The Daemon's Tale Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was surprising, therefore, when Gabriel slowed and rolled her on top of him one last time to let her set the pace. In willingly giving up his control Gabriel gave Vaern the power to take what she wanted from him and she brought herself slowly to climax, arching her head back and shuddering as their hands entwined, each gripping the other to keep themselves grounded. And being able to let someone else lead him allowed Gabriel his own release; he pulled Vaern close as they both came reluctantly back to reality from their mutual high.

As the minutes crawled past unchecked and uncounted the Elf and the Daemon eventually slowed their breathing and the heat in their bodies faded. Their hands remained entwined for a long time, until the sun dipped below the horizon and moonlit night took over. Only when stars littered the sky and the colour of the wildflowers was bleached away by the silver light did Gabriel finally stand up, pulling Vaern with him for a last lingering embrace.

"I won't forget you Vaern. You saved my life."

"And I won't forget you. How could I? I don't think that anyone who meets you could."

"I hope you'll remember me for different reasons than most, though."

Vaern smiled, the memory of their meeting burning fresh in her mind. "Oh, I'll never forget that Gabriel. But I'll also remember the other parts; how you loved someone so much that their death nearly killed you. How you started to learn to deal with your emotions in ways other than lashing out or running. How you let yourself trust someone, despite the terrible thing that happened to you."

"That was all down to you, Vaern," Gabriel replied, breathing in the scent of her hair deeply as he spoke. She remained willingly in his arms and he was grateful for that; he needed these last moments of intimacy to cement his memories of her.

"I helped, yes, but you did the hard part yourself. I'm so glad you could be saved. Promise me you'll remember this lesson? You looked into hell and chose to come back. No matter what happens to you, you have the strength to survive it...even if you have to come back to me to be reminded."

"I won't forget," he promised again, kissing her forehead for the last time.

Vaern closed her eyes when he did and savoured that last kiss, caring rather than heated, proof of his words. And when she opened them Gabriel was gone.

"Good luck, Daemon Lord."

12