All Comments on 'The Grieving Process'

by Silverstag

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Sweet story

I enjoyed this story. It's plausible and tender, but the sex is natural and growing hot. I'd love to see where these two go in the months to come.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I'm Waiting for More

This holds lots of promise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
This story rings true!

As one who became a widower recently after many good years of marriage with a loving, caring, sexy wife, this story rings true and is well written.

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 18 years ago
So so....

I like the theme, but the way it was executed was awful. I can not imagine two people talking that way. The dialog appeared to be an attempt at humor, an attempt that failed miserably.

The sex play was without any affection. I can't imagine two people actually doing that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The Navigator's comments are correct

I am a 75-year-old retired widower who first experienced precisely the same physical denouement described by Silverstag three years ago with a widowed family friend who was then sixty eight. That, however, ends the comparison. Ours was a tender, respectful experience that resurrected our spirits and comforted our mutual grieving. Certainly not the "baby," "pussy", "cock" dialogue of this idiotic couple, however fictional they might be.

The theme should have been one of care and respect ... for the departed spouses as well as for the two participants. Silverstag defiled this theme with slime.

P.S. - The lady involved is now my bride of 18 months.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
One cold so called loving husband

I have to say this was a really strange story. A few weeks after the funeral he goes and meets his wife’s friend and has sex with her.

WOW, he sure was in painful mourning.

I watched my wife’s slow death for two years and talked to her 24/7 for the last year never being out of earshot. We talked about her wanting me to go on with my life and she wanted me to find a new partner and since we couldn’t have intercourse for almost two years she really wanted me to takes some nights out and find a lover. I told her I’d rather not have sex then even let her once think that I would consider that. That ended all that crap of me cheating with permission. I did want sex bad but the five-finger and palm got great use. I told her I would at some time date again and hopefully find a companion to share physical and mental experiences. Marriage again didn’t seem something I could get a handle on at that time, and still haven’t.

This jumping in bed a few weeks after the funeral is just so unbelievably unfeeling and cold. I guess the passing was such a blessing to the husband he had to celebrate with sex. Was this character really a faithful husband in that 30 plus years, he had no trouble getting back in the saddle right away with no reservations or even apprehension?

As one who is learning to adjust to dating after 40 years and trying to feel comfortable and fully enjoy new sex partners, I cannot get a grasp of anyone getting on totally with their life several weeks after the death of someone they watched suffer through the end of over 30 years of faithful love. I guess it didn’t break him up much, he just moved on. No pain no gain I guess.

COLD!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
To Each A Choice Without Recrimination

I have told my spouse that once the ashes have been scattered to begin life again at the speed comfortable for them not for others.

Respect can be given but not taken - this woman encouraged her best friend to take liberties with her one left behind.

Who has the right not to respect her wishes?

Nice work author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The dialogue is awful!

Well, I can tolerate the theme. If several weeks is too short to mourn over the death, then change it to months, or even years. That is easy. But I just can't stand the dialogue. It looks ridiculous to me. No fire, no energy, no passion, no 'nothing' but pretence and nonsense. I cannot re-write the dialogue for the author, right?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Everyone handles a loss differently

Silverstag:

As you've seen from the comments. As a widower for over 10 years that is my choice. Other's have different ideas on the subject but I'd never presume to criticize their choice(s). Well told. Thank You. Ronnie W.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Didn't dislike, but not really buying into the jumping into bed with wife's friend so soon after the funeral.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous