All Comments on 'The Corporate Ladder'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

I think this may be your best corporate story yet.

Boyd

BBEBBEover 17 years ago
Very fun read!

Love this! Thank you Dinsmore for the great story :)

rachlourachlouover 17 years ago
wonderful...

story - you had me gripped from beginning to end, thank you. I don;t normally go for 5 pagers, but in this instance it was a pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Another Hit

This author has done it again.Another great story that didnt relie on sex to tell an outstanding tale.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Office Romance.

Another highly enjoyable read from Mr. Dinsmore. Joel and Melissa finally get together after doing the erotic dance of attraction with each other. This writer has an unusual ability to give his individual characters their own separate personalities and then make them mesh together into something memorable. A wonderful Read!

JackofMyTradeJackofMyTradeover 17 years ago
Very nice. You should go pro.

Very well written. Thanks. I had the option of curling up with a good book but chose this instead after reading the first few paragraphs. You should try your hand at a novel or something of the like. I liked the way the plot built up and the very satisfying end. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This Is Getting Ridiculously Repetitive - Story

after story with each either better than the other or equally entertaining. Stop it - in about 20 years - wait how about 30.

You - Author are pushing the boundaries of beyond and above while setting the bar higher for almost every other.

In other words very impressive work and imagination - again. It would be interesting to know from whence you early retired from, but not enough to get anyone in trouble - again?

I - we look forward to your next. Thanks!

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Really enjoyed this one

Your pacing here was superb, so much so that the office intrigue overwhelmed the romance (which was rushed). Even so, this was a most enjoyable tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sorry

Dull. I did read it but it just went on and on. Who can care about fictional wrong doing by a character who barely enters the story in person. In Europe we are very conscious of corruption in the USA but this is just silly.

analobsessionanalobsessionover 17 years ago
UK Eurotrash trolls...

<I>
Dull. I did read it but it just went on and on. Who can care about fictional wrong doing by a character who barely enters the story in person. In Europe we are very conscious of corruption in the USA but this is just silly.</I>

What should we expect from a fifth rate troll from a third rate, third world, socialist hell hole like the UK? Where do you get off with the smug air of superiority? And of course there is no corruption in the UK…friggin’ EUROTRASH!

Ugly women, bad teeth, effeminate men, awful food, crappy climate, sick royal family, screwed up government, outrageous taxes. What a complete jerk-off! What a stupid comment...idiot!

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
Outstanding job - well done!

Corporate insights were especially sharp.

Both the beautiful and the ugly sides...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Very well done

First of all thank you for a good story that has background and depth. The people are real, you know them. The people that think the story dull are just sorry it wasn't a 'stick' book. They probobly miss the pictures as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Very nice...

Very nice, conflict, drama, sexual tension. Most importantly no stupid melodrama between the principals.

<P>

Note, melodrama between principals, especially those sharing a love interest equals stupid melodrama.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

lupeelupeealmost 15 years ago
soryy...

i must say ... i bore to death about the detail.. please, if you include this story with some REAL ROMANCE, touchy feely kindof word.. it almost like manual handbook to me about company policies...

pardon my word

YornHYornHalmost 14 years ago
GREAT story of corporate intrige....

not much of a romance.

The romance part was relegated to a couple of paragraphs right at the end - it barely qualifies for the "Romance" category - BUT - an entertaining corporate intrige story.

pug_of_crydeepug_of_crydeealmost 13 years ago
A VERY well crafted story... However,

You weren't very honest when you said "You've been patient this long; you deserve the details." I'm very glad that I read it, but I do start to wonder why you posted it here - by altering and/or removing just a few paragraphs it would work wonderfully as a non-erotic stand alone story.

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
I thoroughly enjoyed this story...as I have all of your stories so far!

I'm hooked, without a doubt! You have written enough stories to keep me entertained for quite a while. It seems like you folks from Ohio are some of the best writers on this site. Thanks for another Five Star effort.

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 12 years ago
I really enjoyed this one!

Nitpicks- "court marshal" should be "court martial."

The ending should have been stretched - I wasn't ready for a furious grope session between two people who had been so controlled and patient. Had I been Joel, I would have lost some respect (not entirely, just a notch or two) for Melissa when she began unbuttoning in the car (truck, whatever).

Earlier commenter is right - we could have used a little more insight into Brett - maybe a full scene of the sexual assault that brought him down?

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Hell of a tale

Thought: expand the ending a bit - a second chapter would be awesome.

Great read. Matter of fact, read it a couple of times.

Thx

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
wishfull thinking

Another good story by Dinsmore. Carefully crafted fiction, with several interesting characters except for stock villain. It would be nice to be able to believe that the onepercenters are susceptible to this sort of fairytale conspiracy.

It real life, it is adverse publicity and lots of it, panicking the mindless gamblers playing in the Stock Market Casinos that would influence the Wall Street gangster bosses to boot a scapegoat.

There is a Stalinist Era saying appropriate to this bunch of kleptocrats: "When you run with wolves, you need to learn to howl..."

Though, for all those who would indignantly insist 'their' honesty, I came up with my own saying to include them and their self-serving perception of how satisfied they are with their own behavior: "The only true point of contention between the Wolf and the Shepard is, which one of them gets to eat the Lamb..."

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Not bloody likely -

But a great fantasy for those with stars in their eyes - or who remember when they had them -

Very nicely done -

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Timing problem. Davidson and his friends came to work late on Monday morning because management was occupied with the board meeting; but the board was scheduled for Wednesday morning.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
odd that.....

The writer seems to have served in the military, so why doesn't he know martial from marshal?

Maybe an editing mistake?

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
A reversal of emphasis for a BTB

A low life exec who preys on female company employees. A romantic young couple falling in love. But it's not his rude behaviour to her that takes him down. And they don't get together until after he is run out of the company.

Quite refreshing

btw, when a group of stockholders vote using their shares it is a bloc, not block. They are used in error so frequently most readers don't know or notice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Stopped reading on page 3

Honestly, the story is ok. Too much exposition for my taste, but it is what it is. What really grinded my gears was the casual anti-union propaganda that was casually interwoven in the story. In my country, unions are the reason workers have rights, without them, the corporate owners would gladly slash everything in the name of pure profit, so to read something this biased in a XXX story of all places was just weird.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Another 5 star story. Well Done

ranec1ranec1almost 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, but why is it in this category? Or in this site?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, but a more detailed epilog including Brett troubling aftermath would have cool! Still giving it a 5. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice subtle Romance woven into a very good 'detective' style story.

Plot, characters etc, all top notch. Must read a true 5+

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ok story, but needs a more robust epilog about the cheaters, especially Brett. That would include his reactions.

stewartbstewartb5 months ago

I've read this before but for some reason never voted. Upon re-reading it ... it does indeed deserve a "5".

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Good story, good guys finally win!

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Very clever comment to end the story.

What? Oh the rating.

5 of course!

BlastusBlastus25 days ago

An all too true assessment of American corporate management. That the good guys win, unfortunately, puts the story in the category of science fiction/fantasy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous