All Comments on 'The E-mail'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Good Flash****

Thanks for sharing.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 8 years ago
careful before you leap

Still waters run deep ! lol chuckle !

Britease you are undoubtedly the new King of the flash story ! I used to think that Pappatoad owned that title , but since his bad health forced him to retire his keyboard, the mantle has been passed on to you !

Keep your loins Girded though , the ol LW site has been a proverbial hornets nest lately ! I'm afraid that satire is not appreciated by a lot of this crew. They will come at you for not understanding her feelings , or just being a male chauvinist pig who resorts to violence when he could have shared his wife sexually with all her coworkers !

I'm making a little light of the subject , but not much I'm afraid.

Great little yarn !

5*'s

fifteen16fifteen16about 8 years ago
Man

A man who uses his position of authority to gain sexual favour from a subordinate is not a man, he is of the male gender but he is not a man. On a serious note I have been made aware of a situation that after a period of three years has finally been resolved, why so long?, because making a fuss can damage the career and other company's shy away from perceived trouble makers. Yes this is still happening in the u.k. in 2016. good yarn.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Nice

A story about the defense of a healthy marriage for a change.

stev2244stev2244about 8 years ago

Nice flash story and quite entertaining.

SharedSigneSharedSigneabout 8 years ago
No offense, well written

It's just a guy story for other guys. I felt I wasted my time reading it. So boring. I know the disclaimer said no sex but the title and description got me curious. I would have given it more stars for the writing quality but the behavior of the protagonist was so idiotically sophomoric.Spitting and slapping? Really? I guess that was supposed to be funny, like farting in an elevator. I would be embarrassed to be seen with a guy like that. I won't read another by this author.

robinhodrobinhodabout 8 years ago
Keep them coming...

We're running pretty short of good writers just now.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
A good flash story...and...

A good flash story...and I would bet it was his wife that sent the email...4*

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Good quick yarn

Enjoyed it a lot.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 8 years agoAuthor
Dear Signe

Afraid you missed the point luv. Still having just looked at your photo on your page (is that really you?) then I'm obliged to forgive you.

fr45fr45about 8 years ago
I normally don't like non-erotic stories.

I prefer the kind of stories that SharedSigne writes, and like you, I also like her profile picture. However, I did enjoy this particular story very much. 5*

RhomanovRhomanovabout 8 years ago
*****

Chuckle. Lovely :-)

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124about 8 years ago
Excellent flash story!

...And it doesn't matter if it isn't really erotic or have a lot of sloppy sex in it. This group is more about the love between a man and his wife, or lack of it. And this is what this story is about. I always love the conflict and jealousy more than the grungy details, though sometimes they are called for.

One question though, in the UK, as used in your introduction, isn't the present tense of the verb, "to choose" actually "choose" and not "chose" which is past tense?

5 *'s

mordbrandmordbrandabout 8 years ago
@signe

You would be ashamed to be seen with a husband preventing his wife from cheating on him or being forced into it by her boss? If it bothered you that much, you probably wouldn't be the type of wife a man like her husband would care to have. In fact, after taking a quick glance at your stories, I am sure you would not be.

carvohicarvohiabout 8 years ago
Now...

that was awesome!

Let me shove this big fat five up your nose! (LOL)

Jedd Clampett

HcopHcopabout 8 years ago
Nice story from one of the masters...

.. even if some readers will not read any more of his stories, appalled with "spitting and slapping" that are not reserved for the poor husband...

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 8 years ago
Great little flash story

Really liked the twist at the end; I did not see that coming. For once a stupid perp gets exactly what he deserves. Well done!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 8 years ago
Great

I liked it very much. A facial slap is more insulting than a blow with a closed fist.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
NO MATTER THE SPORT OR THE SKILL INVOLVED

people never forget the word Family. TK U MLJ LV NV

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
Not bad

Not great, but not bad. A flash of a flash tale. Whenever I read something like this, I always think it would have made for a terrific scene within a much larger story.

Maybe I missed it, but did the narrator ever tell us what "incriminating evidence" was in the e-mail? And why keep the sender a mystery? I'm probably overthinking this one.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 8 years ago

Boring scene that didn't deserve to be an entire story. No plot, no interesting characters, and certainly no sex. Just here to gather compliments from certain authors and their anon fans for featuring violence. Won't score over a 4.5 though because no one dies and none of the violence is directed at a woman, that's the only thing that scores 5s from that crowd.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 8 years ago
Another Enjoyable Read

A good short story about an actual loving wife for a change.

As any man will know to be slapped down is humiliating, a good right hook is the decent way to go down ! lol

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 8 years ago
Good story!

Not sure what the negative commentators read. This was fun. And the author told us at the start there was no sex. Guess people really can't read. But as to who sent the e-mail? That's a mystery. Sir George didn't know who Jan's husband was. Lover boy wouldn't out himself (maybe his secretary?) and Jan announced she was handling the problem herself. So we have run out of suspects. I did like the nod to Sean Connery. Well played.

green117green117about 8 years ago
Who sent the email?

How about the wife?

She knows he will prevail, and she gets plausible deniability, which saves her job.

Green-something

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Another Britease gem

Not up to 'Shocking News', but that was a masterpiece rather than just a little gem.

Lue

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 8 years ago
nice story Brit

Who cares that a couple putrid cuck fans didn't like it, it was good. No complaints from me, and I think, like a few others, that the wife sent the email. She knows how to motivate him. 5 stars.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1about 8 years ago
Don't overthink the email

INHFO the email was irrelevant. Like all authors here, Brit had to introduce a way of telling the innocent husband there was a problem. At that point Brit had three choices. He could, not explain who the email was from. He could trot out a previously used discovery method and have us all yawning. Or he could put in an enormous amount of effort into thinking of an original way of tipping off the husband. That would have been a waste of effort for this story that was obviously meant as a light hearted little piece of entertainment and a damned good one at that. Well done Brit.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
Can't believe that I

haven't commented on this absolute gem of a story. I normally like your stuff Brit, but to me, this one was really enjoyable. I suspect that men who have inflated senses of worth (is that the correct way to say it?) do have the tendency to look down on those men they deem to be subordinate to them. And this is a very good example that all is not as it seems at first glance. As to who sent the email, I think that Britease works with Jan in his other life and he is the one who tipped hubby off.

Well played. And I tried boxing once when I was little and again once in college when an Olympic hopeful wanted to spar with someone a lot taller and stouter than him. Worst 12 hours in 3 minutes I ever spent. He didn't hurt me, but I can see how a small man who knows what he is doing can obliterate a larger man who doesn't.

Thanks for the story.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Ah,

"an inflated sense of self-worth". Sounds better, thanks for whoever sent the email to me.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Masterful, Britease.

This was a very fun flash,

Thank you for writing and 5 stars.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 6 years ago
Get some !

NEVER screw around with little dudes, almost all.of em are tougher than the. Average schmuck

StormKing33StormKing33about 6 years ago
5* Unique, not the usual LW tired cliche

So our Hero bitch slapped the hell out of a sexual harasser, in self defense.

Well played then! We could use more of that.

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Good guy

Its refreshing to read where husband cuts off predator in time and saves marriage with help.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A FOOLISH MAN

It is a foolish man who messes with another man’s wife. Cemeteries and hospitals are full of foolish men that did! Better to stand there and look stupid than to do something and prove it!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
9 10 it's all over

Good story

Enough said

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Decent

Decent story for a change.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nice

Nice short smart story, well done.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Surprise

Lots of surprises in that. Didn't catch on until you told me. Great short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Rugby v. Boxing

I have boxed and I have watched rugby. Frankly I think rugby is a much rougher sport!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Nice script flip

Well done. You may not have boxed but Tom damn sure did.

Soooo....who the hell DID send that email? My money is on Sir George.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Hahaha. Big bastard got bitch slapped by a pro. Awesome.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Another

Another one to add to favourites. You have to watch out for those little guys. My son's Krav teacher , one of the best in the country, is 5'8" and maybe 150 pounds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
good for him

but jan never gave him a blowjob for taking care of the kreap

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

Loved it, will read more of his stories. It shows that you don't need sex and cheating to have a good loving wife story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Whodunit?

I am guessing it was the General who sent the e-mail. My theory is he knew who Jan's husband is and when he saw that Norman was making the moves on Jan, he saw the opportunity to get rid of the useless sod. Thus the e-mail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
why the dance

If she knew what he was up to and her husband was there why did she even dance with the creep? Just tell him to back off. If he threatened her job she can go to HR.

Best or worst case she knees him in the balls and makes a scene. The woman would defiantly be believed regardless of the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Perhaps the only way this story would make sense is if the other fighters' people somehow knew that Norman was hitting on Tom's wife and they sent the email in the hopes he gets in trouble or just to get inside his head before the fight. The writer made it clear the wife wasn't fooling around and was just trying to handle it herself because, while some wives have a loose cannon for a husband that they could turn loose on a creep, she has a Terminator. So this story needs another chapter to wrap up the loose ends or it will remain a mediocre story.

JRandyJJRandyJabout 3 years ago

The wife sent the E-mail dummy.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 3 years ago

5* This was my 2nd read on this excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well all the commenters picked a different character sending the e-mail, and you are the only one that knows, but my guess it wasn't any of them. My guess is Holder's wife, figuring Tom would seem see it, and do something about it. What she didn't know was he was about to be light weight or middle weight boxing or kick-boxing champion. I really liked the fact the General recognized him. Good editing. Keep writing.

XYZ

paulroverpaulroverabout 2 years ago

Good story, very enjoyable when an arrogant a**hole gets his due.

One thing though, his sister's nephew would in fact be his nephew too, ???.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The mystery remains , who sent the e-mail ? This was a fun little tale of come-uppance where the good guys finish on top , but who sent the e-mail ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unless the General was referring to the child of a third sibling, I believe the author intended the lothario to be the sister's son, and thus the General's nephew.

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

[01.08.22]

Fun und Funny!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good stuff, Britease. I can even forgive you for being a rugby fan!

ScrewmauScrewmauover 1 year ago
Now rugby ... That was different of course.

Now rugby ... That was different of course.😉😉

FluidswallowerFluidswallower7 months ago

Thanks form a good bit of fun.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Damn. Tough choice between four stars and five. I did like it, so that makes it four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well I'll be a son of a bitch! If it isn't a real, genuine, 100% natural, actual loving wife. :) You got me, I would never have guessed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous