All Comments on 'The Blindest Date'

by leapyearguy

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Good read

The occasional quirks kept this one interesting. Smooth!

LadyFalconLadyFalconover 17 years ago
I like the twists and turns.

Nice story...you did a good job with the dialog and making me feel like I was there...thanks.

Tail End PeteTail End Peteover 17 years ago
Good story and kinda quirky

but you've got to get a dictionary. A conger is an eel. The word I think you wanted was conjure as in magic. Little piddly things like that detract from your writing and the flow of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good

Apparently, this couple are perfect for one another.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
UNH HUH

Their first date was about the way my blind date ended. Fun read, can't wait for more. Your romance stories definatly aren't ordinary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
fun fun funny

really enjoyed it.Write more.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
If these 2 idiots have kids they'll be Republican

wow this is a great story about 2 people so fucked up that they should be on seinfeld...

is he Up tight? he has been on a date in 4 + years... he spends a lot of time in the first part of the part of the story what does this mean? what did she mean by that... he spends 10 miutues arguing with himself that he is NOT uptight

she cant seem to figure out why He might have a problem with a Nude man in her place when he comes over to ask her to marry ....

the fact that THIS particualr guy is Gay doesnt solve the bigger issue....

AnonymanAnonymanover 17 years ago
Harry go Back to your corner

You shouldn't try to comment on something you know nothing of, Romance. If you had read the story, you might have realized that she was a photographer. That would easily explain a nude gay man in her apartment. Not eveybody cheats Harry, go back to your corner where they do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
adding one more note to last poster

that naked man could easily be BI SEXUAL, meaning (to the THICK as waterbuffalo boyfriend with the ring), meaning that guys dick can go UP in front of both men and women!

but, no, the guy jumps up and down, when the tall blond said to him: "Honey, look, let me DEMONSTRATE to you tha this man here, lying nake on my coach, thta he's GAY and has no interest in me",,,

anyway, the boyfriend jumps up and down IMMEDIATELY when he sees that that guy's dick goes up, THE BOYRIEND TOLD US STUPID AUDIENCE!, once he looks at the boyfriend's tight ass (picture and him, live!)

this is AN AUTHOR silliness, a lack of sound thinking. those characters can be as smart or dumb/idiotic as the author allows them to be, no more, no less,,,,

i'm sure the good author jumped up and down when he first came across THAT little plot line!! lol

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Fun Story

It may not be the most romantic story out there but damn few relationships are. People watch too many movies.

I knew that conger wasn't the word but I'll be damned if I could think of the right one [CRS]. Thought it was some British slang.

But still a good story and a lot of fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
like it

good story, quite believable characters and it made me smile. one small pedantic point, you 'pique' someone's interest, not 'peak'. ;-)

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Well Done

I enjoyed reading this - a fun story. Good work.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
To the dumb fuck ANONYMAN

Anonyman

you are a Moron. Instead of me going back to my corner why dont you take a course in rational thinking asshole?

I stated in my post that fact that she IS a photogrpaher does NOT explain away the problem.

How it is ROMANTIC to propose to our girl friend while she has a naked man in the background???.

even if we assume that THIS one male model was gay-- and as some one oneelse piinted out he might be BI-- is she going to photogrpah more male models naked?

the Male chracter in theis story has NOT been on a date in 4+ years. It is NOT unreasonable to think that given his alck of woman experience and how Uptoght he is... that the guy might not be able to mentally handle his wife being around naked men all day ...

cant she photograph something else?

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Very enjoyable

Good story. I liked the way the two main characters were presented, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, their own quirks and foibles. It made them human and that's always appreciated. The author lets their worry over their flaws (he's uptight, she's self-conscious) carry the story seamlessly and they fall for each other, their love growing as they feel the other person fill needs that have long gone unmet. That was very nicely done, LYG.

I can't figure out why Harry's worried about her taking pictures of nude men. The human form is beautiful so why shouldn't she photograph it since it's her job, after all? Or maybe Harry's just really uptight?

I do have to agree with Tail End Pete: using "conger" when you meant "conjure" really marred the otherwise excellent prose. I appreciate vocabulary, I do. I appreciate the correct of vocabulary even more.

I liked the story but I can't rate it as a 100. Here's a 75 and my thanks because I did enjoy the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good work LYG

I liked the way thay kept bouncing off each other, could imagine it happening in real life. Good to read so many good stories in so many different genre. (By the way, the word is "conjure")

leapyearguyleapyearguyover 17 years agoAuthor
On the Black Board 100 times

I will Not trust Spell check any more, Conger is a fish.

I will Not trust Spell check any more, Conger is a fish.

I will Not trust Spell check any more, Conger is a fish.

I will Not trust Spell check any more, Conger is a fish.

I will Not trust Spell check any more, Conger is a fish.

I will Not trust Spell check any more, Conger is a fish.

I will Not trust Spell check any more, Conger is a fish.

I will Not trust Spell check any more, Conger is a fish....

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good

good story I liked it

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Well, you lot argue all you want- I like the story

For me it's probably LYG's best yet.

Liked both main characters, and being a 'Romance', we knew the outcome and only had to sit and watch how LYG achieved it.

Funny how spell check will allow all sorts of homynyms and wrong words correctly spelled.

There's only one "o" in losing too.... LOL

DeadWouldDeadWouldover 17 years ago
Is an eel a fish?

Merely wondering.

nice story, well told. Enjoyed reading it.

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
excellent detailing

of the dynamics between the protagonists,

all with a wacky sense of humour!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good Story

I love the way you throw in some humor with the romance. IMO, this is one of your best stories, and I really don't understand why the score isn't higher. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Maybe the score isn't higher because other readers don't

agree with your sense of humor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great story...

Very entertaining, and lots of fun.

Harry, you're an idiot. The whole gay model thing was just like a bridge in a song. A hook if you will. Without it, the story would be of a boy that meets a girl, they have a fight, they make up and get married.

It's just a fucking story you ass-clown!!! Try enjoying one from time to time. You never know, it might reduce your stroppy outlook by 87% if you let it...

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
Wow, great story!

I loved it! Made me laugh so hard! It was very hot, too! Good Job!

Rob ConnerRob Connerabout 12 years ago
FUNNY!

Good Tale! Great Sense of Humor!

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Love and Loathing!

The magic formula for a terrific story!! WELL DONE SIR!

Redwan666Redwan666over 11 years ago
LOL!

Funny and Witty humorous story with a pinch of everything.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Steamed corn?

Hot - funny - smoooth and sweet -

Very nicely done - Penny Marshal get a cheer for their help lol

Naughtily_WrittenNaughtily_Writtenover 11 years ago
Funny and sexy!

Loved it!

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Amusing Story

The idea is to enjoy and I entered right into the spirit of the occasion. I have to admit that the first date was truly fantastic.....

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
PDG

The last scene could have been better.

Otherwise PDG

pretty

damn

good

Thx!

rohit7785rohit7785almost 10 years ago
Really funny

Was pretty finny.. not totally my type but yes... I liked it ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Worst You've Written!

Title says it all.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 9 years ago
Huh

Really an oddball story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Oh HELL no!

First off - A Conger Eel is a fish. It has gills and spends most of it's time in water.

Secondly, there's no way in hell he marries her. I don't think he would have made it past the second time their friends tried to hook them up. More likely he would have turned around and walked out.

Thirdly, I don't think she would have caught him at the end. I think he would have been SO embarrassed and so angry that he would have had a full head of steam up and been long gone, never to return to see her or talk to her or listen to her excuses.

You simply tried too hard to get them together. They were like oil and water. This whole thing felt forced. Maybe next time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
LO Really L

Loved it. You painted perfect pictures. Laughed out loud.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
YES IT NEEDS AN EPILOG

Great story " BUT" it finished abruptly? Maybe it's Me but I think an epilog would finish it off nicely. ANYWAY THATS WHAT I THINK! Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 9stars = 90 %. Bye.

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Good finish

I love the ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Beautifully written story. Good "twist" at the end. We'll pass on the lack of eroticism, but well worth reading

Kitist02Kitist02about 7 years ago
Dolts.

He may have been a boss, but he gives dimension to the concept of "dolt". Then she comes along and puts color into the picture.

They *should* get married, they're perfect for each other.

With friends like Marshall And Penny, he doesn't need enemies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

hated every one of these morons.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Once again - HELL NO!

No possible way he gets to the point of asking her to marry him. I don't think they had a second date. But her bullshit with the supposedly gay guy was just ludicrous. She's a player, a hard ass and a complete bitch. Hit the road jack.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Not Bad At All!

It's just what we all need on a rainy day, or laid up with an illness or an injury? A good story? Not Heavy! Just right (sounds like a b.fast food)

so yeah I liked it that's what counts to me! Thanks ★★★★★ WOOF!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 6 years ago
It's got to be discouraging

for an author to realize that his or her opera (for the benefit of all you illiterate anons, opera is the plural of opus, or work—as in a work of art) will be read by more than a few tight asses whose sense of humor was surgically removed at birth (or shot off in an adult bookstore robbery gone wrong). My stars and garters, y'all, these stories are written by people who—or at least some of whom— possess actual literary skills, such as leapyearguy. Keep on keepin' on, dude.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Something seemed off

Can't put my finger on it but the two people just seemed a little odd and not in sync with other people or with each other. I just couldn't seem to understand these people. Goes into her dresser and puts in her bra and panties?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
AHHH, A LOVE STORY!!!!

Good to see a legitimate love story where there are no cheating sluts dominating the narrative. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mole

How did he know about the mole on the butt?

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Believed???

I would have had the same reaction. Naked guy on the couch!!! Cheating whore!! Yep.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice one

Humor is your forte. It runs through in most of your stories. Good light read.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Load

Load of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm Afraid

That I would have reacted pretty much the same way after finding the naked man, only I wouldn't have left the ring. I would have taken a lot longer to accept her explanations if I even could. However if I did there would be some stipulations on what would be acceptable in the future regarding he photography subjects. LYG likes to inject humor into his stories as he did here so that is a plus and the story was different from the norm so that is another plus. My other thought is the shortest woman I've ever been with was 5' 4" tall and doing it any manner standing up was tough on my knees. The tallest was 5' 10" and that was a whole lot easier. Being well over 6' myself, Lynn in or out of heels would be a dream. For those who can never believe what an Author tells us go read some shitty LW's stories, there are enough of them written by hacks. Signed: BTW

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago
Good story.

Lynn looked up and shouted. "TOMMY... it's so beautiful... You'd better have those clothes off before I get this ring on, you're going to get SO lucky tonight." She purred.............."Yeah but he ain't watching." ..."Awww comeon dude. Just for al little while. Pleeeeeeaaes?" LMAO

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just what every man wants a girl who wants to play games .

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

Loved it, not my usual type of story on here but I enjoyed it⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Load

Load of crap.In the real world,after the first date there is no way they would have got together again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

partial story

Ginger630Ginger630about 2 years ago

I feel like a read 5 different stories in one. There was no chemistry. No love. They didn’t even like each other. What’s with the naked photos? It’s like their personalities kept changing with the story. Terrible.

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

I agree with others, there are several things in this that just don't feel believable.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

those long-term relationships sound like would have made a better story than his blind date story

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Believable or not, it's a story with some humor thrown in and doesn't need to be dissected like a Pulitzer Prize wining story. Thought it was light, different and funny.

socaltzrsocaltzrover 1 year ago

I think the issue others were having was there was too much time covered by a sentence here or there. Like a movie where every other scene is a montage with a minimal narrative overview it was a bit hard to follow.

I read it as a series of vignettes in a story and it told a great story read like that. It might be better received that way, rather than fleshing out the transitions.

Also, I don't know why, but the misspelling of conjur as conger is bothering me as much as it would your MC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

​I'm very sorry if this offends you but a lot of errors are present and, to me, they stand out like sore thumbs.

Examples -

"... the whole anticipation thing was peaking my interest." - NO!

"... the whole anticipation thing was piquing my interest. - YES

".. to see what I could conger up for breakfast, " NO

" to see what I could conjure up for breakfast " YES

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Think

I think this is the most stupid story I have read in a long time.

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Agree with oldpantythief’s comments. Sometimes light, funny stories are just the ticket. They don’t need to be over analyzed. Yeah the author could’ve done a better job knowing the correct form of a word and there are some homophobic comments but still a delightful little story. Anyone know if the author is still around?

vanyevanyeabout 1 year ago

Usually I enjoy your stories, but this one just felt off. Main character, the blind date, hell even Marci. Well written, but just a miss.

Marklynda2Marklynda210 months ago

I found this to be a good little story about preconceptions and noncommunication. I'm not an English major and tend to overlook most grammar and word usage errors as long as I can follow the story, which I could. Sometimes we just get blindsided by love.

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Very ambivalent over this one. No development to show how he got from trying to avoid her to proposing to marry her.. Also agree with the comments of Anonymous (11 months ago) .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

No the guy was actually bisexual! He and Lynn had just finished their bed romp when Tom walked in!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous