The Credit Card Caper Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the funeral was over, and people were streaming back to their cars, the Sherwood family noticed us, and came over. I told them that Dorian's murderer and her co-conspirator husband were behind bars and would remain there for a considerable period of time. Martin and I both endured hugs as the family thanked us for bringing Justice and avenging Dorian's death. We then made our goodbyes and left to come back to the County.

Martin was normally quiet, but now he was especially so, so I asked him what his thoughts were.

"I was just thinking of how senseless it is." said Nash. "That woman didn't do anything, just living her life, and she was just... murdered in cold blood because her looks matched someone else who wanted to fake her death. I just... knew something wasn't right when I was first investigating her disappearance. Never realized what the answer was, of course."

"You did a good job on that, Martin. And you gave it your best effort." I said. "And that's how it should be... we don't give up, no matter who the person is. That's what I've been thinking about all day."

"Is that why you wanted to come here, Commander?" Nash asked.

"Yes... Alicia Foster had no compunction, no feeling at all, about having murdered Dorian." I said. "She said Dorian was a 'nobody'. I wanted to come here and see for myself: she was not a 'nobody'. She was a sister, a daughter, a classmate and a friend."

"Yes sir." said Martin. "There is no such thing as a 'nobody'."

"Let that be her epitaph." I said. "And our vow."

Finis