The Fallen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carly stood on the precipice at the edge of the clearing, looking down at the white river thundering past far below. Spray kicked up from the water as it tumbled over the rocky valley, obscuring the view further up into the mountains; across the valley atop the steep granite cliff the hills rolled away, gradually subsiding into the plains, empty, barren, abandoned, far beyond her view.

She remembered only short while ago standing on the exact same spot, gazing at the rugged, serene beauty of the mountainside. And she had said to herself, right then, that she would be happy to spend the rest of her life there with Lonnie, under the fast-moving clouds and the chill, hard-edged wind, so clean and fresh and free of pollution. She had not considered at the time that some day, fate may bring her back to that very spot, and have her stand atop the cliff, feeling the cold breeze on her tear-stained cheeks, wondering just how much of that sentimental thought had been truth, and how much had been the escapist musings of a mind so battered, twisted and tormented that it was nothing but an abstract of its former self.

***

Prose for the Taken

Taken from the place you called your home
For the pleasures of pure evil personified
Lock yourself away inside your mind
Learn how to love from one you call your own
And hold that love when all else is denied

You’ll never know the world you left behind