All Comments on 'The Duellist'

by TheWitcher

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I don't usually read sci-fi

but I'm glad I found this - well-written and engaging. All the best in the contest Witcher, you deserve to do well!

NayeliNayeliabout 14 years ago
Very interesting

I loved it, well written and on the edge. I think there should be a conclusion to Jayden's affair with Emma; it's not very clear when or how that ended, since he seems to be with Niamh at the end.

mulder_foxmulder_foxalmost 14 years ago
What happens to Emma?

As far as I read, Emma had moved in with Jay. What happened to her when Jay got back with Niamh? That part of the story was left out or what?

BartNCLTBartNCLTalmost 14 years ago
NIce!

You seriously ought to think of expanding this into a screen play. I'd pay to see it

Kev HKev Halmost 14 years ago
Vicarious experience

You took me there and kept me there. A stylish and nearly flawless tale with good depth--not much more a reader can ask for. Wonderful job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Who needs the sex scenes

I found myself skipping past the sex scenes so I could get on with the narrative, find out what happens to the characters. Not sure that should be a good thing on an erotic literature site, but it sure is proof of a cracking yarn. Nice work.

formiscuseformiscusealmost 13 years ago
Great story!

Very imaginative; love the writing and the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
What fox said

what the hell dude? You don't end a great story like that. The wedding thing in the beginning set up their relationship. It's how stories work. They're pretty much locked in. Now apparently jayden has two chicks or something. You needed to clear that up. It feels lazy. Kinda looks like you intended to make Emma the perso he wound up with then decided you liked niamh more but figuredthat wouldn't be taken well so you just glossed over it. Wim is a weiner. I'm not down with Emma ending up with him.

Other than that great work

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Loved it!

Totally engrossing read, loved the scifi and romance--glad he ended up with Niamh and not the rather irritating ex in the end.

EpixrysonEpixrysonover 12 years ago
thanks

I loved this story .One of the best here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Absolutely brilliant

That was the most engrossing story I have ever read on here. Like a freaking movie. I can even understand how he ended up with Niamh after being tempted by the past. Love the world you've created, the character of Jay, everything. No complaints - wonderfully descriptive. Fantastic job. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
What happens to Emma?

I loved the story, I really did.

However, I have just have that one doubt; what happens to Emma? Do they get together? Or is he still going to screw around with his boss-lady??

Just askin'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
what

Coooome oon more please

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
awesome

Really gladdens me when i find a hidden gem like this amidst those generic space marine and harem scifi type, with the exemption of ripperfish of course.

tazzlover2014tazzlover2014over 5 years ago
Love the Intensity

I am new to the site and this is only the second story I have read, but man oh man am I glad that I did. Great writing and the character development is great. There are a lot of key points that are not directly worked out, but are apparent if you read between the lines. Jayden was a great character - rising from nothing to become a kind of greatness in his world. Maybe a part 2 is in order, something that takes us down the road a bit - say 10-20 years in the future.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca6 months ago

Great story, really ratcheted up the tension as it went. Please keep writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous