The Dragon Ring Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was stunned how beautiful she looked. We paid and with her on my arm I paraded with her all the way back.

We had decided an early evening call would be the best approach, and had an hour or so to wait. I had directions from one of those constables that seem to infest the private areas.

Councillor Cadwill was an octogenarian, spritely for his age and ever willing to join an argument.

His house was one of those overlooking the old Palace. A stately place, which had been built to house an ancient king's mistress. It was all marble and polished stone, it would have looked cold but for the splashes of pinks, greens and blues that were ingrained in the walls and floors.

He received us after I had passed the note over to the footman who answered the door. We were conducted into a well-stocked library. A young girl came and offered us refreshments, the fruit juice sounded nice and I asked for that. Sissy also chose a fruit drink but of a different flavour.

He came in, trousers and braces over a white shirt.

"Jocis says that you have an interesting little problem that might serve my appetite."

We, or I, ran through our story of attack and escape.

"So you're a wizard in training, an apprentice who's ready for his journeyman's venture?"

I nodded.

"A bare eighteen years old?" he asked looking me over. "No one will believe this tale."

"I can swear it on the crystals."

"I'm sure you can, it's been many years since the crystals were last used."

He sat back, stroking his beard.

"It is a sure outrage, what has happened, but it is in a kingdom far away."

"Not if you have the Princess here. You can sell the story around the fatherless child of a dead king who's been robbed of her birthright."

"That, young man, is a politicians way of thinking; are you sure you're only eighteen?"

I smiled as he continued.

"Of course the wrinkle is the betrothal to prince Hallit. If he were to back her it's a cinch; even now the council is reluctant to go against the royal house."

"I know not of the prince; we were to attempt communication tomorrow."

"Ah, of course you are not in the circle. You know not that the prince has privately denounced her on hearing the tale. He has unofficially announced his engagement to some merchant's young daughter. Very rich I hear, her dowry should swell the prince's funds considerably."

"Whoa, that's set the scattercat amongst the pigeonilings," I said. Inside I was so overjoyed to hear that, that I would have given everything else up and taken her as a plain ordinary wife if she would have me, but the ball was rolling now.

"Leave it with me. I will make a few calls and have a few conversations tomorrow."

"Sir, I am reluctant to mention it but we also lack funds. We are staying at an inn on the dockside for the while, but my funds will not last much longer."

"You must move in here," he stated, ringing the ubiquitous bell. "Have you luggage? No of course you don't."

"We have a few things we've acquired."

The maid attended, "See to it that two rooms are prepared, we have guests. Tell Robrik to ready the carriage."

She curtsied. "Yes Councillor."

"Now come, the carriage will be a short while."

He took us through to a sitting room, pouring us glasses of wine and seating us on a chaise longue. It was a place loaded with paintings, portraits predominantly, but some beautiful landscapes. I strolled around looking; the Councillor was busy penning notes, and Sissy. Sissy was beauty in a beautiful place, looking every bit as she belonged here.

After a while came a knock on the door,

"Come."

The door opened.

"The carriage is readied Sir."

"Take this young man where he directs you and return him."

"As you wish Sir."

I followed the man out, after holding Sissy's hand for a moment, her eyes shining bright and full of joy.

Upon my return Sissy's laughter was ringing out. I was shown back to the room, my 'luggage' taken as I entered. Antic was on his feet, heading for the door I was entering by.

"Ah there you are my boy," he said to me. "I'm afraid that my age forces me to retire early, if you want for anything, ring the bell, oh and ring when you want to retire and they will show you where you are roomed."

As soon as the room was empty I went to Sissy.

"Sissy I want to marry you, the prince has renounced his claim and you are free."

"Yes, my love when this is over we will wed..., we could be together in the meantime if you wish."

"I think it best if we stay our hand on that, we can wait a while longer till things are clearer."

"Not even just once?"

"My love, wait until the time is perfect, it will be more delicious then."

She gave me a rueful smile, and reached out and took my hands, kissing each of them. We sat a while longer, both of us relaxed. Whatever happened now I was going to get the girl of my dreams. We lay back our bodies entwined, I felt the gods smiling on us.

The bed was a double, comfortable in the least. And the room gave a view of the city around with its own balcony.

I stood there a while, looking out at the glittering lights in the darkness. Before I fell asleep I thought of the prospect of soon being united with Sissy.

The footman woke me in the early morn, bidding me attend the Councillor in the breakfast room.

I dressed hurriedly and ventured out my door, walking back to the entrance hall where we had been first received. A maid appeared as if by magic and conducted me to the master's breakfast room.

"Help yourself my boy," he said, waving vaguely in the direction of a side table with foods laid out on it.

"It seems that you have made a name for yourself, did you really strip him naked?" he asked, a smile playing on his lips.

"No sir, I only made him look naked, and I gave him a big dick, he was acting like one."

"The rumour mill has it, they haven't made sense of it yet, but a version of your claim is in there. I'm off to fan the flames a little. I shall be back for dinner. Make yourself at home. Mi casa es sui casa sort of thing. This might be fun."

He rang the little bell.

"Tell me, what do you plan to do today?"

"I thought we might stroll about the town."

The bell was answered by a maid.

"Tell Robrik that they are to have ten gold apiece," he informed her.

And with that he was gone.

I walked to the food and placed a few morsels onto a plate, retiring to the table.

Robrik entered and placed a little tray at my elbow, on it were four piles of five gold.

He coughed, "Would sir be requiring the carriage?" he enquired.

"Thank you no; do you have a museum here about?"

"Yes sir, would you want someone to walk with you?"

"That would be very nice, thank you."

"My pleasure sir."

"Do you know if Princess Sisoft is up yet?"

"I shall enquire sir."

With that he left the room.

"Ah there you are." Sissy poked her head round the door. She walked to the food and piled the plate, coming over to sit next to me.

"What a delightful place, even the kitchen is bright."

"Kitchen?" I echoed.

"Yes, I went there looking for breakfast."

"Well, our host is off to feed the beast; it seems my escapades of yesterday have been seeping through the fabric of this place."

"Hmmm?" she queried, concentrating more on her food that me.

"Oh nothing."

"What did you say?" She was attentive now.

"Just that the games afoot."

"What are you on about?"

"Nothing, what do you want to do with the morning?"

"I don't know."

"I fancy something calm, like a museum."

"We could always go to an inn and cuddle up."

"I've got a feeling that eyes may be on us for real. Let's go to the museum, then back here for lunch, our host should be back then."

"OH alright then," she grumbled.

"Good, oh here's 10 gold, a loan from our host."

I handed her the money and she put it in a little purse.

"That's new."

"Yes one of those things I got yesterday, I showed it to you."

"Right, let me go and shave, and we'll be ready."

"Can I watch? I want to learn so I can shave you."

She sat on the toilet, watching as I prepared. The lather was applied and I showed her how to hold the blade, backhanded, which caused an initial confusion. I shaved myself with only one little nick. She got too close, her head only inches away, examining the angle. Well that's my story. It was her fault.

As we entered the main hall we were greeted by a young boy. "You want to see the museum Sir?"

"Thank you young man."

He ran to the door. "Follow me." And scampered out.

"He looks to be only twelve, some spy."

I laughed, and taking her arm followed on, pulling the door behind.

He led us through busy streets, then into a quiet square, with people taking the air or lazing on the benches on a green in the centre. Then up to an impressive and imposing building, created as in the golden age. It's pillared front a full two storeys high, possessed an imposing grandeur, having doors the height of two men. They stood wide and inviting and we wandered in, the boy was following.

"Do you want to go round with us?"

He shook his head.

"Here's two coppers, wait for us outside in two hours, when the sun is high in the sky."

He scampered off, and arm in arm we entered.

"I dreamed of you last night. All I remember is a warm glow and your face, but it was much more when I woke." She hugged my arm tight.

We passed paintings of grand men and women, families, and townscapes, some unexpectedly large. Further down were landscapes, nudes, she giggled at the male ones, and some modern art that was beyond me.

Further rooms revealed costumes, furniture and weapons, there were some evil axes and swords there.

We gave torture a miss and wandered into the wildlife section. First Flutterbyes and Goths in the Lepidoptera classification. Then the mammals and mankind's nearest relative, according to the latest science, a Yranga Tanger, found on some of the Far Isles.

The reptiles were next and the two most poisonous in the world. The deadly Texian Boot Viperine, matched nearly by the Vituperous Religiot, which was found in many pockets around the whole world, differentiating a little as to colour and size, as this new fangled evolution would have us believe?

We were out inside the allotted two hours; the young lad was sitting, waiting on the steps with a liquorice root, chewing the end off vigorously.

I called him, "Hey!"

He turned, smiled when he saw us and got to his feet. We followed him down, and back to the dwelling.

12