All Comments on 'The Dog Talker Ch. 01'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Beginning

Glad to see you posting stories again.

Boyd

Phxray54Phxray54over 13 years ago
Thanks for shedding some light…

We’ve all seen the stories about abandoned animals due to the economic crisis. Your narrative puts a human face (K9 face) on it. It brings the shelters trials and tribulations to us in a form we appreciate and can more readily understand. Please continue your efforts to entertain and enlighten us.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 13 years ago
A wonderful beginning

We've missed you, but continue to read your wonderful and skilfully written stories. I can't recall how many times I've read "A Man Among Women". And now you're back to entertain us some more. <br> <br> This story is off to a great start. Your writing skill continues to amaze me. Can hardly wait for the next Chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
did author pass

Did this author actually ever pass grade school beyond 2nd grade? There's so much use of "---", "...", etc. in many locations any story and text becomes lost. Such writing needs to be deleted, or severely edited prior to posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I love your stories but

IMHO the "preaching" content of this one overwhelms any character development and plot so far. Never denying you your right to an opinion or to express it, I don't like this first chapter as much as I do so many of your other stories where the message is more subtle.

You are a gifted writer, do romance well. Great to see 2 postings on the same day from you.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
A Real Tear-Jerker

and even though the bit about re-doing everything was a bit heavy handed, I loved it. The author is one of my favorites and I was even going to write him an e-mail to ask if he was well... It was wonderful to see him checking in with two stories today.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 13 years ago
Super --- Or I should say, Superb --- dog story, dear author!

In my early youth, I had owned dogs and beautiful roosters and rabbits and when they died, I cried my heart out. <p>

We become emotionally attached to our animals whom we loved and who loved us --- we think --- in turn, even if we can't communicate with them as your fictional story here says.... But a certain mutual love, trust, and friendship always exist, when we raised animals from when they're very young and they trust us with their lives... <p>

I had actually wished you'd gone on to write more about Samantha, her pups, and Shadow settling together not far from each other and living happy and productive lives, keeping their human onwers and friends happy...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
here we go again

here we go again another well written, well planned, story line from Dinsmore. I hope for many more chapters.

PassKeyPassKeyover 13 years ago
Very good

I like it, a nice feel good story

naughtyboy2004naughtyboy2004over 13 years ago
nice intro

Its a nice intro into a promissing story.

Only the building part is a bit over the top, but who cares its a story.

I'm looking forward to part 2

Kind regards

MSquaredMSquaredover 13 years ago
Well done!

Glad to see you back, Dinsmore. I have long been awaiting your next submission, and I can't tell you how glad I was to see two new ones today! This particular story hit a little lose to home, not only because I have three dogs of my own, but the most recent acquistion was a rescue Weimaraner pup.

She was six months old, barely surviving in a puppy mill when she was rescued by a local organization. She was fostered by some friends of ours, and my wife and I loved her at first sight. According to the vet, she was within days of dying due to malnourishment, but now less than a year later she has transformed into a healthy, wonderful addition to our family. And boy, is she an alpha bitch!

Once again, welcome back and well done!

GLenbar85543GLenbar85543over 13 years ago
Well Done

WHat a great story TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

Really fine story, and Dogs being main charac ters. I've only become

aware of you writings several days ago. All fine stuff.

Please continue to entertain and educate us.

DinsmoreDinsmoreover 13 years agoAuthor
Why I stopped writing on-line in some measure three years ago

"did author pass Did this author actually ever pass grade school beyond 2nd grade? There's so much use of "---", "...", etc. in many locations any story and text becomes lost. Such writing needs to be deleted, or severely edited prior to posting."

This is the kind of crap that helped me decide not to produce for this forum three years ago. I forgot how much this sort of crap pissed me off.

Ass hats who can't write themselves so they attack others. I'm very done here. Have fun reading whatever this shit brain writes.

gutless ass.

Dinsmore

KAIJFKAIJFover 13 years ago
Can't wait!

What a great story! When I scanned the new stuff and saw your name I was happy. After I read the story I was even happier. The characters are so believeable and likeable... especially Shadow.

Thanks so much and I can't wait (but I guess I'll have to) for the rest.!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Don't Quit because of idiot critics

Some people just don't understand.

Great post - why don't you post on storiesonline.net and get away from the jerks.

The dog parts were fantastic - I could just feel the pain he was experiencing with his jaw.

Keep it up

gravyruggravyrugover 13 years ago
Lots of good stuff here

You did kind of get away from the main story, though, or at least what I thought was the main story. There was a setup for a date, and then nothing more about it, even though the story went at least several days past it. What happened? Is that in chapter 2?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A really nice story

Please don't let some anonymous jerk stop you from writing on this forum where you have many fans who wait with bated breath for your submissions. Anyone who criticizes and doesn't even have the courage to sign their name, should be ignored as if they didn't even exist. Please don't punish the rest of us. And to you anonymous criticizers out there - 'Get a Job'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Happy Happy Happy

So very happy to have you back. Absolutely fantastic. Welcome back. I look forward to many more wonderful stories....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
More Please!!

I have been reading your stories for the last month - how could I have spent 3 years reading stories on this site and just now discovered your's??? I agree that you got everything set up for a date and then left us hanging - I guess that's our way of knowing there is more to come. Please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Welcome Back-Great Story

Read all you stories. Keep them coming.

arelativearelativeover 12 years ago

bit curious how it classes as a romance with barely a human interaction mentioned. anyways it was a nice read and it definately needs more chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love this concept --- any more?

I really like the talking to dog concept and would love to see this story finished.

Thanks in advance for any updates.

-Doug

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Clearly a multi-chapter story that was never followed up on. It's too bad, because this first chapter showed some real promise. There are a few things you could improve on: The mental "dialogue" with dogs is indistinguishable from regular conversations, which makes reading the story a bit of a pain. There was also a bit of a disjoint between the first part of the chapter (dog-whisperer, et al) and the second part (board-room/financing stuff) which you could improve.

The general idea of the story is sound and intriguing however!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nope,there is no more.

Getting older I discovered that sitting for hours in front of a computer was physically unhealthy. My three pups are, sadly, all reaching senior dog status at the same time and all three need a lot of care and therapy. Thank all of you who enjoyed my writing.

Yes this is Dinsmore---too lazy to go look up my password.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Well thank you for all you did share with us -

We miss your words but get your reasons - some of us are in the same place -

If you find yourself bored and needing to get some thoughts out, feel free to come back and share those too LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I've seen the same sort

of criticism from the prior "Anonymous" posted to several other authors' stories. Same style of angry, hate filled condemnation having little to do with the story, plot, style, etc. Almost as if that "Anonymous" had a serious problem. I hope he can get some help.

Dinsmore, thanks for all of your writings. Several are in my top 50 list. Several I've gone back and reread.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Where's chapter 02 etc.........

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
GREAT STORY

You're a great storyteller; Interesting and entertaining. What I haven't been able to figure out is why you would start a good story and then just walk away. It appears as if it has been seven years since Chapter 1 was released. Is there actually a Chapter 2 in progress somewhere??

drachir53drachir53over 3 years ago
One of the best, if not the best stories I have read on this site! 5*

Amazing story of animal(dog) love. We had to put our last animal a cat named Ben down around 13-14 years ago. I had to call my younger son(2 golden Retrievers) now at college to go with me to vet and he went in with Ben for procedure. I cried a lot! We went to a local bar to talk and have a beer!

This story had me wiping my cheeks a couple of time. Our 3 children have 7 dogs, 5 large and 2 tiny. I love all of them and pet any dogs that come by house on leash of owners, after asking of course.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Not what I expected on the literatica site but sitting here with my Dane Boxer cross looking up at me wondering why I’m crying I’m moved beyond words with your story . You speak like you also believe in some type telepathy between some dogs and humans . Thankyou for this story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous