The Devil's Gateway

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wistfall1
wistfall1
135 Followers

"Mine are Catholic, and what the pope says is what they say, and the priests so far have all been just like the pope, and no exceptions. Same with the nuns. They're pretty hardcore; I know, I went to Catholic school from the start."

We connected, but it wasn't our commiserating with each other. No, I think she just took a shine to me pretty much as I did to her, but not quite as bad as me that I could tell; I wasn't sure. Once more, we danced a few numbers, including some fast ones. She was a good dancer.

"How did you learn to dance so good? Being Baptist like you said, and all, that is?"

"I'm Irish, if you haven't noticed, and my mother can do a mean jig. It's in my blood to dance."

"I like how your blood moves you around," I grinned. She returned it.

We finally returned again, and so did the treatment from Sally and Ariel, but I just smiled sheepishly though I didn't feel sheepish—I felt great!

At long last, it was pumpkin time, and we all started to break up. Caryn had danced with the others again, but then with me for several more numbers. That set us to going out of the club together.

"Can I call you?" I asked when we were alone in the parking lot.

"Yes, I'd like that," she answered with her head lowered, but then there was more. "Penny...I think I'd better tell you now that I've never..." she faltered again. I sensed what she was going to say.

"But is it still okay to call you?"

"Yes," she whispered low and emphatically, and surprised me by coming into my arms and held me. Me? It was what I would have dreamed of happening had I thought it possible so quickly. There was no way I was about to discourage her, so I held her too, and hoped we'd stay right there in the parking lot till we died of old age.

"Does that mean that when I have to let you go, you'll let me kiss you good night?" I brazenly asked without thinking.

"Yes, I think I'd like that too," she whispered.

"You'll have to tell me when to let you go," my boldness went on.

"Soon," her quiet voice continued.

Oh, yes, we'd connected, but what devils were troubling her?

"I'm glad Ariel talked me into coming back," she said after a bit of silence.

"Me too. I've enjoyed dancing with you, talking to you too. When is it okay to call you?"

"Whenever is fine, but I do have to go now."

We swapped telephone numbers and e mail addys. Luckily for me, she didn't like tweeting, nor IMing either. Holding her face with a tenderness that startled me, I kissed her lips. It was a soft kiss, gentle and delicate, one made to taste her lips, and allow her to taste mine, and hopefully to want more. There was more than just a tingle in my pussy; it felt as if I'd gotten fairly wet, and frankly, it all felt so delicious. Like a couple of teenagers, we both moaned softly as the kiss lasted a bit more than just a good-night one warranted.

"You shouldn't of said 'Whenever' ", I found myself whispering, again, without thinking. I was suddenly on automatic.

"That's okay. If you want to," she amended, but there was no hesitation.

"How long will it take you to get home and do whatever it is you do?"

"All of that?" she smiled. "About an hour all told."

"I'll call you then," I said. "Good night, Caryn," I told her, but kissed her again.

"Good night, Penny," she whispered as our eyes locked for a minute, if not more. Parting, I know I saw something in her eyes: hope? Why hope? I could only wish.

* * * *

I don't remember driving, and I don't remember walking into my home either—I must have floated in. That's exactly how I felt—as if I was walking on air, and singing among the clouds, or maybe the stars no matter if I couldn't see any this night. My heart wouldn't have me any other way, and if I hadn't always followed my heart, I did now.

If I hadn't been feeling as I was, I'd of been a mess while waiting to call Caryn. How lucky could I get? Very lucky, I hoped.

Taking a quick shower, putting on my sleep shirt, and definitely some clean and dry panties, and brushing my teeth, I got in bed and waited the final few minutes, then called her.

"Hi," she said softly on answering the phone. That set us off.

We talked for an hour at least, and I learned quite a bit about her, all of it fairly mundane, as well as telling her about myself, though there wasn't much to tell. Near to close of our conversation, we agreed to meet for lunch the next day at a nice small restaurant near a park. Even before we ended, if not before, I knew I was in love, and more, I sensed that if Caryn didn't feel that for me, she was considering it. Was I wrong? Maybe, but I hoped I wasn't.

Chapter 3

"Hi," I said as she drew near. She was still wearing a dress with a straight skirt that didn't hug her tightly, but it showed more of her figure, which was more than welcomed by my hungry eyes. She wore flats, and her hair gathered at the neck with a green ribbon. All in all, she was more than absolutely adorable looking, as well as sexy as all get out. Caryn was one delicious combination that set my heart on fire, and more.

Returning my smile, she said, "Hello, Penny. It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

"It is. I placed my order for it just after we hung up last night," I said, letting her know once more of my great interest in her.

"I'll have to check with you when I want a day like this. Of course we do have to have rain some times," she said.

"It can rain when we're away on vacation, or something." She laughed lightly.

We decided to go to the park for more privacy in our conversation, and ordered a sandwich and a soft drink. I remembered that she hadn't drank much at the club, and filed that away as information should I need it later.

Eating and talking quietly on a seat away from other people, we relaxed in each other's company. I could tell that she was relaxed; all of her motions were fluid, easy, and her smile was natural, without strain. Finishing our sandwich, I took our refuse and put it in a container, then returned. Caryn smiled, but it looked troubled.

"Something wrong?"

"No, not really," she said. Then, "Yes, somewhat, maybe. I'm not to sure. There's so much confusion in me. Penny, I did move to be away from my parents so that they wouldn't find out about me, and I guess to lessen any sudden urges to confess and get it out. Also, I did fantasize about meeting someone, but then who doesn't?" she forced a smile.

"I do, or have, so count me in with you," I smiled as I said that.

"We all do, huh? But" she went on right away, "I didn't expect to meet anyone immediately. Oh, I know I was at the club a couple of times, but the first time I was so nervous. I'd never been to a club before, and I didn't stay long, then the second time, that woman...she really scared me. As I said, if it wasn't for Ariel, I probably wouldn't have returned. Then I met you. I like you, Penny, and I'm getting all of these feelings that are confusing me. I know it's just my parents and the church, but they're mixing up so much in me?"

"I like you too, Caryn. Maybe we should just try to be friends, huh? Can you think of us okay as friends for now, and see where it goes? Friends do like each other, and besides, we don't have to push anything, you know," I did my best to salvage us for my heart that was screaming at me worse than my pussy ever had, but we were moving fast. It was good with me, but I could understand Caryn feeling some uncertainty. Then too, I didn't know what all she meant by the church mixing her up, she'd said so little so far.

"I guess. Why not, huh?" she tried agreeing with me.

"Yeah, why not? Look, you said something about parents and church mixing up so much in you. Mixing up with what? Is there something else?"

"I—I think I like you too much," she nearly sobbed it out. "It's all too soon. It shouldn't be happening like this, should it? Too fast, I mean."

Well, that was part of it, or perhaps most of it. "Maybe it's just balancing itself out."

"What do you mean? I don't understand."

"I've been looking for a long time, Caryn, so maybe it's seeming to possibly be happening too fast with you, and me not meeting you soon enough, balances everything out. Do you think that might be the case?" I grinned, trying to lighten things up for her, for us.

"Have you, Penny?" I knew she meant me looking for a long time.

"Some of us like to be free, independent, some like to be like Sally and Ariel. At first, I thought I loved how I was living, but then I started to think of how I'd love to just be with someone, knew that I wanted there to be someone special to just hold and hug, and cuddle with, and not just have sex, wake up, then part, if one or the other of us haven't left yet. I quit liking being like that. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, but I wanted more, and I started to wonder and to look. It's been too long for me. Maybe we're supposed to be this way for each other. Oh, damn it, It's all getting away from me. I'm being too serious, and it looks like you don't need it like that. Friends?" I said, putting out my hand as if to shake hers, and smiled as best I could.

"Yeah, sure. Okay, friends," she said, and shook my hand, but we didn't break it off, just kept on holding hands, looking into our eyes.

We knew better. We had a fight on our hands for whatever reason, and we were going to have to fight it for I knew we both wanted whatever we could give to each other. It had to be with her as it was with me, love at first sight, that is. It looked like we seriously wanted each other to have our hearts. Damn, I was going to have to learn what it was exactly that I had to fight to win her, but I knew I wanted to, and bad.

From what I saw, what I had heard from her, what I sensed, I knew that I had to be with her for ever and ever. It was one of those dumb things we don't believe can happen, but there it was, and I wasn't about to let it slip past me.

We idly walked through the park, then down some nearby streets. Somewhere along the line, we were going to have to talk, and seriously, but my impatient self wanted us to talk now. If I had any sense, I wouldn't push it though, and I had enough sense not to push it at the moment.

"Want to go to Sally's and Ariel's?" I asked her out of nowhere.

Her head spun quickly, a look of being pleased on her face, but then her conscious mind got in the way.

"Did you tell them we would go there?"

"No, but I think Ariel will be thrilled to have you visit. She's a pain that way, but she's so sweet everyone lets her get by with her ways. You'll see that soon enough, I bet," I said with a big grin on my face.

"We can't just barge in on them, can we?"

"If she finds out we talked about it, and didn't, she'll give us what for. Do you want to upset her already?" My grin was still there.

"Be serious, Penny," she said, but there was both a question and hope on her face.

"Can I use your cell phone?"

With that, her face changed to mild worry, but she handed me her cell phone. I called up their house.

"Hey, glad you answered, It's me, Penny."

"I know who you are, but I don't know this number. Where are you calling from?" Ariel asked.

"Hold on, I have someone who can answer that."

"She wants to talk to you," I told Caryn and held out her cell to her.

She was a bit flustered, but took the phone.

"Hi, it's Caryn," she started it.

Then, "Yes, we're in the park right now. She said we could go over there, and I said we couldn't because it's not..." she stopped for a minute. I knew why because I knew Ariel. It would have been the same with Sally.

"Oh. Okay. Are you sure? You're not just being kind, are you?" she must not have given Ariel time to answer the first question. "Yes, I believe you. Okay, I don't know how long it takes to get there...ten minutes? Yes, see you then."

Looking puzzled, but happy, she put her cell phone away.

"I guess you do know your friends. She said to come over, and she actually squealed, I think."

"But quietly, huh?"

It took a minute, but she figured it out fast. "Yes, oddly, she was quiet. Now that I think of it, that's the only way I've heard her so far."

"Yep, that's our Ariel. Kind of like you—quiet in her speaking, that is. Okay, I haven't been around you much yet—do you yell sometimes?"

She thought a moment. "Not normally, I don't think. In fact, I can't remember the last time I yelled, if I ever did. Maybe when I hurt myself. I'm sure I did then."

She was being serious, but looked at me, and saw me smiling.

"You smile too much," she said as if flustered, but she was just kidding. "No, nobody smiles too much, and definitely not you—so far."

We laughed, but walked to find our cars. She'd parked close to where my car was. "Follow me. We'll be there in no time."

* * * *

We didn't get a chance to ring the doorbell. Ariel opened it, and she did squeal as she quickly hugged and kissed Caryn, then me after she'd stepped aside to have Caryn go all the way in. I'm not sure if she'd said anything yet. She was the most loveable creature in all of nature, that was for sure.

"You better not have been out and not come to see us," she faked carping at me.

"I wouldn't dream of it," I said, as Sally and I took our turns at saying hello. She'd already hugged and kissed Caryn, who was a tad red from the mild excitement of the warm welcome that she had to know was genuine.

We sat and gabbed for a long while, Ariel excitedly talking to Caryn, but allowing Sally and I to get in a few words edgewise. When it was after four, Ariel ended our gab fest.

"Come on, Caryn, help me fix us some dinner."

"We can't impose on you like that," Caryn futilely tried to argue. I knew she'd lose. Ariel was a quiet speaker, but a strong and insistent one when around those she was comfortable with, and she was more than comfortable with Caryn. I saw her give Caryn a glare, fake though it was, and Caryn knew it. It was still effective.

They took off for the kitchen leaving me with Sally, who didn't mind it a bit.

"Ariel's the real deal, Sal," I said.

"Yeah. Glad I got to her first."

"First, last, wouldn't have made any difference, she was for you only. Of course some of the others weren't too happy not to have had a shot at her," I corrected Sally.

"I have to say that I know what you mean." At my look, she went on. "How Caryn wouldn't go for anyone but you once you two danced, and maybe before that, had a few wishing you'd not showed up. How's it going with you two?"

"I can't say yet; we're not a 'you two' yet, and may never be. We just started," I smiled ruefully.

"She likes you, babe, just like you like her. You do like her, right? I mean, like as in can't get her out of your mind, as well as elsewhere?" she grinned with too much meaning. She had me.

"Yeah, you're right. She does make me twitch a lot, but what she's doing to my heart is something else. I can't believe this is happening to me. I mean, it's what I've wanted for some time now, but how she hit me was stunning worse than a bolt of lightning, I guess I could say."

Sally laughed. "What's so funny?" Ariel demanded from the kitchen.

"Just Penny being Penny, and silly as can be."

"Well, don't have all the fun without us, hear?"

"Okay, hon. Promise," Sally lied.

What those two were talking about in the kitchen was worrying me. What were they saying? It couldn't have been all that bad, but I did wonder. Caryn was burning in me, in my mind as bad as in my heart, not to mention between my legs. I think my heart and mind were stifling my pussy's reactions, having it hoping as they were instead of lusting as it usually did. Yeah, I had it bad, and I was a goner.

* * * *

We'd stayed longer than we should have, Ariel barely losing her fight to have us stay longer, but we knew it was time to go. I followed Caryn to her apartment, then saw her to her door.

"Would you like to come in for a while," she asked, with an uncertain and slightly trembling voice, her face looking down slightly.

"Yes, if it's really okay."

She nodded, opened her door, and in we went.

"Would you like something to drink? I have some wine, iced tea, and a diet cola," she offered.

"No thanks. Ariel filled me up on everything." She did. There was enough left over for a week, she fixed so much. Caryn laughed, I smiled.

"She does go all out, huh?"

"If she likes you, and she does like you," I said.

"I like her, she's so precious and caring. I'm sure that I've never met anyone like her before. I feel lucky that she opened up her friendship with me."

I had sat on one end of the sofa, and Caryn came over to sit on the other end. She was nervous. Maybe too nervous, and fidgeted some with her hands.

"Caryn, I'd love to kiss and hold you, but we don't have to do anything but talk. Then again, we can just stare at each other. Honest, I wouldn't mind that a bit," I grinned, trying to set her at ease.

"I'm sorry, Penny; I guess I am nervous. I've never, uh, entertained anyone before," she said, emphasizing the word 'entertained' as if chiding herself.

"Would you mind telling me about yourself some more? What it's been like for you? I would like to understand you better, Caryn. You know I'm more than interested in you, and I hope you're interested enough in me."

Talk about increased fidgeting, that did it, then in a moment she seemed to be steadying herself, but still didn't say anything for a while.

"Yes, I'm very interested in you. It's surprised me, as I said, and it's kind of scary to me too. Okay, real scary," she laughed nervously, but it was a real laugh. "Now that I'm faced with it, my doubts have flooded me like crazy. Am I doing the right thing? Was the preacher right about how I feel, that I am going to live a sin that'll lead me to hell and everlasting flames. That's what's in me, what's bothering me, and I knew it would. It's true, Penny," she said, tears beginning to fall suddenly.

Quickly, I went to her, and gathered her in my arms, but very gently. Her face buried itself in my neck as I cooed softly to her, my hands in her hair, then tenderly rubbing her back lightly.

"I'm sorry, Caryn. I won't lie to you, and say I don't want to make love to you, but I can wait till you feel you do want to, if you ever do. If it's alright with you, when you feel like it, I'd would like for you to talk to me about it, and maybe that'll help you some. Don't worry about me wanting to love with you. All of you is what I'm interested in more than anything."

"Are you, Penny?"

"It's no lie. Honest and truly. Since I met you, I can't get you out of my mind. You're one of the sweetest, not to mention most beautiful, girls I've ever met. Let me in, honey, and I'll try to be your friend more than anything right now. I promise, okay?"

"Thank you," she said, and as she started to pull away, she kissed my cheek lightly.

"Now that's promising," I smiled, meaning her little kiss.

She blushed to the high heavens. "It just happened. I'm sorry."

"Mercy, don't you dare be sorry. That was more than sweet, but I won't ask for more. Not till you're ready and want to, if you ever do."

"That's so odd; we've just known each other a couple of days, and already we—you're—talking about sex. I know it's what happens, and quickly, I guess, but it's new to me. Do you often have sex right away?" she asked, a look of great wondering on her face.

"I guess so, but to be honest, I've never had sex with anyone I hadn't known for some time."

"Oh," was all that came out of her mouth. I quickly wondered if I should have been so honest about it, but honesty is what I wanted between us, if there ever was an us.

"But I don't expect it from you, Caryn. Not right now, I mean. Would I like to? You bet, but slow is fine. You do things to my heart, Caryn, and I feel as if I've known you forever though I know very little about you. Getting to know each other over time is fine with me, and if it works out as I hope it will, that'd be great, and if it doesn't, well, I guess I cry some, and try to move on. I meant it when I said we can be friends."

wistfall1
wistfall1
135 Followers
123456...8