All Comments on 'The Girl Next Door'

by LynnGKS

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
labigqlabigqover 13 years ago
hmmm

The prison bitch won't want her anymore anyway. So everything will work out fine.

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years ago
Lynn, is this really you?

No joke, this is by far the best thing you've ever written. Not even friggin' close. I've read many of your past stories--and once or twice commented on them--and they usually turn out to be the same theme told with different people.

Here, though, I notice several things. First and foremost, this is without a doubt the best pure writing you've submitted to date. "Sugar white beaches." Wow. Wonderfully descriptive.

Second, though the characters initially seem to be cliche rednecks--they live in doublewides, go by their first and middle names, and all drink beers while dancing in their honky tonks--you have actually created three believable, tortured characters that live and breathe.

Third, and most impressive, is that you've created a moral dilemma in which it is hard to label any of the main characters as a bad guy. The wife is left alone because her dumbass husband couldn't quit selling drugs. The husband is being gang raped in prison and doesn't want his wife to be the town whore. The best friend--and main protagonist--is given permission to bang the wife to keep her from being the town whore, but despite his best efforts to the contrary he's fallen in love with the girl of his dreams.

Honestly, you should write such creative, well-written, thought provoking stories way more often. I mean, Goddamnit, you've got me so anxious to see where this goes that I could right now give a shit about when the next chapter of "When We Were Married" is posted!

Holy Fuckeroo Batman!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
doesn't work

i'm pretty sure the piece of trash that writes these stories doesn't have a job or many friends only a loser would continue to write the same crap a person who doesn't get out much and who is evil.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Different

Different story and I am hoping for a happy ending, I am also hoping the next part drops some of the awkwardness. Who uses full names at all times like that, especially in narration and dialogue?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
It Is A Good Read, Lynn

but don't let R go to your head. Think hard about "she is 5 ft. nine, has a big body and weighs 120 lbs.? NOT - that doesn't compute at all! It sure wouldn't on you, and you know it. And I am practically holding my breath waiting for DQS1's next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yo Lynn

Please let Dannyboy go we all are waiting for his next chapter, he needs energy to write, please don't suck whole of his energy. I heard, you are playing Debbie and HDK as Bill? Doug's character is open and there's no one to take it? Hell, I want to be Doug...I want to bone Debbie aka Lynn for 3 months. Get back all, I'm Doug Backer.

machandsomemachandsomeover 13 years ago
Your best work

I have read everything you have written and this is far and away your best! I cann't wait for the next chapter.

LakesLakesover 13 years ago
Nicely done!

Your best so far. Nice set up for when Lester gets out of prison.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
They

Both deserve to die a lengthy and painful death .

LynnGKSLynnGKSover 13 years agoAuthor
Who is Dannyboy?

You have the advantage. I don't know who Danny boy is.

LynnGKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
good

This is very good --enjoyed

Blue88Blue88over 13 years ago
Superb

A tip of the hat to the author - very well done. I didn't realize that this would be a continuing story until the end of page 2 - I would have waited; glad now that I did not. Thank you Lynn for something a bit different - a true moral dilemma.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
CAUGHT

on the horns of a dilemma! Maybe they will solve it... and maybe not > but it will be a good read I'm sure. I look forward to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
change of pace

And a nice one, too. I think it's neat that you know how it feels to be a 240 lb. tackle hitting a little running back, even though a girl would not understand. But surely you know who "Dannyboy" is, even if the commenter is incoherent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Much Better Story

Wow - something with some reality & well written.<P>

This is what you can do and be more appreciated.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
It Happens

I guess the quarterback punk did not know what a shank was. Some just don't have the guts to do what needs to be done. Hell, I never liked football players anyway. The story is good so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yo Lynn, thanks.

for letting go Dannyboy, he left a comments on his story and said a new chapter will be out on Sunday or Monday. Oh you don't know Dannyboy? DQS1? DanielQSteele1? Remember? BTW, this was one of your best stories (-;

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
nice

I surprised myself by liking the story. i thought its going to be one of those slut/wimp stories, but its far from it and it actually have depth. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great

I can't say when I've enjoyed a story more. Anxiously awaiting next Chapter

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Just a very well developed storyline and characters

I like he way the author has written a good foundation for the story and characters to build on.

The story seems to be real with the way it has been presented, and I enjoyed all of the background information that formed the characters in my mind.

A good break away from your other stories.

You're good girl, loved the story and will be watching for the next chapter.

I hope that you enjoyed writing the story as much as I enjoyed reading it, thanks for the read

LynnGKSLynnGKSover 13 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you for the kind comments. Some of my stories are factual ("Dottie" for example) but most are pure fiction. This is pure fiction.

I got a nice compliment from a former prison officer saying I was accurate in my use of prison slang.

The second (and final) chapter will be sent in tomorrow so it should be posted 72 hours later.

Lynn

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice!

The best story you have ever written period.

fregenfregenover 13 years ago
Very Good

Kind of sad in a would have/could have/should have way. Two people who really should have been married but because of well intentioned advice taken the wrong way aren't.<P>

This was done very well. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Always liked your stuff...

Always seen the intelligence in your writing...is there another chapter? I'll take a look.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
OKaayyy

Suspending disbelief is one thing, and I suppose this works. Hell, maybe it even happens.

I do have difficulty with a Guard doing a prisoner's wife, even in a small town with no one knowing, and not being the target of a prison uprising, especially if he's carrying the coal.

Then again, in small towns, everyone does everyone anyway...Maybe mean joe needs an experienced man in his relationship. Vernon should like it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous