All Comments on 'The Bar and Grill Pt. 04'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 498 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This at best a 5 page story that is bloated out to 20. There is so little actual content and development here that it's truly astounding that the majority of you are either too easily impressed or simply dumb. It's probably both. Seriously people, this isn't very good and the plot does not sustain 20 pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Only thing is I kept getting hungry while reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really loved the story, well written. Loved the way friends came to the rescue and not Tim going all gung ho on the Randy character. Makes things a little more realistic. Wish you were still writing.

LwcbyLwcbyover 2 years ago

Loved all the recipes, good story

paulsubpaulsubover 2 years ago

I like the way you can create your characters so completely that I feel like I know them.

You have the ability to write about mundane scenes and hold my interest. I am an avid

fiction reader of all subjects. The best authors can keep you reading and and wanting more even when there is no action just by feeling the character's life in his shoes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Extremely well written.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Really great story.

He said this was about you and if so I am so sorry about the way your life is gone.

I really hope you fought through that and cannot better on the other side.

The stories are wonderful please keep them coming.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

This story as such depth and warmth. It really takes you to such lows and then such highs that you can really feel the characters feelings and emotions. Such realism in the characters.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

This is a fantastic story. A truly beautiful arc for the now happy family. Even feel a sort of self realization with some of the descriptions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written story. Several of the explanations were amazing touching on realities that many have experienced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful Story, realistic, moving and heartwarming. Outstanding writing. A Masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really wish this was longer, had more suspense as to who Tim ended up with, had more fleshed out characters, and was overall just more.

ecboyecboyover 2 years ago

Can’t add anything to the comment by Lawrie1941. Fantastic story.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Possibly the best story I have read in literotica. I believe you have the talent and the imagination to make it as a successful novelist. Very enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm not sure why all the love for this story. It's just another cookbook in search of a real story, because this one is filled with cardboard characters: Our hero is a saint who has no faults at all. His ex-wife is a cheat with no redeeming qualities--she's even a bad mother. His best friend is a horn-dog but with a heart of gold. Even his high school crush is a virtual goddess who returns to town to provide sexual healing. His new girlfriend is your typical damsel in distress. And then, to top it off, the author claims this is a true story and it's autobiographical. Made me cringe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mighty fine story. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Made me "hungry" quite often though...

A few typos but outstanding storyline, storytelling.

Thank you very much.

ohhfineohhfinealmost 3 years ago

Very much appreciated the story and hesitancy on porn, caught me right at the start and held me to the end.. we’ll done, going to look at more of your stuff

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story has everything - plot, character development, and excellent execution. Better than most commercial fiction. There are several writers here who write at this level.

sloggersloggeralmost 3 years ago

Second read is a good as the first. Thank you!

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Excellent 4 part story. Gave all 4 parts 5 stars each. Excellent writing skills. Again, I wish the author was still writing. Maybe he is under another handle!

LkochhhLkochhhalmost 3 years ago

I really like the passion put in the description of the kitchen work! The recipes make my mouth water... Gives the story a credible background. I sincerely hope that you didn't really get stabbed, though - too much drama to my taste. Looking forward to more stories from you!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

Some guys are just damn good writers.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 3 years ago

All right. In order… the recipes were amazing, the drama was believable, and the characters spoke to me. Try a mixture of Dijon mustard, horse radish, and cream cheese as a wrap for a Beef Wellington and to make it even better use a bison roast instead of beef! Cover with puff pastry and brush with egg white. Chateau Neuf du Pape pairs well! Good cooking…

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story! I would have loved more Jenny fucking - that was awesome. And, yes, I’m pretty sure you meant consecutively, not concurrently, with respect to Randy’s prison sentences…

gfrhgfrhabout 3 years ago
I waited to comment

I wanted to finish the story before I left a comment. I really enjoyed this. Good job.

A few mistakes on names in places, but pretty easy to figure out who you were writing about. Thanks for posting.

Karn9Karn9about 3 years ago

Great series story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hello Rhenquist,

I read this a while back and it popped into my head so I reread it. This is the first comment I ever wrote on this site and I wanted to say this was an EXCELLENT story. Absolutely amazing. Not only did it have the usual LW themes (cheating, recovery) its one of the few that shows the responsibility (not fault) the spouse has in rebuilding a better life and relationship. I loved the contract between Nicole and Nina, even in their style of single parenthood. I loved the side characters, especially the uncle. Fantastic work.

xtremeddxtremeddabout 3 years ago

Gooder evry time I re read it.

Thanks for sharing all your hard work with us Lit.

x

ribnitinribnitinabout 3 years ago

Great story.

"The sentences run concurrently, so he'll be about a hundred before he gets out. " I think you meant that they sentences run consecutively...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Second time through

I had forgotten how really good it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"The sentences run concurrently, so he'll be about a hundred before he gets out. Good luck, prick. "

Concurrently means at the same time, you meant sequentially.

Great read otherwise, thanks for writing it

Just_John1Just_John1about 3 years ago

Awesome story. What a great read! Thank you for sharing your work. Great character development, good story line, very few errors. I will be reading the rest of your work. Nice job!

JJ1

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Great story, figured that guy did in Nics husband. Hope all the good things that happened were true. After a rocky start with my second wife and her 4 kids we spent 40 years together and I mean everything together, Shopping, skiing, tennis, hiking with the kids, hunting mushrooms and eating them. Did alot of Ebay to. Her kids (well there are mine to) love me my two hate me thanks to my ex who left to go screw around. Women, some good some bad, some understanding and some not. Me? I don't understand much at almost 80. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Yes, Tim is a dumbass, and thankfully he was able to escape from Psycho cunt Nina.

I really despise the Jenny DiMarco character, a cruel bitch who would slice someone open who said she cared about but judged to be too soft for her.....in public and in front of a careless juvenile “friend” in Jammer. If she was legit she would have taken care of her business in private. But that’s not who she is, so IMO she’s just another hateful cunt who can’t contemplate how awful she is. I’ve known women like this.

I feel very badly for Emily and Nadine who are saddled with perpetual drama and turmoil and now have no one to help them. Kids need structure and at least some discipline and these two are adrift at a very vulnerable part of their life. I don’t much care for Nina’s happiness but it would have been satisfying to close the arc of the girls in a constructive manner.

5* for the whole series

~Enkidu

vixen8884vixen8884over 3 years ago
Very Talented

I love the written word. I read a lot. I know good from bad. You are very talented and I like your style. One small correction. The sentences for Randy would most assuredly have been consecutive and not concurrent as he was already out on bond. You are meticulous with your descriptions of food preparation. Law is my area of expertise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really good

The sex is akways better when you care about the characters.

You did it well

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

*****

Nailed Itttttt !!!!!!!!!

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago
Great series not as good as the other chapters

Great series. This was the only one I gave less than a 5 on. Nina was updated through out the story but not really the two daughters. The younger one was really raised knew him as a father figure

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
YUP

1. Except for the lack of petty meaness, you nailed the small town folk.

2. See. A lot of myself in you except you learned and grew, I didn't. Good for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

I hope Randy Enjoys Being Bubba's New Girlfriend in Prison .. Great Story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

OMGawd ...I just LURRVE a happy ending ....🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗....

Eatdessert1stEatdessert1stover 3 years ago

Don’t know what it is...but when I read your stories, my eyes drip. Don’t think it’s allergies ‘cause it also happens when I hear a great orchestra play, or see a wonderful piece of artwork. I’m moved. I like that. So few authors are able to touch me this way.

Thank you. Well done.

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

I really hope Rehnquist is alive and well. He is one of the top 3 writers on this site and we need more stories of this quality. If you are reading this please come back. It has been too long since you posted and you are missed. Easiest 5 stars I have given.

biggeoff35biggeoff35almost 4 years ago

Thank you for your time and effort i love your story .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I can see it now.... Rehnquist typing away at his computer writing about Tim telling Nichole that Randy murdered her husband. Its full of emotion and tragedy. He then thinks, oh yeah, perfect spot for a food tip. Lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I feel bad about the preface. I know he is long gone from the site but Rhenquist wasn't dumb. He is/was an emotional guy with a great deal of empathy. That is why he is a knight and quite frankly the world could do with more men like him. They do tend to love easily and forgive a lot even at the expense of their own feelings and self esteem. This is why they aren't really able to have a FWB relationship. Feelings will always get in the way and they can ruin a friendship. They also tend to gravitate towards people with baggage. That isn't necessarily bad but if the person they chose to love is just looking to be rescued (Nina) then he will feel unfulfilled and unloved. He will convince himself otherwise but in the end both end up apart and hurt or together and miserable.

My husband is a knight. I knew from the moment I met him and yes, I had baggage, a lot of baggage. I didn't need or want to be rescued. I was already working to rescue myself. I was determined to fix my own mess but I realized that I could use a partner. His generous spirit, love and compassion has always been there to encourage and support me. In turn I make damned certain that he is loved, knows he is loved and never under appreciated. We are together years later and stronger today than yesterday as the saying goes. He will always be a knight but we are partners first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I Don't See

Tim as in any way, shape or form as a wimp, rather a very good man who was always working for the betterment of his family and friends. Even though there was a time he was taken advantage of, there should be more people like him around us.

Other than the two main characters my favorites were Uncle Jack, Lonnie, Ted, little Alistair and of course Ernie. Jenny, Clara and Jammer get honorable mentions.

I did notice what is probably a mistake with showing the sentences as concurrent rather than consecutive as was mentioned a few comments before me.

"He says you owe him two gift certificates now," Nicole said. "Not just the one like last time." "Tell him he can have three," I said." Seems to me that Lonnie and family deserve a lifetime gift certificate printed in gold leaf.

Something I forgot to mention previously was the tip about not letting stock boil, only barely simmer. That answers the question about it turning out cloudy, I have a chicken carcass to cook down tomorrow, thanks for that.

Whatever category these chapters were placed in, stories don't get any better than this. You've been absent a long time now, I'm one of the majority hoping you'll return. Signed: BTW

DarknsDarknsalmost 4 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, you’re a genuine storyteller

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
One of the Best!!!

Great story. Sorry I started reading your stuff so late. Please try to put out some more stories if you're able... 5 Stars again!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Damned Eye

Been having eye problems all weekend, and reading this story just made them leak more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Realy, really miss...

I'll come straight out and admit it --- I really, really miss your stories.

I hope you are still with us on this mortal coil - any chance of another --- after all this time?

VBR

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re Randy's sentences for murder, etc.

Great story and recipes. Especially the stuffed french toast.

Randy's criminal sentences were probably consecutiive, not concurrent, so he would have to serve 82 years (time off for good behavior? With 1st degree murder conviction, etc., probably not.).

I don't know if anyone has already commented about this, but it's late at night and I'm not going to read 300+ comments to check.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Damn good story, good recipes too.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 4 years ago
Fantastic

Thank You - a true 5 and one of the best stories I've read. Good character development. Please keep writing them like this. I'll have to read the rest of your writings now:)

I understand this story is based on your own life. I sincerely hope you and your family have lived a happy life.

CarlySandsCarlySandsabout 4 years ago
Constructive criticism

"watched her reflection in the mirror. The long slow strokes of the brush down her hair, her proud, upturned breasts--little more than a handful but shaped as if by a master sculptor--her flat, taut belly flaring to her slightly jutting hipbones, the bubble of her perfect ass rising. And her mons. Shaved bare, completely without hair. I'd never seen one shaved all the way, at least not outside a porno flick.

When my eyes traveled back up her body, though, "

This doesn't make any sense. You're not going to go all the way down her body and miss bruises. Any person would see them fairly quickly, no matter how hot she is. What's happening is that you've misplaced the description of her appearance because you want to get right to it. It ignores humanity of the narrator, who can't dissect her body like this and fail to mention bruises. You have to describe her earlier in the story, then have him see her bruised.

FljimFljimabout 4 years ago
Really good!

Thank you

myassisdraginmyassisdraginover 4 years ago
Great story..

You tell us to drop by The Bar and Grill and I would if it was close enough to this grizzled old biker, BUT, it would help if we knew where it was.. LOL

Great series. Love ll your writings...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Keep it up!

Your stories are the best of all the thousands I have read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Very Enjoyable Read

So happy to discover your work. I thoroghly enjoyed the story and your writing style. Look forward to reading some more of your stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolutely Amazing

Very good story. Great characters. I only wish it was longer!! A full novel on these characters would be well worth the read. I hope you write on this site again!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An intriguing, Very enjoyable Story

Thanks to the writer for an excellent plot, interesting characters who develop and are developed well. I care about these people! J.

WillupbossWillupbossover 4 years ago
SUCH A GREAT STORY

Great story and exceptionally well written. I look forward to reading everything else you have submitted. Thanks for putting in the effort to keep us entertained. Job well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This guy....

...is just the best. Nuff said? I think so!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well Done

I just finished reading the whole series and you have deprived me of sleep that I sorely need. That's an endorsement of a good story and a good story series. You obviously put a lot of work and effort into the stories and I have read about half of your stories. You have a real talent here. This last series could easily have been one of the sappy Hallmark movies but with much more grit. Thanks for a great read!

qhml1qhml1over 4 years ago
When things get really bad on Lit

This is one of my go to stories. It's well written, excellent plot, very few mistakes, just a good, well rounded story. I always thought it should be professionally published. I know you're long gone from the site and will probably never read this, but you're still the man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Enjoyed all your stories. Very well written. Keep it up and hope you will write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bravo!!

You sir can write.. I wish you give us some more.. Thanks..

flarebel2327flarebel2327almost 5 years ago
stories

have read these don't know how any times . have gone back when I need a pick me up. had a wife like Nina she didn't stay around long either .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
One of the best storie on this site.

Excellent story. Very well written. I was with you the whole time. That's a compliment as I get bored with stories--I think I've read a few too many.

The recipes. On one hand I thought there are too many. On the other hand, you're descriptions are so good that I want to learn how to cook. So, in a final analysis they were worth the time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
NICE .

SUPERB STORY AS USUAL, FOUND THE LAST CHAPTER A LITTLE WEEK, OVERALL OUTSTANDING, JUST 5⭐️.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Superb

BULL SHIT💩💩💩 HE IS

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
GREAT WRITING

A truly fabulous story, told with skill, care and a great deal of heart. Thank You 5*****+

peter944peter944about 5 years ago
Awesome

I waited till the end to comment., but vey well done. Loved the characters, the way you entertained story lines, everything. I know I am way late in reading this, but nicely done. Please write more.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago

Great little story, first part was Abit slow but still a great thing to read to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bopting, so boring...

Too long, so boring, nothing interesting happens, talk talk talk

Can’t understand the high rating

😝🤮

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
inside views

The story line follows a rather direct path and yet if based mostly on history best to follow the track well traveled. More important in this writing is the attempt to get into the minds and thoughts of the individuals involved. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is another Gem !

I am amazed how you create and maintain characters. Pretty sure I spend too much time at the office reading your work. Once I start one of your stories I have to finish it.

paulsubpaulsubover 5 years ago
A romantic story with angst, heartbreak, and love

Meeting your characters and getting to know them as friends, lovers, and villains makes this a very special story. It is delightfully difficult to put down once you start reading. Thank you for sharing 😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Want more

Does anyone know anything about his new works or if he may return to write some more stories?

brownmobbrownmobover 5 years ago
given that you are a comment whore, here goes

Damn dude, just love this story, glad to hear your life turned out great, please keep writing luv your stuff, and if i do ever get over your side of the world will defiantly look you up. all the best for the future. Aussie bloke :)

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Bravo

This was a masterpiece! Excellent work...I wish I could give it a 10!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

I couldn't stop reading this story. Great read from being to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Writing, Great Story

And that’s about all I can say about it, other than that I enjoyed reading it and hated that the story had to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story Teller

Rehnquist tells a great story. The Bar and Grill is really good. I would tell you that if you read more of his stories be sure to read them in the order they were written because they have crossover characters and it will be easier to understand in my opinion.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 5 years ago
Wonderful story

GRAND ! Enjoyed it tremendously and continue to do so each time I read it again !

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Easy to read

Liked it very much. It was a little predictable, but the way I hoped it would be. I will read more of his/her stories.

PilotshopPrincessPilotshopPrincessover 5 years ago
Loved

Truly a great story!!

SunloverSunloveralmost 6 years ago
Great story.

Great story with excellent plot. Very well written and hard to put down. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks

Excellent story...very impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
anti vs ante

You used the term `antipasto`. The proper term is 'ante pasto'. Ante is Latin for 'before'. Pasto is latin for 'food'. Most Italian restaurants use the totally incorrect and stupid term 'anti pasta' ... against spaghetti ... really?

Great story and enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Enjoyed it.

Very good story. Thanks. Almost want to learn how to cook.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
Loved it

What an engaging story!

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 6 years ago
"Could care less"

I think you meant, "COULDN'T care less. The title means there is yet room for less caring. Mine means there is no more room to care less.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
consecutively

not concurrently

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Lives Enjoyed Through Silver Linings

Didn't comment until this final segment of this well-told,well-written tale of the roller coaster ride that is Life. Talk about ups and downs,maddone! (And in the case of the instigator,Randy,ba fangul!) ~~~ Lots of interesting characters in this story from Tim and Nicole to Nina,Jammer,Jenny,Lonnie Mack, Uncle Jack,Clara,Alistair Jr.,Sgt Moss,ERNIE,Gertie,and even Nicole's cheese-loving father. ~~~ As far as the plot,talk about ,"When life gives you lemons,make lemonade" ! Tim and Nicole had so many ups and downs in their lives that each must have thought that life was an elevator. ~~~ (Considering Randy's knife-work,I was hoping we'd find out that after playing the pin-cushion for the boys in prison for 10 years,he'd be shanked.) ~~~ A memorable story and my compliments for a superior effort,Rehnquist!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

These are people I might know. It is enjoyable reading. Love it. Slap hapy papy #9

A

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5 star as usual.

bottom page 3, consecutively (longer) or concurrently ? Either way he would die in prison( without time off for "good behavior" which in his case is questionable). Love your stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous