All Comments on 'The Grievous Widow'

by fanfare

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 10 years ago
This story, I had to quit reading mid-way, it was too painful.

1. Grand Juries do not find guilt or lack thereof. Juries do. Grand Juries determine if enough evidence is there to present a case for trial by means of indictment.

2. The spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors were enough to make my head spin.

3. The anti-male bullshit from a self-loathing man was truly staggering and enough to make my blood boil.

4. If hubby was so damn awful, get the fuck out! Don't kill the SOB. She should have bailed when it became intolerable the first time and not let the in-laws bully her into sticking around.

5. A man's hormonal drives are no less valid than a woman's.

6. Faith healing is a crock of shit and no sensible CPA should buy into it. I'm starting to think that syphilis was one of the STDs that hubby gave her and it must have fucked up her mind.

7. Hubby was an asswipe, but the wife was clearly an enabler and not right in the head. Borderline personality disorder? Probably. She never takes responsibility for anything in the story. Classic BPD. Everything has been done unto her. Nothing is EVER her fault. Typical fanfare, his woman is a head case and he expects to treat her as healthy and reasonable. Because to fanfare, women are infallible saints and martyrs.

To quote John Stossel, GIVE ME A BREAK!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Politics

Including your political grievances did not help this story one bit. I do not care whether you are on the left or right, those comments did not help your story one iota.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow That was Fucked Up

What a crazy rant. I think you need to get back on your meds. Sorry. This was not very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lenin murdered millions?

When did that happen??? Are you even aware that the Bolsheviks came to power on a democratic vote?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Clearly.....

you had an agenda. But it clearly had nothing to do with a relationship between a man and his wife. I agree that a politically charged rant about conservative politicians was your true aim, not at all hidden within a cheating revenge story, so that you could target the audience here. I like reading about complex characters, and sure: CRAZY does make one a little more complicated than sane. But, the rant vilifies stereotypes, and none of these characters had any personality, so the story of this long suffering woman garners little sympathy, because even if her pain is real or justified, the cynical ramblings of hate spewed forth never once explain her reason for staying and putting up with it. Trapped by money, and overbearing family? Hell no, after the STD's, nobody would have stayed or blamed her for leaving. If her philosophy so differed from her husband's, how the hell did they get together in the first place? It was obvious that he never changed, and never would, so why was he acceptable in the beginning? A story that outlined the gradual changes in a marriage (even if it ultimately led to murder) would have been one thing, but instead you show us just how unbalanced this bitch was, and even if we can accept the "why" of it, I can't see how ranting about Tea-Party/religious-right/Rush Limbaugh wanna-be clones helps to tell her story any better.

soulspicesoulspiceover 10 years ago
Boy, do you hate men

A shame. First, try Googling "Women say what they mean. Men never mean what they say!" and you will see there is no such phrase, it is exactly the other way around, almost every hit will ask why women never say what they mean when men do. It is a shame you hate men so much, you don't know much about law, your history and politics are ill informed, and your writing is mediocre at best. Nothing wrong with a story about a woman with a cheating man getting her revenge - we certainly have enough on this site the other way around - but this story suffers from the worst possible fault. It is deadly boring.

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
People

it was a great story because it was "one

persons view and if You were real. you would have "shot" said asshole too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

If you can sign up for Obamacare, please get some help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A dis-jointed, rambling tirade that didn't make much sense.

I masochistically kept on to the end. Did not enjoy it, but I did learn a couple of new words, and feel sorry for the author and whatever made them so bitter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I gave this piece of crap one star but the site logged three instead. I guess, all things considered, I should have expected the scoring to be just as bogus as the rest of this puerile submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
if you really believed in your "cause"

you'd have made him live long and suffer as you slowly extracted your retribution.

this reads ore like a quick dodge the bullet "couldn't take it any more" script

vengeance is meant to be savoured, not pissed down the drain

oh well, not my problem

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 10 years ago
Personally

I loved this. It was a true BTB story, the B just happened to be a bastard and not a bitch. For those of you who don't get it, it does not matter which spouse cheats the punishment should be the same. Does infidelity rise to that of homicide? In this case yes. Her husband was a physically abusive cock sucker. And she catches him trying to rape another. Two to the groin and wait for him to die slow. Why should society pay to keep people like this alive? The story was a **** but the irreverent and caustic attitude of the narrator made it a *****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry excuse of a tale.

Author obviously has illusions of grandeur. Thinks writing in such a disjointed way marks a superior form of literature. Actually, pretty pathetic effort and a less than sorry tale. Author should find a local community college an take a course in creative writing ( because this sure in the Hell isn't it).

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You just don't. Understand how.

To use punctuation. At all.

Seriously, this was shit. I had to quit reading after a few paragraphs.

Please, GOD, do not write any more. On the other hand, you haven't written anything yet... This was just words vomited onto virtual paper...

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
NOT LW

Among a myriad of other things this was NOT, is that there is NO single criterion of LIT's specs for LW ... she was married, but NOT adventurous.

The 'writing mechanics' of this submission are atrocious! 'Bituminous' heart? Not a synonym for 'black' or 'dark' ... 'tar-like' might be granted some literary license, but not by me for this submission!

As has been noted, this is primarily a political tirade, with a heavy anti-male bonus tossed in! It is patently designed to gratuitously offend many readers, with no value-added to the claimed intent of the tale! This meets almost all of my criteria for one star!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
BTW - Title

You know it is going to be bad news when the TITLE is fucked-up. Fanfare does NOT know how to use 'grievous!'

thebuffalothebuffaloover 10 years ago

I enjoyed the read. It was a different and interesting plot. The character's anger was certainly well portrayed.

Sure, there were some mistakes; mistakes that should have been caught in edit.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 10 years ago
In answer to the defenders, ask yourselves this...

1. In what way was the man's latest partner "raped"?

2. Since when does infidelity ever justify homicide? Never heard of divorce, which the woman had many chances to do? She would probably have taken him to the cleaners, given the divorce laws.

3. She could have found a new man and adopted kids. Never heard of adoption?

4. Since when do politics have much to do with serial infidelities?

5. Why does she attack him for having basic needs? I can understand attacking him for the infidelities, but she seems to resent men for wanting sex at all. If so, why marry? Why not take a vow of chastity, be a nun? There's a place for women who hate sex: it's called a convent.

6. Why does she fall for the father-in-law's cock and bull crap about renewing vows with a known serial philanderer? Does she really think that he will change? Perhaps, I would have bolted the moment a spouse gave me an STD, let alone several. I still think that she is an enabler and has borderline personality disorder. Probably has syphilis, too, given her addled mind.

7. Why does so much of this story have nothing to do with her marriage and instead focus on attacking mankind and the Republican Party?

8. Why has fanfare never employed a Volunteer Editor?

No wonder he is a leftist. Low-information voters typically are.

bullet375bullet375over 10 years ago
What Crap

I say again, "What Crap!"

Get a life -- one that involves staying away from writing instruments.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 10 years ago
Also, I wonder how she even got the STDs....

....given her attitude about sex, I don't think it likely that she slept with him much at all. I get the impression that she almost believe that she could have kids by immaculate conception. She certainly thought herself a saint and a martyr, whose shit didn't stink.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 10 years ago
In fact, hubby should have left her instead of cheating on her.

As little sex as he got from her, I'd have left long ago and told her to kiss my ass on the way out. Also, in answer to the anon moron, no Lenin did NOT come to power on a fair vote. In fact, in the only free election held at the time, KERENSKY'S party, the Socialist Revolutionaries, beat the Bolsheviks 2 to 1. Lenin was a mass-murdering asshat, but to the left, he can do no wrong.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 10 years ago
Okay, having forced myself to read through that section, apparently it was rape.

At least with the babysitter girl. Which should have earned him a kick to the balls and a lengthy prison term, not death by vigilante justice. Even so, that part is better explained, once I was able to get past my bile at this still absurdist tale and read that part more comprehensively.

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
This 'story'

Should be in a new contest,write like a tea party member,this one would have a good shot at winning.I can only hope the author deliberately wrote it like a sarah palin admirer,not because this is the way they write.If so would be better in satire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Okay...

You seriously need a course on sentence structure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*s

Very different and very entertaining. You did a very good female voice. At least

my wife and I think you did it very well.

Gave you a fiver . This was a lot better than your last story. The 3 part "brother

paternity " rape of sister-in-law .Remarkable disappearance of your British english.

Except for the sub-title. It should be..."last day of my abominable Husband's life."

Now I am a writing nazi,lol.

From america

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I have no idea if this is a good story because I cannot get past the periods.

Although as a volunteer writer you are immune from some sources of criticism, PLEASE get an editor. You are putting periods in the middle of sentences, for goodness sake. That is so off-putting (it causes one to stop, go back, see what in the world the declarative point of the sentence is) that it brought me to a dead stop after only a few paragraphs. A decent editor can teach you to improve your writing. I want to be encouraging if, perhaps your story line is good. Many of us will never know because your material is unreadable without competent editing.

Woodwalker17Woodwalker17over 10 years ago
really disappointed

I absolutely loved your story/rant up until you broke my heart with the statement about engaging the safety on a revolver. anyone with any knowledge of guns knows that revolvers do not have safeties only semi-autos do

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
punctuation. grammar.

sentence struture... please!!

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

Awful story and even worse writing. I hate grammar Nazi's but Jesus Christ this was bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This was truly an epic piece of odiferous crap!

Between the bizarre use of capital letters, the placement of various periods and the lack of commas, I was unable to enjoy this story. Hell, I couldn't even tell what the fuck was going on except that the author was attempting to write anything that would vilify the husband while praising the wife.

The only thing that was killed in this story was the English Language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
hard to follow

woodwalker17 my heritage 22 revolver does have a safety. some do, but the majority don't

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 10 years ago
This was a wonderful read:

Intelligent, literate, wise, funny and sobering. The vocabulary was a pleasant surprise (even a learning experience). The grammar and sentence structure were exactly what we would expect from this distraught, angry, put open author. (I never was a proponent of 'stand your ground laws' but this story has me reconsidering my position on those laws.) A "5" for sure, though it probably deserves more. Thank you. fanfare.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just horrible

Difficult to read and follow and while I'm not the English Police your grammar mistakes further diluted the story. A "1".

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
OK

A long, bitter polemic, but it amassing to me, how many idiots didn't understand the rage. You'll get a horrible score for deviating from the orthodoxy of LW, but your story is better than that..

I found the unrelenting sarcasm got old after a while, but it was witty and sharp, both things to be valued in sarcasm. I do wish the wife had come out financially better. that in her endless fiddling with the books, she had set herself up for life. The bitterness of gall does not satisfy one for long.

I didn't check, but a more up beat story (for at least a few of the characters) would be wonderful because you can write origonal stories.

Chilley

m1a1m1a1over 10 years ago
crap

Just another Oprah Winfree man hating bitch story.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
A bit overdone

The points don't have to be reiterated so much and I feel the political complaints could be distracting. This story makes an interesting counterpoint to all those stories where the husband, with two beloved children, can't do anything but grin and bear it while wifey is having an affair..

fanfarefanfareover 10 years agoAuthor
Responding to your grievances

Well, well. Quite evidently another one of my experimental writings went over with all the grace and charm of a zeppelin on fire.

Though, in all lack of modesty, I cannot accept full credit and public acclaim for this work. It was a very strange experience writing the ‘Grievous Widow’. It wasn’t until I got to editing the first draft that I realized that I had been channeling my memories of my deceased wife, while writing this piece. That those memories had seemingly dictated most of this story.

She was a very militant atheist and feminist and I am of the opinion I gave her true voice to this project. She always accused me of not listening to her! Her favorite insult was to call me Mr. Oblivious. Proved you wrong, didn’t I, Dear?

As for my eccentric usage of punctuation, I do that deliberately to force you the reader to slow down and think about what you just read. I know, I know, I’m a bastard for interrupting you tugging at your little weewees.

I expected those of you experienced at reading pornography, that you would have appreciated my manipulation of lowercase and Capitalization of pronouns. I am disappointed that many of you failed to get the joke. Go look up the arguments over D/s in the BDSM genre. Then think about how I applied it to this story and how those changed as our main character found the courage to stand up for Herself and others.

Lickideesplit, I used grievous as specifically as I wished to. In my opinion in the context of this story, using “Grievous Widow’ as the title is not only accurate usage but hilarious!

I try to write as I hear people speak. I am not at all interested in appeasing the Gaggle of Grammarians. In my opinion, Academic English is one of the worst methods of preventing communication since Neo-Confucianism.

Woodwalker17, you and I were both wrong about safeties on a revolver. The S&W Model 40 has a squeeze grip safety (also called lemon-squeezer) In the correct firing position, you squeeze the grip to release. I must have confused it with memories of the safety-latch on the last pistol I owned, a 9mm semi-automatic. I have very vague and uncertain memories about 30 or 40 years ago having a .357 magnum revolver that had a latch safety but I truthfully could not swear to that.

I want to thank everyone who saw fit to respond to my posting. Sorry for those of you who I caused fits. But it entertains me to read those of you such as SEVERUSMAX and soulspice who took the time to analyze what I wrote. Contrary to my reputation as a general, all around asshole. Just because you disagree with me does not mean I am right and does not mean that you are wrong. It just more usually works out that way.

I am pleased that I have received such a strong response for the “Grievous Widow”. It is a relief after the sullen silence, the lack of response for my previous posting of the “Good Buddy”.. Word of Caution here, if the GW is giving you conniptions, I would not advise you to read the GB, you’ll probably have apoplexy. And, if I don’t get to watch, it wouldn’t be near as much fun for me. I think all the readers are scared that the writer actually is an NSA agent provocateur! I may not have jammed you yesterday and I may not jam you tomorrow, but I will always be happy to jam you today.

For those of you, dear readers, who are sitting back nervously wondering where the hell is the porn you want to read, I have three short pieces going through the approval process right now. I call these the ‘Sexcerpts’, they are taken from larger novel/novelette sized story-lines I have been working on. Yes, I know, I’m a terrible punster, get over it and just enjoy.

Not sure when my next larger story will be completed, it has engaged me with complexities I did not expect when I first outlined it. But I promise, it will satisfy the BTB lynch mob, with justice accomplished! Like I said, I enjoy experimenting with my writings, if you think you know what I will publish next on this site......surprise!

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Interesting

Interesting Consequence story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
UNUSUAL STORY

I could see you were really holding something back during that long rant....Come on, let it all out and tell us how you really feel...LOL

JackorChuckJackorChuckover 10 years ago
Great Story

I enjoyed your story which shines a humerous light on a womens experience. This story could be classified as a Burn the Bastard story or BTB. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
... man.

There's so much to like, but you made it so very hard to do so.

1. I have a large vocabulary as well, and understood every word you used here, but really, it's like you planted them at random in the story. Lose stuff like "nemesistic"; it makes you look like a bright high-schooler trying look smarter than everyone else.

2. Get an editor. I get the impression that you wrote this thing in a fit of rage, and your grammar suffered where your vocabulary did not.

3. Random capitalization speaks for itself.

4. Add numbers 1 through 3 together and you have a story that is hard to read.

An editor, or even a few proof-reads and calming down from your rage would have made all the difference.

Failing to do so broke an otherwise great story where the woman gets payback on a cheating asshole rapist husband. Minus the political commentary, it's no different than any of the cheating husband stories where the wives act like conniving evil whores out to steal children and every asset they can get their hands on. The bitterness is obviously intended here and again... is the same as the bitterness shown in many of the stories that go just short of BTB or beyond into BTB itself.

Yeah, assholes - BTB goes both ways. Cheaters will cheat and statistics don't back up the idiotic theory that only men and not women are filthy cheating shits. Hell, some of them, like this man, even go so far as to be vicious little rapists when their illusions are shattered.

As far as your readers go, take the advice on an editor and proofreading, but ignore the shitheads like Severusmax who are going to deliberately try and rewrite things into your story that were never in it to justify their nasty little worlds where it is indeed acceptable to cheat on one's wife, treat her like shit, infect her with STDS, treat her like a second-class citizen just because she is *barren* and unable to conceive children and basically act like a general drain on society. There are really women like this, and really men like this. That's reality. People can be nasty little fuckers. In real life, you don't get BTB though.

And that's why we have stories like this and love those stories with BTB endings.. For some reason, a certain class of BTB reader seems to insist that the only cheating whores can be women, and a woman who is cheated on deserves it.

To those people, I say: Fuck you, hypocrites.

I can only hope that someday, author, you either find love in women that you can't find in men, or that you can get past your anger towards men. Not all men are like this, just as not all women are (no matter what the size of the "cheating whore" genre is) That's reality. Not a story.

Don't let life drag you down. It really does go on.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 10 years ago
Fanfare, I'll be honest. I thought that the character exaggerated....

....the frequency of the marital sex. For one thing, women are prone to hyperbole (YOU NEVER DO THIS or YOU ALWAYS DO THAT), not to mention how anti-sex the wife clearly was. I still think that she would have been happier as a nun, given her views about sex (either that or she was a lesbian and just didn't like straight sex). On the other hand, I missed the references to marital rape and spousal abuse, probably due to being distracted by so many grammatical errors and what came across as a misandristic diatribe.

I still think that you have deep issues of self-loathing directed at your own sex. I also think that the wife has borderline personality disorder and a martyr complex. Really, given that the man was also several fries short of a Happy Meal (I'd peg him as a malignant narcissist or some other anti-social personality type), they were a match made in Hell and violence was only a matter of time. To be honest, it's a good thing that they didn't have kids and I would be surprised to see a couple go that long without a violent end, due to their several psycho-social dysfunctions. Even so, divorce could have avoided that much trouble.

For the rest, well, if they were real people and not fictional characters, a nice long stint in the psych ward or a correctional facility.

Frankly, though, the politics was especially unnecessary. To an avowed libertarian who used to be an anarchist, it was rather vitriolic and even seemed a bit brainwashed. But maybe that's just me.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 10 years ago
To the anon who called me a "shithead"....that was uncalled for.

Don't put words in my mouth. Okay? Seriously, you don't know what I think. I missed a few details here or there, but I don't support rape or spousal abuse. Nor do I support murder of a cheating spouse, male or female. Murder is still wrong, no matter why you do it. The reason I missed those details is that the hostility toward men, the anti-Republican rant, and the grammatical issues were more than a little distracting, and I had moments that I wanted to stop reading (in fact I did for a while). Also, I still have doubts about the accuracy of the "half-dozen" times a week claim.

Then again, it's fiction and it's his story. Also, however, the error about "grand juries" was especially jarring to one even slightly acquainted with the law. That and the half-dozen part (especially given how much the woman hated sex) made it very hard to suspend disbelief, which is vital to the telling of a tale.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Stream of consciousness?

Was that what you were going for?

Never did like that much, found it hard to follow read and skipped bits to get to the end. Liked the idea of the story, god knows this section needs some BTB from the other perspective but as I wrote earlier was a little to out there for me. Maybe if I dropped a tab and pretended I was back in the sixties........

Liked the political references, not being from the US I don't follow it to closely but I have noticed that some regular contributors must have George W pictures rather than scantily clad girls on the back of their toilet doors.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years agoAuthor
now children, please settle down

I expected very strong disagreements over this fictional story, I wrote it with strong disagreeable sentiments in mind. SERVERUSMAX, I want to reiterate that I appreciate your comments about what I wrote.

I have never feared controversy or going against public opinion. As in all my writing, though it seems that people do not believe me, many of the "scenes?" are based on my own experiences in life or from the people I have known. Then of course I exaggerate and even try to throw in twists to pump up the energy level. I do not always succeed, I do not always manage to meet reader's expectations, I do not always find a balance between reality and fiction.

As for the part about the Grand Jury. First of all I have talked to people who have served, here in California and a couple from Florida. I think one was from Ohio, when he served. They all expressed frustration over political interference with their duties. And for this story, the GJ found our heroine "Not Chargeable" on grounds of self-defense. The District Attorney could still have chosen to charge her and bring her to trial without triggering double-jeopardy. To do or not to do, is a political decision. The DA's are elected officials and swayed by consideration of if their desires to be re-elected.

deadonedeadoneover 10 years ago
OK good atempt

Humor is very difficult to do. LW humor almost impossible.

This was over done, like the guy who is a 10th Dan in 14 styles, a Seal, a Green Beret, a CPA, an attorney, a CEO, and full time dad. (Did I say that at age 40 so attractive that women walk into walls looking at him)

Anybody who could not see this is humor needs to turn off the computer and go outside and get a life!

Still I give 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
cri...cri.....cri.....

You need a mommy very very badly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
loved it!

Wow, lots of negative comments. It was tough to follow at times, but overall the effect was great. Keep writing, please!

user110user110over 10 years ago
shittiest editing EVAARRR!!!!

the story could have been written so much better. writing complete sentences would help.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
I understand you

All right Fanfare had a deceised feminist wife and this effects his comments and his stories. The main character is a protagonist of a feminist. However according to the newer statistical data the cheating rate is 55% for the wives and 60% for the husband in lifetime minimal 1 extramarital occasion, so against the feminist POV the men and women are same (5% different is statistics nuance....) on shitting of family values.

If the old time 25% for women and the 60% men statistic data were the main character massive man hater prejudice would be true. However the main character struggles a picture, which was true 60 years ago.............BTW It was good she killed the bastard.........

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Oh well

Your diatribe was hard to read with hard to read syntax, over use of capitalization and little plot. I happen to agree with much of the criticism of our culture. The gender bias. Yes. The hypocrisy of televangelists. Yes. And the greatest danger that being the rise and power of corporation particularly now that they are considered individuals by an idiotic Supreme Court.I am on your side in terms of ideas but you need help while writing.

ForkedBeardForkedBeardover 10 years ago
Stream of consciousness

I enjoyed the story. Much of it read like a stream of consciousness. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

CleardaynowCleardaynowover 10 years ago
Fanfare has excelled himself

This is just so good on so many levels. I think I am going to have to favourite this – and I have only favoured one other story so far.

The big joke is that if the story were altered so that (with a few changes to suit) it was the husband shooting the errant wife, the exact same people who hate and vilify the story in the comments would be rooting for the ‘hero’ & saying the bitch had it coming to her. Their complaint would be that there was not enough revenge and that the ‘hero’ should be screwing most things in sight (including married women) once it all happened.

The above is set up clearly. It is just so funny that so many of the commenters still fall into the trap and enter their diatribes – unaware just how stupid they are showing themselves to be.

I do notice that the ‘usual suspects’ are missing, which means that they at least are wise enough to see the trap.

The score is remarkably high, 2.98 at point of writing. This means that an enormous number of people, like myself, appreciate just how good this is – counterbalancing the inevitable mob who 1 star any story they find uncomfortable in Loving Wives.

The spelling and capitalisations are an affectation that clearly establishes the wife as intelligent but badly educated. Hence her staying in the marriage. It is as legitimate a device as someone speaking in a regional dialect. Clearly, Fanfare enjoys the experimentation but I found the story held my attention right the way through & I never found this style interfered with the flow & sense of the story (unlike occasionally in Brotherly Love). Read Fanfare’s own comments to see how articulate and clear he can be when writing.

I have this image of Fanfare as a drink sodden English aristocrat. With the intense insanity derived from centuries of dedicated inbreeding – only vitiated by the occasional cross breeding a century or so ago with American heiresses from families unaware of the importance of primogeniture. He is sitting on top of the battlements (mock gothic), taking pot shots at everyone and everything passing below. Post men, assorted governmental officials, family retainers, tourists, more governmental officials come to complain about the previous government officials, police and various examples of the local fauna. Only pausing for a tot more of port or whiskey, to pee over the side of the roof and to choose his weapon – shot gun, air rifle, pistol or deer rifle? Until, in a moment of total madness, he shoots and kills a fox. Mortified by this most grievous and unforgivable of sins, he does the only decent thing – he emigrates to America.

Fanciful I know. I doubt if he has a drop of blue blood in him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Did you re-read this before you posted it?

If you did, then your English is really really bad. It distracts from the story. And I'm not a member of the Grammar Patrol on this site. Yours just really sucks.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Great Tale

I think you should run for public office. I also think you should work on the TV show "Cheaters." You job would be to kill the cheaters when they are caught. Seriously, wait, did I just say that? Seriously, the asshole jerkoff prick cheating husband deserved what he got. You like that grammar? Rapists deserve death. For that you got Five Stars.

The end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
stream of consciousness

Weird hate filled dreck. No real plot. Author writes as if his or her mind is on meth and full of neurosyphillitic gummas. APG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Horrible grammar......

Get an editor. I gave it a zero. Unreadable. Try again when you're able to grasp the English language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
was this even a story?

Was there a plot in there somewhere between the filthy mouthed, hate spewing droning of hate? Some one has anger issues. Glad you got that off your tittified chest?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
LOVED IT , voted 5 stars. exquisite, transcendent, ingenious.

Please write another story like this one ..

Please post it on a friday evening.

reading experience for target audience must be somewhat similar

to ingesting copious amounts of liquid lead,

or having a red hot poker shoved up their Arse.

it's my understanding that e.m.t are usually overstretched at the weekend.

and that hospitals are understaffed at the weekends as well.

though proly best to include an Authors Note at the beginning along the lines of.

Warning:

do not read if you suffer from high blood pressure,

do not read if you suffer from heart problems.

gotta give the dumb fckers a chance.

bet they still attempt to read it ........ { surprise }

xxxhugsxxx

only found this Authors profile by accident, they left a particulary apt comment on a story by another Author. that piqued my curiosity . and i have now added "Fanfare" to my favs.

OleguyOleguyover 9 years ago
Crackerjack job.

What a wonderful difference to the standard oversized meat and overfilled bra.

Wowee didn't you stir the sexist males?

tbear69tbear69over 9 years ago
Too much of a good thing

While I liked the direction of the story, I found it hard to follow. May I suggest using an editor to streamline your story so more people will read and enjoy it?

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Marriages, as they used to be, but , .......

....... not the way they are. At least, not in modern day U.S.of A., I hope so.

Whatever happened to the proverbial 'American Wives ' ? lol.

Of course , I do get your sarcasm on the perennially burning , 'hyper-stupid' , super sluts of the L.W. fame . Exclusively on Lit. lol.

DragonlightoneDragonlightonealmost 9 years ago
Smug snigger

I thoroughly enjoyed this little tale, full of truths and euphemisms. As a Brit; *shakes head sadly: a culture divide, subliminally wider than many appreciate, is very evident in the location. Having said that, I love America and have lived happily in Florida. What a pity us ordinary and normal folk have to put up with the egocentric shenannigans of both Church and Politics world-wide. In the words of one of our greatest humanitarians, Charles Dickens: "Bar humbug". More please!

user110user110over 8 years ago
whats really ironic

is that the author is a man. i mean male.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This is just horrible. Setting aside the political nonsense in it, the punctuation and capitalization are atrocious. You need to seek professional help for your feminist delusions.

DragonlightoneDragonlightoneabout 7 years ago
How appropriate

I fell off my chair laughing at this story, written a few years back as I type. Better yet was all the comments received from the date of publication . . . even more amusing. Just think about recent world events of last two weeks; remind you of anything? Answers on a postcard please. *Sarcasm rules presenting 'alternative facts'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Of course whe was tired for involuntary manslaughter

She got off. But they never found her body after her husband's family got thru with her. You seemed to have totally forgotten any real consequences for playing with this type of people. Horrible story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wrong section

You should have put this in non erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Epic stupidity

Just get a divorce. Otherwise I think he grabs the gun and kills her. Laughably bad.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5/5, hysterical and make me believe all 'typical' church and political rumours coming from that strange state of US.

Personally been visiting two states; Texas (Dallas) and Florida (Miami Beach); i did like Dallas a lot, not so much Miami Beach.

jopstorm(1945)

DeesjayDeesjayabout 1 year ago

I don't often give 5*, bet they hate you in Trumpland?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous