All Comments on 'The Divorce Bank'

by Winterfrog

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Another good story

Always enjoy your stories. I can assume that mariage fairs no better in your country than it does in mine.

Being a common-law wife Sarah shuld have understood that screwing around could get het kicked out over night. That should have kept her straight with Michael. But cheaters always think they can get away with it or talk their way out of it. Too bad. Not good for children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
outstanding story

you out did yourself a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thanks Again

Your stories are always the best. May Michael find happiness, may Sarah rot in her own hell!

The WandererThe Wandererabout 18 years ago
What a blessed relief!

As always a good story from Winterfrog.

But for one horrible minute I feared just what Angel Love might have done to his wonderful Swedish/English.

But I'm happy to congratulate Angel Love for leaving Winterfrog's charming idiosyncrasy's in the story. They have always made his stories stand out from the crowd. I honestly feared what an editor would do to his work

Well done both of you.

The Wanderer

thebulletthebulletabout 18 years ago
I 2nd the Wanderer

Winterfrog has his own unique way of putting things. An editor could have edited the charm right out of his stories. Instead the charm remains. I've been a fan from the very beginning. I'm always happy to see a new posting from Winterfrog.

This is another good one. Heck I guess they are all good ones.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
good

I always enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
eh

had a hard time getting past the poor grammar

wetapapwetapapabout 18 years ago
one of the

few writers who make me stop and read their story immediately. as usual, not disapponited, it was a very enjoyable read. a fan always.

curious2ccurious2cabout 18 years ago
Winterfrog...you did it again.

I have enjoyed your writing efforts for quite some time. Once I figured out that you have been writing using English, a second language to you, I was even more impressed.

This has been a great story, and I thank you for writing and sharing it with us.

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
You know I always read your stories no matter what

I something about them totally grabs my intrest.

Have to say, it was the best story I read today (^_^)

Keep writing and I'll keep reading them.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Winterfog you have a way

with putting the cheating wife in place. Keep it up..I look forward to your stories..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I agree.

The Wanderer and thebullet are dead-nuts-on. You have a unique writing style and your editor preserved it. Don't change a thing. Just keep telling 'em and I'll keep reading 'em.

K.K.K.K.about 18 years ago
Another winner by Winterfrog

I have always enjoyed Winterfrogs writting. His stories have emotion and usually end leaving me satisfied that everyone got what they desevered. I also agree with some of the other commenters that Winterfrogs writing style (English being his second language) is one of the things I enjoy about his stories and it is nice to see that he could get help from and editor without losing that style.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Very good

It's always great to see a submission by Winterfrog here. I enjoy the recurring theme, adultery has consequences. Thanks to the author for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
hum

The Grammar in this story is horrible, if you don't speak English as a first language, get a freaking editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I always like to see a new one from you!

This was among your best. Very readable story with a believable ending.

Kudos to Angel Love for a deft touch... not easy!

Keep up the great writing.

DJ

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 18 years ago
A style that is unique and

very appealing. Your use of our language makes your stories better, rather than worse. If only many of those that try to comment had your command of the language and the emotions you convey. KK., The Wanderer, TheBullet, etc, all agree that your prose and its presentation are just fine! Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very Good !!!!! as usual

Extremely enjoyeble read...as allways.

I allways lookout for one of your new posts...

Keep writing in your unique style....thanks.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 18 years ago
Darn Good Stuff

I've enjoyed all of Winterfrog's stories and eagerly drop what I'm doing to read every new one. He is communicating so very effectively in a foreign language that one can only marvel at his abilities as a writer. Getting emotions across in a second language as well as Winterfrog does is not easy but he does it extremely well. I love the occasional phrase that doesn't translate precisely into English. That's part of the charm of Winterfrog's stories. The other part, of course, is that his heroes kick ass and take names. :)

Keep up the good work, Winterfrog!

Tail End PeteTail End Peteabout 18 years ago
More of the same great story telling,

from Winterfrog. You have a real talent for telling the story and taking the reader along for the ride. Keep up the good work.

Tail End Pete

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
Congratulations on another winner

Your stories are always enjoyable. Your men are never wimps and your women never completely brain dead.

The reactions of your men is usually what I would expect from a 'normal' man in the same circumstances.

Most of the writers who have praised you for this story, as HardDaysNight rightly pointed out, should look hard at your plot lines and learn from them.

You never 'reconcile at any cost' - if the wife's betrayal is serious you manage to end the relationship, often amicably which is Ok.

Your reconcilaitions are always reasonable, you never dig the wife's grave so deep she cannot crawl out if you intend to reconcile your couple.

Many of these 'masters' could definitely learn from your balanced approach regarding reconciliation or separation.

Come on guys - you praised this story and most of Winterfrog's other writings - learn to absorb the good from the work of others to improve your own offerings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Another fine story

I liked the story, especially the way you paced it so it didn't bog down. Thank You. Ronnie W.

FireFox59FireFox59about 18 years ago
Enjoyed

Winterfrog,

You're one of my favorite writers here. Your story flow well and are always interesting. Looking forward to your next contribution.

sherlock40sherlock40about 18 years ago
Just adding my kudos to the others being left for

you. I have enjoyed all your stories and I can see that your command of the english language continues to grow with each story. Thank you for always having husbands that are close to real life in your stories. I am so tired of fantasy husbands that either are too wimpy or too eager to reconcile with cheating spouses. You show that its okay to divorce and move on if the cicumstances call for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Again a good read

Your stories have a reality (although in another language) that many do not. I always like them and look for more. Keep the English coming... Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

I know that I will always read a good story when I read one of yours.

Boyd

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Great story

Very good writing and story line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Realism From Overseas

Author - thanks for your time and talent - again & hopefully again at interval. Please don't become to polished that your foreign insights are cleaned up - that is part of your appeal.

We like you because you are a man who does what the circumstance calls for and moves on as best you can.

Again Thanks Author - With High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Excellent Story

A good story. The ending was good. No melodramatic overkill----none of that throwing up bit---good tight writing. One of the better stories that I have read here lately.

playingcardcompany

cwbuddycwbuddyabout 18 years ago
Great!!!!

Another Winterfrog beuty. You write better english than most native speakers.

I always know when I see one of your stories it's going to be a good read.

Thanx

MinigalesMinigalesabout 18 years ago
Charm is not Bad Grammar

This is a wonderful story. Well written and told.

However, I want to express my opinion that bad grammar does not make a story charming. The charm is the style a story is told in. So misspelling a word, dropping a word, or writing something in the wrong tense or singular versus plural, etc. does not make it charming. What makes it charming is using one's own words, proverbial verbs, idioms, proverbs, other things from one's environment, etc. An editor should preserve those. An editor should not make the story as if it were written by the editor, but should correct typos, grammar, etc. and alert the writer to gaps or other problems in the story, but not resolve them.

This story is a winner, but when I read the story the first time when it was first posted, I felt that the editor did not do her job right.

I do not blame the author at all, but I hope the editor will do a better job next time. Remember that you never think a woman is hot because she lost an eye, but maybe because her eyes look a certain way (and not like everybody else's).

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
A Writer’s writer!

Putting aside grammar and punctuation, Winterfrog should be considered, at least in Lit. as a “writer’s writer”. He “simply” knows how to write a simple story, which, judging by the majority of the writers – even the better ones, is quite an onerous task. He understands (by intuition or by reading) the “golden – ratio” between the two most important elements of any plot: THE CONFLICT and THE RESOLUTION. Make the conflict elaborate and loaded, then finish with a rushed abrupt ending and you feel that there really was no resolution to the conflict. Readers typically ask for another chapter or simply don’t understand why the story ended. Put a simple conflict and then shift gear towards the end, and people can’t recognize the characters and the plot from beginning to end. Essentially you do not introduce at the beginning more than you can resolve by the end. Elementary? How many find the right ratio?

Another simple yet rare quality which W.F masters is the consistency of his plots and characters (allowing for development of course). When reading W.F’s stories, I have never felt that I have to close my eyes tight because the plot is just about to yet again come to a screeching halt In the middle of its course, make a blinding turnaround of 180 degrees to reverse course, and then convince me that all that I had been asked to believe about the characters and plot is actually not so, and here comes the revision. It rarely sticks. Not so with W.F. It does show when a writer made up his/her mind FROM THE BEGINNING how he/she is going to end the story, and built it from the base accordingly.

A third charming quality is his use of language (as a literary tool), in the form of Showing (Vs. telling). Even when there is a narrator or a dialog, ‘showing’ is a common place for the writers who know how to use it. Take for example the implied irony in the ‘objective’ retelling of the narrator of the story of the betrayed husband: “a newly restored luxury bathroom with heated floor is a must for wealthy people”. Not one more word is needed to convey the real attitude of the author to the local novo rich.

Last, but not least is the refreshing practice of restraint and efficient and effective measures both in the language and in the plot. You will not find W.F mobilizing small militias to destabilize the regional balance of powers in some sub- continent as a measure for ending a story about a straying wife. You will not need to learn that the betrayed husband is upset by the news that one of his children is not his by descriptions of vomiting, making the mandatory a disappearing act (just to come two weeks later crawling very quietly). WF trusts that you understand how horrible it must be for the husband. He let the restraint dialog and the actions and even the compassionate Epilog speak for him. Wonderful. Thank you W.F for trusting your readers, in writing simply and succinctly.

don87654don87654almost 18 years ago
Disgusting

Once again some writer here cannot use his/her imagination and make a story that is highly erotic as a fantasy. I absolutely refuse to give much of a high score on these fantasy stories that obviously the writer has his mind in the head of his dick, or in the case of a woman writer, her mind up her breeding cave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Now That's What I Call A Good Story

Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Heck of a good story!

Keep them coming!

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Good One

You write good simple cheating stories that are generally very believable. I have only read one or two that weren't...especially the one about the "Naive" wife that tried to cheat 3 times but was stopped by the husband each time before then reconciling with her...that one was bullshit!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
Tht's the Winterfrog I like.

Take no prisoners and ensure that the cheating slut gets her due. I thought it was a good tale. Thanks.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
I agree with Wayne.

A very good story I enjoyed it muchly, a fine read. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Guess what,frog !

The shit have hit the fan !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Man, I got a chock !

The shit have hit the fan.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Why is this such a great story?

1) WF gives reader sympathetic narrator who works hard, has skills and loves his kids .

2) Once he's aware that she's stepping out in one manner or another . He doesn't dither but takes immediate and effective action & gets undeniable . NO WAFFLING/ Wringing of hands

3) WF effectively gives us a glimpse into mind of long term cheater who thinks that by and large her partner ' can be managed' by temporarily dispersing extra sex/ attention until crisis had passed and she can revert to cheating.

4) he waits & catches her in public on midst of her lies and declaims her on the spot . No merciful private shaming!

5) they split up as is appropriate for her near decade long pattern of deception, but they make the best of the situation in terms of the kids.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
10 TEARS AFTER

10 years before. The bank always wins. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another great story

Its amazing that winterfrog does such a great job with his stories seeing that english is not his native language. I enjoyed this story a lot but would have liked some additional insight into sarah's thoughts during this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Bull shit !!

Just---bull shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Several weaknesses

in this story. 1. On what planet would a husband with kids tolerate his wife going out to clubs 5 out 7 nights a week and then throw in a Sat. night to boot ? 2. How could a husband be so dense as to not know of a annual sexual outing of his wife with her former boss when he is in another city.that lasted for the 10 years they had been married ? I felt that Sarah's character's motivation was not addressed at all, which left a typical Winterfrog story written entirely from the man's perspective. Also, Sarah didn't suffer much for being such a despicable wife, 10 year affair, spent her money only her own clothes and cosmetics which she used to hustle men outside her marriage. Oh yeah there is a bastard child she tried to pass off as Michael"s. What a tramp I would have ruined her reputation (an easy thing to do in a small town).

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
more classic

more classic winterfrog.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Yep Simple - staright forward

No nonsense - no wimp - just drop the hammer and move on -

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Excellent

Great revenge on the cheating cunt. She should suffer in pain.

Don't cheat if you wish to be happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Daughter

While Linda may not be his real daughter for all intents and purposes she knew him as Daddy and for 6 years he knew her as his daughter. It did not say he ignored her but it left a lot of unanswered questions about their relationship.

Also I think when Sarah got up to 3 nights a week out I think I would have raised wholly hell. Two was pushing it after that.....

Oh I gave it 5 stars, I think it was more of a 4.5 but you cannot enter that.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE INTEREST COMPOUNDS IN THE BANK

sooner or later someone gets to collect, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
At last

At last a scandanian man with balls.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good

Good Frog. Takes no prisoners in his best work.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Wow, ten years and two kids later, they still had plans for a big wedding? Tough to swallow, seems like a way for the story to have both a long-standing affair and the option to dump her before the wedding.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

If these stories are true at all, it must be easier to separate and remain a father there than it is where I live. That's encouraging.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

what happen? man that was confusing

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Dark story but the main problem is lack of originality. Usually WF is more original but here he follows LW stereotypes. Not great.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 years ago

5 stars, I love a happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Secretsal, my son and his wife lived together seven years and had two children before they got married so there is nothing unrealistic in that premise.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If half of what Winterfrog writes are real, Scandinavian people are hella weird lol.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous