The Hiding Game Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It doesn't matter," I lied. I was starting to be calmer, now that we had left the many staring faces behind and I didn't feel like my every move was being watched anymore. We turned a corner and entered the art room, whose occupants were currently at lunch. Setting her tray on a table, Marisol looked at me expectantly.

"What is it you want to talk about? I mean, I realize that there is a huge amount of stuff that you..."

"Seth," I said, and she stopped mid-sentence. "Everyone thinks I hate him."

"Does it matter?" Marisol asked. "It's not like we've ever given a second thought to what everyone thinks."

"I know." I sat down in a chair opposite her. "But his life sucks too right now. I'm the one getting all the sympathy -- which is freaking me out, by the way -- but he's the one who's had to live with an abusive dad his entire life. He's the one who tried to keep me safe. It's killing me to see him like this, so... so..."

"You miss him, don't you?" Marisol asked quietly.

I nodded sadly and shredded a piece of lettuce with my fork. I did miss him. I'd gotten to know a sweet, funny, genuinely caring guy over the past few months, and there was little I wanted more than to be with him.

I can't believe this all happened," I said blankly. "All of it. Everything's changed, and I'm hurt, and he's hurt, and I wish we could comfort each other and just..." I fell silent.

"Be back together," Marisol finished.

For a moment, the both of us were silent. She was right, and I knew it, but I also knew that I wasn't ready to come back to him yet. I didn't know whether I'd ever be ready.

"I'm going to cry," I announced, and promptly did.

12