All Comments on 'The Bar and Grill Pt. 04'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 496 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Well done

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

xhristianj's comments below are just fucking funny.

How really wierd it would be to live your life looking ar every single man and having to put him into one of two categories. Like the following process:

"My boss isn't a loud gym-rat braggart who hits on every attractive woman he comes into contact with? He must be a Beta male."

"That plumber's handshake was firm and he looked me in the eyes so he must be an Alpha male."

Just randomly throughout every day dropping men into alpha and beta categories as part of your life.

And based on your comments you really believe that shit?

Life with you and all of your manly buddies who all demonstrate the overtly masculine and testosterone filled behaviors must be so much fun.

Good God the world is full of fucking morons.

GardenshedGardenshed22 days ago

Great story. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

For Anon three months ago who dinged the story one star, be ause Tim didn't have his own kid. There is one in Nicole's belly.

As for the story, very well conceived and enjoyable. I didn't ming the recipe aside. Five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGaabout 1 month ago

Ditto what EHP4269 said.

EHP4269EHP4269about 2 months ago

I am not sure if Rehnquist is still reading the comments he is getting for the stories he wrote so many years ago. I hope he is as I have thoroughly enjoyed reading his stories and I want him to know that his writing continues to bring happiness in this crazy world will are living in. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well written, and not oversexed

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Its really amazing how well psychopaths can blend into the public scenery, their evil perverted perversions all bottled up, until released in private, devastating lives both indiv and family. I believe in the death penalty, and while sometimes i feel like its worse to live your life treated as a low life abnormality in jail, escapees make me think that death is best even if not as terrible a punishment for the scumbags. Does guarantee no recidivism, and safety of the public.

Great story, decent MC deserved a good happy ending, nina got what she deserved. rk

TwmatthewsTwmatthews2 months ago

Another really good Rehnquist story. What I particularly like about his stories are the settings in which they take place. For example, this one takes place at a bar and restaurant. The descriptions of the food made me want to stop and make a sandwich or a stew. Character development is so beautifully drawn that I found myself resenting Nina's daughters.

I have one technical correction. Randy wouldn't serve his sentences concurrently which means at the same time. He would have served them sequentially if the intent was to serve one sentence first and then start the second.

All in all, well done.

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

This is a GOOD story. I missed the part where you say its your life, until this last chapter. Damn, must've been one hell of a ride. Im gonna. Read it again later and try to figure out whats real and what no so much. I liked the tips and recipes . I enjoy cooking a lot, for me and friends and family. Im gonna try de french toast cheesecake. My wife will love it. Thanks for sharing! 5 stars

NeurodivergentNeurodivergent4 months ago

I loved reading this story for the third time. I’m not going to second guess characterization or motives - real life people are actually even more complicated than these folks because our stories have more time to tell. But the emotions are real. In that sense it’s like peeping into someone’s most impactful year. Thanks for the great free read.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

4 stars. If Tim had a kid of his own that would of got you the 5th star.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

60 year sentence plus a 22 year sentence, concurrently only goes 60 maximum.

However, 60 year sentence plus a 22 year sentence, CONSECUTIVELY would go 82 maximum!

NYmaestroNYmaestro4 months ago

The guy below me 😂😂😂😂

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice story with some interesting elements, not the usual lw fare.

Sadly, I suspect Tim's obsession with anal sex and his general demeaner implies that he's a homosexual and some time down the line he'll come out and it'll end up ruining Nicole's life.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Rehnquist crafts his characters so well. Brilliant writer.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

damn,nice story . but that last line made me hungry !!

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
The

Series was great a gifted writer thank you

KahunabobKahunabob6 months ago

Man. I know you haven't written anything under this alias on Literotica since 2011. But these stories are timeless. Slice of life with a bit of naughty. Or Nekkid as Tim'd call it. Filed under loving wives, but Romance'd fit too. Ticks all the boxes. Some exitement, some humor, some naughty bits, some hardship, some redemption, some healing. I'll be making my way through the rest of your stories. Who needs sleep, right? ;-) 5/5.

Grote_01Grote_016 months ago

Great story, well done

TwmatthewsTwmatthews6 months ago

The characters and plot for the story were so well developed. My one complaint was that the recipes seemed so interesting and so mouth watering, that I found myself getting up late at night looking for something to eat. Even my second read was compelling because the characters were so well drawn. Well done!

SatyrDickSatyrDick6 months ago

[24.10.23]

Top Shelf!

11/10 Pugs!!!!!

Hiram325Hiram3257 months ago

Your stories are among my very favorite ones on this site. Well done!

ScubaTykeScubaTyke8 months ago

Wow, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
Thanks

I have read this several times and it always cheers me up.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Randy should have been a primary suspect in her husband's murder once his abusive nature revealed itself but everyone seemed clueless.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Enjoyed the entire story from beginning to end!Excellent character development,I thought like I knew them all. (Did wonder how Nina’s 2 girls were doing at the end.)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Liked this story, especially the recipes and food descriptions.

Texican1830Texican183010 months ago

Damn you’re good! The Lazy Lemon Sun hooked on this site, but I enjoy every story.

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr10 months ago

My favorite of your stories.

Single mom's don't get enough love. Nicole is the best of the "post cheating" girls you've written. Very authentic.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Friggin' awsome.

Wish we could view on the screen. (Large or small...)

Really nice job!

HeypossumHeypossum11 months ago

Loved the story

LickideesplitLickideesplit11 months ago

I am sure some commenter as (or more) anal than I am has already pointed out that concurrent prison sentences run together rather than one and then the other. But I am not going to scan through 400 plus comments.

5*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the best stories I've read here!

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy5911 months ago

Doesn't get much better than this one!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Goodness! That is a great story. Hope your life really did turn out like this with a wonderful family to enjoy. Thanks so much for sharing!

Ohman1963Ohman196312 months ago

Here’s to hoping Rehnquist is still around-thank you for a 5 star story! And if he is, gotta ask what’s his favorite Roast Beef po boy place in NOLA?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Sorry, skipped most of chp 2 and all of 3, went to last page of 4, and sure enough didn’t miss anything other than some cooking tips I suppose.

ComefindmeComefindme12 months ago

This was a fun ride, it's not often you get an LW story that's so much about introspection and rebuilding yourself.

Would have liked a few more personal interactions with Nicole outside of work, or just more in depth anyways, it kinda felt like they skipped any friendship/courting, I know it was a time skip, but to me, would have added an extra layer of depth for the payoff of their romance.

Other than that was really good, liked the shout out to stuffed french toast, let's be honest, it's one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story! My second reading and I liked it even better than the first time. Thanks for writing it!!

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Very enjoyable story second read and it’s been a few years. Especially enjoyed the cooking tips

The_Bob69The_Bob69about 1 year ago

I realy think this series was very well writen.

grogers7grogers7about 1 year ago

I read this excellent novella when you first published it here. This is my third reading, and more than a decade later it is still captivating. Thanks for you art.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 year ago

I am not well educated, but I kill over 100 books a yr and I think u tell a story just as well as any of them

kameljockeykameljockeyabout 1 year ago

I'm not a writer, I'm not educated, but I do know when I enjoy a story and this is one of those. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really good. Will look at your other stories because I liked this one so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best authors here. Great story. I hope you are well Rehnquist. You have a rare talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I realise that author stopped writing a long time ago. Hope he is still going well.

Great character development and a lovely thoughtful story. As others have said, a talent and it is just sad that there seems to be nothing more, hopefully because there is lots of other even more interesting things for the author to do. Well done. Great read.

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 1 year ago

Wonderful well written story. Not sure where you get your idea's for your stories, just hope they keep coming to you as I am looking forward to more.

Jake7518Jake7518over 1 year ago

I'm a retired chef and it's a joy to read such accurate cooking instruction on Literotica.

The character development was great as always from you!

Thank you

RandallQRandallQover 1 year ago

Second read and it was better than ever. 5 stars. Love the plot and character development that pulls you into the story. Wish we had more of Rehnquist to entertain us so thoroughly.

BabalooieBabalooieover 1 year ago

Very well done. You have a rare talent.

LindsaygjLindsaygjover 1 year ago

Really like some of these longer more convoluted stories. Please keeping writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Here's another 5 stars for you, Mr. Rehnquist. Wherever you are, thanks for posting and I really hope to see more from you in the future. Well done.

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

A wonderful tale that does warn the heart. The use of cooking and recipes to bring two people together was enjoyable to read. I love this author’s use of dialogue and humor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thankyou for a story with real world characters. Met many of these folk over the years. Some of them I wish I hadn't! But here they all contributed to a damn good story.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

For those who thought I was trolling Rehnquist because of my disdain for his less than manly characters I don't think being anti beta males makes you a Troll? The obvious dichotomy was always the lead character being demure almost passive in the quiet male protagonist role. Yet the more overt manly roles were portrayed as wife beaters, rapists and overt criminals so to say a narrative was being crafted is not much of an exaggeration.

Enlightened Beta Males who give up all semblance to accepted Male Behaviours and Mannerisms are socially and romantically acceptable but overt Male Aggression is in fact Illegal if not Evil. Got to love all those subtleties authors use to promote an Agenda.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Top story. Top writing. Top author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Been a while since I read this one but it was even better than I remembered, this time around. I agree with Mrfriendly8181, I really wish he was still here. 5⭐️s, of course.

JaxxonZJaxxonZover 1 year ago

this series of stories was magnificent, I loved all the recipes shared, character development and everything else.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 1 year ago

Love your stories, and wish there were more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love this story, has it all, and is probably my favorite of Rehnquist's stories. Wish he was still here.

irinmikeirinmikeover 1 year ago

Very well done. I enjoyed this simple tale especially the side bars at the restaurant.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Awesome is a trite-sounding word. each of the Rehnquist stories is a treat. Bet you've got one more. Thanks so much in any case.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

A meal at the Bar and Grill would be great. Marvelous story. If you have another story, let it out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very interesting story, with great characters & storyline. As with all your stories, it’s well written with good spelling and grammar. I do love a happy ending to a fairytale.

It does, however, contain one of my pet hates; namely the total breach of trust by women because they simply can’t keep their bloody mouths closed. They have to run around telling all their bedroom secrets to every Tina, Deborah & Harriet. It destroys the trust in a relationship & eventually leads to their men not telling them anything. “You can trust me, I promise I won’t tell” is on a par with “The cheque is in the post” as one of the biggest lies in the World.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

It takes a bunch of intestinal fortitude for writers to put ourselves out here to face the trolls and critics, but it takes so much more to bring out a story that is based on our own reality, our own history, and the inevitable mis-steps that make up a life. To do so as well as this is laudable! Thank you for sharing and I sincerely hope that the experience was worthwhile for you. It certainly was for us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your best story so far! (I am reading from the top down on this site.)

I think all of us are too soon old, too late smart. I think that is what you are saying in some of your remarks before some stories begin. Certainly is true in my life..........allenburwell@yahoo.com, age 76, New Ulm, TX

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good one, I really enjoyed this series. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Almost perfectly told/written story.

@ErotFan

You found Nina to be a sympathetic character?!

The flakey cheating self serving bitch who lies an makes her new husband watch her spoiled brats while she goes out on dates?

Who coldly just moves and serves him divorce papers without looking back?

She cheated once. Then cheats again. Is royally fucking up her life AND the lives of her children.

I found her to be a self centered narcissistic character who is a taker. Not giving in the ways that count in a marriage. Has no real substance. Horrific decision making. Not a good person. And has almost zero self-awareness. I felt no sympathy for her as I read her lame Christmas Day bullshit sob story. Like those tears were conjured up to try and sway him. She starts with "the girls miss you."

Yeah right. They miss someone they could treat like shit and manipulate. And she missed him because he did EVERYTHING for her and she didn't have to do shit. Who wouldn't love that relationship? I put 10 percent effort in...and you put 90 percent effort in. That seems like the perfect relationship.

I found her character to be detestable. Not sympathetic. Not nice. And kind of pathetically stupid.

But hey. Your opinion. Like my high school baseball coach used to say. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 2 years ago

I don't know if Rehnquist still reads comments 10+ years after submittal but here goes.

I found this story a little fairy tale-ish. The restaurant/chef/recipe settings added this feeling naturally. Not as compelling as Lazy Lemon Sun (a favorite). His self-description as a Knight I think reflected how the MC thought about himself but NOT how he acted, particularly with Nina.

I found the Nina character quite interesting and insufficiently fleshed out to fill the villain role in this fairy tale. Certainly not evil enough to cause her treatment in the "shivering on the porch" scene and subsequent confrontation. She comes across as a very sympathetic character, especially in the final nursing milieu. A person that NEEDS a Knight.

I found your little spat with DQS1 and WWWM distracting and somewhat off-putting. One wonders what prompted it and it invites speculation about motivation. Are these two nom de plumes of the same author? Are they friends tweaking each others noses? Is the author deflecting criticism of his own submittal delays by point to other authors? See? Just a distraction!

P.S. While I consider a woman's (external) ass to be a fascinating erogenous zone, I fail to see the fascination depicted in so many Literotica stories with sticking ones dick into a woman's bowels. Oh well. To each his own.

I find the star scoring system deficient in so many ways. This one was close enough to a five to earn it!

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

Love this story, to find out much was real made it even sweeter, wish I lived nearer, I'd love to try the skewer appetiser.

Wash2015Wash2015almost 2 years ago

Just found this series, fantastic, 5 stars the whole way. I loved the asides about food.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story very much! Well done! One very, very minor editorial correction - the word should be consecutively not concurrently.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 2 years ago

Great story. Liked it in every way plot, characters, beginning, ending. 5

cfumagocfumagoalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the whole series very much. Thank you for your time, effort and for having such a good writing style. I wish I could come close!

Smiffy69Smiffy69almost 2 years ago

Very well written. Great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked that it was a real story: plot, characters, personalities, theme, moral; and it was well-written.

BrookeTabbyBrookeTabbyalmost 2 years ago

You are an absolutely amazing writer. Your story's ring so true and you your characters are are beautifully developed.. Looking forward to anything new that you write

A01butal75A01butal75about 2 years ago

About 11 years since Rehnquist last submitted a story, all we can do is read the stories again and hope that his mind is still active and maybe someday we might see another wonderful story from one of Literotica's all time great authors.

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 2 years ago

Tim learned the hard way.

Toward the end it got a little fluffy.

I definitely love your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don't comment much, but the feeling of giving 110% in a relationship just to make the other person happy, and it never being about me... That resonated hard, I was in the same situation with my ex-wife. Great story, great writing, thoroughly enjoyed it (and the recipes!), 5-star for sure.

jflindersjflindersabout 2 years ago

Ok, so Rehnquist specifically asked us to comment, though I'm late to the ball and he'll probably never see this.

I seldom have any trouble making suggestions about a story, but other than two places in four chapters that I remember something could have been caught in the proofreading, I'm finding the writer at a level far enough above mine that I can't find a single suggestion to make that I am confident would improve the story. My overly simplistic wish to have the main character live happily ever after and the cheaters be unhappy is met and there are just enough comments with insight into human nature to make it great without slowing down the plot to make it dull. Well done.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Nice, again. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

worth a reread every few months to brighten up an average or sad day. Thanks

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

great story, if you want recipes you'll have to look way back in the comment keep clicking more until you see "all comment" the Rehnquist gives some instructions. I think a lot of like the recipes and different things they were cooking. Good guy got the girl the bad guy got his and they lived happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a great story!!!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

Well 2nd time around and I think it got better but I screwed up. Was going to write down the recipes this time but got caught up in the story again! Especially have to figure out those chicken skin appetizers Nicole made. Will be e mailing for that recipe for sure. I loved all the food stuff in the story as my kitchen is my favourite room in the house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome! I am new here, but this is an incredible, uplifting tale! Thanks!

Jim

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

This author has so many enjoyable 5 stars stories. Real shame they stopped posting years ago.

funksofunksoabout 2 years ago

Like everyone else, I revisit your stories at least yearly, and get to listening to Calico Skies, and thinking I should eat more sandwiches, but I do love this one. Tim’s life seems to be what I’d like, and I wish I were a better man. I really wish you’d kept writing, but I hope you’re out there happy.

ArdieffArdieffabout 2 years ago

I really loved your tale of cooking and love ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I revisit this story about once each year. It was one of the first few stories I read on Literotica and still remains one of my favorites. It may not be perfect, but it is pretty damn enjoyable.

JimDiamondJimDiamondover 2 years ago

Fucking amazing if true. By the way, you can prove it was true by telling us WHERE the "Bar and Grill" is. The best part of Na'oleans is the food. So that PoBoy and the other recipes got to be good. Sorry, jazz is cool for the soul, but the food really is better and food for the soul and the body! So seriously, where the hell is that "Bar and Grill". Another BTW, I loved the recipes. My lady loves soups so I might just try the carrot stuff for the hell of it. Some people just do not understand how important food is to sex. A fun, sexy older woman many years ago told a young man who she was tutoring about life and love something. If you wanted to guarantee a revisit to a woman's pussy, it was by getting out of bed and making her breakfast after using it the night before. She had several wise things to say to me, and almost all have born significant benefits over the years. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This at best a 5 page story that is bloated out to 20. There is so little actual content and development here that it's truly astounding that the majority of you are either too easily impressed or simply dumb. It's probably both. Seriously people, this isn't very good and the plot does not sustain 20 pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Only thing is I kept getting hungry while reading it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous