All Comments on 'The Farm Ch. 09'

by SumacandIvy

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

More bits and pieces and questions. Oh, how I want Thug 1 and Thug 2 to meet their Maker (or the fallen one), but I fear you are not done tormenting Prize. I love simple country folk who are not so simple. It gives me hope. Yet the only thing that will pull Gordy out of himself is the loss of Prize. Thus we are back to tormenting Prize. All roads lead to tormenting Prize. I want off this ride and I want to ride it into the ground. And now you torment me...

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiquealmost 11 years ago
If this is love, let it be a great love....

Prize - Philip - and Gordy, do they love? And if so, whom? There's the usual sublime beauty running through this series. I cannot pin down, nor would wish to, the haunting quality of your writing; there's an increasingly dream-like quality to it, which only adds to the beauty. This series, this writing, these shifting characters, are outstanding, and one of the greats on Lit. I love this, I adore this, I am mesmerised by this. Utterly, wholly and unsurpassably b-r-a-v-o.

canndcanndalmost 11 years ago

La Vie writes much more lyrically than I could ever do, but I agree with all she said.

I am really worried for Prize. He doesn't deserve more torture. Can you avoid subjecting him to it?? Just the description of the plans those bastards have for him and the way they'd take him away is just sickening. And then there is Gordy, who I really want to see some redemption in. And as crazy as it is, I kinda hope he can end up back with Prize and get to know him as a man and not a possession. Aarmon was clearly important to Phillip/Rahim/Prize, but he still can't be only Prize's and I think that is what Prize will need when he gets back to himself. I don't know where you are going with this, but I will be waiting for more.

nanobotnanobotalmost 11 years ago

This is wonderful -your descriptions, the atmosphere, the workings of every cog- every idiosyncrasy observed and noted. Ethereal and gritty, every warp and weft brings forth a genius of texture, a cloth of weight and worth . This is Dickens reborn and I thank you for it.

chesthairslavechesthairslavealmost 11 years ago
Compassionate Plea

The loss of Mrs. Featherwink's retirement money convinces me that the torture of Prize is unfinished. Please don't break his soul prior to the finale. Let the content of Gordy's locked armoire of evil be used on himself by Prize and break the master's curse by the man-slave who loves Gordy to extremes. My own apology for tardiness in catching up reading and commenting on your poetical story. Pneumonia put me in the hospital.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSumacandIvy@SumacandIvy
Always writing since childhood and looking for a hero to emerge from the dust. A hero in search of saving.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Farm Ch. 08 Previous Part
The Farm Series Info