The First Ninety Days Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CWatson
CWatson
96 Followers

And that she loved him, and couldn't bear to be without him.

She sighed. "I don't know what he'll say."

"If he'ssmart, he'll ask you to take him back," her mother said.

"Yeah, but, can I takehim back?"

"Why wouldn't you? Didn't you marry him?"

"Mom, he's not a Christian," Caitlyn said. "I thought he was, but..."

"Caitlyn Claire Delaney, what kind of a statement isthat!" her mother said. "Look at where Christianity gotus!"

"Mom, at least you and Dad are trying," Caitlyn protested. "I don't know if Jon will even dothat."

Mom was silent for a moment.

"Caitlyn, you'll have to go back eventually," she said. "Yelling aside, youdo need to get your money and your harps back. Why don't you at least talk to him? You never know what he'll say."

Caitlyn stared at her. "Am I dreaming, or did you just tell me to give him a chance?"

Her mother gave her a wan smile. "Caitlyn... We knew. Of course we were angry that you seemed to be going off and living your life without consulting us, or allowing us to be part of it; of course we resented it; of course we didn't want to talk about it. You'll feel the same when your children begin to leave the home, though I hope you'll handle it more gracefully than we did. Becausewe knew. It wasn't often, but every now and then we would see the two of you with your guard down, when you felt comfortable being yourselves. And, just seeing... We could tell that eventually you would leave us, and go with him, and make him your family. Because that kind of love... Can't be denied.

"He loves you. And you love him. And maybe he's not the right one for you; maybe thiswas all a mistake. But I know you, Caitlyn. And if you don't manage to make this work, well... That will be an even bigger one.

"There; love is supporting someone even when they're planning something stupid; how am I doing?" She smiled.

Caitlyn threw herself into her arms again. "I love you, Mom."

"I love you too, sweetie," Linda Delaney said. And for the first time in years, maybe for the first time ever, her daughter believed it.

CWatson
CWatson
96 Followers