All Comments on 'The Human Condition Ch. 02'

by jfinn

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
by_any_other_nameby_any_other_nameabout 15 years ago
love it!!

i really like this story and i love how u write such believable characters and smooth storyline that plays back n forth in past n future

Ex0ticPrincessEx0ticPrincessabout 13 years ago

This story is so amazing.

And I'm only on chapter 2

;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

It seems wrong that all the pressure was put on Mike to "confess" to Joe that he's gay. It's not like hetero people have to walk up and identify themselves as straight. Why couldn't they just be friends, first and foremost?

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
One of the best

OK, I going to come clean and admit I've read this series several times without getting round to voting or commenting. But I'll try to remedy that now by admitting this story really makes my guts clench in pain. If you didn't have those bits in the beginning of each chapter that reassures the reader that there is a HEA somewhere in the future, this story would just be too full of heartbreaking scenes to get through. In spite of being so well written and at times funny - and evetually quite hot too :-)

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 11 years ago
I have to agree with Timothy

I have read this story before but never voted sorry about that and am remedying that this time as I love it. I agree with his assessment too and can't wait to see how it comes about that they get together but must say I loved this chapter and am so happy for Mike that he realizes his family love him no matter what

dairetodairetoalmost 10 years ago
Just as good if not better

the second time i read this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Never tire of it..

This is about my fifth time reading this story. I never tire of it. Beautifully crafted.

catamitecatamiteabout 6 years ago
I am slowly getting Conditioned

The Human Condition - I'm game, if you are. Great story thus far

curiousaudreycuriousaudreyabout 3 years ago

Betsy might be bitchy but she's not a bad person, actually letting Mike's family stay in her apartment even if Joe convinced her on Mike's behalf. I was right in my assessment about Mike seeing women as his rivals, the guy even got mad at his nurse for making banter for God's sake it's so odd.

I'm mildly irritated with Mike but I have to read at least one more part before I decide to write this off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mike did nothing wrong - he didn’t lie to Joe - he simply didn’t convey his orientation (a very personal thing) in the first weeks of meeting Joe. Joe just assumed Mike was straight and Mike never clarified that. Also, still calling it that twin Josh is gay. Now how long will Mike carry the secret that he’s in love with Joe. That seems like a much bigger dishonesty than being gay. Doing some quick math, Mike (33 in present, assumed to be around 1999-2000) mentions he’s been with Joe for 10 yrs, meaning they got together at 23 (about 1989-90). If they are only 18-19 in the flashbacks of 1985, then they don’t get together for another 4 years or so (not until after college). This is going to get frustrating to read about them refusing to face their feelings for each other for years!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous