All Comments on 'The GOD-father'

by Talemaster

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
rlewiszrlewiszover 11 years ago
God Is

Amazing little story. Man needs God. Man generates God. God IS!

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
Asimov wrote a short story called "let there be light" that closely parallels this.

This is definitely different, and of course, Asimov's story was better, but this ain't bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Old joke

I've seen this punchline before... and the title kind of gives it away, too.

jusdafaxjusdafaxover 11 years ago
Yawn

The punch line for this story was telegraphed from the title on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Plagiarism

A very similar story was written by one of the greatest authors of all time, Isaac Asimov. The title of his story is "The Answer". If you want a well written, original story, look it up. "Talemaster" is a thief!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@Plagiarism

I suggest you look up the definition of plagiarism before you start making accusations, and calling people names, especially anonymously you effing coward. Especially when, in your own words, you contradict your claims.

Writing "A very similar story" does not make someone a plagiarist. Plagiarism involves using someone's WORDS as your own, or using the sentence structure and changing words.

As someone before you commented about the similarities between this and Asimov's work, "they are different". If you are so convinced Talemaster plagiarised Asimov, make an argument with some statement of fact, and disprove what the other person said about them being different. Otherwise, you look like an ass.

But, of course, that would take some work, and some intellect, and if you had any of the latter, you wouldn't scream and yell baseless claims.

GeoD

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 5 years ago
As I recall...

The similarities between Asimov's story and this one were both included:

1. Person or persons build a machine so powerful as to be able to answer any question.

2. The first question of the completed machine was, "Is there a god?"

3. The machine replied, effectively, "There is now."

The differences are, if I recall correctly:

1. Asimov's included a team of people building the machine.

2. Asimov's did not go into any detail about the person/people building the machine.

3. This story demonstrated the answer by showing the person a glimpse of everything, Asimov's demonstrated by having a built of lightning strike the kill switch, fusing it and killing the questioner when they tried to shut it off after getting their answer.

So both could be blurbed with, "What happens when man uses his ingenuity to answer the ultimate question?"

But the stories themselves differ.

If you think that any story covered by the blurb, "Can young love overcome hate or is it doomed from the start?" equates to a plagiarization of Shakespeare, then he might have done that to Pyramus and Thisbe which really might have done it to even older stories...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous