The Champion's Companion Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Augussi shook her head. "No faction is organizing, or visibly against them. Politics and rumors about them are nonexistent, it's actually very quiet."

Marcos leaned in. "Dangers?"

Augussi could only shrug. "For you none, I alerted the safe houses. I can only assume you will go semi undercover?" She said looking at the glittering gauntlet on his left arm.

"Yes, is it worth taking the prince?" Marcos asked quietly.

Augussi shrugged again. "I can look into it. Honestly, the appearance of their Crown's status matches your earlier description. They are likely being subverted and are barely holding on or are being distracted. Perhaps you can get him there, but all bets are off on the way out."

"Bad news." Marcos turned to leave. "I will meet with the Queen now then."

Kaarthen followed but Mara, Ein, and Rinis demurred and stayed in the tower. The winding halls and staircases were familiar and still confusing as they walked through. They waited a moment outside the prestigious apartments.

In the study, they were received. When they were brought in, the three princesses sat in the Queen's company. The four women sat arrayed in the sofas and couches of deep purple. The curtains were almost completely shut and a naked fire roared creating an intimate darkness of light, dark, and orange fire.

Historians thought decisions were made in the light of the day in court, or perhaps the candle light of a weary workday at a cluttered desk in a library's study. The Queen likely knew what he was going to say and what she was going to say. That meant she knew they were about to make one of the more important decisions of her reign.

"Greetings Lord Panthi, and to your Companion. Your moving fast today, what do I owe the pleasure of your audience?" The Queen said lying back in the shadows of the lounge. The royals all wore very casual forms of dress. Light colored ankle length linen dresses, and very little makeup.

"Sellis." Marcos said simply. His information audit would have already passed through her hands. Despite controlling 'domestic affairs', Queen Mensillin is notoriously sharp and shrewd.

"The horse traders who are selling their city to their empire to create a country? Yes, I agree it looks convoluted at best and unsustainable. I don't even really understand what the hell their doing so it's a guarantee it won't work." The Queen mused. "Why does Menthino concern itself with a country hundreds of miles from our borders?" The Queen asked facetiously. They were playing a farce. She couldn't question him, nor deny anything he told her to sign.

"An excellent question, I wish to return their Prince. After the recent medical challenges he has faced he may have little time. They also are too close to Dar Delis for any kind of instability." Marcos answered. The astute Sisters of Dar Delis would have already cease trade with them if it turned one sided. The Guilds likely couldn't 'help' a country where men aren't allowed. And no one cared about the prince.

"I see, you are requesting support from the Crown?" She continued.

"Only within the borders. The heavy assault in Pessilberg should be alerted and two brigades of heavy infantry and two cavalry battalions should move to Leethon."

"Why so little cavalry?" The Queen said leaning forward and breaking character.

"I don't want us to try and sweep the field and get our asses kicked. They use heavy and light cavalry in large formation with very little infantry. Our cavalry are light scouts and we don't train that much in large formation, or to fight calvary from horse back. They spend allot of time on horseback out there, but rarely fight infantry. Likely, they may not understand how to fight heavy infantry with pikes and spears. Historically, it's never happened for them. Battles of that style have strict learning curves. We'll line up and break into squares and they'll run around and break themselves on our lines." He finished.

"Will you pass through Pyressel?" The Queen asked sweetly, making Marcos raise a brow. "Apparently they have quiet deals with Sellis but it's all unconfirmed. Pyressel would bring their border within less then a week's march of Leethon. It would also likely bother our friends in Osmuun. Since we like to keep Osmuun's enemies separated, finding the underlying cause of Sellis would be prudent. If you find out they're just land-stealing money-grubbing horse traders, then a new treaty will have to be signed. I think an embargo would be better. Between ourselves, Munklin, and Dar Delis the fools will starve if they fuck up their little scheme."

The princesses shared a chuckle while Princess Nossin looked on bored.

Marcos bowed in exaggeration. "Yes, Highness."

"I will notify the King and prepare him to repost in Leethon." The Queen said smiling.

Marcos bowed again. "Thank you, Highness."

"Perhaps your plans may not be firmed up enough but will the prince be returning?" Quietly everyone was leaning around to hear the response.

"He'll be back and it will be much worse. We should kill him now. I don't want him on me." Princess Nossin said in a dark voice surprising everyone. Her fists balled her dress and her serene face broke in an emotional and furious look.

The Queen regarded her for a moment. "If his family doesn't want him then we won't either." She said to Marcos with finality.

Marcos nodded but kept an eye on Princess Nossin. "Yes Highness."

Princess Nossin continued. "If he comes back after the death of his parents, his insanity will grow. Kaarthen will have to take his head once he turns this place upside down." Princess Nossin, said with a wild look in her eyes. She crossed over to Marcos and took his hand in both of hers. "You're the only one. Minun will follow him here if he returns." She finished in a whisper.

Kaarthen perked at the name. Her eyes flipped into seeing the god's language everywhere. There it was, a trickle like steam that puffed from around Princess Nossin's forehead. The words were tiny and huge. The unaffected record of all thoughts past, present, and future by everyone in the world slipped through this girl's mind.

Not many words were moving now, the flow was slowing because Princess Nossin was becoming exhausted. Kaarthen leaned forward closer though to see them twisting and floating away. Words like corrections and variables flowed out. The technical grace of the language of the gods was preserved in elegance as it told of the world in an all encompassing narrative.

"Partez Rocert, Nobleman. That's who we want." Kaarthen said finding the piece. The Queen looked at her with quietly appraising interest. She wore a look most women who find a sudden attraction to her wear. The Queen seemed to find power sexy.

"The man in the purple robe." Princess Nossin said weakly.

"Yes, but more importantly the man from Sellis is in Pyressel now." Kaarthen corrected.

"Yes." Princess Nossin confirmed.

"Who wears a purple robe and leads the guild activities in horse trading representing Sellis." Kaarthen added.

"Yes." Princess Nossin repeated.

"That is the one. Partez Rocert, a noble from Sellis who was a cavalry officer, and uncle to the King. He doesn't care he's not helping anyone but himself, he thinks he can do it better. He wishes to make himself an emperor." Kaarthen added. "Minun isn't there. But he knows, his scent is all over Sellis as he passed through."

"Yes." The princess mumbled.

Marcos was staring pretty hard at her now too. "You're sure?"

"The Goddess knows now." Princess Nossin said before laying her head down onto Marcos' lap quietly.

Marcos' head snapped back to her. "Then it is my duty to consume their plans. Minun must be stopped. It is approaching the end of the cycle. His powers are growing..."

Kaarthen looked at him quizzically while the Queen nodded. "So you must collapse his plot, knowing there will be more."

"Yes, Highness I shall move quickly with this news. If you will make the arrangements, the five of us will move to change the course of this imminent disaster." Marcos said turning and standing.

The Queen nodded sitting up. "I see no problems, go with haste."

*

I hope people enjoy this. People who post these stories are looking for many things. I just enjoy comments, and knowing people enjoy the story.

I would like to know, if you do Jack/Jill off that the stories help. If, as you are enjoying yourself, you peal another layer of the dark onion of desire in the back of your mind, and think to yourself "wow, if only they....".

Leave a comment. You're likely not alone.

It may not be in every segment, but you will certainly see your fetish. I write because I haven't seen enough stories. They way I like.

There will be a three part story (called 'Sweat', 'Spit', and 'Tears') about the Spear Mistresses and their rather single minded efforts at 'social justice' and will catch up on their struggle to purge the elves.

So please enjoy and comment freely.