoyed our time together and I'm pretty sure you did too. We can still be friends only without the benefits if that's what you want."

The tears started then and I knew Mindy had let herself get farther than the friends with benefits relationship that she swore to me was enough when we had first gotten together.

"Don, please don't do this to me. I love you and need you to love me. I'll be a good wife, I promise. I'll never cheat on you like "she" did and you already know I'll do anything you want sexually. Please, Don."

"I'm sorry, Mindy. Someone else has already got my love and she is very possessive. I can't give you what you want."

"Fine, I'll go and see Sylvia and tell her everything! Let's see who comes out ahead in the divorce after I talk to her."

"I don't care about that anymore. She will definitely come out ahead financially from the divorce, but I think in the long term, I'll be ahead in the areas that matter most. I've found the woman I can love for the rest of my life and I know she loves me the same way.

"I didn't mean for you to get hurt Mindy and kept telling you how I really felt about you. Please leave my office now. I need to start training Jeff so he can handle the job I'm doing when I'm gone."

Mindy started crying even harder than she had been and fled my office almost knocking over Jeff as he was standing outside my door.

"What was that all about?" He asked as soon as he was inside the door to my office.

"It upset her when I told her I was leaving the company. I think she has a huge crush on me and I guess she was hoping something would happen between us after my divorce. We don't have time to talk about that right now, though. Mr. Fox needs me to teach you all I know in the next month. I didn't have the heart to tell him that wasn't possible, but I will teach you all you need to know before I leave."

Jeff and I worked together for the rest of the day and lost track of time. The ringing of my company cell phone brought us back to reality.

"Holy shit, look what time it is." Jeff exclaimed. "Mary is going to kill me. I need to get home if that's okay, Don."

"Sure thing, Jeff. One marriage going down the tubes around here is enough; so go home, blame the late hour on me, and do whatever you need to so your wife will forgive you."

"Hello, Sylvia." I said to the woman who I hoped to be free from in the not too distant future.

"Don, where the hell have you been and what is going on?" Sylvia yelled at me. "I found your wedding ring, a bunch of papers, and keys on the table when I got home. It looks like you're leaving me."

"Because that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm done. You'll be getting divorce papers tomorrow. You can have the house and your car, everything else will be split fifty/fifty."

"But Don, I love you. Please don't do this to me. We can get past this. Please give me a second chance." Sylvia said to me between the sobs of her crying.

"I can't, Sylvia. I've met someone else and she makes me feel more loved and wanted than I have ever felt, even with you. I didn't do this to us, you did. I tried to get you not go out and give yourself to another man, but you didn't listen. I'm sorry but I don't love you or want you anymore.

"You might want to talk to your lawyer about suing Jerry for child support when you get one for the divorce." I said to her and heard her gasp of surprise. "Yes, I know you're pregnant and that was the straw that broke my back. I hope you have a good life with your new child, but I won't be a part of it after today.

"My lawyer is Charles Wellington and his contact information will be with the divorce papers tomorrow. Please call him if you need to, but don't call me ever again. Goodbye, Sylvia."

I did not feel any kind of emotions good or bad as I heard her wails of anguish over the phone before I disconnected the call. My guess was that my feelings for Rachel had already extinguished any spark of love I may have still had for Sylvia by then.

Rachel and I were like newlyweds for the next couple of weeks. We made love or fucked in every room of her big house, in and out of her pool, and even in the backseat of the Mercedes sedan she had along with her SL. I think we were both wishing we'd gotten together the first time I approached her back in college. I had not thought about my failing marriage or anything else that might have caused difficulties in my new relationship with Rachel; but my "happy as a pig in slop" days came to a near dead stop with two unexpected surprises, one from inside my marriage and the other from without.

"Hello Charles, are you calling me with some good news? Has Sylvia signed the divorce papers?" I answered my new phone the morning the first big blow occurred to my new life.

"No, she hasn't and the news is bad. Her lawyer is threatening to petition the court to order marriage counseling for the both of you. Unless there is something you can think of that we can humiliate her with to stop her from fighting the divorce, you'll be forced into counseling which will delay the divorce from being finalized." Charles informed me with I would swear to be a gleeful tone.

"Have you watched or listened to any of the recordings from my weekend away? Maybe she did something that weekend that we can use."

"No, I haven't watched or done anything with them. You said you didn't care anymore about coming out ahead so I didn't bother. I can access them today unless you want to."

"No, I don't. If I didn't have the stomach to listen to her escapades, I definitely don't have a strong enough one to see her in action if something did happen. You have my permission to view and listen to them and use whatever you find to stop her from prolonging our dead marriage. She killed it with her actions and by being disloyal to me when she listened to someone else instead of me. Your reputation of being a "shark" is the main reason I hired you so go rip her and her lawyer to pieces and get me my divorce." I told Charles, barely controlling my anger.

The second blow to my new happiness came the very next day when Rachel and I were both summoned to her father's office.

"Rachel is it true you have this man living with you?" Mr. Wells bellowed at us as soon as we were seated in his office.

"Yes Daddy, Don is living with me. Why are you so angry?" Rachel answered her father softly with a fearful tone which triggered my angry streak.

"You are upsetting her, you son of a bitch. Stop yelling at her like she was a child or..." I yelled back at him before he interrupted me.

"Or you'll what? For starters, she is my child and I'll yell at her if I want. For seconds, I don't want her involved with a married man who isn't worth her time. She needs to find a man that is more her equal, not some gold digging leach like you."

"Shut up, both of you just shut the hell up." Rachel started yelling in anger which was the prevailing emotion at that precise moment. "Daddy, Don is getting a divorce, he's not a gold digging leach, and I love him. If someone like John is who you think I need in my life, you need to think again. John wasn't close to being in Don's class as far as being a man is concerned. John didn't love me, wasn't faithful to me, and didn't know how to be honest if his life depended on it.

"Don loves me and don't ask me how that's possible because I can't explain it; but I know it's true. I also know he'll be faithful and honest with me about any and everything. Please Daddy, don't ruin my chance at true happiness by being an over protective ass. Please, can you do this one thing for me?"

"I presume that you plan on marrying when his divorce is final, then Rachel?" Mr. Wells asked in a calmer tone.

"Yes, we do. We were thinking we'd do it at the courthouse in front of a justice of the peace since we've both had the big wedding once. You and Don's parents can be our witnesses if you want."

"There will have to be a pre-nup between the two of you."

"I'm not after what Rachel has; I truly love her so I'll sign a pre-nup if it's fair and reasonable." I told Mr. Wells.

"Are you going to move out of my daughter's house until your divorce is final?"

"No, he's not Daddy. He has nowhere else to go and I couldn't bear being separated from him now that we've fallen in love with each other. I know you're worried about mine and the company's reputations, but it's 2014 not 1954 and you need to lighten up. Business people today only care about one thing, profit, so my living arrangements won't hurt the company and I don't care about what people think of me. Don and I love each other, want to be together, and that's all I care about."

"Fine! I'll have the company lawyer start on the pre-nup right away." Mr. Wells huffed at us before dismissing us from his office.

Charles called later that afternoon with the news of what he'd found in the laptop's files which was the first bit of what I took to be good news.

"Don, I viewed the video files from your weekend away and think I've found the leverage we need to force Sylvia into accepting the divorce, but I need you to give me the okay to do what I need to do."

"You have my permission to do whatever you need to so she'll stop fighting the divorce. Out of curiosity and without going into specifics, what have you found on the video?" I answered him.

"Only a little orgy your wife and another woman had in your house with four men on the Friday night you were gone is all. Do you need for me say anything more or was that enough? You do know I'll be threatening her with what's on the video, don't you Don?"

"Yes, but that's all I need to know. Do what you have to do so I can be free to be with the woman I know is my true soul mate. While we're talking, I need to know if you'll review a pre-nup between her and me when it's ready."

"Yes, I can. Pre-nups are part of Family Law and Family Law is what I do. I'll even prepare a counter for the one they give you if the terms are too harsh. If there's nothing else, I need to call your wife's lawyer and schedule a meeting with the two of them as soon as possible. I'll let you know how it goes after I've met with them. Hang in there, Don, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good bye." With those last words of encouragement, Charles hung up on me before I could reply.