All Comments on 'The Catch'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a whale of a tail lads...

This reminded of disney's 20 something leagues under the sea, in particular, a song in it. While it lacks the sexiness im used to in these stories, its still a fun read and a logical look on an old tale. Thank you for sharing it. Thankfully i don't like fish, but must now find a boat and bait. I'll contact u if i get similar results.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
As good as they come!

I found this really funny, thank you for putting a smile on my face. I hope you do realise that this is the traditional format of a short story with a surprise ending. It could be in a classic anthology of sea stories, it is so good!

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Well, he did love to fish...

Definitely wiser than most of us.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
As always a great tale

You are a story teller! That ending caught me completely by surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well that was funny

I'm thinking he might have wanted to get a tad more information from his mermaid before he chucked her back. Maybe the deal would have been more palatable given more information. But funny story none-the-less.

0649d0649dover 8 years ago
obviously sun-drunk

or doesn't know when a good thing when he has it haha

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
Fish, only for his belly not for his heart .

The twist did make this an interesting tale. A brainy humor but a dry fantasy, in the end.

I'm sure the fans of this genre are more interested in the impossible dream . Things that never are, but, if only, they were possible.

A life, unrestrained by reality is the chief attraction.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
979 Followers
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...

SIMILAR Stories