All Comments on 'The Cape'

by Jenny_Jackson

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
madengineer3madengineer3over 16 years ago
WOW!

The story is wonderfully written. I am a great fan of Manly Wade Wellman's horror stories and this one is of the same quality. I want to read more horror from this author.

Foxee BrowneFoxee Browneover 16 years ago
Well done

I enjoyed your vampire tale Jenny.

MarshAlienMarshAlienover 16 years ago
Excellent horror

A fascinating twist on the whole Vampire idea - as if the poor guy was a pledge who happened to sign up for the wrong fraternity. I love the way that the author can draw us into a single character so quickly, and make all of the other characters simply contribute to that character's growth (in this case, of his incisors).

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sorry, Jenny

... not your best work. For the Halloween contest I expected something better.

TE999TE999over 16 years ago
A Hell of a party!

Well done Jenny. The main character is better off as a vampire, because as a human he was more than a little dense.

Good luck in the contest.

SEX_VAMPYRESEX_VAMPYREover 16 years ago
Great Story!!!

Please write a chapter about vampire babies.:)

damppantiesdamppantiesover 16 years ago
Good story, but...

I was really disappointed by the sloppy editing this one went through. There were a lot of spelling errors and at one place I think Brent's name was confused with Roger's. It really detracts from the compelling read this would have been if not for the errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Lovely

What a lovely story. So innocent, but with blood!

l8blooml8bloomover 16 years ago
Delightful!

A fun read. Well done, JJ! Good luck in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great short story!

I really like how we start at the weary end of a regular day, and slowly become involved into the story, seamlessly arriving with him to ... his very last day.

Good luck in the contest!

Maharat

BOSTONFICTIONWRITERBOSTONFICTIONWRITERover 16 years ago
Oscar Wilde's cape

Ah, the cape. Much like Oscar Wilde, I always wear a cape when I write.

Cute story.

Good luck on the contest.

glynndahglynndahover 16 years ago
Without even reading past the first few paragraphs

I knew things weren't going to end well for poor Brent. Although he seems happy enough, so maybe I'm wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
It was okay

The story was okay. I expected better, sorry.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 16 years ago
More Fine JJ Fiction

That story should appeal to a lot of readers. Best of luck in the contest, Jenny.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 16 years ago
Creepy

and scary as a Halloween story should be. I agree with Damp Panties, though, that it could have used more and/or editing.

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 16 years ago
Nice

I liked the idea of Brent being made a part of the club. It could have been a much better story though with a little more care.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Nevertheless, good luck.

tickledkittytickledkittyover 16 years ago
A fun story.

But in need of some editing. Good luck in the contest, Jenny!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very sordid and creepy

with the inevitable ending - it was so obvious what would happen - not even a good story written in poor taste.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous