All Comments on 'That Summer'

by MugsyB

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
softcaresssoftcaressalmost 16 years ago
Really nice...

Descriptive, poetic, erotic, wistful...

great work

luvmemoriesluvmemoriesalmost 16 years ago
Brilliant!

Here is a most erotic story told wonderfully. No foul language just a great use of english to arouse and describe the learing that every young man should go through. Not far away from my own experience with a woman 22 years older.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Excellent Story!

Well done..just a perfect erotic read..You have a sense for writng these, and I hope to enjoy further stories from you...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Fabulous

Your story had everything I look for, but rarely find in others: credibility, intimacy/respect, tenderness, build-up, sensuos foreplay,and amazingly passionate crescendos...wow!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Lovely & sad

So good, what a pity Alice is not still around, they could have gone back to wonderland.This story is without doubt one of the very best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
amazing

the initial love scene was presented perfectly - as if in slow motion. you are an amazing writer, and i look forward to reading your other posts.

rgraham666rgraham666almost 16 years ago
That was damn fine work

The two characters were richly described, their emotions full and deep.

An excellent piece of work.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
This is very good

and it is the first story by you that I have read so I guess I have some reading to do.Your descriptive powers are very good.Two questions though,what happened to Alice and why did he never return to see her again?

michchick98michchick98almost 16 years ago
WOW!

That little thermometer thing and the five stars aren't high enough to rate this story, Mugsy! TRULY OUTSTANDING! A perfect interpretation of a very cool song. Um...WOW! I'd say hands down this is your best work!

mtstorymtstoryalmost 16 years ago
Great story

Great story, but are you going to end it there. I can see more chapters. Thanks

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 16 years ago
Very Nice Erotic Romance

Very well written story, MB!

cageyteecageyteealmost 16 years ago
A really well written, wonderful story!

This is the first of your stories I have read and I enjoyed it very, very much! I'm looking forward to reading more of your work and hoping I'll enjoy it just as much. Congratulations on a terrific story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
One of the Best

One of the finest stories I've read on this site. Tender loving relationship between a young man and a mature lovely woman . Wonderful writing author. Have to check and see any other stories you have written. Thanks for writing.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great!

One of the best I've ever read. Is there a sequel coming?

sexysmilesexysmilealmost 16 years ago
Wonderful

I am new to your work but I will be checking out your other submissions momentarily. This is very well written erotica. Thank you for taking the time to craft a thoughtful story.

billc393billc393almost 16 years ago
Well done!

I found myself wondering, all through the memories why he hadn't gone back to the farm. <br><br>If he still misses her that much, there has to be a reason they never got back together... I would have been returning summer after summer!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Well written, but...

Regardless of what happened that summer, the protagonist was an asshole--just look at what he did to Gloria. It was disappointing not to see him get his comeuppance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
EXACTLY the story I wanted to read tonight!

Sexy and fun, friendly, romantic, erotic, you just hit all the great points. We need more stories like this: seductive, caring affairs are a rarity among the OW/YM literature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
wow a amazing story

wow that was a great story, i haft to say it is in the top 3 of my all time favorite stories. Great work and keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Such a rip-off

The story is great, it should be, Garth Brooks sold a million copies of it. You ripped him off his hit song "That Summer" has been around for years, the dramatic scene where she greets him with a "hot cup of coffee and a smile, in a dress I am certain she hadn't worn in quite a while." Again there is the lyrics "when I whispered that I never, she softly whispered thats alright." Like I said it's a great story you should just have given credit where credits due.

faithful101faithful101almost 14 years ago
Wow!!

What a wonderful romantic story! I must say that your first attempt at describing the male perspective in the first person has been an unqualified success, at least for me. I am a card-carrying, red-blooded male and found it easy and natural to identify with your protagonist, even though I had to project my consciousness back over 40 years to do so. I could easily see myself feeling and doing everything like Eric did, and the whole story just rang true. Thank you for writing it and making my day!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 13 years ago
Truly beautiful.

I don't think Garth would object to your story. While he, too, has a wonderful talent, so do you. It was a tender and poignantly beautiful love story. I've not read a better one anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
That summer

I know I am just a sentimental old codger but I really loved "That Summer"!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I love the romance

Probably my favorite story on the whole site--has been for years.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
What isn't there to like?

A tender, loving story of a time when an inexperienced young man's dreams first came true. Mugsy, you've perfectly captured the conflict, the emotions, and the physical attraction between Alice and Erik.

One of the best stories I've read on Lit for awhile. Unfortunately, I couldn't give it more than five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
absolutely lovely tale

Unfortunately; Alice appears to have been wrong though, because every woman that he meets fails to stand up to "that summer" aka Alice. That was why it wouldn't work with Gloria; but he promised Alice to try.

The thing is; I can believe it. Sometimes you meet someone so special that there will never be anyone better... DKP

I myself was hoping that they would get back together on their own anyway.

smc331smc331over 10 years ago
As poignant as the song that was your inspiration...

Well done. I wish I had 1/10th of your writing talent...simply superb.

photolvrphotolvralmost 10 years ago
Thank you.

Simply perfect. I remember my first too. I read most of this through tear filled eyes. So wonderful...thank you.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 9 years ago
Brilliant as Always

I love the song "That Summer" by Garth Brooks. And living in Nashville I've had the opportunity to see him out and about on several occasions. He's a super person and I'm sure that he would love this story just as much as I did. Well done MugsyB!

MP

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
That song has haunted me for years

Thank you ,wish it could have happened to me.

buckshot46buckshot46about 7 years ago
Love knows no age.

Memories of my 'summer' flooded back. 1971 is as fresh as yesterday.

Damp eyes and all, thank you. An ancient romantic.

CoralseaCoralseaover 3 years ago
Great character build up.

It was a great story, not every story has to be “happily ever after”. Everyone has to find their way in life, so it’s good to keep readers wondering what happened to Alice, if he ever saw her again, etc...

A sequel is not always needed, it drives me nuts when I read comments of people looking for Harlequin stories on this site, anyway, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Heart breaking but nicely done.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 1 year ago

The best, most touching first time ever. Thank you so very much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMugsyB@MugsyB
2735 Followers
March 2021- Update: I'm not sure when or why, but the first chapter of my three-part story, "Bring on the Wonder" has disappeared. I think the powers that be removed it by accident when I requested a different story be removed. As of right now, I don't know where my original ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES