All Comments on 'The Game of Love'

by CAP811

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Rob ConnerRob Connerover 17 years ago
Men are the Last to Know

Great story about two people in Love. Both remain faithful to each other.

The Julie character loses any sympathy after her refusal to face facts and accept that she has no chance.

Wife is strong woman willing to fight for her man and her love.

Great work.

Rob Conner

SheerahSheerahover 17 years ago
No sex scene but...

...a great story. You write well, CAP811. You explained love in simple words yet potent.

Cheers.

Angelindisguise223xAngelindisguise223xover 17 years ago
Way to go!

I really enjoyed this piece. I was happy to see that he didn't end up with Julie (by the end I only saw her as a whiny, annoying pain who couldn't handle the truth). I like the fact that you portrayed the main character as a man who wanted to do the right thing. It's a rare occurence.

AphroditesBelovedAphroditesBelovedover 15 years ago
I loved it! Very sweet!

It also felt like it could really happen. I liked both Diane and Julie btw! And, I did notice there was a kiss initiated by Gary. Sneaky guy he was. But, it ended up fine at the end.

Harper2Harper2over 14 years ago
well woven tale

In porn sex is objective, in erotica subjective. I have rarely seen a better example of this than your story.

This is a well crafted tale that held my attention from the very beginning.....Thankyou

moonlitclovermoonlitcloverover 14 years ago
the power of women :)

i love how clearly you illustrate that diane wasn't just sitting back hoping that gary forever remained hers. she knew what she wanted and she wasn't taking any chances. hooray for strong women. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ending brought a song to mind.

I've always enjoyed Patsy Cline. Your ending brought to mind one of her songs .. "I've got you picture, she's got you" [Gualterio]

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 12 years ago
Sad, really.

I guess an FMF marriage would have never worked in that era.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A lesson learned anew . . .

It's crucial to go after what you want in life. Even if you fail, you gain a great deal

from the effort.

excellent story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Would like to know what happened to Julie after this story (With my ideas for that)

Would like to read a spin-off of this story, this time it's about Julie, who I guess had given up on love, and a guy (a different one) she reluctantly goes out with. After the rejection, Julie goes out but not looking for someone to marry with but to have a rebound to cure her broken heart. After a few failed dates, there's a guy she seems intruiged with. After a successful date with him, that guy starts constantly to asks her out, in which she agress. They get to know each other better and the guy somehow develop feelings for her, hoping she'll like him back, in which of course she won't. Ever. And the story ends with the guy finally marries Julie, who decided to move on completely and finally accepts the fact that there's a undeniable chemistry between them, and have their own children in the epilogue. And the story is told by her husband's point of view.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous