All Comments on 'The Amazing Roommate'

by c1992w

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
mmyesmmyesabout 10 years ago
Great!

I was a bit struck by the lack of sexual detail. eventually I realised it was probably to keep the more restricted flavor typical of oriental cultures. You will probably get panned on a vote system, especially around here.

you might have drawn out some of the sequences where you were involved to a more American voyeur and left her reactions as written. The contrast would have been interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good stuff

I started to read this and almost put it down. The lack of detailed sex scenes and the highly formalized writing would have been easy to turn away from, until I became engrossed in the love story. As I did my graduate work in Cambridge I recognized much of what you talked about, as well as the cultural meetings/clashes that occur in the atmosphere of academe. You did a great job.

oldnornryoldnornryabout 10 years ago
And a happy ending

Your story depicted such a lifelike progression of the relationship that it didn't need much sexual detail. Although, a little enhancement would not have hurt the overall flow of things. A chapter 2 would be nice, explaining the happy reunion, in detail. Great story! Keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great story

i would have given 5 stars if i could and hope you consider writing another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
By "Authors Forward: " ...

... did you mean "Authors Foreword: "??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nice!

Well done!,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Your two lucky People

Wow It's rare such a great love story in such a mixed up world. Sweet

Euklid46Euklid46about 10 years ago
FANTASTIC!

Please, do not stop submitting great stories like this one! I've read many, many submissions to this really great site. Yours is, by far, the ABSOLUTE best that I have read! I don't know if this is a true experience or not, but it doesn't matter. A TRULY beautiful, sensual submission. Thank you! I challenge you to top this submission!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
3*s

You can see c1992w this is an easier category than Loving Wives. The errors in your writing is forgiven. I am glad for you. The comments are much nicer. Maybe later you

will allow ratings again. We will give you more stars then you won't feel so bad.

Love you, mom.

AMerryMan

FYHBFYHBabout 10 years ago
Amazing...

One would never think of of ratiing this less than a 5 more like a 10 would be more truthful.

gulshannraygulshannrayabout 10 years ago
THE AMAZING ROOM MATE

VERY BEAUTIFUL STORY NARRATED VERY NICELY.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well done

Couldn't have had a better ending to a story with fire between the main characters.

auhunter04auhunter04about 10 years ago
Thank You

I was concerned that you were going to leave our hero swinging in the wind

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
quite clinical

we know he lost his heart in the divorce, did she lose hers when the relationship with her ex ended?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story - Rightbank is in Left Field

Some people just don't get it. A tale well told.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Wonderful

Such a lovely story. It's damn near the perfect short story. The only way it could be better in my humble opinion would have been to include him proposing and her accepting. Although a short epilogue of how their lives turned out would be the perfect end to the story.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Second reading

An enjoyable story. I can understand it is an acceptable conclusion, but I wished the story continued on further after her return to Boston before ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous