The Descending of Jessica Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jessie92
Jessie92
503 Followers

"I can do that. I can totally do that."

"That would be, uh, neat." He grinned.

We waited, cuddled together on the sectional and expected Mike and Donna to arrive. Allison did first, but then sat in her car. This seemed curious so I opened the door to check on her and, on seeing me, she got out and came in.

"I thought you must be gone since the truck wasn't here. Where is Brent? He knows to be here by one, doesn't he?"

"Oh, yeah, he's inside. Carolyn took the truck to the grocery store."

"She doesn't have a car?" Allison asked. I suppose with all the traffic in and out Saturday she had not noticed.

"No, but we will be riding together to school and usually everywhere else. I think she would rather save her money. I don't think she's ever had a car at school. She didn't at Tech, anyway."

"Well, if something were to happen and she needed to take you to the doctor, what would she do?"

"I guess drive the truck, or Brent's car. She's better with a straight drive than me anyway as it turns out."

"Hmmmm, that worries me. I mean, I know she wanted to come here to help you if you needed it, but..."

"Don't worry about it, Mom. Our schedules are almost identical." I smiled. "So, I gotta ask, how long have you known about Donna and Mike?"

"Well, a while now. I learned about the wedding last week, though. I would have told you but, well, that's Donna's surprise and I didn't want to ruin it for her. I think she's been trying to get up the courage to tell you. I told her she could talk to you about anything. But, well, after all that's happened, you know, she's still nervous about you."

"That's silly. I'm so over talking about the past. The past sucks. But the future, especially for Donna, looks great don't you think?"

"Well, I don't know Mike as well, but he seems like a good man for your uh, mother, uh..."

"My mother Donna. My mother Allison already has a great man." I smiled and Allison returned a grin back at me. "Yeah, she does. Donna was telling me when she called this morning what you said about Ron being your only father. I may have to tell Ron that."

"Oh, please do. I know I should more often. You two have both been so good to me. Brent and I were talking earlier and I reminded him that the first day I came home with you that you took me to the mall and got me a wardrobe then a ton of makeup I didn't even know how to use. Remember having to show me how to get it off before I went to sleep?"

"Yes, I, well, you got the hang of it pretty quickly. You always look so beautiful now. And if I tell Ron you were bragging on him, well, he'll get the big head about it! Besides after what Sarah did, oh! I didn't tell you that! Last night Sarah complained that she has to go back to school too soon and she didn't have enough time with Ron and I, so Ron, he tells his receptionist this morning to clear his calendar for the afternoon. He's taking Sarah to the museum to see the impressionist exhibit. Then the main library. Then, no doubt, a book store... They're having a father-daughter day this afternoon and he was just about as happy as I have ever seen him about it!" Allison cackled. "Anyway, yeah, I think they make a great couple, Donna and Mike, I mean. Mike, well, Dr. Riley, I owe him so much. He saved the life of someone so very precious to me." Allison's eyes were tearing up now, it was time to stop this estrogen fest.

I hugged Allison as tightly as I could and whispered "I love you so much, you and Ron. I love Donna too, but, well, you are both just, well, I can't describe it. You'll always be my Mom and Dad. I'm just lucky to have Donna, too. You understand?"

Allison hugged me back and quietly said "I know. It's not a contest. And Donna is so much fun to be around. I know where you get your mischievous streak from now."

I pulled back, just enough that our watery eyes were staring at each other and said "Ron?"

"Yes!" she cackled with glee. "Yes, absolutely!"

"So, did she tell you about her other surprise?"

"Jessie, I have never been so excited about someone having a baby in my life! She told me you and Brent volunteered day care services, but there's going to be a problem with that, as I see it."

"What? I can arrange my schedule in the fall. It will work just fine. I mean, I need to learn about..." was all I got out before she interrupted.

"You may have to fight me for it!" She giggled, "And I don't know anything about babies, either, so we'll learn together!"

"Great! This is going to be so much fun!"

"Well, I don't know. I think it will be hard work. I mean, joyous work, but challenging. But we can do it. Women have been doing it for years!"

"How hard could it be?" Brent asked from the doorway. "Food goes in one end, poop comes out the other. Change the diapers if it starts to smell bad and, if you're doing it right, more food goes in than poop comes out and it gets bigger, right?"

"Yeah, Brent. I'm sure that's all it is!" Allison laughed with him.

Dr. Riley and Donna pulled in right then and, after brief greetings, we were off. Donna looked absolutely radiant. I have never seen a more beautiful, happy bride. I rode with Mike and my mother, while Brent rode with, well, with my other mother. The love and affection was easy to understand; the nomenclature, not so much. Allison had asked Brent to ride with her in case she got lost, which seemed odd, but I didn't really think about it much.

We made chit chat along the way. Mostly about school, but as we approached the parking garage underneath Courthouse Square, Mike asked me, "So Jessica... Can I call you 'Jessica'? What do you think about 'William Joseph Robert' for a baby name?"

"Jessica or Jessie. Either one is fine. I uh..."

"Mike, you are not going to name our baby 'Billy Joe Bob'! Forget it!" Donna near shouted with laughter in her voice.

I knew then that Mike was going to fit in with my family just fine.

We went to the elevator to take us to the square, and it arrived with Brent and Allison already in it, so we were able to go through security together and find the Judge's chambers with Mike leading us. Brent and I held hands and stood to one side as Mike introduced us to his friend after we were allowed back by security.

A few minutes later, they were wed, with even less pomp and circumstance than my wedding had. We made small talk with the judge for a few minutes and left. All in all, it was rather anticlimactic. Mike asked us to join them Sunday for dinner to celebrate, and we all agreed. Hugs were distributed and Mike asked Allison what she thought of his chosen name for the baby, and was shushed again by Donna.

We left, this time with me riding with Allison, to go home. Allison had other ideas, though. She drove promptly to the local Honda dealer and told Brent to pick out a new Accord.

"Mom, I told you on the way up! I've got a car already!" he complained. "You don't need to buy me another one. There is nothing wrong with the one I've got."

"How many miles are on it?" She asked.

"I don't know, forty or forty-five thousand, I guess, at most."

"Well, it's too late to trade it in. Why don't you just give it to Carolyn? She needs a car. And we just got Jessie a truck and you're not letting her drive it. I know it's because you want a new car. So pick one out." She smiled.

I probably should have protested too, but, well, I could see through her, as could Brent. She wanted to help Carolyn out, but didn't want Carolyn, or Brent and me, to know it. Still, it would have been obvious even if I hadn't learned about her wealth that morning. I stood silently at first, then decided it wasn't right for Brent to have to argue this one on his own.

"Mom, sooner or later we're going to have to take care of ourselves. Brent can drive the truck. He knows I don't mind," I said.

"Well after you get out of school you can. But I want my boy in something safe in the meantime. You still like Hondas, don't you, dear? We can look at something else if you want," she asked Brent.

"Well yeah. They're great. They never break down. Mine is practically new. That's why I don't..."

"'New'? You said it had forty thousand miles on it! What if it broke down and left you stranded on the way home to see us? And it's a two door! You want to help Donna with her baby with a two door? Have you ever put a child seat in a two door? I bet they wouldn't give you anything for it if you traded it. Just let Carolyn drive it and that way, if Jessie gets stressed out again, well, I won't have to worry about her getting to the doctor. Now, what color do you like?"

A salesman had been listening to all this and tried to tell Allison they would be happy to look at his trade but, before he could finish, she gave him a look that said "You should shut up and shut up now" and he wisely remembered something very important on the floor by his feet at that moment.

"I don't know. You're just too generous sometimes, Mom, really. I love you. I do. But, this is just too much." Brent said, with surrender in his voice.

"How many times do I have to tell you two... I can't take it with me, and I'm not leaving it to you? Now, let's pick out your car, before you stress Jessie out. She's fragile, or have you forgotten?" She smiled as she scolded him.

We gave up. There was no arguing with Allison when she had her mind made up. And clearly if we didn't go along with her, she would have probably have just driven us home and went back and bought one anyway. It took Brent all of ten minutes to tell the salesman what he wanted, which was a Pilot, their SUV. Five for the salesman to show it to him. A fifteen minute test drive. And a half hour of Allison explaining that she wasn't going to finance anything. She was just going to write a check while the dealership washed the car and got it ready.

It was only mid afternoon and Allison suggested we have either a late lunch or early dinner, and we readily agreed. I needed more fluids anyway at this point, and was seriously considering taking the first of my anxiety meds when I got home. Still, I could only bask in the love Allison felt for us. And my heart wanted to leap out of my chest and hug her itself before we left the dealership, even though the experience was probably a bit emasculating for Brent.

"Where shall we go for dinner?" Allison asked,

"Well, first let's go home," I said.

"Are you feeling okay?" Allison replied, her voice and expression showing concern and worry.

"Oh! I feel great! No, it's, well, I want you there because I will never be able to explain why my husband is giving the pretty girl next door a car out of the blue. So you can tell Carolyn she has a

car thanks to you. You don't want our neighbor, my best friend, to think my husband is flirting with her, do you?" I asked. Then I said, "Besides, I want you to see the look on her face and I don't want her thanking me or Brent, because its your doing and you deserve the credit. And don't think we don't know what this is all about! You know full well Brent's car is in great shape!" I smiled.

"Was I that obvious?" she smiled. "I just wanted to make sure, well, if something happened, that you could get help. And besides, after all that girl has done, well, she needs a car anyway."

"Duh. Yes! That was kinda transparent, Mom. And, well, uh, I love you. We love you. You, well, you are just the most wonderful person." Brent exclaimed, then hugged his mother before I could. Still I got my chance next. It was another good day.

I rode home with Allison so I could tell her more about how special she was, though she would hear none of it, and Brent followed closely behind.

Carolyn was overjoyed and nearly speechless. She said she had never bought a car because she saved the money to spend on things while she was at school like clothes, cell phone bills, computers and such. She just never felt like she needed one when she lived on campus, but now that she was off campus, even just a few blocks, it would make life much easier and safer if she ever had to come home after dark. She worried about insurance though, until Allison called her agent and just had her add Carolyn to her policy as a driver. Finally, she told Carolyn to make sure it always had gas in it and keep the maintenance up, and to call her if she needed any help with it. But I knew Carolyn would never ask her for help.

Carolyn joined us for our early dinner, which we mostly just snacked on, and when I told Allison our plan to go to the grocery store later, she took us all and stocked us up for weeks. The only thing that stopped Allison was the available trunk space in the Mercedes. If we had been in the truck we might still be there. Allison even bought more supplies for Carolyn, even though she had just returned from the store herself. For me, going from being dirt poor a few years ago to being around such generosity was a joy I could never get fully used to.

"So do you have plans for tomorrow, Jessie?" Allison asked as I sipped tea at the restaurant, which was one of those places college students never see the inside of unless they are waiting tables or cleaning them off. The nice thing about that is that no one was staring at me like on campus, but the men there were clearly checking out Carolyn and I.

"No, I guess just read my textbooks and get ready for school. Nothing special, why?"

"Oh, I thought since it is your and Sarah's last day of freedom before school starts you two might want to go shopping. She no more got done complaining about not having enough time with Ron and I yesterday before she's started complaining that she missed her sissy." Allison smiled.

"That sounds fun. What time do you want to go?" I asked.

"Why don't I come by around nine and we'll make a day of it. Carolyn, I hope you can join us, too. I need someone to keep me company while Sarah and Jessie traipse off. Trust me, wherever we go, they will find a book store."

"Sure, sounds fun. But, uh, you mean Brent's not good company?" Carolyn smirked.

"Uh, Carolyn, I think Mom want's a girl's day out. Not sure I have the right equipment for that. And besides, Sarah didn't say she missed me," Brent said with a smile.

"You know that little girl loves you... and misses you, so shut up! But what will you do all day?" I asked, worried he might feel left out.

"Oh, probably read those textbooks you should be reading so I can be one step ahead of you," he said.

"Well we may be gone all day. We've got to get two girls wardrobes ready. I mean, we haven't even started on Jessie's yet," Allison said.

"And we're not going to either," I replied.

"Jessie, I am not going to let you, uh... Well, you can't tell me no. I love dressing you up and I don't care a bit about spending..." was all Allison got out before I interrupted her.

"No, it's not that. I mean, you do spend way too much on me. You're trying to spoil me like one of those rotten brats around school. But I've given up on stopping you, its just... well..."

"Well, uh, is something wrong?" she asked delicately.

"Well, I'm supposed to spend the next month or so getting back up to a healthy weight, and I'll probably pick up a dress size along the way, and plus I still have clothes from last fall I haven't even worn yet. It would be a waste to get me any more right now. I promise, I start getting to run again and workout Saturday. By late February or so you can spoil me rotten again. But not until then, okay?"

"Okay, but make sure you get a copy of those papers where Dr. Riley told you to gain weight." She smiled.

"I know. I'll never hear that again, right?"

"Well, I guess we'll just have to start looking at wedding dresses instead then. Sarah has been begging me to get you to start shopping for them."

"Oh my gosh! I totally forgot we still have a wedding to plan. Brent, are you sure we want to have another wedding?"

"Now you shut up! You promised Donna and I and we're going to have another wedding! End of discussion!" Allison said.

"Listen to your mother. I missed the last one," Carolyn piped in.

"Okay okay! Geez. Hey! Remember when you punked me about driving a stick? How does purple chiffon with a bright green sash and pink bow sound for bridesmaid dresses? Maybe with a sequined trucker hat that says, 'Brent and Jessie Forever'?"

"I think I might be sick that day," she said, her voice revealing no emotion but her eyes showing an impish twinkle.

"Well, Mom, I guess it will be nice to pick out what I wear at this wedding," I smiled.

"I guess it would, but what makes you think that? Between Donna, Carolyn, Sarah and I, well, I'm not sure there will be room for your opinion," Allison snickered.

"That's right. You know, Donna should be there too to help me pick out my dress," I said, being careful to not step on toes.

"Oh, this will just be the first trip. She'll be involved. Trust me. In the last week, Donna and I have talked about and done more work on your wedding than you did all last fall. Goodness! I just remembered something! Brent, Jessie, Sarah will be mad if I forget to ask, but she wants to know if she can spend the weekend with you next weekend."

"Oh, uh, well, I'd love that but, I have to start running and hitting the gym Saturday morning, and we have the Dean's List Recognition thing Saturday night, then lunch with Donna and Mike Sunday, I'm not sure how much time that would leave."

"Well, why not have Sarah come up Friday after she gets out? I get out at noon and can pick her up at school. Then in the morning we can go running and to the gym with you. Then maybe Ron or Allison can pick her up before the recognition thing," Brent suggested.

"Or Sarah could just stay with me while you two are at your smart people thing. Campus events never last past nine or so and she could hang out with you through Sunday that way."

"Oh, we couldn't ask you to do that! Besides, Sarah will have homework and math is killing her this year," Allison said.

"Uh," Carolyn said, then pointed both of her thumbs at herself. "Engineering student. Good at math. Wants to help. Adores both your daughters."

"It's settled then," Brent announced.

"You and Ron should skip town and do something. We got this. Just pack a bag for Sarah and leave it inside the door at your place, or better yet just bring it tomorrow. Then we'll all meet Donna and Mike for their celebration lunch on Sunday. If you're nice, we'll give you your daughter back."

"Sarah will be, well, uh..."

"Bratty?" I quipped.

"I was thinking ecstatic, but yes, bratty too I suppose. I hope you know you're getting a handful when it comes to teaching her math, Carolyn," Allison said.

"Meh. If Brent can teach Jessie, surely I can teach a smart girl like Sarah." She grinned.

After we ate and went to the grocery store it was early evening when we arrived back home. After unloading the Benz and putting everything away, Allison left to go spread joy somewhere else no doubt and we all settled on the couch at Carolyn's, mainly because that was where we were when we finally got the grocery situation sorted out. The clerk had not discriminated on our purchases when bagging them as Allison had insisted on paying for everything. A check of the mail revealed our first letter. A gas bill. It came to just over six dollars for the two days in December that the gas had been in Brent's name, although the heat had barely been on. Brent went online and paid it immediately so we could have at least some feeling of independence. While he was away, Carolyn and I chatted.

"So what do you have going on tonight?"

"Oh, just the usual. Brent wants me to dress up in a costume and ravish me. Just old boring married stuff." I giggled.

"Damn, I need to find a guy like him. I love cosplay." She laughed then, seeing my smirk, realized I had been serious. "Oh, you meant that! Never mind!" She smiled. "So what costume?"

Jessie92
Jessie92
503 Followers