All Comments on 'The Human Condition Ch. 04'

by jfinn

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
its true

u right.............

iguanacoosbayiguanacoosbayover 14 years ago
awesome

Love your story so far.....don't ever quit writing, as you have a unique gift for telling a great story..

Ex0ticPrincessEx0ticPrincessabout 13 years ago

This was fucking fantastic.

You are an amazing writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wow!!!!

you r a brilliant writter...and very educated too which is quite obvous....keep up d gud work...:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Brilliant

"Or was I holding up my freedom like a cross in the face of the vampire of loneliness."

Beautifully crafted chapter and some really excellent prose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
AMAZING

Very interesting and i love how serious it is but, at the same time it can be funny, it is realistic and i love that every chapter include the small part of the future. I love it.

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
so now my guts ache for two reasons

Oh damn that Kevin dressed up moment always have me in tears of laughter, it's so fucking hilarious. And then the switch to the serious bit at the end hits you even harder.

Ah, suddenly I know why I haven't bothered so much about comments before. You may not even be active on Lit, seeing as it's almost 10 years since you posted any stories. Oh, well never mind, maybe the comments will show other readers the way to a nice read.

neljonhneljonhover 11 years ago
I love this episode.

Lol cant stoop laughing about the barney joke. Hahaha

Keeep up the good work man . And ill keep reading too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Disgusted

Honestly, I will probably quit reading this. I loved it thus far, but the fact that you said gay couples and monogamy doesn't go hand in hand is disgusting and faulty. Any couple that loves each other should be monogamous regardless of gender, end of story. I know many gay couples, my Fiance and I included, that are monogamous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"Disgusted"

To the recent anon last year, wow, I wonder if you actually even read the thing. It's heavily implied they end up in a monogamous relationship after the flashback story. And the main character himself is reevaluating his thoughts on it, and this was 1988.

Kneejerk much?

catamitecatamiteabout 6 years ago
Just gotta love that Miss Lucy

Mmmmm giving a key to Joe........ Mmmmmm What does that wise old woman see?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

In reading this chapter, I again was initially off put by the notion of Mike saying gay and monogamy can’t co-exist. But then the second-guessing of himself, the realization that maybe he’s been fooling himself. Finally the realization that this is 1988 and gay acceptance and mindset was very different just 35 yrs ago. Gay marriage, surrogacy/adoption, the scourge of AIDS, etc - all very different than today. Still I believe there is a big part of gay culture that says cheating, infidelity, and multiple partners are ok and needed, instead of realizing that is a farce and heteros and homos are different species, and the desire for monogamy and being someone’s one and only aren’t based on sexual orientation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous