All Comments on 'The Gift'

by princessmaryann

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
I realize it was necessary to the story - BUT

Allowing unprotected sex with a known cheater after 6 years?? The guy might as well have used the 9mm on himself. Well, 4 stars anyway, I miss a few people too.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
IF ONE HOPES AND BELIEVES

anything can be possible...Remember Brigadoon and the centuries, TK U MLJ LV NV

virago920virago920over 11 years ago
Romance?

your first guess was correct this isn't a romance she walked out 6yr ago ,nothing romantic about this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This was NOT romance,she's a cheater and just gave him probably every STD out there. I realise it's fiction,but still, how stupid could he be? But then he's a wimp really, isn't he?

ErotonautErotonautover 11 years ago
Passion is a force of nature

He was half-asleep, obsessed with the loss he'd suffered six years earlier: I can easily understand how he could find himself swept up in the emotional tide. And if it was just a dream, then all bets are off.

josephstevensjosephstevensover 11 years ago
Romantic!

I'm an incurable romantic, and also know a fantasy when I see it! Forget 'safe sex' forget 'cheating'...this is a fantasy, folks...and a great read. You can spend all day being safe and sensible...let yourself dream! Thank you for the story...loved it! More!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
This is the way it is

I am that wimp,that is almost my story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A good story

Forget the comments that don't like the story. The piece is well written and until the last few paragraphs, I had no guess.

Keep up the good work

MerlHaggertMerlHaggertabout 11 years ago
Shit

This was obviously written by a woman. You don't do the thing this woman did and then have it all hunky-dorry. You copped out at the end. Should have done something different. You need to try again and add more believable scenarios to your story telling

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
so she was a mere spectre of herself?

and he will now have a chance to move on.

HardXsRHereHardXsRHereover 6 years ago
Simply Beautiful

Need I Say More.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
plot twist

a ghost. Straight up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Aargh

This wasnt romance, this was a story of a pathetic wimpy man who had an evil slut for a wife. I couldn't even finish the first page, had to skip to the end. The fact that he grovelled when she was leaving and kept hoping she would come back even after she told him that she was leaving him for another man and then as soon as she appears back in his life 6 years later, he forgives her straight away. Really? The only good bit even if its not romantic is that she died and now the idiot can move on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good she died. She left him for a younger man who dumped her after one year!! So she must have been whoring herself for 5 years since!! If she really loved, she would have come back after that first year. Good story but no sympathy for Cindy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

what the fuck

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 1 year ago

Since there was not much of interest in the area he was living in, she was, probably, coming to see him. If her relationship with her lover did not last a year, after she left John and if Cindy had regrets, why did she wait six years to try to contact him? Even if only to apologize? I would have liked to have known her POV was.

-

Having said that, IMHO, as incomplete, that I think, the story is, it is still a solid story of regret, forgiveness and closure. Nicely Done. 👍

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Closure for her after she died. She was too ashamed to come.back after asshoke abused her. She claimed to.love the young asshole more than she ever did her husband. Even setting aside.thr long term emotional affair and 3 months of physical cheating, there is no coming back from that. She probably always carries his address around. Sometimes she might even fantasize about going to see her husband but bails out due to shame. Sadly this time she died.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wimp waits at home for years for the woman who disrespected and left him? Sorry but the MC is irredeemably pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well the closure was nice and helped her spirit and the MC. But there is no way to reconcile a nearly one year emotional affair and then a mulyimonth physical affair, and then being told she loves the new guy in a way that she never loved her husband. Maybe she wa a coming yo see him. But it wouldn't have worked out anyways. Trust was shattered. Sad that he never moved on and bemoaned his fate. Maybenhe can move on now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous