The Good Shepard: New Ending

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They are lying! Matt must have put them up to it!"

"Matt didn't. Beth told me about the conversations that happened at the restaurant with the waitresses. He let them tell the story. All he asked was if they had ever seen you before."

"Father, are you going to believe two low life's or your own daughter?"

"I'm sad to answer that in this case I believe them. Ann, what doctor did you go to who told you you were pregnant?"

"Dr. Eldon."

"Hugh, go inside and call him. Tell him I asked you to call and ask only one question, "Is Ann pregnant?"

Hugh went inside the house. Ann looked like she wanted to run but had no where to go. Her mother looked at her husband, just as she had since they arrived. Tears flowed but not a sound came from her.

"Ann, where do you want the wedding?" Her father asked.

"Here, would be my first choice." She smiled as though by his asking things were back on track for the wedding to happen.

"And how many guests would you think would be the right number?"

"Four hundred, counting family."

"Yes, I like that number. Have you thought about whom you would like to perform the ceremony?"

"Reverend Conch from town. We have attended his church for my whole life."

Hugh came out and sat back in the chair he had been in.

"Hugh, did you speak to Dr. Eldon?"

"Yes, father. I asked him if Ann was pregnant. He answered, and I quote, "How the hell would I know? I haven't seen her in over a year." Then he hung up."

"Ann, the game is over. You are not pregnant by Matt. Even if you are pregnant there is no evidence that Matt must be the father. You have lied to me. You have embarrassed the family. I want you to go to your bedroom and I want you to pack two suitcases. You will be going on a trip as soon as I can arrange it. Beth, didn't you tell me that Ann said she wanted to go to Europe?"

Beth nodded.

"I think that can be arranged. Go, Ann, and when you are packed stay in your room. I do not want you seen anywhere in the house or on the grounds. Do you understand?"

Ann was crying. She cried into her hands and then glanced to see if her tears were softening her father. He waited and when he was through waiting he said, "Hugh, help her to her room. Carry her if you need to. I do not want to see her any more."

Hugh stood and took Ann by the hand. She stood and said, "Father..."

He held up a hand and said, "I do not have a daughter. I had one, but she is lost to me. Hugh, take that orphan out of my sight!"

Hugh did as he was told. When the door closed behind them Mr. Whitetower asked, "Matt, when can we meet the woman you love?"

"Anytime you would like, Sir. She is waiting for us in my car. She didn't come forward with us as she recognized she would have been out of place."

"Mother, arrange for lunch for all of us and iced tea immediately for the young woman. Matt, please get her and bring here to the veranda."

Matt walked to his car and found Kay sweaty and asleep. He gently woke her and helped her out of the car. He held her arm as they went up the stairs and he had her sit next to him. Mr. Whitetower stood as she came up the stairs and sat after she sat. Hugh rejoined them.

Kay took a good drink of the iced tea and smiled.

"May I know your name?"

"Kay. Kay Taylor, Sir."

"Can you tell me about your family?"

"No, Sir. I have been deaf since birth and lived in a foundling home until three years ago. I never knew my parents."

"Would you like to have a family?"

She looked at Matt and said, "I am looking forward to that, Sir."

"I didn't mean having Matt as a husband and children of your own. I meant would you like to have a father and a mother who love you, respect you, and include you in their lives?"

"I have prayed for that, dreamed for that my entire life."

"I only want to say this once, so I am glad my family is here to hear me. I was planning a wedding for a daughter I no longer have. I would be honored to have the honor of giving the bride away at that wedding, if you will be our daughter."

"Sir?"

"Ann is going on a trip. She is not coming back, ever. I find that I was looking forward to the celebration of a wedding. With your permission, we can have the wedding here. Mother will help with the planning and I will help by paying for everything. Including the honeymoon." He paused and no one spoke.

Finally, his wife looked up at Kay and spoke, "Kay, we have much in common. I grew up in a foundling home and met Mr. Whitetower on my first job. I am deaf, too."

Both women were crying. Kay looked at Mr. Whitetower and said, "I accept your kind offer. There is a small problem, however. Matt has not asked me to marry him."

Matt dropped out of his chair and took both of Kay's hands in his. "Kay Taylor, would you do me the honor of marrying me and being my wife?"

"Only if you promise that wherever you go in life, I go with you. That we share our lives together."

"Then, we have a yes!"

Mr. Whitetower looked grim and said, "That promise may be hard to keep. The United States and the world are headed for war. Matt will be needed to help defeat the enemies of this nation. Hugh will be needed as well. While they are gone you will live here with us, you are our new daughter. Is that acceptable?"

"Yes, Sir. If war comes I know Matt and Hugh will be needed. I will do my best to give them something to want to come home to."

Beth stood in front of Hugh. "We barely know each other. I'd like that to change. Sooner than later, if you're interested."

Hugh stood and said, "I think we should walk for a while and talk of many things."

"Of cabbages and kings?"

"Perhaps we may even see a pig with wings."

From this point on the movie would be very different than the one I saw on HBO. I like mine better. How about you?

12