The EMT Ch. 01

Story Info
Wife receives an intriguing email.
8.9k words
4.37
141.6k
82

Part 1 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/23/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the first part of a full-length novel that I am writing. It takes its time to set up a believable and yet highly charged sexual coercion, slut-wife, exhibitionistic, betrayal, BDSM, domination story involving our heroine Suzanne. Trust me, future parts of this story will get very much hornier. If you are looking for immediate satisfaction, this first part of the story maybe isn't for you. Whilst this part does contain some consensual vanilla sex, it is essentially a scene setter, putting all the hooks in place for later development. Only those that go with this will get the full satisfaction of what will come. I don't expect it to score highly initially, but do expect great things from later sections. You can contribute by outlining ideas for future chapters - if they are original and I use them, I'll credit you with the concepts. However, as I hope you can see from this first installment, I have a pretty good idea where I'm going with this. Suzanne has no idea of what is coming!

The author retains all rights. If you don't like the idea of coercive adult sexual behaviour and fantasy, please don't read it. If you do read it, I hope you enjoy it.

Your comments and suggestions are always appreciated and welcomed at the address in my profile.

The Invitation

Suzanne James glanced quickly down the list of mails in her in-box. Amongst the usual clutter of spam invitations to increase her penis / breast size, or family income, or to save on medications she had never used, or to subscribe to porn sites she had no call for, were a sprinkling of genuine e-mails from friends or family.

Incongruously sitting amongst the unopened mail she noted one from an unknown, but strangely familiar source. She recognised the domain and format immediately. It was from Ruler Electronics, the company that had employed her husband for the last 11 months. But instead of the familiar ian.james@rulerelectronics.com (indicating another message from her doting husband Ian), the "from" address was an unrecognised hrteam@rulerelectronics.com. Suzanne wondered why her husband's employers would be contacting her direct, and how they could know her private e-mail address. The "subject" line of the unopened mail didn't offer much clarification, and simply stated "2004 360-degree Appraisals"

"Cheek!" she thought to herself, as she quickly started to delete the spam mails from her in-box, resisting the temptation to immediately solve the mystery by opening the enigmatically entitled mail. She scanned the friend and family mails and recognised the usual collection of tired Internet jokes and chain mails. These latter either promised to change your life within 24 hours of sending the offending message on to another 10 unfortunate recipients, or were the slightly less annoying ones that generated a feel-good factor by recounting some heart-warming story of triumph over adversity, followed by an appeal to your conscience to forward the story to "some of the people you really care about, to demonstrate your love for them". She unconsciously made the decision to read/delete those later, and turned again to the mail from the "hrteam" at Ruler Electronics.

Not knowing quite what to expect, she double-clicked the entry and waited for a second for the mail to open on her screen. She read it quickly, and then re-read it with mounting interest and curiosity.

Dear Mrs James,

Please forgive this direct contact, but as you may be aware, we are approaching the first anniversary of your husband's employment with Ruler Electronics. As part of our assessment and review process at this time, we normally undertake a 360-degree assessment of your husband's performance and contribution to the company. At Ruler Electronics, we take the concept of 360-degree assessments very seriously, and seek input not just from your husband's superiors, subordinates and peers, but also from his family. This allows us to form a complete picture of how your husband has settled into our "business community", and also to identify any issues that may affect his happiness or performance, or opportunities for advancement or further responsibility.

In addition to this routine interview, and unusually given Ian's short tenure with the company, we can tell you confidentially that he is one of the candidates being considered for a significant internal promotion. As part of the selection process, we would like to meet with you and to get to know a little about you. Being a member of the Executive Management Team involves a number of extra-curricular duties, including accompanied attendance at various EMT and Board workshops, team-building events and social activities. It would be helpful to understand your own views on such corporate activities when considering Ian's candidature.

We are confident that you will want to play a full part in this process, which is important to your husband's future career with Ruler Electronics, and to this end, we would like to invite you to an interview at which your own thoughts and views can be collected. Obviously, we recognise that this is an additional and onerous demand on your time, and as a gesture of thanks for your participation, we plan to conduct the interview over dinner at the excellent "La Provence" restaurant in the centre of town. Any expenses that you incur in relation to child-minding or baby-sitting will, of course, be re-imbursed by the company, and we will send a car to collect you and to return you home after the interview. The interview will be conducted by one of your husband's superiors, and has been provisionally scheduled for this Friday evening at 7:30 pm.

To confirm your availability and willingness to contribute to the appraisal and selection process, please respond to this e-mail by Wednesday morning so that the necessary final arrangements can be made.

Finally, and in order to allow a completely un-biased and open exchange of views, we take the unusual step of asking you not to discuss this part of the appraisal and selection process with your husband prior to the interview. Based on our past experience, we find that new employees unfamiliar with our appraisal process can be intimidated by the depth of our research, and in some cases can attempt to influence the part played by their spouse to the detriment of the review process itself. In this case we are additionally concerned that, should Ian not be selected for the promotion, we should like to ensure that he is not de-motivated by the result. Consequently, although Ian is aware of the vacant Executive Management Team position, he is not aware of his own position as a candidate. We therefore respectfully request that you treat this e-mail as strictly private and confidential between us, and refrain from discussing it with anyone, including and especially your husband.

Many thanks for your understanding and cooperation,

Yours in confidence,

The HR Team, Ruler Electronics Inc.

Suzanne reflected for a moment or two, and tried to come to terms with her feelings about this strange, surprising and intriguing e-mail. There was so much to think about. "Bloody hell!" she thought.

She had never seen or heard anything like it before. Her first reaction was one of great pleasure and pride that Ian was being considered for such an important position. She was aware that the EMT members at Ruler Electronics were Gods, Trojans, and the elite of the elite. They were extremely well rewarded with executive share option schemes and additional benefits. It was a massive complement to Ian that he was even being considered. She thought how pleased he would be if he knew he was a candidate and reflected on the disappointment he would feel if he missed this chance.

Her second reaction was one of pleasant surprise that her husband's new employer went to such lengths on behalf of the review process at the end of, what she knew to be, a probationary year's employment. But it was a great year, she reflected. The opportunity had come after a tough period of unemployment following Ian's redundancy from a previous employer during the fall out of the 2001 Internet crash. Ruler Electronics was a very secure company, with a brilliant niche in the world of digital imaging, and market leading products in the fields of covert security and tele-conferencing, both rapidly growing markets in the wake of 9/11.

Suzanne remembered how happy they had been when the confirmed job offer had arrived on the doorstep. How, after months of scrimping and saving and managing on their meagre savings, they had enjoyed a bottle of very self-indulgent champagne to celebrate the sudden upturn in their fortunes that the offer from Ruler Electronics represented. After the champagne, they also celebrated by making love in front of the fire, she remembered with a blush.

And it was a great offer and opportunity for Ian; an excellent salary and benefits package, a chance to work in a rapidly expanding field in a senior middle-management position, and to win back his self-confidence after the knocks he had taken during his period of unemployment.

They both knew that the necessary relocation and the peculiar shift patterns had been a small price to pay, although it was mostly Suzanne who had paid the price. It was Suzanne who had been taken away from her family and close friends in the South by the move. She had relied so much on their support and company for so many years, and now she missed them terribly. And whilst it was Ian who spent long nights on call at the plant (Ruler Electronics had a strict policy of always having an empowered decision maker on hand in the event of an emergency), the long nights weren't arduous for him. He was even able to get some sleep in the little duty manager's cabin when he was on nights. It was Suzanne who spent those long hours trapped at home with only young Emma for company. Even after 11 months, Suzanne had made few new friends locally, being on first name terms with only a couple of the other young mothers with 5-year-olds at the local pre-school. The long lonely days and nights whilst Ian was working hard to establish himself at Ruler Electronics were tough on her.

Suzanne turned her attention back to the e-mail. OK, she was delighted at the potential promotion and pleased that the company appeared to take such an interest in the health and happiness of their employee, her husband. So what was it, she wondered, that troubled her about it? She analysed her feelings as she read the e-mail again.

There was a presumption about the invitation that she didn't like. The interview "has been provisionally scheduled for this Friday evening at 7:30 pm"! Despite the word "provisionally", there seemed to be little room for manoeuvre. What if she had other plans for this Friday evening? She chuckled to herself at the thought. With no friends yet established in the vicinity, what else would she be doing? She would be at home with Ian if he weren't on shift, or looking after their young daughter Emma, watching TV and sleeping alone if he was. The thought made her quickly refer to the wall calendar on which Ian had marked his shift pattern. Sure enough, Friday evening he was on nights and would be at the office and plant from 6:00 pm until 9:00 am Saturday.

"Coincidence?" she wondered. On the one hand, it would mean she'd need a baby-sitter if she was going to the interview: on the other hand, it would make it easy to comply with the request not to discuss this with Ian, he wouldn't even need to know about it.

And that was something else she didn't like about the mail, she realized. The assumed complicity between her and the HR team, whoever they were; the request to keep something from her own husband - surely he had a right to know what was happening with his own assessment? The more she thought about this, the more she didn't like it, but the more she could see the logic for it. Ian's job was very important to him, to them both - he had settled well into the company, and had already received plaudits for his work and commitment. She could imagine that if he knew about this interview, he would try to school his young wife in what to say and what not to say. Suzanne could understand how that might lead to an ineffective appraisal. Still, it bothered her.

Then Suzanne thought about her options. Of course, she could decline the invitation, couldn't she? It didn't take her long to realise that this really wasn't an option. How could she not do everything in her power to help Ian win his promotion, from which they both would benefit? How would the company see it if she declined the perfectly reasonable request to get to know a little about her before inviting her husband to join the elite at the company?

Suzanne desperately wanted to discuss this with someone, and thought through those options. Her first choice would be her own husband, but that clearly wasn't an option. She couldn't risk putting his promotion at risk by defying the request not to tell him. And, she thought, I couldn't be responsible for putting him through the heartbreaking disappointment if he isn't selected. She knew that she couldn't discuss this with Ian.

Her thoughts turned to her parents. On the one hand, they could be trusted to provide sound advice, but if Ian were eventually not selected, and they knew about it, she knew they would be unable to resist the temptation to use his missed opportunity to apply pressure for them both to return closer to home. She couldn't give them that opportunity; it would cost Ian too much self-respect.

So she was on her own, she realised, as usual recently. As she had been so much since they had moved to Edinburgh. She knew she had to go to the interview, she knew that she could not discuss it with anyone, and she was determined to give her husband the very best possible chance of gaining the promotion that would change their lives. What she could not know was just how much that promotion was going to cost her, and in what way their lives would be changed forever by the simple e-mail she had just thought so carefully about.

Suzanne knew what she had to do. She hit the reply button, and quickly typed a response, which she carefully read through, spell-checked and re-read before pausing her mouse pointer over the "send" button.

Dear HRTeam,

Many thanks for your kind invitation. Of course, I shall be delighted to accept, and to do anything I can to support my husband's candidacy for the vacant position. I can confirm that, subject to finding a baby-sitter, I will be available as suggested for dinner at "La Provence" at 7:30 pm on Friday evening.

Should you need to contact me to arrange final details, I can be reached on my mobile telephone, number 07788 567365 at any time.

I would be grateful if you could provide any guidance regarding any preparation that I may complete prior to the meeting that would assist the interview process in any way. Otherwise, I look forward to taking part in the process, and confirm my understanding of the confidentiality implied in your message.

Kind regards,

Suzanne James

Suzanne read her response again. It seemed compact and businesslike to her. She had removed and re-added the part about "subject to finding a baby-sitter" several times, and was still unsure about it. The clause made the acceptance slightly ambiguous - she may still go or not go, and she wondered if that was sufficient for the HR Team to confirm the arrangements. However, she liked having the escape clause. If she felt less sure about the invitation in the morning, she could use the baby-sitter excuse to get out of the interview if needed. She left it in and pressed the "send" button, and sat back from the desk wondering if she had done the right thing.

After a few minutes of further contemplation of the empty screen, she pushed her chair back and went to get herself, and Emma, ready for the day.

The Acceptance

Emma was playing happily in her nursery room, as they still called her bedroom. It had been a big event when they moved into the house, and Emma left behind her cot and started to sleep in a real bed of her own. Now she was a happy and beautiful child, no longer a baby, and she was content to amuse herself with the multitude of toys and books that permanently decorated her bedroom. After looking in on her, Suzanne blew her a kiss, and went to her own room to dress for the day.

As she stripped from her housecoat, she was still musing on the unusual mail that had arrived in her mailbox overnight. She couldn't shake the impression that there was something decidedly odd about the whole thing that left her feeling uneasy. Still, she thought, it is too late now. The worst that can happen is that I get a nice dinner on Friday evening instead of cooking for myself, and if they are considering Ian for a promotion, they can hardly be considering ending his employment after his probationary year. She smiled at herself in the mirror and put thoughts about the invitation away.

Foregoing a shower, she quickly dressed and straightened the bed that had been left rumpled since Ian departed for work this morning, and since she had also arisen to make use of the precious few quiet minutes between his departure and Emma's demands for breakfast, to check her e-mail.

As soon as she was dressed, she collected the blissfully happy Emma, and headed for the kitchen where she prepared breakfast. Emma had inherited her mother's good looks and her father's happy disposition and intelligence. From her mother, the straight blond hair, blue eyes and button nose. From her father, the natural inquisitiveness and curiosity that enabled her to be so happy in her own company. Emma had arrived, much to everyone's surprise, in the third year of Ian and Suzanne's marriage, and way before the well-laid plans had allowed.

Suzanne's fears about the impact that a baby would have on her 23 year-old figure and lifestyle, though, had not materialized. Now, 5 years later, at 28 years old, Suzanne was a strikingly good-looking young woman. Slim and athletic, and with no signs of the ravages that early pregnancy can leave on some young mothers, Suzanne glowed with health and vitality. Today she was dressed in faded hipster jeans and tight short t-shirt, that left her flat stomach and cute little belly button exposed. She could easily have been mistaken for Emma's older sister rather than her mother.

Suzanne fed Emma, then dressed her and took her for the short walk to her play-school, Emma proudly dragging her satchel behind her, which contained nothing more than a few favourite toys. After dropping her off, Suzanne had 5 hours to do as she wished, and stopped briefly at the grocery store on the way home to pick up a few essentials for tonight's dinner.

As she walked back through the study towards the kitchen, her eyes were drawn to the computer screen where her mailbox was still open, to see a new unread e-mail from hrteam@rulerelectronics.com. She put the groceries on the desk and clicked the mail to open it:

Dear Mrs James,

Thank you so much for your quick response to our invitation, and for your willingness to take part in the process, as well as for your discretion in not discussing this interview with anyone, particularly Ian.

We are delighted to confirm your dinner engagement for Friday at 7:30 pm with Mr Leicester, a member of the Executive Management team of the company. Our car will pick you up at 7:00 pm and should return you to your home at around 11:30 pm.

Regarding preparation for the interview, we are primarily interested in your impressions of how Ian has settled into the company. Has his behaviour at home changed? Has the stress of his job caused any difficulties between you? Does he appear happy and contented? Are there any circumstances at home, or in the immediate family, that might impact his ability to contribute fully to Ruler Electronics?