The Final Encounter

Story Info
Jess and Anna fight for their lives on last time.
7.1k words
4.38
10.3k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: I placed this in Non Erotic because the story does NOT revolve around sex. However, there are R Rated elements, so beware.

************************

“So, what do you want to do?” asked Jessica as she swatted a bug away from her face.

“I don’t know, what do you want to do?” Anna replied.

“Jeez, Anna- make up your mind! Well, we’re almost to the lake now - so, I guess we’ll just change and go for a swim. How does that sound?”

“Sure. That’s just peachy.” Anna replied, joining Jessica on the road to the lake. Jessica just shook her head. Her friend had never been very decisive.

“Do you think Bob will be here?” Anna asked in a loud whisper.

“Anna! Why do you always have to bring him up? That was so scary! Remember how him and his creepy cousin stalked us at the shelter?”

“Remember? How could I forget? That was the most awful summer of my life.” Anna shuddered dramatically.

“Well, let’s just forget about it... we’re here now. Let’s have fun!”

Later that day while the girls were having lunch on the rocky beach, Jessica heard a crunch of tire. Looking past the cabin, she saw a state trooper’s cruiser drive slowly down the gravelly road to the lake. Shrugging, she turned back to her sandwich.

The girls heard voices approaching from behind, but ignored them.

“Hello, my darlings!” a husky voice said.

Suddenly, both girls were on their backs on the rocks, staring up into a shadowed face. The face came closer. They would have known those greasy looks anywhere... Bob! The last thing Jessica saw before she started screaming was the gleam of the knife in the late day sun.

***************************

Jessica sat up, clammy and shivering. Her blanket was on the floor at the foot of her four poster bed. About five feet away, she saw that her roommate Anna was sleeping peacefully, facing the wall and sawing logs. Above her, the window showed that it was nearly dawn and Jessica’s bedside clock agreed. Jessica sighed and leaned back against her headboard. She touched her hands to her head. No fever. With another sigh, she crept out of bed and out of the room to their cheerful yellow kitchen.

The girls shared a tiny apartment, but they’d carefully decorated it to match their fun, cozy style. Jessica smiled at last when she saw their luggage piled neatly in the living room, awaiting the arrival of their boyfriends in the morning. Tomorrow they were going to an ocean town in Maryland to escape one last time before they had to go back to college. For the couples, this was their last chance before they headed their separate ways to graduate school. A lump formed in Jess’ throat as she busied herself to make coffee. This was the easiest way to wake Anna up without getting her head bitten off.

Once the coffee was on, Jessica settled at their tiny kitchen table and fingered a wilting daisy. Paul. Her boyfriend of three years had given Jess the daisies last week to make her smile. She’d been complaining of frequent headaches. Her “doctor” wasn’t even helping. There was no way to make the dreams go away. Ever since the summer when they’d graduated high school...

“Mornin’ my favorite beach bunny!” Anna chirped. Jess jumped, shocked at her usually not morning friendly roommate.

Happy to have her thoughts taken away from her troubling dreams, Jess replied, “Is there something wrong with you, or have I awakened into an alternate universe?”

“No such luck... it’s just that we’re going to the beach today! We have extra cash for once in our lives... and our rent is already paid! Our loving boys will be there... as will many other appreciative onlookers... and we, in our extravagant bikinis! Hoo hah!”

“Did you just say ‘Hoo hah’?” Jessica said, trying to hide a smile.

“I believe I did... what has your panties in a... Another dream? Oh, girl! Are you all right? They can’t hurt us Jess!”

Jess did smile at her friend’s quick perception. “I know, kid... it’s just scary. You know they’ll be released soon. It was only juvie.”

“I know. I worry about you more, though. We’ve both had counseling... and you’re still not okay. And I don’t think it’s good that we haven’t told the boys. They deserve to know.”

“I know that, too. It’s just that I don’t want them to run in the other direction.”

“I know they’d stay with us. They’d only be worried about us. And, if they run in the other direction... they weren’t worth our time to begin with!”

A knock on the door distracted them immediately. Anna flew to the door and opened it, beaming upon the sleepy faces of Paul and John, their boys. Every worry was soon lost in a flurry of packing and loading themselves into Jess’ Jeep. Even the worries that had tormented Jess since that summer got left behind as the group headed for Ocean City.

************************

“Wow, Anna! This is a great place!” Jessica exclaimed once they had arrived at Anna’s parent’s condo. Everything was plush, white, and rich-looking. There were fresh flowers on the mantle and on the dining room table, attesting the regular upkeep Anna’s parent’s paid for. There were freshly polished French doors looking out onto a hardwood deck, and even further to the blue ocean.

“Yeah. Like I said, it has two bedrooms upstairs and two bathrooms. The kitchen is through that door, and you’re standing in the living room/ dining room. Plus, outside, off of the deck, there is a heated pool and a hot tub. And on down the steps, we have our own stretch of beach!” Anna went on, as she busily placed bags in their future homes.

“All right, Anna, you don’t have to sell us this place, we’re already here!” Paul joked.

Anna made a face and went back outside to help John unload the rest of their belongings.

Paul took that opportunity to pull Jessica close. “Why don’t we go upstairs and pick out a room?” he said with what he hoped was his most charming grin.“You’re so bad!” Jess whined with a smile.

“So, that’s a yes?”

Jess just rolled her eyes and went with him to explore the house.

Anna and John continued to unpack the Jeep. “How much do want to bet that they’re already having sex?” John asked with a cursory glance at his watch.

Anna shrugged and continued to reach for the last of the bags.

“Want to join them?” he asked.

Anna made a face, “I’m sorry. I really don’t want to lose my virginity at an orgy, honey.”

John blushed a deep red... “That, uh, wasn’t what I, um... I didn’t mean...”

As if to save him, Jess and Paul appeared to help them take the rest of their belongings inside. Each showed a tell tale flush, clearly indicating that John had been correct.

Later that night, after they had settled in and had something to eat, Jess and Paul went to the beach for a late night swim and Anna and John went to sleep.

Both were soon awakened by the sound of shattering glass.

*************************

Paul chased Jess up the sandy slope. “Baby, come on! Just let me carry you! I’m not that drunk!”

Jess giggled and fell onto all fours in the sand. Paul caught her around the waist and half carried her, half pulled her up the hill despite her noisy protest and frequent giggles.

Laughing, they crossed the deck and entered the house, only to find Anna and John cuddling on the couch with Anna is hysterical tears.

Jess sobered and hurried to Anna’s side. “My God! What’s wrong? Tell me what happened, honey!”

Anna let loose of John and clung to Jess, whispering into her ear, “They followed us.”

Jess pushed Anna back, her hands gripping her shoulders. “Bob?” she whispered. Paul came up behind her and put his strong hands on her shoulders. Anna handed her a crumpled note.

Good luck with your vacation.

I hope it’s better than mine WAS.

-Yours-

“It was taped to a brick and thrown through the door.” John said, looking angry. For the first time, Paul and Jess noticed broken glass glittering across the tiled floor of the foyer.

“Did you call the police yet?” Paul asked. “I mean, since we can’t go out and break any legs, we could ask the police to get the sons of bitches who did this.”

“Maybe we should tell them, Jess.”

“Maybe you should us what?” John asked.

Paul sat in the overstuffed chain facing the couch and pulled Jess into his lap. “Go on, baby. Do you know who did this?”

Jess sighed. “Four years ago, this month, we met these two guys at my grandparent’s lake. I mean... it wasn’t like we led them on or anything...”

“Jess. Just be honest.”

Jess swallowed hard, pain closing in on her from every side as she pictured the sticky August night with horrific clarity.

“Come out, come out wherever you are.” Bob’s voice floated from the very rafters of the big shelter. “Little boys should play nice.”

Another slimy voice chimed in, “Don’t you want to see your girls again?”

Jess shivered, clutching Anna’s arm as they cowered, tied up on the damp shower floor in the women’s bathroom. Their mouths were taped shut. Jess felt something with many legs skitter across her neck. In the pitch blackness, she could make out only the outline of the door and the muffled cries of their boyfriends.

Suddenly, the room was flooded with light. Silhouettes of their captors filled the doorway. “Caught!” came Dean’s slimy voice. Though younger than his cousin, he outweighed him by about a hundred pounds. All of it was pure muscle. Next to him, Bob was as broad as a bean pole and almost as tall. They had murder written in their eyes.

Dean strutted into the tiny, damp bathroom and clutched Jess’ boyfriend Billy by the hair and shook him. He groaned. “Come on, wake up! It’s party time!”

In the early evening, Bob and Dean had come to the lake. They had been furious to find Anna and Jess with their boyfriends. In the days before, the girls had toyed with them, making them think they were single... meanwhile they had just been waiting for Billy and Jon to arrive. So, they had left, hearing the girls laughter behind their backs. They had returned and drugged them and tied them up in the bathroom.

Anna and Jess could only imagine what their intentions were. Soon, all six of them where in the main room of the shelter. Jess and Anna were arranged in such a way that they could see the whole of the room. Jess’ boyfriend, Billy and Anna’s boyfriend, Jon were standing on the second level, looking woozy. Dean stood behind the girls and tore away the duct tape that had served as their gags. In the split second it took for the girls’ screams to rip from their throats, the boys were laying in front of them, mangled and bleeding. He last thing either remembers is the sound of Bob and Dean’s laughter as they drove away into the dark night.

The room was silent, except for Jess’ muffled sobs when she finished the story. Paul stroked her back, ut sat looking shocked.

“Why didn’t they get imprisoned for life?” John asked.

“Well, Bob’s dad was a state trooper, and often left case files around. Bob was clever enough to make it look like suicide. Our testimonies were thrown out of court because we were seeking counseling for trauma. They only went to juvie for stalking and evading police questioning. They were to be released this week.”

John stood and moved to the phone. “We’ll report this. If they’re so stupid to have stayed in town, they’ll be easily caught.”

Paul stood as well, “Screw that! C’mon, John, let’s go kick these bastards asses.”

Jess jumped up and in front of Paul. “That’s not necessary, baby. Come on... it’s probably just some kids trying to scare us. I am all worked up from telling you that awful story, though. Maybe you could just help me forget.” Jess absolutely purred the last line, trailing an innocent finger down his puffed out chest. “And besides, my baby doesn’t scare easily, does he?”

Just as she expected, Paul melted at her touch. “Well... I guess I... yeah. I can protect you.”

“No Paul, you’re right. We should at least report this to the police.” John took the phone off of the hook.

Anna objected this time. “Baby, no... let’s just forget it. Look, if something else happens, I promise we can call the police.” She looked to Jess for support, but she was already in her own world with Paul, cooing intimately on the sofa.

Winding her arms around John’s neck, she corralled him onto the overstuffed chair. Sitting on his lap took his mind immediately away from the trouble at hand. “Let’s say we go to bed, cuddle up, and start fresh tomorrow.”

John just nodded, distracted by the shapely form lounging on his most private area.

**************************

The following morning, the two awoke late to find that Jess and Paul had already headed to the beach for an early afternoon swim.

“Wanna join them?” John asked, sipping some cold coffee distastefully.

“Sure. I think we should have some groceries delivered later. That way, we can eat breakfast and snack without spending mega bucks on boardwalk food.”

“So practical.” John laughed. Anna punched him in the arm good naturedly. “Speaking of the boardwalk, though, are we ever going to go?”

“Sure. How about tonight?”

“Sounds good. We should ask Paul and Jess, too. I mean, we should do something as a group.” Anna said, rummaging through the a kitchen drawer.

“I already asked if you would.” John said. His idea was punctuated by another sharp punch in the shoulder.

Later, the girls lay on the beach, watching their goofy boys frolic in the waves. They’d rented surf boards and it was a damn funny sight. Jess’ watch beeped and the girls turned over to even out their tan as if they were eggs that needed frying on both sides. Jess had a sort of California girl meets Harvard prep look. Her hair was pure gold, sliced through with lighter strands. She was short and shapely. Her fair skin burned first, but then mellowed into a delicious tan. She wore a turquoise bikini that showed off her blue-hazel eyes. The brief bikini was much too pricey, but, as Anna said, they had earned it.

There was no mistaking Anna’s Italian and Irish roots. She was also on the short side, but her legs went on for ever, as John liked to point out. She had a year round deep tan from her Italian side and a streak of temper that matched her Irish ancestors. She had a wild mass of curly black hair and dark eyes to match. She’d chosen a basic black bikini... with Dolce and Gabana silver embellishments. It made Jess laugh.

Lounging on their bellies made the vulnerable to attack, and attack the boys did! They picked up the girls and threw them over their shoulders...and from there, into the salty water. Needless to say, tanning for the day was over.

*************************

Later that evening, the four went to eat at a hot spot on the boardwalk.

“I love this town! All these drunk people are so friendly!” Jess said, giggling and swaying a little on her three inch thick sandals.

“Isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?” Anna laughed, holding onto John for support.

“Keep your proverbs to yourself... you’re not Miss Sobriety either.” The two giggled, and the boys laughed. The walked toward the pier where the Ferris wheel rode high into the starry sky. Paul and Jess walked on ahead as John pulled Anna back and onto the steps that led fro the boardwalk to the closed public beaches.

“What are you doing?” Anna exclaimed in surprise.

“Being spontaneous.” John answered, pulling off his shirt and shoes and heading for the water. “Come on! Skinny dip, baby!”

Anna giggled, glad of the liquor swimming in her head. She stripped off her top and followed him to the dark sea. Just as she dipped under her first wave, there came a shrill whistle and a stern voice.

“Hold it right there!”

*************************

“Jeez, Paul. Don’t you think this is a bit much ice cream? Three scoops? It looks more like a half gallon!” Jess exclaimed when he handed over a large mint chocolate chip cone.

“I’ll help, I promise.” He led her to the edge of the boardwalk where they could feel the cool sand between their toes.”

“So, where did you say Anna and John disappeared to?”

“John asked me for advice on how to be more spontaneous... he wants Anna to loosen up and sleep with him. And... I told him spontaneity was how I got you.” Paul grinned, slinging his arm over her shoulder to fend off the ocean’s cool breeze.

“Oh, come off it, Paul. You took me to a hotel in the middle of the afternoon and asked if maybe I’d sleep with you. That’s called hormones... not spontaneity.” Jess laughed, rolling her eyes.

Paul actually blushed, “Well... I’ve gotten better... right?”

“Of course, baby. You’re the king of spontaneity! Now, what fool idea did you put in John’s head?”

“Skinny dipping.” Paul replied proudly.

“Paul! This is a public beach! They could get arrested!”

“Hey, the public beach thing was his idea.”

Just then, the ice cream fell off of the cone and onto the sand.

“I guess that’s our cue to leave, huh?” Jess giggled.

“Yeah, let’s catch the drunk bus home.”

************************

When Jess and Paul arrived at the condo, there was a police car waiting. Jess looked pointedly at Paul and they opened the door.

The scene inside was similar to the one from last night. Anna was cuddled up to John, crying on sofa. Except for this time, a police officer was standing over them, trying to look comforting. He was failing. Another officer was dusting the patio door with fine white powder.

“Who are you?” the officer standing asked.

Anna stood, holding her arms to herself. “Officer, this is Jessica. She was one of the original victims.”

“I’d like to ask you a few questions.” the office said, reaching for a note pad.

Paul jumped in, his quick temper taking over, “I have a question, myself. What the hell is going on here?”

Jess moved to sit next to Anna and pulled Paul down next to her. John stood. “Well, we were being escorted home by this officer. When we got here, the door was standing wide open. There were pillows and cushions everywhere and some drawers dumped out. The patio door was also open.”

“There’s no sign of forced entry, kids.” The other officer put in, closing up a small case. “We’d like to keep a surveillance on the house. We don’t usually have break ins, so we’d like to stop this as soon as possible.”

“No, officer, we’ll be all right. We might have just left the doors unlocked. And nothing was even taken.” Anna said before the guys could agree.

“Well, if you’re sure...” the first officer said.

“We are.” Jess answered.

As soon as the door closed behind the policemen, John burst out, “Why’d you say that Anna?”

“I somehow don’t think this was Bob. He liked to leave notes... gifts. He was also usually neat about it. As if he was being romantic.”

“What sort of gifts?” John asked.

“Well... he gave us roses... and mix CDs... and he even gave Jess a sapphire ring. It was his mothers, that bastard. Then... right before they got taken to jail... Bob left us the head of a dead dog on my grandparent’s lawn. It was awful... so Godfather.”

Paul glanced at Jess, who was an incurable dog lover. A few tears had slipped down her cheek. He moved to her. “I’m sorry, baby. Why don’t we go and get some sleep. I’ll help you forget all about this.”

Jess smiled though her tears and wound her arms around his neck. “She turned to Anna. “So, why were the cops bringing you home anyway?”

Anna gave John a pointed look. “I’ll tell you tomorrow.”

*************************

The next evening, Paul and Jess decided to go off and explore the boardwalk on their own. John purchased some groceries and made Anna dinner. He also bought a bottle of red wine and planned a spontaneous poolside/ hot tub party.

After supper and a few glasses of wine, Anna was staring to feel a little bit tipsy. John, who was also buzzing, brought out a deck of cards. “Strip poker?”

“Can’t we play any games that don’t involve stripping?” Anna laughed. John made a hurt face, but before Anna could feel bad, he broke into a smile, “Nope. Do you know how to play?”